X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave's PA Rental
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Van Halen: The Early Years DVD

I went to 5 different record stores before I could find a copy... Overall its worth it, any true fan should own it. On the other hand, if you are a true fan then alot of the stories that the "insiders" tell, you already know...

Even though there's no VH music on it (except for 3-4 second blurbs of live stuff) the background music was really cool, and had a VH flavor to it. Was it the Atomic Punks? I'll have to go back and check the credits again...

Thoughts?...
    Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"
  • PHOENIX
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

I ordered mine online. Its pretty cool for something unauthorized. Its funny to see what Mark Stone looks like and his original logo for the band.

Only negative thing i can say is the lack of Van Halen music.

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

can you imagine how much that thing would go for on Ebay? I nearly shat myself when he unfolded it...
      Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• PHOENIX
        Veteran
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Daves PA rental
        can you imagine how much that thing would go for on Ebay? I nearly shat myself when he unfolded it...
        It was pretty cool. He's gotta be the #1 fan to still have that thing.

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

someone sent me a copy of The Early Years, but i haven't had a chance to watch it yet.
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Put that DVD in Twona, it's worth it...

Yeah, most of the stories are known through the VH fanatic community, but I really enjoyed stories told when they were a backyard party band, and how their reputation as a great band started during that time....

Mike's bandmate from Snake was funny as hell also, he didn't hold anything back...

Best quote was from Mark Stone, "I knew they were destined for greatness"....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• David Lee Rocks
              Sniper
              • Jan 2004

I searched best buy and circuit city but neither had it, I finally went to tower records and they had two copies, i got mine, its pretty good, my only complaint is its not long enough,

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Can you imagine the vibe that went on at those parties? People knew that 10 minutes after VH went on stage, the cops would come to break it up. Just simply the coolest...ever

Comment

• GAR
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2004

Saw one when I was ten..

Comment

• Elitest

got one off ebay but havent seen it yet its waiting for me when i go over next week...

Comment

• DLRSLAVE

Dave PA..Where did you finally locate the DVD I'm still lookin
                      checkd Best Buys, Circut City, Blockbuster :confused: guess I'll I go online w/Tower records

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I found it at the Virgin Megastore in Boston. They had 3-4 copies.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I'll need to go back and watch it again but there was a guy on there that below his name it said "Van Halen Museum" WTF.... id there sucha place and where is it?
                          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

LOL, that was some lameass shit Zahzoo....

Dude whips out a couple of memorabilia items and all of a sudden it's the "Van Halen Museum".....
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2004

that museum appears to be in some dude's basement...

but it was cool. would've been better with VH music, but that's what make's in "unofficial"...

I'm not holding my breath waiting for Ed to approve a Behind the Music. (and I'm sure VH1 has asked plenty of times)
                              David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
                              — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

Working...