X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Look at this stat line...

2005 Chicago Cubs G-68 AB-255 R-54 H-100 2B-24 3B-0 HR-19 RBI-59 TB-181 BB-37 SO-49 SB-10 CS-2 OBP-.472 SLG-.710 AVG-.392

I don't have to tell you who this is, but this stat line is godly at this point in the season. They should just give him the MVP award now and spare the suspense.
  • Brett
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I am going to assume Derrek Lee.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

He hit number 20 tonight...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

The stat line is especially huge when considering Lee's slow months are generally April and May...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Brett
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Let's see, .387, 20 homers. 60 RBI's. Yep that will get it done.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Playing Devil's advocate to Mr. Lee though...

counting Lee...there have been 4 players since Yaz to lead the league in RBI's, Average and Homers...the triple crown categories...

1968...Frank Howard...batting .343...with 19 homers and 40 ribbies...

1988...Bobby Bonilla...batting .342...with 13 homers and 43 ribbies (hard to believe that 13 was leading the league)...

1995...Matt Williams...batting .391...with 13 dingers and 35 ribbies...

all three tailed off a lot in one or all of the categories...I could post the info...but don't feel like it...lmfao...

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

He'll cool off in the second half........

Comment

• Warham
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

He will?

Comment

• Warham
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Derrek's hit two more home runs today...

He's 3 for 3 today with 3 runs scored and 3 RBI.

.396 22 HR 64 RBI this season.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

His hottest month has consistently been June...I think his tapering off will take place in August and September...but not a whole lot...

If he stays healthy...he'll continue to hit...but what he CAN'T do...is carry that team the whole year...someone else has to step up...Aramis is doing a good job...but they need another bat...

perhaps Nomar...if he quits getting injured after the wind blows...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

...and when it's all said and done...the fucking Cubs lose a game they were winning 6-4 in the 7th...8-7...he can't do it alone...

Comment

• Redballjets88
                        Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

wouldnt it be crazy if the end of the roid era was brought on the back of lee grtting a triple crown and breaking .400 ba.
                        R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• Brett
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                          Derrek's hit two more home runs today...

He's 3 for 3 today with 3 runs scored and 3 RBI.

.396 22 HR 64 RBI this season.
                          Sick.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

He had 34 dingers last year...and I don't think 100 rbi's...

I know if I were playing the Cubs...the other manager...

I'd be fucking checking his bat every time he stepped up to the plate...to get into his head...

Comment

• Warham
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

He hit about .278 last year. In fact his career average is about .270 or right abouts. Amazing year, he's had. Career high of 98 RBI up to this year. That'll be shattered.

Comment

Working...