PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Think Ruined Music More MTV or Clear Channel?

Unchainme
06-15-2005, 08:02 PM
Just Curious about everyones opinion on this personalli I Blame MTV, God Does that network suck. No Music on Music Televison very ironic,

Terry
06-15-2005, 10:17 PM
MTV was pretty cool when it first came out.

Nowadays it's a joke.

Music videos make me wonder about groups and artists who became famous after MTV came out, and if half of them would have been as popular if they had to make it strictly on the aural aspect of their music, without the advantage of playing off a stylistic image. I mean, does anyone think Madonna would have sold as many records if she wasn't able to promote them by shaking her tits in a music video?

FasterPussycat
06-15-2005, 10:28 PM
M fuking TV hands down!!

thome
06-15-2005, 10:35 PM

Nowadays it's a joke.

Music videos make me wonder about groups and artists who became famous after MTV came out, and if half of them would have been as popular if they had to make it strictly on the aural aspect of their music, without the advantage of playing off a stylistic image. I mean, does anyone think Madonna would have sold as many records if she wasn't able to promote them by shaking her tits in a music video?

I agree .........those some fine titties uh huh

thome
06-15-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Terry

Nowadays it's a joke.

did'nt mean to steal your words meant to do this

FORD
06-16-2005, 12:31 AM
Definitely Fear Channel.

They not only control radio, but concert promotion as well. Which means now you have to pay $100 to see even the shitty bands (which is all you hear on the radio)

Unchainme
06-16-2005, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Definitely Fear Channel.

They not only control radio, but concert promotion as well. Which means now you have to pay $100 to see even the shitty bands (which is all you hear on the radio)

yup $150 for Van Hagar my god what a crime.

Jérôme Frenchise
06-16-2005, 01:00 AM
What's that? Hawaiian noises??
:D

Shaun Ponsonby
06-16-2005, 06:27 AM
MTV

superdave
06-16-2005, 06:41 AM
MTV--they are now the sista station to BET

Panamark
06-16-2005, 07:42 AM
Music needs to move underground again.
Way out of sight of these fuckers, then burst out when they
have no control over it !!!

Soul Reaper
06-16-2005, 01:11 PM
MTV is not the sole reason for sucky ass music, but it contributed a lot.

SweetSecrets
06-16-2005, 06:21 PM
I hate MTV, but this may be a completely ignorant question ....

What is the Clear Channel?

Have I been hidden in my college textbooks too long?

Unchainme
06-16-2005, 06:22 PM
MTV in my opinion used to be the network that would auctaully USED to listen to its viewers. I mean they had the perfect mix of Pop, Hip-Hop, R&B, Metal, and Alternative. I mean they had Three Hours devoted to Heavy Metal every Saturday night for god's sake. And It wasn't just one type of Metal either only the current version of the show on MTV2 that just shows Guys sounding like there throwing up while there singing. I mean they had bands like poison followed by bands like pantera and metallica. I mean the sad thing when you look at (I believe There Calling This this) Generation Y it just looks so Superficial (Good I'm sounding like a hippie.) I mean constantly when I turn on the radio it just seems like all they have all really bad Rappers and these No Talent Manufactured Pop Stars like this idiot Jesse McCartney just no talent nothing memorable nothing that stands out. and Then you have Nu Metal bands on the Modern Rock stations that just mostly sing about killing themselves (Thanks Kurt Cobain For ruining a generation of Rock And Roll.) or how they hate Bush (God That BYOB song sucks.). I mean when I listen to rock I want to party and chill out not be a delivered a political message. (Sorry Ford I'm not bashing the Democrats just saying I don't want to hear Political Messages In Rock FROM EITHER SIDES!), Theres my Rant for the day. Hope you enjoyed it.

blueturk
06-16-2005, 07:14 PM
Clear Channel beyond a doubt. They are the reason why we are subjected to the same fucking songs over and over. "Free Bird" anyone?

Big Fat Sammy
06-16-2005, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by SweetSecrets
I hate MTV, but this may be a completely ignorant question ....

What is the Clear Channel?

Have I been hidden in my college textbooks too long?

Its a corporation...THE BIG ONE

There are like 6 companies that own EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD (unless its a mom and pops store)

They own all the radio, venues, TV, record labels etc....

One of many problems with this is if such and such doesn't play the Verizon Wireless theater (which CC owns) for $100 per ticket, $7 beer, etc...then they wont get played on the radio, or have any records released etc....Because CC has it all locked down.

They are why modern rockstars are more like your average fucknugget.

Big Fat Sammy
06-16-2005, 07:36 PM
Oh yeah, CC will eventually own MTV as well, if it doesn't already.

rustoffa
06-16-2005, 08:41 PM
The Rorsach test better known as Starship's "Knee Deep In The Hoopla".

Corporate groundwork I tell ya.

Big Fat Sammy
06-16-2005, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
The Rorsach test better known as Starship's "Knee Deep In The Hoopla".

Corporate groundwork I tell ya.

That could be very true!

Speaking of tests, try this one....

http://www.liquidgeneration.com/sabotage/inkblot_sabotage.asp

rustoffa
06-16-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy
That could be very true!

Speaking of tests, try this one....

http://www.liquidgeneration.com/sabotage/inkblot_sabotage.asp

:D

Spelling...gotta hate it.

DrMaddVibe
06-16-2005, 09:20 PM
MTV...no question.

They're a mere shadow of their former self.

Remember when they'd bring in an artist and have an interview spliced up and intermingled with the bands videos and videos the artist thought were cool?

I'd love to see someone throw Carson Daly through the window and into the street...right into the path of a moving bus!

Tom Vu
06-17-2005, 03:49 AM
Its a corporation...THE BIG ONE

There are like 6 companies that own EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD (unless its a mom and pops store)

They own all the radio, venues, TV, record labels etc....

This is already predictings in the Bible. A new world order is going to taken over and for those not safe, they will have a mark with a upc code do to all their shopping. The world will be a cashless society. Take a look around. We are in end times or the last days.

My advice is eventhough it's a selling market, hold on to the assets, for the market prices will only go up. Listen to me and you can make a lot of money!

Oh You Ate One Too = OU812 (Get it? I think it's funny.)

Shaun Ponsonby
06-17-2005, 09:06 AM
Fuck off, Vu

FORD
06-17-2005, 12:25 PM
Oh yeah, CC will eventually own MTV as well, if it doesn't already.

MTV is owned by Viacom, which is about the only competition Fear Channel has left in the radio business.

If Fear Channel buys Viacom, we are completely fucked. Because, besides the obvious monopoly implications, Clear Channel was a company literally founded with Bush Criminal Empire money, which makes it the closest thing to state run media this country has ever seen.

Vinnie Velvet
06-17-2005, 01:06 PM
Definitely MTV.

Maybe what MTV needs is a new video from DLR to 'shake things up' again, like he and CVH did in '84.

MTV is just shit nowadays (Nick and Jessica anyone?)

Soul Reaper
06-17-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Tom Vu
Oh You Ate One Too = OU812 (Get it? I think it's funny.)

Maybe that's Spammy's idea of a joke. In other words, not funny.

Intentional album name

Unchainme
06-17-2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by FORD
MTV is owned by Viacom, which is about the only competition Fear Channel has left in the radio business.

If Fear Channel buys Viacom, we are completely fucked. Because, besides the obvious monopoly implications, Clear Channel was a company literally founded with Bush Criminal Empire money, which makes it the closest thing to state run media this country has ever seen.

Ya Guys still got NBC, ABC, PBS, CNN,MSNBC and local Fox Affiliates don't you. Relax It'll never happen Democrats will always have control of all other media other than FOX News and Syndicated talk show hosts. You guys got it made notice if someone like Howard Dean says something stupid, the media will easily cover it up. But if bush says something its all over the news for like a month Front page. I'm just saying thats what i have noticed in the media (I'm in the middle BTW.)

Hardrock69
06-17-2005, 04:18 PM
I voted eMty-V because they have been around for 25 fucking years, and definitely ruined music.

Thing is, they WERE cool to begin with, but slowly declined until by the end of the 80s they sucked ass.

The current kings of musical ruination are CCC for sure.

They control such a large segment of the music industry economy, that anyone outside their loop does not stand a chance of a) getting airplay, b) playing live at shows promoted by them, or c) ever hearing music that is not on their consultant's playlists.

Jano
06-18-2005, 03:44 AM
I think that money did it,most of the band now play for the money even if they don't like their own song!The music industrie have so much power they make you change your music'style to play something cheesier but most lucrative!

Coyote
06-21-2005, 01:40 AM
I say MTV. Coming up with a competent definition of "cool" isn't the task of a single channel... (I hate those god damn reality shows, btw.)

Rebel
06-21-2005, 11:44 PM
I voted for CC. I really don't care what, or who, or lack of, music vids are, or aren't shown on MTV.

But without radio airplay, alot of new, great bands, don't get the shot. I hate CC, it's the same damn, sucky bands over and over, and they control such a large portion of the market. If you don't play their game, you don't play at all.