PDA

View Full Version : Pink Floyd Reunited - Van Halen, next?

johnburrows
06-13-2005, 03:04 PM
Pink Floyd to reunite for London Live 8 concert
Mon, 13 Jun 2005

Psychedelic 1970s rock group Pink Floyd will reunite to perform at the upcoming Live 8 concert in London, organizers said Sunday.

"Like most people I want to do everything I can to persuade the G-8 leaders to make huge commitments to the relief of poverty and increased aid to the third world," guitarist David Gilmour said in a statement on the group's official website.

"It's crazy that America gives such a paltry percentage of its GNP to the starving nations," he said.

The last time bass player Roger Waters joined Gilmour, drummer Nick Mason and keyboard player Richard Wright on stage was in 1981.

Founded in 1965, original members of the influential band include Waters, Wright, Mason and frontman Syd Barrett, who was replaced by Gilmour when he started to suffer mental health problems.

The band found international fame with its 1973 album Dark Side of the Moon, considered one of the defining albums of the decade, but split in the early 1980s when Waters left the group. The bassist sued the other three members for continuing to perform and record as Pink Floyd until the 1990s.

"Any squabbles Roger and the band have had in the past are so petty in this context. And if reforming for this concert will help focus attention, then it's got to be worthwhile," Gilmour said.

Pink Floyd will join previously announced acts such as Paul McCartney, Elton John, U2, Madonna and organizers Bob Geldof and Midge Ure at the London event in Hyde Park on July 2. Live 8 concerts will also take place in Philadelphia, Berlin, Paris and Rome.

The original Live Aid was also the scene of several rock reunions: the massive London-Philadelphia benefit concert in 1985 saw the reunions of Black Sabbath, the Who and Led Zeppelin (with Phil Collins sitting in for late drummer John Bonham).

Nickdfresh
06-13-2005, 03:09 PM
This is already posted in the MUSIC FORUM idiot, which would be the correct forum since this is not exactly VAN HALEN related. And fuck-off BOBGNOTE!

Nickdfresh
06-13-2005, 03:18 PM
BTW, this as a bullshit alias that likes to impersonate celeberties for SAN JOSE...

He goes by the name BOBGNOTE and likes to produce insane, rambling posts...

Nickdfresh
06-13-2005, 03:18 PM
BTW, this as a bullshit alias that likes to impersonate celeberties from SAN JOSE...

He goes by the name BOBGNOTE and likes to produce insane, rambling posts...

This is supposed to be DAVID LEE ROTH.;)

FORD
06-13-2005, 03:22 PM
He also posts racist, anti-semitic shit under the name "Michael Anthony". The anti-semitic shit pretty much cancels out the Burrows alias claims of being DLR.

Just another attention whore lunatic.

johnburrows
06-13-2005, 03:58 PM
No, I am not an alias of any sort. I don't know who is behind the user names BobGNote or Michael Anthony, etc. Not me, said I. The real michael anthony does make "off color" comments about everyone and everything, he's not an anti-semite, just a pain in the ass.

Nickdfresh
06-13-2005, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by johnburrows
No, I am not an alias of any sort. I don't know who is behind the user names BobGNote or Michael Anthony, etc. Not me, said I. The real michael anthony does make "off color" comments about everyone and everything, he's not an anti-semite, just a pain in the ass.

Oh no idiot..."I'm not an attention whore-troll...I just fucking wait 'til no Mods are around, and post a completely unrelated article, that's been out for two days now, and is posted more than once in the Music Forum."

Puh-leeze!:rolleyes: