X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shaun Ponsonby
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Oct 2004

BRIAN MAY speaks of Queen + Paul Rodgers' USA Tour

Launch Radio Networks reports: The QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS tour that was expected to hit North America later this summer or in early fall has now been officially bumped into next year. QUEEN guitarist Brian May confirmed what Launch reported last week — that the Western Hemisphere will get a few key shows in 2005, but the bulk of the road work on this continent will be in the early part of 2006. "The current plan is to come and do Aruba, which is a long story — don't even ask! (laughs) — and, and then to do New York and L.A. and make a little noise, and then hit Japan, where we have an offer to do some fairly big stuff, and then get back to the States to do the main stuff in the spring," May said.

QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS have a couple of shows left in Europe in early July. They've already announced shows in Aruba on October 8 and Tokyo, Japan, on October 26.

A live album called "Queen + Paul Rodgers Rock Live" will come out September 13. The first single will be "Fat Bottomed Girls" and "Reaching Out"/"Tie Your Mother Down".

If you would like to know how they are sounding, Planet Rock Radio will be broadcasting all day from Hyde Park on July 8. I have also posted some stuff in the Bootleg Corner.
    Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?
  • Vinnie Velvet
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I was actually surprised on how well Rodgers sounds singing Queen songs.

And Roger seems to have not lost his touch on the skins either.
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Oct 2004

I saw them in May, you'll be in for a real treat.

They chose the songs very well. Its not all songs from the Greatest Hits, they threw in songs like '39 as well.
      Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Cool.

I heard they also threw in Another One Bites the Dust which wasn't in the set list when they started the tour.

Too bad there not digging in deeper on such stuff as Now I'm Here, Let Me Entertain You, or One Vision.
        =V V=
        ole No.1 The finest
        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Oct 2004

I would have thought that Now I'm Here would be perfect for Paul's voice.
          Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

As long as they do a serious tour of the U.S. I will be happy, even if we have to wait a bit.

I got the three shows I posted in the bootleg forum here now. I guess I ought tolisten tot hem, eh?

Comment

Working...