PDA

View Full Version : ARod youngest to 400...

POJO_Risin
06-09-2005, 01:29 AM
Well...he's the youngest to ever reach 400...and the first to do it while still in his 20's...

let's say he plays 6 more years...and averages 40 a year...

that's still only fucking 640...damn...it really puts Hanks record into perspective...that's a lot of fucking dingers.

A-Rod becomes youngest player to reach milestoneAssociated Press

MILWAUKEE -- Alex Rodriguez of the New York Yankees became the youngest player to reach 400 homers when he hit his second of the game against the Milwaukee Brewers on Wednesday night.

Youngest players to reach 400 homers in the major leagues
Alex Rodriguex (active) 29 years, 316 days
Ken Griffey Jr. (active) 30 years, 141 days
Jimmie Foxx 30 years, 248 days
Mickey Mantle 30 years, 325 days
Eddie Matthews 31 years, 185 days
Frank Robinson 32 years, 9 days

Rodriguez's two-run shot off left-hander Chris Capuano in the first inning gave him 399, and his solo shot off left-hander Jorge De La Rosa in the eighth made him just the 40th player in major-league history to hit 400 homers.

Rodriguez is 29 years, 316 days old. Ken Griffey Jr. hit his 400th homer at 30 years and 141 days.

It's funny...three guys on that list stand out as guys people talked about breaking the record by Aaron...

ARod, Griffey Jr. and Mantle...

2 had injury issues destroy that thought...will Arod avoid injury issues?

Bob_R
06-09-2005, 10:37 AM
As long as he stays away form the injury bug and plays on a good hitting team he has as a legtimate shot as anyone.

Va Beach VH Fan
06-09-2005, 03:49 PM
Don't much give a shit about the bad press he gets, any knowledgable baseball fan has to give the guy his props, he's a great player, plain and simple....

POJO_Risin
06-09-2005, 08:47 PM
Great Player is an understatement...

it's funny...While Griffey was doing essentially the same stuff...

Junior got way more press...believe it or not...

Again...it's early...but ARod has to be stacked with the greats of all time...that can all change in an instant (see Griffey)...

but at SS and 3B...this guy wasn't coasting...

He's one of the few that probably transcends the roids...and it's showing this year with his leading the league in dingers...

my guess is without the others roiding up...he'd have been at or near the top every year for the past 4 or 5...

monkeythe
06-09-2005, 11:35 PM
I don't understand why the guy gets bad press. He always plays hard, isn't a roid freak, is a team player (never complained about move to 3B), and saved a kids life this season. I believe that the only reason for his bad press is because of jealousy.

Redballjets88
06-09-2005, 11:51 PM
he is the only player in the league i would not care to break ruth or aarons records...if/when barry does ill be pissed