Health care in Iraq worse now than under Saddam!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kentuckyklira
    Veteran
    • Sep 2004

Health care in Iraq worse now than under Saddam!

The US goons (oops that´s "forces") and their Iraqi accomplices can´t even take care of the few Iraqi doctors that haven´t moved somewhere else!

Way to go!

Way to "liberate" a country!
    http://images.zeit.de/gesellschaft/z...ie-540x304.jpg
  • DrMaddVibe
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Where's the pictures nazi?
    http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• BigBadBrian
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

No link...no story

Close it up, FORD

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
        No link...no story

Close it up, FORD

I concur
        Originally posted by Kristy
        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
        Originally posted by cadaverdog
        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• kentuckyklira
          Veteran
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
          Where's the pictures nazi?
          Shall I watch the news on German TV with a video camera on my lap from now on?

Just for your convenience!

No, I think not!

Comment

• kentuckyklira
            Veteran
            • Sep 2004

No link...no story

Close it up, FORD

The news on German TV!

You´re free to prove me wrong!

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Iraq health care 'in deep crisis'
              Iraq's health system is in a far worse condition than before the war, a British medical charity says.

Doctors from the group Medact conducted surveys with international aid groups and Iraqi health workers in September.

They exposed poor sanitation in many hospitals, shortages of drugs and qualified staff and huge gaps in services for mothers and children.

Medact, which monitors healthcare in post-conflict areas, called for an inquiry into the situation.

It has also challenged the British government to set up a commission to establish the level of civilian casualties in Iraq.

Damaged hospitals

"The war is a continuing public health disaster that was predictable - and should have been preventable," the group says.

"Excess deaths and injuries and high levels of illness are the direct and indirect results of ongoing conflict."

Groups like the medical charity Merlin and the UN aid organisation Unicef were among those whose staff provided information.

They paint a picture of a health service struggling to cope and, because of the continuing violence, a population often afraid to leave their homes to seek medical help.

Twelve percent of Iraq's hospitals were damaged during the war and the country's two main public health laboratories were also destroyed, the report says.

However, Iraq's deputy prime minister Barham Saleh told reporters in London that the health situation in Iraq was "not good" but it was improving not deteriorating.

He said "the level of devastation that Saddam Hussein has left us with was unimaginable" and added that health budgets were increasing.

UK foreign secretary Jack Straw pointed out that since the conflict 95% of children under five had been immunised, some 150 primary health care centres were planned and a string of hospitals in the south of the country had been renovated.

He said the great mistake the report made was blaming any problems with healthcare on the Iraqi government and health ministry rather than terrorists and insurgents.

"In those many areas of Iraq where there are no terrorists and no insurgents there is no problem whatsoever with the delivery of health care."

Medact accuses the UK and US governments and Iraqi authorities of denying "the true extent of harm" to Iraq's civilians.

It also says health relief and reconstruction efforts have been bungled through mismanagement and corruption.

Story from BBC NEWS:
              BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

What's the matter Ford...didn't like what I said so you deleted it?

What a puss!
                http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
                  What's the matter Ford...didn't like what I said so you deleted it?

What a puss!
                  I removed ALL of the idiotic thread-jacking, since I found the actual story.

Don't worry, you weren't the primary target
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

your post is crap, FORD....I tend to put more faith in this:

15 December 2003

Iraqi Healthcare At Pre-War Capabilities, December 15, 2003

(Bush discusses improvements with interim health minister)

President Bush met with the Iraqi Interim Minister of Health, Dr. Khudair Abbas, and six other Iraqi physicians at the White House December 15 to discuss improvements in Iraq's health services since the fall of the Ba'athist regime.

In remarks with Dr. Abbas and Iraqi Ambassador Rend al-Rahim after the meeting, Bush told reporters in Washington that the Iraqi doctors were anxious to work with American counterparts to enhance medical education and integrate advanced technologies into Iraqi healthcare.

"We are making progress together in improving the lives of your citizens with better health care; immunization rates are up; people are getting health care," Bush said.

The White House released a fact sheet December 15, regarding improvements in Iraqi healthcare. It states that with 240 hospitals and more than 1,200 primary health clinics in operation, the country has returned to its pre-war capabilities.

The fact sheet said the Iraqi Ministry of Health now has 100,000 healthcare professionals and staff throughout the country, and has received grants to immunize its 4.2 million children under the age of five against preventable diseases such as polio, tetanus, diphtheria, measles, and tuberculosis.

"I think the budget of Saddam Hussein's government for health was, like, $16 million -- less than a dollar per person," Bush said. According to the fact sheet, Iraq's 2004 budget for health care is $950 million.

Following is the text of the fact sheet about Iraq's new healthcare system:
                    (begin fact sheet)

THE WHITE HOUSE
                    Office of the Press Secretary
                    December 15, 2003

FACTS ABOUT THE NEW IRAQI HEALTHCARE SYSTEM

Dr. Khudair Abbas, the Iraqi Interim Minister of Health, and six other physicians from Iraq, met with President Bush today to discuss recent improvements in the Iraqi healthcare system. The doctors described to the President the dedicated efforts of Iraqi healthcare professionals, and the invaluable support the Iraqi medical system is receiving from the international community. Improvements in Iraq's health services include:

-- The entire country is at pre-war capabilities for providing health care -- 240 Iraqi hospitals and more than 1,200 primary health clinics are operating, offering basic healthcare services for the Iraqi people.

-- Doctors' salaries have increased to between $120 a month and $180 a month, in comparison to $20 a month before the war. There are roughly 22,000 physicians affiliated with the Ministry of Health, and about 35,000 nurses and nursing assistants.

-- The Ministry has 100,000 healthcare professionals and staff. More than 80 percent are women.

-- Iraq's 2004 budget for health care is $950 million. Saddam Hussein's regime provided only $16 million for the Ministry of Health in 2002, a 90 percent reduction from a decade earlier.

-- Health care for some ethnic groups was almost nonexistent under Saddam's regime. The Ministry of Health is working to ensure that health care is available to all Iraqis regardless of ethnicity, geographic origin, gender, or religious affiliation.

-- More than 30 million doses of children's vaccinations have been procured and distributed, and the Ministry has received grants to immunize the country's 4.2 million children under the age of five against preventable diseases such as polio, tetanus, diphtheria, measles, and tuberculosis.

-- Routine vaccinations are now available to newborns, children, and mothers every day at Ministry of Health facilities across the country and are promoted nationally through immunization days on the 22nd of each month.

-- Since May 24, the Ministry of Health has delivered more than 25,000 tons of pharmaceuticals and supplies to healthcare facilities across Iraq.

-- The Ministry is responsible for 29,000 hospital beds.

-- Since the liberation of Iraq, the country has not faced a major public health crisis.

-- Three Facility Protective Services classes have trained over 1,300 personnel to protect health facilities.

-- The Ministry of Health has completed a $1.7 million headquarters refurbishment project.

-- In addition to the United States, Japan, Egypt, Korea, Turkey, Spain, Italy, Saudi Arabia, and India are providing assistance to the Ministry of Health. This assistance includes training for doctors and nurses, construction of hospitals, and donation of ambulances.

Link
                    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• geraldcollier
                      Roth Army Recruit
                      • Sep 2004

hmm

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

your post is crap, FORD....I tend to put more faith in this:

Link
                        You put more faith in a 2003 press release from the White House than you do from a 2004 BBC story reporting on the findings of a British medical CHARITY???

Forgive me if I totally discount your opinions from this point forward BBB...
                        ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                        Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• ODShowtime
                          ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

BBB, your article is almost two years old, and then this:

The White House released a fact sheet December 15, regarding improvements in Iraqi healthcare.
                          yeah, real credible.
                          gnaw on it

Comment

• kentuckyklira
                            Veteran
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                            You put more faith in a 2003 press release from the White House than you do from a 2004 BBC story reporting on the findings of a British medical CHARITY???

It took you this long!!!!!!!!

:eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek:

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark

You mean you haven't been doing so like everybody else?

Comment

Working...