SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I might Flamed For This But...

Discuss...

Anybody even like RADIOHEAD here?
  • Rikk
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

I fucking love RADIOHEAD. You know, my guitar player and I are always talking about how RADIOHEAD is basically the modern FLOYD. I consider O.K. COMPUTER the 90s equivalent of DARK SIDE...just a perfect album. I also really liked the last one, and AMNESIAC was also great. Basically, I love OK COMPUTER and on...also like some of the songs off THE BENDS. The only album they did that I'm not big on is the debut. But they are great. They're doing a new album now, so I can't wait to finally see them live when they tour.
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• sammysucks65
      Head Fluffer
      • May 2005

oh i though you said motorhead..radiohead i only know one of their songs..creep.....thats it

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Fags.

Comment

• Rikk
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
          Fags.
          Oh go put on your WHAM box set.
          Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• academic punk
            Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

I'm one of the vocal minorites who believe KID A is the best album they've ever done.

(Individual songs: Fake Plastic Trees, Lucky, Airbag, High and Dry, Optimistic, Knives Out)

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Actually 'depressed fags' is more accurate...

Comment

• Rikk
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by academic punk
                I'm one of the vocal minorites who believe KID A is the best album they've ever done.

(Individual songs: Fake Plastic Trees, Lucky, Airbag, High and Dry, Optimistic, Knives Out)
                Don't forget NATIONAL ANTHEM.

It is good, but for some reason, I prefer AMNESIAC...it has the better version of MORNING BELL, for one.
                Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Rikk
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  Actually 'depressed fags' is more accurate...
                  Oh, go fuck one of your stuffed rabbits.
                  Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Matt White
                    • Jun 2004

HAve had OK Computer for ages. Excellent cd.

Not a huge fan...but give 'em mad props for flyin' the rock flag in the face of the "boy band" bullshit of the late 90's. Very innovative Kats!

Comment

• Soul Reaper
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2005

Radiohead bore me. Never really liked them.

Anyone who has a problem with that (Rikk) can go listen to Village People CDs!

ROTH ARMY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RothArmyVideos

"May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face." - Frank Zappa to Tipper Gore

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                        I fucking love RADIOHEAD. You know, my guitar player and I are always talking about how RADIOHEAD is basically the modern FLOYD. I consider O.K. COMPUTER the 90s equivalent of DARK SIDE...just a perfect album. I also really liked the last one, and AMNESIAC was also great. Basically, I love OK COMPUTER and on...also like some of the songs off THE BENDS. The only album they did that I'm not big on is the debut. But they are great. They're doing a new album now, so I can't wait to finally see them live when they tour.
                        I just made a killer lossless, composite bootleg from (mostly) radio feeds.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                          HAve had OK Computer for ages. Excellent cd.

Not a huge fan...but give 'em mad props for flyin' the rock flag in the face of the "boy band" bullshit of the late 90's. Very innovative Kats!
                          I agree, but it seems the rap on RADIOHEAD is that they intentionally alienated newer fans after "OK COMPUTER" to avoid the dreaded "follow-up."

Still a great band though. They may not be quite of PINK FLOYD caliber, but they give them a run for the money and are better than 90% of the shit out there masquerading as rock.

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Oct 2004

I'm not sure how I feel about Radiohead, I like some songs, but hate others.

I wouldn't exactly say they were the new Pink Floyd...I would say that was Porcupine Tree. Sometimes, Steve Wilson sounds exactly like David Gilmour on guitar.

Get the latest 'Deadwing', thats great, or 2001s 'In Absentia', and listen to 'Blackest Eyes', thats a classic, or, also on 'In Absentia', 'Trains'.
                            Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• Rikk
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Soul Reaper
                              Radiohead bore me. Never really liked them.

Anyone who has a problem with that (Rikk) can go listen to Village People CDs!

Live short and don't prosper.
                              Roth Army Militia

Comment

Working...