PDA

View Full Version : Corgan wants to reunite Smashing Pumpkins

Fairwrning
06-21-2005, 05:53 PM
06-21-2005 5:23 PM

CHICAGO -- On the same day Billy Corgan released his first solo album, he revealed that he wants to reunite his band, The Smashing Pumpkins.

"For a year now I have walked around with a secret, a secret I chose to keep," Corgan wrote in a full-page advertisement published Tuesday in Chicago newspapers.

"But now I want you to be among the first to know that I have made plans to renew and revive The Smashing Pumpkins. I want my band back, and my songs, and my dreams," he wrote.

The Smashing Pumpkins, a leader in the early 1990s alternative rock revolution, broke up in 2000 after winning two Grammys and selling millions of albums during 13 strife-ridden years. Corgan's subsequent project, Zwan, dissolved after only one album.

Corgan, who lives in the Chicago area, did not reveal any details of a Pumpkins revival, including a possible timeline or what form a lineup might take.

Band members included drummer Jimmy Chamberlin, guitarist James Iha and bassist D'Arcy Wretzky, who left after the final album's recording and was replaced by former Hole bassist Melissa auf der Maur on the subsequent tour.

Corgan's solo debut, "TheFutureEmbrace," was released Tuesday. Drummer Chamberlin _ who also played in Zwan _ is featured on the album, which takes an electronic turn.

never was a big fan..im guessin his solo career hasn't panned out...

BrownSound1
06-21-2005, 05:54 PM
Billy Corgan and the Smashing Pumpkins fucking suck. If they never reunite it will be too soon.

Mezro
06-21-2005, 05:55 PM
Billy ran out of cash.

Mezro...the Pumpkins = a paycheck...

guwapo_rocker
06-21-2005, 06:14 PM
Corgan is a fucking ass!!

BrownSound1
06-21-2005, 11:34 PM
I always thought he looked like the Vampire from Salem's Lot whenever he shaved his head.

Corgan is one of the reasons why we have whiney fuck singers now. I hate the way rock bands sing (if you can call it that) these days. They either sound like whiney little shits or they have a variation of the "Cookie Monster" vocals. Gimme some fuckin' real singers for God's sake.

Bill Lumbergh
06-22-2005, 01:00 AM
My wife loves the fucking Pumpkins..........think I'm gonna go smash up her Pumpkins cd collection right now to celebrate the possible reunion..........

Panamark
06-22-2005, 02:39 AM
LOL @ BILL.. I hope she doesnt love you mate ! You might have to
smash yourself !!

I only ever liked one Pumpkin's songs, "Rat in a cage". The rest
was whiney depressing crap.. "Lets all play E-minor, whine and be
depressed.." Im sure thats how they wrote 3/4 of their albums..

I must admit I liked Corgan for a short while when I heard
he pissed Sharon Osbourne off. (Their manager at the time)

Strange how he anounces "The Reunion" at the launch of a
solo album. Smacks of generating a buzz to flog his solo shit...

RuzDNailz
07-22-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by BrownSound1
I always thought he looked like the Vampire from Salem's Lot whenever he shaved his head.

Corgan is one of the reasons why we have whiney fuck singers now. I hate the way rock bands sing (if you can call it that) these days. They either sound like whiney little shits or they have a variation of the "Cookie Monster" vocals. Gimme some fuckin' real singers for God's sake.

Heck, we can do it ourselves. Just plug your nose and wail out a
'yeaaah' as whiny as you can. That makes up a majority of the bands
we have today. AS for the Cookie Monster vocals, those guys always wind up spitting out blood after every show! Ladies and gentlemen that's how we give ourselves throat cancer.

RuzDNailz
07-22-2005, 09:49 PM
Listen,

Smashing Pumpkins were so 90's anyway. Yeah, they had their moment in the sun and that's why they broke up in the first place.
I've always liked their heavier songs but there were too many ballads
that made things soggy.

Do you know what Zwan was? Think of it as a girl to fuck around with
after a long-term relationship break-up. It was a rebound band if anything else. Billy, you need something fresh and these spin-off
bands just don't cut it. Those old alternative rock bands had thier
moments in the 90's but now we are living in the age of 'yeaaah!'.

StarJammer
07-22-2005, 10:27 PM
"Corgan wants to reunite Smashing Pumpkins"

'Bout Damn Time!!!:mad:

academic punk
07-22-2005, 10:38 PM
Never understood the appeal or cared for the Pumpkins. I liked "Muzzle" somewhat.

He was a huge fan of Roth-era VH, though. That at least is one thing he got right. He once did a joint interview with Ed in Guitar World, and declared his love for Fair Warning.

BrownSound1
07-23-2005, 01:48 AM
That interview made me sick...too much dick sucking going on.

Matt White
07-23-2005, 03:16 AM
GISH rocked. They got progressively "Pussified" with every follow up.

Golden AWe
07-23-2005, 07:44 AM
I feel Corgan's a good songwriter...but his singing doesn't do it for me.

twonabomber
07-23-2005, 08:32 AM
if i had a cuntry band i'd name it the Smashed Bumpkins.

superdave
07-23-2005, 11:56 AM
Their time in the sun is over, reuniting them is pointless

Rikk
07-23-2005, 12:05 PM
I like the Pumpkins. But frankly, I'd get maybe 1000 times more excited if SOUNDGARDEN got back together.

superdave
07-23-2005, 12:12 PM
Agreed--Audioslave just does not do it for me

DrMaddVibe
07-23-2005, 03:58 PM
I echo most of the negative comments made about that whining fucking baldheaded chick.

Fuck the Smashing Pumpkins.

Terry
07-24-2005, 10:10 PM
Pumpkins were ok, I suppose.

Don't remember a hug outcry when they split up, so am not sure why Corgan thinks he needed to announce to world that he wants to put the group back together.

scottydabodi
07-24-2005, 10:14 PM
Billy Corgan is a fucking HACK. He should shut his fucking mouth and dissappear into oblivion.