PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen needs dave more than Dave needs van halen

mattiew23m
06-06-2005, 01:49 AM
Think about it. Dave has a royality check, he probably has gf or gf's =) I'm thinkin he has a gf that he just doesn't floss... Dave's personal life is just that. Personal! Never bring relationships into the lime light, because we know it works for so many. Dave has the emt training, has tons of respect in the music industy (legendary status), the man works out, and is in great shape. He is an all around good guy. Yea, he can have a fuck you attitude about him, but that's him acting, and putting on a show. That's what you want from a frontman. Sammy acts like the nice guy when the camera's role, but he can be kinda prickish to people. I know this.. Hagar hosted a free nyc concert at battery park, and was giving out autographs. You had to buy a cd to get one for sure.. Well, sammy gave out a ton of free one's. One more guy asked for one, and sammy flat out said "I got fuckin' things to do man, i'll see you in cabo, someone get the car, and get me the hell out of here." I've been to sammy show's.. He doesn't notice the new fans.. He looks for his buddy's that go to cabo, or lake taho. Everyone else, is ehhh whatever. Even back in the day, he was all about cabo. Now, i saw dave on the sam and dave tour.. Dave saw me singing the words to "i'm the one" look me dead on, and had that hell yea look to him.. Now that's the shit i'm talkin about.. And his film crew were having a field day with me.. Smiling and giving me high fives.. They were right in my face as i was singing along.. Now back to the point. The Van Halen name is ruined. Eddie is in poor shape. Alex try's to manage the band, and mikey doesn't know what he wants to do. So, its safe to say, Dave is at the top of his game. Still doing what he loves, and learning new things. Van Halen, well they aren't doing anything. Ed, Al, and Mike suck it up. You guys aren't made of steel, call dave back, and then no one can touch you. People really didn't care about the 2004 tour with sam. Do you hear people talking about how great it was today?? Concerts are supposed to make u talk, and remember it for ages. People went, and they forgot about it the next day.. Dave can bring the goods to the table. They say reunion. Give him a little time to tune the pipes, get ready, and he'll be good to go. Eddie practice a little, al work on yer skills too, bass player, just play! Make new music, and tour. It just takes some effort. You put dave, and ed in a studio. The magic will just happen.. Van Halen, you need dave!!!!! Radio stations are getting clobbered with requests.. hahahaha not by just me, but everytime i turn on the radio, i hear something van halen related. So, the people have spoken. Now speak to us through music

ROTH ON!

Jurak
06-07-2005, 12:58 PM
man your like the energizer bunny........jus keep goin and goin'...

Dave always brings the goods to the table, don't forget the D'tuna. :D

Carmine
06-07-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by mattiew23m
Think about it. Dave has a royality check, he probably has gf or gf's =) I'm thinkin he has a gf that he just doesn't floss... Dave's personal life is just that. Personal! Never bring relationships into the lime light, because we know it works for so many. Dave has the emt training, has tons of respect in the music industy (legendary status), the man works out, and is in great shape. He is an all around good guy. Yea, he can have a fuck you attitude about him, but that's him acting, and putting on a show. That's what you want from a frontman. Sammy acts like the nice guy when the camera's role, but he can be kinda prickish to people. I know this.. Hagar hosted a free nyc concert at battery park, and was giving out autographs. You had to buy a cd to get one for sure.. Well, sammy gave out a ton of free one's. One more guy asked for one, and sammy flat out said "I got fuckin' things to do man, i'll see you in cabo, someone get the car, and get me the hell out of here." I've been to sammy show's.. He doesn't notice the new fans.. He looks for his buddy's that go to cabo, or lake taho. Everyone else, is ehhh whatever. Even back in the day, he was all about cabo. Now, i saw dave on the sam and dave tour.. Dave saw me singing the words to "i'm the one" look me dead on, and had that hell yea look to him.. Now that's the shit i'm talkin about.. And his film crew were having a field day with me.. Smiling and giving me high fives.. They were right in my face as i was singing along.. Now back to the point. The Van Halen name is ruined. Eddie is in poor shape. Alex try's to manage the band, and mikey doesn't know what he wants to do. So, its safe to say, Dave is at the top of his game. Still doing what he loves, and learning new things. Van Halen, well they aren't doing anything. Ed, Al, and Mike suck it up. You guys aren't made of steel, call dave back, and then no one can touch you. People really didn't care about the 2004 tour with sam. Do you hear people talking about how great it was today?? Concerts are supposed to make u talk, and remember it for ages. People went, and they forgot about it the next day.. Dave can bring the goods to the table. They say reunion. Give him a little time to tune the pipes, get ready, and he'll be good to go. Eddie practice a little, al work on yer skills too, bass player, just play! Make new music, and tour. It just takes some effort. You put dave, and ed in a studio. The magic will just happen.. Van Halen, you need dave!!!!! Radio stations are getting clobbered with requests.. hahahaha not by just me, but everytime i turn on the radio, i hear something van halen related. So, the people have spoken. Now speak to us through music

ROTH ON!

Mattie: you keep preachin the spoken word of The Church of Roth!!

I hearby crown you as..................Reverend Reunion!!

vanzilla
06-07-2005, 01:11 PM
Not bad for a big fat stinky wet pussy.

Carmine
06-07-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by vanzilla
Not bad for a big fat stinky wet pussy.

Thats Reverend Reunion...:cool:

Wonder Twins
06-07-2005, 04:21 PM
I disagree. AT this point in their careers, they need each other equally. Dave cant do the big things to fufil his ego any longer and VH cant keep throwing lead singers up there instead of the guy we want to see. SO at this point Both camps should remove their heads from their asses and finally give us fans the true present we fucking deserve. A CVH REUNION.

DrMaddVibe
06-07-2005, 04:59 PM
Roth on Matt!

Glad you're back!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MUTHAFUCKAS!!!

Terry
06-07-2005, 09:58 PM
Van Halen and Dave can keep chugging along without each other, playing to dwindling crowds and releasing new music to a record buying public that is, by and large, disinterested (Van Halen 3 and BOBW [AKA the 3 new 2004 Van Hagar tracks] didn't exactly sell like hotcakes, and Dave's last two studio releases...well, I bought 'em both, and was apparently 1 of 60,000 that did).

But if Dave and the Van Halens want to start moving some serious units and playing to 15,000 + seaters filled to capacity, they're gonna have to reunite. Pretty much that simple. Dave has been putting on a great show the last several years, and I seriously doubt him w/a reunited CVH is gonna SOUND all that much better than what he's got going with Ray and Brian ('bout the only weak part of Dave's current touring band is the background vocals), because, instrumentally speaking, Dave's band kicks ass live.

As for Ed, his douchebag brother and Mike...well, what he fuck else are they gonna do? Try to get a fourth singer in there? Try to do another Van Hagar tour? Wouldn't put trying either option past them, but honestly what's the fucking point? Those three have been competing against the classic legacy for twenty years and coming up short. They should just accept that what people want to see is Van Halen with Roth fronting the group, suck up their pride, stifle their overblown notions of being 'artists', realize that they are part of a commodity that is missing a key component, and fix the problem.

Seriously, it's getting to the point where not reuniting with Dave has crossed over from ego-induced stubborness to a masochistic streak, like they're TRYING to flop and piss everyone off in the process. People are getting tired of Ed and Al's bullshit excuses, and it's only gonna be a matter of time before virtually nobody's gonna care if CVH gets back together or not. I mean, I love CVH as much as anybody, and I could really give a shit one way or the other at this point.

hollywood5150
06-07-2005, 10:00 PM
I agree they need eachother...........but one more than the other

zeronumber
06-07-2005, 10:19 PM
I agree with Wondertwins...

Dave can't headline a huge venue tours anymore, and nobody really cares for VH unless they have dave or sam in th lineup.

They both need each other equally.

Much are most bands with and withouth their lead singer.

Jesus
06-07-2005, 10:31 PM
It`s swell to have you back, Matt! Roth on!

mattiew23m
06-07-2005, 10:36 PM
Spanks!

David Lee Ross
06-07-2005, 10:49 PM
Well, well, well, my lovely people. Van Halen needs David Lee Rocket more than the Rocket Man needs Van Halen? That is the question I see. To clarify the situation, you have to look at it this way. You see, it's like taking your car to the car wash. You are most naturally going to take your car to the car wash with the best deal. There is a car wash several blocks away from you are the corner. Now. do you take it to that car wash. That is where DLR's standpoint is from, while Van Halen is like the car wash. When you get your car washed, you decide to get some gas at a premium price. Now one side has a car but who is going to pump the gas. Unless that is they get a new car that doesn't need gas or they go to a staion and decide who is going to pump the gas. That is, if they don't drive another car. Because that car won't need the gas. But we are still in the dilemma of who's going to pump it. Therein lies the problem.

Glad to be of help. High gas prices or a new car. Only in America! Proceeds of my yet to be donated funds to the DLRArmy will be made instead into a check to the charity of my choice. Only in America!

http://www.sammyhagar.net/forum/images/avatars/214047183842a3e87a6be2f.jpg
Above is a copy of the check made out to charity.

Wonder Twins
06-07-2005, 10:50 PM
All this is crap useless the 4 guys get together and say lets go out and take back rock and roll from the hip hop shit that is known as the music scene today. It is time that the mighty VH show all these talentless fuckers how it is done. The greatest frontman,the greatest guitarist and the most powerful rhytm section in the biz. Fuck yeah it is time they bring us back to the glory days. Lets show all these fuckers like sum 41,limp, nickleback etc what a goddamn band sounds like and rocks like. Jesus Christ Ed and Al lets sweep the shit under the rug and fucking rock the US like only the Mighty VH Can.

Jesus
06-07-2005, 11:00 PM
I think the work you`ve been doing is just splendid... But I`m guessing it must take up a lot of your time... Time away from friends, your dayjob, chores around the house etc..?
Is there anyway we could compensate you? I`m thinking sort of like a sponsorship, maybe through Paypal?
Believe me, I`ve been dabbling in the musicbuisness myself - It`s a lot of hard work - and you rarely get paid! LOL
Anyways, just a thougth.

Hang in there, brotha!

Big hug, Jesus

Jesus
06-07-2005, 11:02 PM
Are you a musician, Matt? I sense that you are.

rustoffa
06-07-2005, 11:18 PM
You're winning mattiew!

Way to bounce back dude.

I agree hole-heartedly. I'm glad Dave ain't whoring himself out signing autographs at a table like sam.

Not very befitting of a LEGEND.

Fuckin' Dave is one historically un-accessible motherfucker!

Redballjets88
06-07-2005, 11:24 PM
matts my main man dad gum he knows whats up

dysfunction
06-08-2005, 06:56 PM
What a joke? Please tell me you people are kidding. Dave is a joke now. No one except for the army and a few others even remember this guy. Van Halen toured last year, although it wasn't a great tour, they still played stadiums and large arenas, with according to you guys a worthless piece of shit (Hagar). They tour arenas, with what you guys consider a worthless piece of shit, but Roth can't fill up 500 seat venues. Roth is currently touring at birthday parties, barbeque cookoffs in the middle of nowhere, and bars in Idaho. Who needs who more? You people might want to think about this one a little more.

Who crawled back like a little bitch to record MWM and CGTSM? Who is now after two miserable decades trying to become an actor on shit like the Sopranos? Is he trying to follow in the footsteps of Jon Bon Jovi (another pathetic rock star)? How is the publicity stunt as an EMT working out? After twenty years he is now trying to be Bono and be a good humanitarian. Dave is an overrated bitch, who would do anything and will do anything to get back in Van Halen, just so people will at least say "Hey, wasn't that guy (Roth) important at one time"?

tydhurst
06-08-2005, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by dysfunction
What a joke? Please tell me you people are kidding. Dave is a joke now. No one except for the army and a few others even remember this guy. Van Halen toured last year, although it wasn't a great tour, they still played stadiums and large arenas, with according to you guys a worthless piece of shit (Hagar). They tour arenas, with what you guys consider a worthless piece of shit, but Roth can't fill up 500 seat venues. Roth is currently touring at birthday parties, barbeque cookoffs in the middle of nowhere, and bars in Idaho. Who needs who more? You people might want to think about this one a little more.

Who crawled back like a little bitch to record MWM and CGTSM? Who is now after two miserable decades trying to become an actor on shit like the Sopranos? Is he trying to follow in the footsteps of Jon Bon Jovi (another pathetic rock star)? How is the publicity stunt as an EMT working out? After twenty years he is now trying to be Bono and be a good humanitarian. Dave is an overrated bitch, who would do anything and will do anything to get back in Van Halen, just so people will at least say "Hey, wasn't that guy (Roth) important at one time"?

Ah... The lone voice of a complete Wanker.

Matt, you rock! Give ya five stars if i hadn't already. You hit the nail on the fucking head. Well done.

dysfunction
06-08-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by tydhurst
The lone voice

Fucking hilarious. Lone Voice? How many albums have Dave's last 5 albums sold? Under 500,000 combined. Fuck VHIII sold that many. Sounds like I am not the only one who doesn't like his shit or else the masses would be purchasing all of Dave's cover albums.

tydhurst
06-08-2005, 07:18 PM
Fucking hilarious. Lone Voice?

OK... Who all agrees with this Fuckwit?

dysfunction
06-08-2005, 07:23 PM
OK... Who all agrees with this Fuckwit?

You are a fucking comic genius. I hope you are not serious. There are just over 14,000 members on this site, which is Roth's only true following. That wouldn't even fill up one arena. What is everyone on here going to go to every show?

tydhurst
06-08-2005, 07:26 PM
You are a fucking comic genius. I hope you are not serious. There are just over 14,000 members on this site, which is Roth's only true following. That wouldn't even fill up one arena. What is everyone on here going to go to every show?

I'd love to go to every Dave show. Who can get enough of the worlds GREATEST LIVING FRONTMAN? You sir, have no real argument and no real place here. You're not even worthy of the Sheep Pen.

dysfunction
06-08-2005, 07:27 PM
I'd love to go to every Dave show. Who can get enough of the worlds GREATEST LIVING FRONTMAN? You sir, have no real argument and no real place here. You're not even worthy of the Sheep Pen.

Nice non response.

tydhurst
06-08-2005, 07:31 PM
Nice non response.

Response to what, your last pointless statement?

I am fucking serious. 14,000 members of this site is DLR's only fan base eh? Then how come CVH sold over 50 million albums then half wit? 14,000 would easily fill up a UK arena which Sammy Hagar can't do as nobody cares about the Fat Fuck outisde of Cabo and the deep south Cousin-fucking parts of America. And, given the oppertunity, i bet you EVERYBODY here would go to every Roth show.

mattiew23m
06-08-2005, 07:33 PM
A lot of people say, well david lee roth solo is horrible and so on. Guess what, listen to some of the solo cd's. Sure, the first couple listens you compare it to van halen. Which you can't!!!! Because its not the same shit. The more you listen to solo dlr, the more you understand how great his cd's truly are. Even diamond dave had its moments.. I just bought that, and listened to it today.. Some good covers on there. Dave didn't just cover them, he made them into his own style. You can't compare sammy with van hagar either. Two different types of music. You can compare van hagar with sammy on the 3 new songs they shat out thou. They sound like spammy solo. You can't compare van hagar to van halen. Its just that simple. If you listen to dave, without thinking van halen at all. Its good shit. I know all of this sounds confusing. Anyway, back to the point of this thread, van halen needs dave right now. If they go with sammy, no one will be intrested in the concert. If they got sam and dave. People would go, but boy would i hate to be hagar. If they got just dave. I think if they make a cd, get the right pr, announce it nice and early. The tour will be fuckin' huge. Dave will make sure the word is out there. The media loves dave for some reason. They love the good, the bad, and the ugly. The press has always loves roth. Sammy should of kissed dave's ass for the sam and dave tour. Anyway, van halen have no choices left. It really is, dave or the grave. Anyone who doesn't see this, is fuckin' blind. But, if it doesn't happen... Dave needs to write some new tunes, or maybe switch up the setlist a little.. We have to give props to dave. For keeping the true cvh spirit alive.. :)

krcampbell
06-08-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by mattiew23m
...has tons of respect in the music industy (legendary status),

It's industry.

Hahaha, and respect? Dave hasn't cut a good solo album since Steve Vai decided to stop carrying him.

"DUUUH BUT DIAMOND DAVE AND ALAE WERE SOOO GUD"

Yeah, sure thing retards. Get a grip, David Lee can't do shit. Dave isn't a legend to anybody but himself and you invalids.

He's a good frontman with a very high opinion of himself and an ego that is hardly worth the talent he has.

Eddie is blissfully drunk, Alex doesn't want to make music anymore, Mikey just toured with Sam...all three are likely pleased with where they are. Neither of them has to work another day in his respective life.

Dave is a paramedic and playing a BBQ rib festival in Naperville, Illinois. Yeah, Dave doesn't need Van Halen at ALL. Get a clue, dipshit.

Dave himself said on Boston radio that he calls the VH management every single year to see if they want to reunite. Sounds kinda desperate to me.

Dave needs Van Halen more than anything, and there's nothing you could say to prove anything to the contrary. Look at the facts and pull your heads out of your asses.

Terry
06-08-2005, 07:38 PM

Van Hagar played stadiums last year? That's a new one. They did play some large arenas last year, that's true.....oh, yeah, that's right, tickets didn't come close to selling out for many of them.

Both Sam and Dave will play to larger crowds as members of Van halen than EITHER one will as a solo act these days. Or is Sammy selling out 5,000 seat venues on his own? No, didn't think so.

Dumb fucker.

dysfunction
06-08-2005, 07:41 PM
Response to what, your last pointless statement?

Where is Roth's following? That is what I was clearly asking when I speaking of his album sales. Common sense would tell you if he had a huge following his albums sales would be at least respectable.

I am fucking serious. 14,000 members of this site is DLR's only fan base eh?

Learn to read. I said "true" following, which are the hardcore fans, although it seems a good part of the members are either Hagar fans or like both eras, or maybe even all three.

Then how come CVH sold over 50 million albums then half wit?

Where did they do that, fuckin Mars? That didn't happen on Earth. Last I heard they had sold somewhere in the 30 to 40 million range. Jesus, inflate the numbers why don't you. Hell you inflate numbers worse than Hagar.

14,000 would easily fill up a UK arena which Sammy Hagar can't do as nobody cares about the Fat Fuck outisde of Cabo and the deep south Cousin-fucking parts of America.

Back to one of my previous points. I point out Roth can't sell out 500 seat venues and your response is Sammy can't sell out 14,000. Let's see if Sammy gets closer to filling a 14,000 seat, would that be better than close to filling up a 500 seat birthday party?

krcampbell
06-08-2005, 07:46 PM
Then how come CVH sold over 50 million albums then half wit?

It's around 33-35 million, buddy.

Check the numbers, retard.

superdave
06-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Nice non response.

Here is your response, punk ass, I have been reading your fucking B.S. now for the last week or two, and have had enough--you name the place and time, I will be more than happy to meet you there, and take you apart (literally) piece by piece, don't laugh this off as some goofy threat, this is a WARNING

Terry
06-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by krcampbell
It's industry.

Hahaha, and respect? Dave hasn't cut a good solo album since Steve Vai decided to stop carrying him.

"DUUUH BUT DIAMOND DAVE AND ALAE WERE SOOO GUD"

Yeah, sure thing retards. Get a grip, David Lee can't do shit. Dave isn't a legend to anybody but himself and you invalids.

He's a good frontman with a very high opinion of himself and an ego that is hardly worth the talent he has.

Eddie is blissfully drunk, Alex doesn't want to make music anymore, Mikey just toured with Sam...all three are likely pleased with where they are. Neither of them has to work another day in his respective life.

Dave is a paramedic and playing a BBQ rib festival in Naperville,
Illinois. Yeah, Dave doesn't need Van Halen at ALL. Get a clue,
dipshit.

Dave himself said on Boston radio that he calls the VH management every single year to see if they want to reunite. Sounds kinda desperate to me.

Dave needs Van Halen more than anything, and there's nothing you could say to prove anything to the contrary. Look at the facts and pull your heads out of your asses.

Dave still wants to play with Halen. No doubt.

Am sure Dave doesn't have to work another day in his life if he doesn't want to either, just like Ed, Al, Mike and Sam.

Dave hasn't cut a good solo album since Vai left? Nonsense.

Far as I'm concerned, Dave going for EMT training is a cool thing to do. He didn't call a press conference to announce it, and it's more worthwhile than, say, marketing tequila, hot sauce or an average effects pedal with a jacked-up price because some red and white stripes were slapped on it. It's the difference between doing something for someone else, as opposed to doing something with the sole expectation of lining one's pockets.

tydhurst
06-08-2005, 07:50 PM
Where is Roth's following? That is what I was clearly asking when I speaking of his album sales. Common sense would tell you if he had a huge following his albums sales would be at least respectable.

Learn to read. I said "true" following, which are the hardcore fans, although it seems a good part of the members are either Hagar fans or like both eras, or maybe even all three.

Where did they do that, fuckin Mars? That didn't happen on Earth. Last I heard they had sold somewhere in the 30 to 40 million range. Jesus, inflate the numbers why don't you. Hell you inflate numbers worse than Hagar.

Back to one of my previous points. I point out Roth can't sell out 500 seat venues and your response is Sammy can't sell out 14,000. Let's see if Sammy gets closer to filling a 14,000 seat, would that be better than close to filling up a 500 seat birthday party?

Not only do you have absolutley NO proof as to what you are saying, you still try and make it look like you know somehting more than the people here. All that, the last you heard shit that you're running, as if what you say even counts around here. People here know the numbers and they know what shite you're talking. And futhermore Just because there are 14000 people here that are embers of this doesn;t mena that that's his only hardcore fan base. It's quite possible that some don't have the internet. And, where's the proof that Sammy even has a hardcore fan base. Where's the Sammy Army? And why the fuck are you not there?

tydhurst
06-08-2005, 07:51 PM
It's around 33-35 million, buddy.

Check the numbers, retard.

And who the fuck are you?

dysfunction
06-08-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by superdave
I have been reading your fucking B.S. now for the last week or two

Does the truth really piss you off this much? It's common knowledge Roth was and still is an overrated vocalist who could do nothing but gymnastics. Hagar could sing, write songs, although some of his lyrics are retarded, he still wrote them. He didn't do as Roth and cover 91 songs.

tydhurst
06-08-2005, 07:54 PM
Does the truth really piss you off this much? It's common knowledge Roth was and still is an overrated vocalist who could do nothing but gymnastics. Hagar could sing, write songs, although some of his lyrics are retarded, he still wrote them. He didn't do as Roth and cover 91 songs.

I'd like to point out that Elvis never wrote a song either. But Britney Spears writes all her own lyrics.

dysfunction
06-08-2005, 07:54 PM
People here know the numbers and they know what shite you're talking.

Look I'm trying to be as nice as I can here, but there is no fucking way on this fucking earth that CVH sold 50 million records. I don't know the exact number but it is nowhere near 50 million. You can't just pull numbers out of your ass and expect everyone to believe it, if you do you tend to sound like Hagar and his comments on album sales.

dysfunction
06-08-2005, 07:56 PM
I'd like to point out that Elvis never wrote a song either. But Britney Spears writes all her own lyrics.

First off, I wasn't talking to you on this thread. But since you responded I will. Elvis Presley fucking sucks.

tydhurst
06-08-2005, 07:57 PM
Look I'm trying to be as nice as I can here, but there is no fucking way on this fucking earth that CVH sold 50 million records. I don't know the exact number but it is nowhere near 50 million. You can't just pull numbers out of your ass and expect everyone to believe it, if you do you tend to sound like Hagar and his comments on album sales.

OK, i accept that as a fair argument.

tydhurst
06-08-2005, 07:58 PM
First off, I wasn't talking to you on this thread. But since you responded I will. Elvis Presley fucking sucks.

I agree, but you have to admit Clambake was a great film.

I'm trying to make the point that Songwriting isn't always the key to greatness.

dysfunction
OK, i accept that as a fair argument.

Thank You. New topic.

krcampbell
Originally posted by Terry
Dave still wants to play with Halen. No doubt.

Am sure Dave doesn't have to work another day in his life if he doesn't want to either, just like Ed, Al, Mike and Sam.

Dave hasn't cut a good solo album since Vai left? Nonsense.

Far as I'm concerned, Dave going for EMT training is a cool thing to do. He didn't call a press conference to announce it, and it's more worthwhile than, say, marketing tequila, hot sauce or an average effects pedal with a jacked-up price because some red and white stripes were slapped on it. It's the difference between doing something for someone else, as opposed to doing something with the sole expectation of lining one's pockets.

Does Dave never have to work another day? It's possible, we don't know. He's certainly made the money. But come on, Dave playing podunk bars and festivals in the middle of nowhere? He shouldn't do that unless he has to.

The album thing, it's all preference. The numbers don't lie, though. He doesn't sell anymore.

And sure, it's great that he's an EMT. Helping people and all that, it's fine. But at the same time, there's nothing wrong with "peddling" a hot sauce or guitar gear or tequilla. Sammy sells that stuff for $40-$50 a bottle. And it sells...it's just business, nothing wrong with making money.

And Eddie can jack up the price to anything he wants because people will buy it. It's simple economics, there's no reason to talk down Eddie's business prowess.

The fact is that the brothers, Mikey, and even Dave don't owe anyone shit. When you buy an album, you get an album. When you buy concert tickets, you get a concert. When you buy tequilla or jacked up Eddie guitar swag, you get just that. It's not like you go to pay $100 for something Eddie makes, and then when you hit the cash register, you get charged $400. You know what you're paying, and you know what you're getting when it's backed by Eddie.

If Dave wants to help people, good for him. If the rest wanna make money, that's fine too. I see everyone hear talk shit about Sammy and Mike for their business enterprises, but they're succesful at not only their music pursuits, but also the extra-curriculars which you people so willingly bash. Sammy is more successful at making tequilla or music than any of you people will at anything. And that includes me...you people should at least be smart enough to admit that Sammy is successful.

superdave
06-08-2005, 08:00 PM
The bottom line is (and we normal ones at the Roth Army are tired of pointing out) that Dave is the one true vocalist for Van Halen, and if you can't get that through your fucking head, then head off to your Hagar lovers site.....

tydhurst
06-08-2005, 08:01 PM
Does Dave never have to work another day? It's possible, we don't know. He's certainly made the money. But come on, Dave playing podunk bars and festivals in the middle of nowhere? He shouldn't do that unless he has to.

The album thing, it's all preference. The numbers don't lie, though. He doesn't sell anymore.

And sure, it's great that he's an EMT. Helping people and all that, it's fine. But at the same time, there's nothing wrong with "peddling" a hot sauce or guitar gear or tequilla. Sammy sells that stuff for $40-$50 a bottle. And it sells...it's just business, nothing wrong with making money.

And Eddie can jack up the price to anything he wants because people will buy it. It's simple economics, there's no reason to talk down Eddie's business prowess.

The fact is that the brothers, Mikey, and even Dave don't owe anyone shit. When you buy an album, you get an album. When you buy concert tickets, you get a concert. When you buy tequilla or jacked up Eddie guitar swag, you get just that. It's not like you go to pay $100 for something Eddie makes, and then when you hit the cash register, you get charged $400. You know what you're paying, and you know what you're getting when it's backed by Eddie.

If Dave wants to help people, good for him. If the rest wanna make money, that's fine too. I see everyone hear talk shit about Sammy and Mike for their business enterprises, but they're succesful at not only their music pursuits, but also the extra-curriculars which you people so willingly bash. Sammy is more successful at making tequilla or music than any of you people will at anything. And that includes me...you people should at least be smart enough to admit that Sammy is successful.

So Sammy's sucessful? It doesn;t prove anything. And who says DLR plays his gigs coz he has to. You think Macca plays gigs coz he has to? If you thrive on the audience and you have something to give you will do it any time, any place!

dysfunction
06-08-2005, 08:02 PM
true vocalist

If you say true entertainer, I will give that to you. Roth was and is more flamboyant than Sammy by a long shot. But IMO Sammy is by far the better singer.

tydhurst
06-08-2005, 08:04 PM
If you say true entertainer, I will give that to you. Roth was and is more flamboyant than Sammy by a long shot. But IMO Sammy is by far the better singer.

Depends on what Style you go for really. Sammy had a good range, but i don;t think it was appropriate for a lot of the CVH songs he would have had so sing. Plus he generally sounded like every other 80s singer. There was no unique style that kept me interested at least.

dysfunction
06-08-2005, 08:08 PM
Depends on what Style you go for really.

Exactly. I personally like Hagar.

but i don;t think it was appropriate for a lot of the CVH songs he would have had so sing.

Exactly, I may say differently sometimes just to piss a few people off, but Hagar singing just about any Roth song doesn't fit. He can sing but when compared to Dave, it isn't that great. But I feel the same way about Dave. I can't imagine Dave singing a song like Don't Tell Me or Right Now, just like I can't see Sammy singing Hot For Teacher or Mean Street.

superdave
06-08-2005, 08:09 PM
Dave is the excitement, the energy, and the pizzazz behind Van Halen, and Sam brings everything down with his candy-ass-ishness

tydhurst
06-08-2005, 08:09 PM
Exactly. I personally like Hagar.

Exactly, I may say differently sometimes just to piss a few people off, but Hagar singing just about any Roth song doesn't fit. He can sing but when compared to Dave, it isn't that great. But I feel the same way about Dave. I can't imagine Dave singing a song like Don't Tell Me or Right Now, just like I can't see Sammy singing Hot For Teacher or Mean Street.

You have to admit though. Roth has a great singing voice (Not talking about range)

dysfunction
06-08-2005, 08:13 PM
Dave is the excitement, the energy, and the pizzazz behind Van Halen, and Sam brings everything down with his candy-ass-ishness

Look I'm trying to agree with you, but you are making it impossible. I agreed Dave was the more energetic of the frontmen. Describe candy-ass-ishness. If we are talking about cheesy songs, don't get me started. Dance the Night Away, Dancing in the Street, I'll Wait, damn near everything off of Diver Down. If we are talking abouth something else, disregard my previous statement.

dysfunction
06-08-2005, 08:15 PM
You have to admit though. Roth has a great singing voice (Not talking about range)

If we aren't talking about range, yes he's great.

tydhurst
06-08-2005, 08:15 PM
Look I'm trying to agree with you, but you are making it impossible. I agreed Dave was the more energetic of the frontmen. Describe candy-ass-ishness. If we are talking about cheesy songs, don't get me started. Dance the Night Away, Dancing in the Street, I'll Wait, damn near everything off of Diver Down. If we are talking abouth something else, disregard my previous statement.

By canyassiness i think he might mean songs about love, as opposed to Sex.

tydhurst
06-08-2005, 08:16 PM
If we aren't talking about range, yes he's great.

Swish!

superdave
06-08-2005, 08:21 PM
Dave's lyrics as compared to Sam's?? On your typical FM radio station across the U.S. nowadays, I would bet that Dave era gets played 8-10 times as much as Sam era

dysfunction
06-08-2005, 08:24 PM
Dave's lyrics as compared to Sam's??

Sam's lyrics are a little cheesy or even dumb sometimes, but I prefer it over Dave's anyday for the most part.

tydhurst
06-08-2005, 08:26 PM
Sam's lyrics are a little cheesy or even dumb sometimes, but I prefer it over Dave's anyday for the most part.

Nah, not me. I think Dave uses words a little better. And only has about 2 songs with the word "Love" in the title. Liking songs about love is alright. (i'm a big Beatles fan) but there's just a little too many for a band that once had DLR as it's mouthpiece.

superdave
06-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Dave has never topped the "Only time will tell if we stand the test of time" True schmaltz at it's best

dysfunction
06-08-2005, 08:31 PM
Nah, not me. I think Dave uses words a little better. And only has about 2 songs with the word "Love" in the title. Liking songs about love is alright. (i'm a big Beatles fan) but there's just a little too many for a band that once had DLR as it's mouthpiece.

Yeah, Sammy tends to lay the cheese on a little thick at times.

dysfunction
06-08-2005, 08:34 PM
Dave has never topped the "Only time will tell if we stand the test of time" True schmaltz at it's best

Great song. Cheesy but great.

rustoffa
06-08-2005, 08:34 PM
But come on, Dave playing podunk bars and festivals in the middle of nowhere? He shouldn't do that unless he has to.

If you're referring to the Valdosta show, that's a theme park. I happen to know for a FACT that place has no problem with throwing BIG money around. The abrupt decision by Dave to play there suggests as much. As far as podunk bars and festivals go, that's exactly what sam and Mike have in the crosshairs. They can't call themselves Van Halen either. I'll say this much, If the sam & mikey show were playing here on the same night as David Lee Roth, it'd be no cuntest. Honestly, even the casual fan would weigh their options and go, "Honey, I'd rather go see David Lee Roth, wouldn't you?.....we got the Buffett show coming up later on and I don't wanna beat the louie-louie frat thing to death.....remember when you thought David Lee Roth's name was "Van Halen"?.....haha, me too....that guy is WILD!"

rockvanhalen66
06-09-2005, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
If you're referring to the Valdosta show, that's a theme park. I happen to know for a FACT that place has no problem with throwing BIG money around. The abrupt decision by Dave to play there suggests as much. As far as podunk bars and festivals go, that's exactly what sam and Mike have in the crosshairs. They can't call themselves Van Halen either. I'll say this much, If the sam & mikey show were playing here on the same night as David Lee Roth, it'd be no cuntest. Honestly, even the casual fan would weigh their options and go, "Honey, I'd rather go see David Lee Roth, wouldn't you?.....we got the Buffett show coming up later on and I don't wanna beat the louie-louie frat thing to death.....remember when you thought David Lee Roth's name was "Van Halen"?.....haha, me too....that guy is WILD!" go get that fucking mop you have work to do..

DLR'sCock
06-09-2005, 01:25 AM
I really don't care either way. Dave and Classic, real, and true Van FUCKING Halen is the only VH. Sometimes I think they will never reunite, but if they do kool. I know I am gonna see dave in two weeks, there will be my VH!!!

danzig
06-09-2005, 01:55 AM
That song was lifeless dribble and unrepresesntative of Van Halen's trademark spontaneous sound. You Hagar fans crack me up. Dave's R&B, James Brown influenced singing style was crucial to VH"s unique sound. There is absolutely nothing innovative about Sammy Hagar. He made about as much sense as a replacement to Dave as did Pavorotti or your music teacher for that matter. Any interview will show that Dave is better read and spoken than Sam Hagar, which is also evident in their lyrics. Are you one of these technical singers who tries to downplay creativity because you have none?

David Lee Ross
06-09-2005, 05:45 AM
Ah yes. Once again a most thought provoking question. Does one David Lee Rocket need Van Halen more than Van Halen needs the Diamond Man? Of course! Van Halen needs Diamond Dave like a hand needs a glove. Diamond Dave and Van Halen go together like hand and glove. Or you can Van Halen needs Diamond Dave like a glove needs a hand.

Time has passed on to where it's more extraculartive than other other time in this great nation's history. The modicatefiltion will supsede the post-nomicilacten in every fan's eyes. Only in America can we find it if a frontman and a band go together like hand in glove. That is why my good people. The parties involved in this question being asked, could be easily be revealed be pondering the factors of these talent laden musicians. Virtuosos actually. Does the flamboyant and witty Diamond Dave fit the musically prodigous Van Halen Brothers? Like a hand has to put on a glove to see if it fits. Diamond Dave or Van Halen has to do the same. What this all boils down to, to make the point quite concise, the quesstion shall be answered. My good people, ask yourselves in the place of Diamond Dave and Van Halen. IF THE GLOVE DOESN'T FIT, THEREFORE YOU MUST ACQUIT!

See, not every question has to be so difficult when you break it down into simpler terms. Peace be all to the members of this DLR Army Board.

Panamark
06-09-2005, 06:26 AM

I love reading posts by Hagar fans like this. We dont have to prove
anything. Records sales and credibility will ensure the world will always
know who the real Van Halen was.

We have to appreciate and learn, that many people can only relate
to the simpleton lyrics and songwriting style of Hagar. Its like
shooting fish in a barrell even debating with these guys. Too easy.
They come here to try and take down folks who can appreciate
artistic excellence. All the while wondering why they dont get it.

Its simple, very simple, as simple as Hagar.

The simpletons really need a good Van Hagar website to hang out
at.

DrMaddVibe
06-09-2005, 09:44 AM
Mark, either that or they change their sheep "stripes" like zeromember.

The fucker has changed his sig a dozen times and now proclaims Dave as THE man! Fucking sheep don't have the spine to go all the way to the wall with their choices! He'll blabber on about how he's always liked Van Halen, but he dug Van Hagar as much!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MUTHAFUCKIN' SIMPLETON SHEEP

zeronumber
06-09-2005, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Mark, either that or they change their sheep "stripes" like zeromember.

The fucker has changed his sig a dozen times and now proclaims Dave as THE man! Fucking sheep don't have the spine to go all the way to the wall with their choices! He'll blabber on about how he's always liked Van Halen, but he dug Van Hagar as much!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MUTHAFUCKIN' SIMPLETON SHEEP

Get a writer, and kiss my ass while you're at it.:moon:

DrMaddVibe
06-09-2005, 11:47 AM
Fuck you SHEEPFUCKER!

zeronumber
06-09-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Fuck you SHEEPFUCKER!

No, how about, fuck you?

You know, ever since I came to this site, people have just been jumping on my case, left and right about the whole Sammy Hagar thing, for little to no reason. I remember when I first joined, the main beef some members had here, was when I made the statement "I'm not going to flame Sammy Hagar", and all of a sudden, some people here went nuts.

Now look. I was born, well after Dave parted ways with Van Halen and Sam took his place. Growing up, I listened to Sam, and as I got older, I started listening to more and more of Dave's stuff more and more, and getting older, and more wise about music, I learned to respect Van Halen as being more true to it's original Sound that made them special with Dave in the Line up. Now, I don't know the full story about Sam and Dave, and even if I did, I have no real reason to hate Sammy Hagar, he has done nothing to me personally, or done anything I saw was so Horriendous.

But I digress...ON to the subject of you, the assclown with mental issues. As I recalled, I said nothing or did anything personal towards you, in fact, the only person who made this situation personal, (and continues to make it personal) is you. This all started back with the Gene Simions vs. Mike Anthony, where I debated...yet when you got backed in a corner(because, let's face it, you didn't know enough to put up a good argument), you immedeitatly changed the subject, time after time, after time, practicing various forms of Ad Hominem because you didn't have a case to argue back with. All of a sudden I say listen to the work he did post DLR VH era's, and you strike down whatever I had to say because I admited to being a fan of Van Hagar.
Than when I proved that you were making a subjective oppinion, and didn't know what you were talking about, you switch the subject again saying "The proof is in the sales" which didn't have to do with anything.
Than like a soar loser, you follow me around everywhere, crying like a little bitch saying "Get lost, Dave or grave muther fucker *sniff*...*sob*...I hate you, and I want a bottle" shit again and again.

You basically, refuse to let this shit die, and insist that I should get lost. And really, let's look at that for a second, just who exactly are you to tell me what to do? Are you the webmaster? no. Are you a mod? no. Hell, you're not even a donor to the site. At least I can understand why some of the other members of this site is angry with me, because if I was funding a website, and somebody comes along wasting space and bandwith on something I paid for, I'd be angry too...But I don't even listen to them, or the mods for that matter. And all of a sudden, you think I'm going to listen to you? Please... I got one thing though...You are one egotistical mofo to think you can get me to do something...lol.

And look...Even those who fought with me since I joined, at least moved on with their lives. Nick, Rick, and Matt don't even bother with me anymore, Scott posts a few pics, but he let the personal vendetta die out, even Warf and rustoffa learned to tolerated my van hagar loving ass...AND THESE ARE MODS AND DONORS...
How sad is that? You're niether, and you take this more personal.

But you know what seperates them from you vibe? is that they can actually respect somebody elses opinion. Granted, they don't agree with it, but they see where I'm coming from. I see the anti-hagar side, but die hard fans who feel betrayed with sam in the lineup, hell If I was around when dave was in the band till the point he got kicked out, I'd feel the same way about Sam as some of the rest of the peeps here, but I can't. And I can see personal preference, some like dave more, and don't like any of sam's stuff...that's fine, everybodies intitled to their own opinion. Do you see me tracking you down everywhere you go stating "stupid Kiss loving faggot!!!"?, no. So why do you feel compelled to do the same? Does a person you don't know, and doesn't affect your life, who talks to you on a message board matter that much in your life? If it does, that's sad.

So, do yourself a favor, why don't you just calm the fuck down, Relax, and get on with your life, and reassure yourself with the notion that if the worst thing that you came across in your life was a person on a message board you didn't like...than your life was pretty sweet.

DrMaddVibe
06-09-2005, 12:44 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

SHEEPFUCKER!