PDA

View Full Version : SAMMY HAGAR Pummels World Renowned Architect

kwf
06-14-2005, 07:17 PM
by way of Brave Words

SAMMY HAGAR Pummels World Renowned Architect [Rock Hard - 05.06.14 14:55:18]

The Riverfront Times (www.riverfronttimes.com) has issued the following report:

St. Louis is rockin'!

SAMMY HAGAR announced in front of 18,000+ fans during his St. Louis concert (on June 7th) that he would open a Cabo Wabo Cantina in Spring 2007 in St. Louis' new $290 million Bottle District.

Bottle District press release, May 15, 2005

The new master plan for the historic Bottle District, by renowned architect Daniel Libeskind, builds on the city's great history, and looks to dynamic growth and expansion with new residences, entertainment venues and commercial development.

Bottle District press release May 20, 2005

Days after pausing his sold-out show at the UMB Bank Pavilion to announce plans to open one of his Cabo Wabo Cantinas in St. Louis' downtown Bottle District, rock musician Sammy Hagar was arrested and charged with one count of aggravated battery for allegedly seeking out and pummeling famed architect Daniel Libeskind.

Libeskind, perhaps best known for his proposal to redevelop the World Trade Center site post-9/11, had recently been retained by Bottle District redevelopers to create a master plan for the projected entertainment hub, located just north of St. Louis' Edward Jones Dome.

The imbroglio took place in New York City on May 22. According to a police incident report, several witnesses said Hagar set upon Libeskind after spotting the cherubic design icon, who was clad in his trademark black ensemble, exiting a Fifth Avenue fashion boutique carrying a large shopping bag and a small dog.

At one point, witnesses said, the 57-year-old Hagar, also known as the Red Rocker, ground the architect's face into the pavement and yelled, "I ain't gonna be upstaged by no 90-pound technogeek in designer frames, motherfucker!"

The ambush appeared to have been premeditated.

Police arrived to find Hagar fending off a counterattack by Libeskind's Jack Russell terrier, "Sly." The singer was booked at a neighborhood precinct and released on his own recognizance after refusing medical attention and a tetanus shot, according to the incident report.

Libeskind, whose injuries did not require hospitalization, was unavailable for comment.

One witness to the melée said Hagar was merely defending his honor.

"It's like being bitch-slapped by 'Dieter, Host of Sprockets,'" lamented Hagar fan Jeremy Raan, citing the poor timing of the Bottle District's Libeskind announcement. "I don't see how you dismiss the world's greatest rock star for a fey dweeb."

Singer-guitarist Hagar, a former boxer who rose to prominence in the early 1970s with the hard-rock band MONTROSE, had a solo hit with ‘Your Love Is Driving Me Crazy’, which ascended to No. 13 on Billboard's pop music chart in 1983. In 1985 he joined the rock group VAN HALEN,

replacing lead vocalist DAVID LEE ROTH.

More recently Hagar began marketing tequila under the brand Cabo Wabo. Hagar may be concerned that Libeskind's hand will overshadow the nuanced flair of his Mexican-themed bar chain, the most distinguishing architectural feature of which is a phallic ersatz lighthouse.

Even as his musical career has faded, Hagar has continued to enjoy a rabid following in St. Louis.

The same cannot be said of Libeskind. Sources say that before the architect assented to the Bottle District consulting role, he requested to have St. Louis pointed out to him in a road atlas.

Big Fat Sammy
06-14-2005, 07:24 PM
I like this part....

"Police arrived to find Hagar fending off a counterattack by Libeskind's Jack Russell terrier, "Sly."

:D

BenJammin
06-14-2005, 09:29 PM
'Pummelled' ? Good thing he didn't sit on him or else he'd be tried for manslaughter, the fat fuck (or aggravated ASS-sault....lol, I crack me up).

BTW, I'm still trying to figure out if that article is legit. Call me dumb.

academic punk
06-14-2005, 09:32 PM
18,000 fans??? Can we get some verification on how Smarmy could possibly have anything close to resembling this number at one of his solo gigs when he doesn't even have anything new worth mentioning????

Terry
06-14-2005, 09:51 PM
No shit! I mean, there are a lot of idiots out there, but Hagar being able to dupe 18,000 to see him solo nowadays is kinda beyond belief.

Tiger Roth
06-14-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
18,000 fans??? Can we get some verification on how Smarmy could possibly have anything close to resembling this number at one of his solo gigs when he doesn't even have anything new worth mentioning????
I reckon thats your first clue to this article being bullshit.

Panamark
06-15-2005, 12:55 AM
Maybe it was 18.000 electrical fans to blow off the perpetual fat man
sweat ??

Nitro Express
06-15-2005, 02:07 AM
I think the dude bitch slapped Hagar because Sammy couldn't accept that the dude found another gay lover and the relationship was over.

fryingdutchman
06-15-2005, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by kwf
by way of Brave Words

Even as his musical career has faded, Hagar has continued to enjoy a rabid following in St. Louis.

OK....adding St. Louis to the list of places I never want to visit. :D

thome
06-15-2005, 10:00 AM
whats w spam bieng a boxer if i take a kung fu lesson
can i put NINJA on my buzi cards

academic punk
06-15-2005, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
sweat ??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Now THAT'S funny!

LoungeMachine
06-15-2005, 10:44 AM
Where was Art Vandalay during all this?????

Hardrock69
06-15-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
sweat ??

LMFAO!!!
:D

bueno bob
06-15-2005, 12:10 PM
BWBK is usually 100% accurate when they report something - USUALLY...I can think of maybe 3 times in the last couple of years when they ran with a story that wasn't entirely accurate.

My guess? The story is probably legit, but the 18,000 figure is probably off - more like than not, they got that number from Sam's PR office...

madraoul
06-15-2005, 10:43 PM
...yet another reason to be proud of being from St. Louis. Hell, I'm beginning to envy the fuckers in West Virginia!

RuzDNailz
06-16-2005, 01:04 AM
18,000 fans, eh? Well, maybe it is true if you count the flies, roaches, ants, and spiders! *LOL*

Cathedral
06-16-2005, 02:21 AM
LMMFAO, Spammy had to fend off a Jack Russell?

I got 3 of those little fucks living next door and they would make very nice footballs for the perpetual extra point.
That dog would come at me once, then it would be gone....over there somewhere.

That Spam, boy is he ever a pussified sack of dingleberries...........

Thorman
06-20-2005, 01:04 AM
Just got word that the story is BS....too bad

ace diamond
06-20-2005, 03:56 PM
too fucking funny.

hope it be true

bueno bob
06-20-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Thorman
Just got word that the story is BS....too bad

That's too bad - one of the very few times Brave Words has dropped the ball on something.

freak
06-20-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by madraoul
...yet another reason to be proud of being from St. Louis. Hell, I'm beginning to envy the fuckers in West Virginia!

Don't be so quick to envy.
All we've got to hang our hats on are Don Knotts and Peter Marshall.

evans5150
07-12-2005, 12:12 PM
yep...good ole Don Knotts