PDA

View Full Version : 2 Dems criticize Dean for bashing Republicans

Warham
06-06-2005, 03:30 PM
2 Dems criticize Dean for bashing Republicans

June 6, 2005

Democrats Joseph Biden and John Edwards say party chairman Howard Dean's rhetorical attacks on Republicans have gone too far.

Dean "doesn't speak for me with that kind of rhetoric and I don't think he speaks for the majority of Democrats," Biden, the top Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said Sunday on ABC's "This Week."

While discussing working Americans standing in long lines to vote, Dean said Thursday, "Republicans, I guess, can do that because a lot of them have never made an honest living in their lives."

Edwards, a former senator and the Democrats' vice presidential nominee in 2004, said Saturday at a fund-raising dinner in Nashville that Dean "is not the spokesman for the party." Dean is "a voice. I don't agree with it."

Dean said later that his comments didn't refer to hard-working people, but to a failure of Republican leaders to address working-class concerns.

By the Associated Press

Guitar Shark
06-06-2005, 03:31 PM
I heard about Edwards' comments from another thread, but didn't know Biden was critical as well. Interesting.

Warham
06-06-2005, 03:41 PM
This comment here was not aimed at Republican leadership, but at the average Republican joe...

"Republicans, I guess, can do that because a lot of them have never made an honest living in their lives."

He's got alot of nerve, since he was born into a wealthy family.

'The son of a stockbroker and art appraiser, Howard Brush Dean III was born November 17, 1948. He split his childhood between his family's residences on Park Avenue on New York's Upper East Side and in the Hamptons, a favorite stomping ground for New York's elite on southeastern Long Island.'

Sounds like he's been downtrodden in his life, doesn't it?

FORD
06-06-2005, 03:54 PM
Dupe thread. And fuck Joe Biden in the ass with a chainsaw.

Please confine the Dean bashing to this thread. (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&forumid=16&threadid=22380)