PDA

View Full Version : Dave videos streaming on Rhino.com

monkeythe
06-23-2005, 02:30 AM
I was checking out the Rhino website & saw they had a few Dave videos streaming on the site
http://www.rhino.com/retrovid/VideoKeeper.lasso?Artist=David%20Lee%20Roth&Partner=

Videos include: That's Life, Tell The Truth, Sensible Shoes, A Little Ain't Enough, Just A Gigolo, & Goin Crazy.

I was wondering about the That's Life video. There are several VH video clips (Panama, H.F.T., Pretty Woman) on it (though Ed, Alex, & Mike can't be seen). If anyone knows the story of how he was able to use these clips I'd appreciate it.

generalroth
06-23-2005, 08:54 AM
nice find my friend!..thanks for the memories......

franksters
06-23-2005, 09:14 AM
I think that Dave was always the art director for all the videos and marketing product for van halen so I guess he can use what ever he wants.. just like performing these cvh songs live.

Polk High
06-23-2005, 10:49 AM
Why are these videos not released on dvd? It still baffles me it seems every single artist out there has a DVD of their videos

Keeyth
06-23-2005, 07:25 PM
Thanks man, that was a cool link. Kinda like a trip down memory lane.;)

tydhurst
06-24-2005, 12:58 AM
a DVD would be swish, it'd be like a follow up to the David Lee Roth video.

"See you on the next cassette"

19 years now!

edvanheineken
06-24-2005, 10:05 AM
Unfortunately, it is a matter of marketability. I don't think it would sell much. Videos are hardly played on MTV or VH1 anymore. Even the video countdowns have faded. There is zero exposure for rockers of the past. I had to watch Dave's last video for Shoo Bop on the internet. Unless you have a top 20 hit, it just will not be shown. I especially like the Tell The Truth video. It has held up quite well.

Polk High
06-27-2005, 09:35 AM
well i mean theres dvd's for almost every single artist out there except for roth. He must have enough popularity for a company to make some money off of his videos.

Does anyone know which songs he has videos for anyway.

bigc
06-27-2005, 01:56 PM
Crazy From The Heat:

California Girls
Just a Gigolo/I Aint Got Nobody

Eat 'Em And Smile:

Yankee Rose
Goin' Crazy
Thats Life

Skyscraper:

Just Like Paradise
Stand Up

A Little Aint Enough:

A Lil' Aint Enough
Tell the Truth
Sensible Shoes

Your Filthy Little Mouth:

She's My Machine
Nightlife

DLR Band

???

Diamond Dave

Shoo Bop

LOS35
06-28-2005, 03:45 AM
Unfortunately, it is a matter of marketability. I don't think it would sell much. Videos are hardly played on MTV or VH1 anymore. Even the video countdowns have faded. There is zero exposure for rockers of the past. I had to watch Dave's last video for Shoo Bop on the internet. Unless you have a top 20 hit, it just will not be shown. I especially like the Tell The Truth video. It has held up quite well.

You have to watch VH-1 classic. They show videos from 70's to the 90's. The also have a show Metal Mania & Rock Fest where you can catch some cvh at times!

Big Troubles
06-29-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by bigc
Crazy From The Heat:

California Girls
Just a Gigolo/I Aint Got Nobody

Eat 'Em And Smile:

Yankee Rose
Goin' Crazy
Thats Life

Skyscraper:

Just Like Paradise
Stand Up

A Little Aint Enough:

A Lil' Aint Enough
Tell the Truth
Sensible Shoes

Your Filthy Little Mouth:

She's My Machine
Nightlife

DLR Band

???

Diamond Dave

Shoo Bop

from DLR Band Id make a video shoot of Slam Dunk, Weekend with The Babysitter and Tight. (possibly Goin' Places)