PDA

View Full Version : If Pink Floyd can do it...

Firebrand
06-23-2005, 06:22 PM
All y'all know about the Floyd reunion for the Live 8 concert...of all the bands on the earth (other than the Beatles) I never, ever, ever would have thought that band would have reunited for ANYTHING. You talk about animosity...I mean, this was about as close to hate as it could get.

But you know what? Sometimes the moon and stars and planets align together in just the right way to make things happen...and lo and behold, now, in less than a month, Pink Floyd tears down the wall once again.

If it could happen to Pink Floyd, it could damn sure happen to Van Halen.

POJO_Risin
06-23-2005, 06:27 PM
It HAS happened for Van Halen with Roth...in 1996...in 2000...and rumors or fact...that they've met since then...

I'm not a Floyd fan...so I'm not sure of the logistics with Roger Waters and the rest...

but I firmly believe that not only do Eddie and Dave hate each other (that may be to strong a word...I don't think Ed gets Dave...and I think Dave GETS spED better than spED understands himself)...but they are mired down with legal shit...

in other words...neither one of them...or at least spED...wants to give up ground on WHO'S band it is...when they are together...

Will it EVER happen?

I don't think so...not publically anyways...

hollywood5150
06-23-2005, 06:37 PM
VH as of late............(since 1999) has been one hell of a soap opera

what those fuckers need is to finally come clean...........

what are they doing................

make new album............

who is singing?.........

answer questions that fans have...........it seems everytime VH is not touring OR not working after an album/tour..........RUMORS always start up...........even after 5150.............it has always been like that...

until that happens...........who knows

canadiandlrgirl
06-23-2005, 06:44 PM
It's simple...Eddie and Al are pair of cunts:D

BenJammin
06-23-2005, 09:55 PM
-Pink Floyd
-Eagles
-Page & Plant
-The Who
-Judas Priest
-Black Sabbath (for at least one album)
-Journey wanted too but Perry slid out the back door cause he couldn't sing anymore, well at least like he used to

mentalpancake
06-23-2005, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by canadiandlrgirl
It's simple...Eddie and Al are pair of cunts:D
You got that right, canadiandlrgirl.

canadiandlrgirl
06-23-2005, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by mentalpancake
You got that right, canadiandlrgirl. :D

hot for david
06-23-2005, 11:26 PM
because , they don't want a reunion , in my opinion they think that they are better tahn dave , becuase after the split , they continue with they "carrers" , and becuase dave didn't do that, they think that he's not good enough for them , but they're are so wrong , ok they have talent , but dave have that special magic that makes that band works , i hete them i really hate them , why they have to do that to dave and to us , the fans...

Panamark
06-24-2005, 03:33 AM
Actually Im really pissed off about this. All along we have been able
to use Pink Floyd as another example of a great band, that due to
idiotic differences, would never reunite.

Guess its just Van Halen now.

POJO_Risin
06-24-2005, 03:37 AM
It shouldn't piss you off...just cement the truth...

It IS just Van Halen...

Panamark
06-24-2005, 03:56 AM
It does piss me off.

Van Hagar playing to half filled theatres.
Thats the final chapter ?

Fuck that .

Firebrand
06-24-2005, 03:23 PM
You're right....who's left to reunite?

Antman
06-24-2005, 09:00 PM
I'd love to see a Spinal Tap reunion one last time.

Panamark
06-25-2005, 03:49 AM
You can blame "The Simpsons" for the death of Spinal Tap ;)

DLRisGOD
07-03-2005, 12:46 AM
I must admit however, that seeing Pink Floyd reunited on stage today really gives me hope that the World's Greatest Rock Band will one day reunite...

I don't know when, where, or how, but it MUST happen!

light 'em up!
07-03-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
in other words...neither one of them...or at least spED...wants to give up ground on WHO'S band it is...when they are together...

Will it EVER happen?

I don't think so...not publically anyways...

I agree.

SloBurn
07-04-2005, 02:27 AM
I think Ed secretly knows that Spam is only average as a frontman and i think that's what he wants. To be the one everyone says about, "If not for that guy, that band would be shit" and hey, lets face it - if it wasn't for Eddie's guitar playing, few of us would have bought anything after Dave left.

It's all about ego.

Imagine you are a musical prodigy, like Ed. For so long now, people have been blowing smoke up his ass about how great and freakishly talented he is, so of course he's come to regard it as if he must have been chosen by god - therefore he must be "god-like".

And we all know what god does with those he feels are a threat, don't we? He casts them out.

VonHalen
07-14-2005, 06:16 PM
yes he does

fret_buzz_blues
07-15-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
It does piss me off.

Van Hagar playing to half filled theatres.
Thats the final chapter ?

Fuck that .
Same here, same here.

bobgnote
07-15-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Firebrand
All y'all know about the Floyd reunion for the Live 8 concert...of all the bands on the earth (other than the Beatles) I never, ever, ever would have thought that band would have reunited for ANYTHING. You talk about animosity...I mean, this was about as close to hate as it could get.

But you know what? Sometimes the moon and stars and planets align together in just the right way to make things happen...and lo and behold, now, in less than a month, Pink Floyd tears down the wall once again.

If it could happen to Pink Floyd, it could damn sure happen to Van Halen.

NO, dog, after all these Ed-the-Organist years, where DAVE did a hella monkey-boy and finked Ed so hard only the ignorant and WORSE fans couldn't figure out they were dupe, and Al Queda is getting the DEAD at LEEDS sound down cold, a pointless VH reunion for international airhead fans is unlikely to get funds. Get it straight, ED is a faker. Why is a world of birds cursing or jumping the unit's fastball to get heard, have NONE OF YOU (or only some) figured out that ED is a DUPE-USING FAKER, A FRAUD, A CHRONIC INSULT TO YOUR INCREDIBLY BAD COMMAND OF TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, in GA. or what?

1. Kids in the Hall did the great, gay sketch about the HELENS reunion, already.
2. Hulk and Randy split over this already, 1980s. Hulk goes 'Hollywood.' Wanna crackup? VINCENT HOGAN (like Van Gogh) does a WWE show tagteamed with Sean Michaels last week in July 2005, he mops up, that geekery about Proud to be an American comes on, a Rick Derringer-etc. dupe, and Michaels coldcock kicks old Hollywood to the canvas, he sleeps, Michaels looks like DLR in VH, 76, overlooking the sleeping giant CLOWN. Is this wasted on Georgia?
3. Go see Bill and Ted on Comedy reruns, and figure out the characters better than your DAWG did, last year. No money for Ludwig VAN? Then get yer DAWG to sing you a song, boy. Bill and Ted and Dave and Ed will NEVER steal those riffs and take you off, again. Don't make DIAMOND RIFFS BY THE DOGGIE BAG without Ludwig, NOT ED VH.
4. When you are smartened up enough for DUMB AND DUMBER see that. It is the ultimate good-bad joke, about DAVES, not just Roth. You'll never get it unless you grow up to be a dog who feeds birds and does an accounting or similar problem, until you can think, ya-all..
5. Are DAWGGIES smart enough to see where GA.TECH got their tune? Are you smart enough to see Eddie Murphy looks and acts like a John Salley-Fred McGriff crime DAWG? Who would you bust if you were SMART, like somebody we know? Got crime dog, UGA? See VH, chirp.

thome
07-15-2005, 03:47 PM
If you took all those words BOB g and rearanged them.They would
be like what? This or That ? Arithmatat.Mathamat.Yes?

bobgnote
07-20-2005, 07:07 PM
I don't know just HOW smart. Give me another clue.

Dave has to be a psychic detective, right? Tape, blonde hairs, do they come from Natalee, and did those brothers OR Jared have anything to do with getting tape on a victim's head?

Go see Bill and Ted, Pink and Floyd, Dave and Ed, same story, all Hulk and Randied, in the 80s. Diamonds are worth money, right thome?

tydhurst
07-20-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by bobgnote
I don't know just HOW smart. Give me another clue.

Dave has to be a psychic detective, right? Tape, blonde hairs, do they come from Natalee, and did those brothers OR Jared have anything to do with getting tape on a victim's head?

Go see Bill and Ted, Pink and Floyd, Dave and Ed, same story, all Hulk and Randied, in the 80s. Diamonds are worth money, right thome?

I AIN'T GOT NO HOW WHATCHAMACALLIT!!!!!!!!