• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinnie Velvet
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Tom Cruise says He knows the history of Psychiatry

Tom Cruise: Let the cynics talk
    NEW YORK (AP) — Let the cynics talk. Tom Cruise is in love — and he just can't restrain himself.

"You know what? There's always cynics. There always has been. There always will be," said Cruise, who hasn't been shy about displaying his affection for Batman Begins actress Katie Holmes. "I have never worried ... about what other people think and what other people say."

Cruise, 42, and Holmes, 26, went public with their romance in April, smooching and posing for photographers in Rome. They recently became engaged.

Many have doubted the romance — the words "publicity stunt" have rained down on the couple like an alien invasion as Cruise has been busy promoting his new film, War of the Worlds, directed by Steven Spielberg, which opens on June 29.

"I have to tell you. It's just a great time in my life," Cruise said in an interview that aired Friday on NBC's Today show. "I'm really happy. And, you know, I'm engaged. I'm going to be married. I can't restrain myself. It's like you've got two little cords on your mouth and you can't stop smiling."

The 42-year-old actor, whose marriages to Mimi Rogers and Nicole Kidman ended in divorce, declined to say what the 26-year-old Holmes has brought to his life that wasn't there in the past.

"I don't want to compare things," Cruise said. "It's that thing where you just — in life when it just happens. ... You meet someone. And it's — I can't even describe it."

When asked if he could be with someone at this stage in his life who doesn't have an interest in the Church of Scientology — Holmes has said she's embracing the religion — Cruise told interviewer Matt Lauer: "Scientology is something that you don't understand. It's like you could be a Christian and be a Scientologist.

"It is a religion. Because it's dealing with the spirit. You as a spiritual being. It gives you tools you can use to apply to your life."

When Lauer mentioned Cruise's earlier criticism of Brooke Shields for taking anti-depressants, Cruise told the Today show co-host he didn't know what he was talking about.

"You don't know the history of psychiatry. I do," Cruise said.

The interview became more heated when Lauer, who said he knew people who had been helped by the attention-deficit disorder drug Ritalin, asked Cruise about the effects of the drug.

"Matt, Matt, you don't even — you're glib," Cruise responded. "You don't even know what Ritalin is. If you start talking about chemical imbalance, you have to evaluate and read the research papers on how they came up with these theories, Matt, OK. That's what I've done."

----------------------------------------------

What a fucking dickhead.
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE
  • Bill Lumbergh
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Fuck Cruise and his self important bullshit. I have next to no interest in WOTW BECAUSE Cruise is in it.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

I'll be honest here...if ANYONE fucking acted the way this idiot is acting...they'd be hauled away for drug abuse...

he's on fucking crack...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Mezro
        Full Member Status

• May 2004

They opened a huge Church of Scientology in the North Beach section of the city.

Mezro...I should go in and ask for Tomkat...I will wear my Risky Business underwear and gyrate while chanting L Ron Hubbard...
        Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• academic punk
          Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
          I'll be honest here...if ANYONE fucking acted the way this idiot is acting...they'd be hauled away for drug abuse...

he's on fucking crack...
          I second this.

Is it me, or it only recently that Cruise has become REALLY annoying?

Comment

• Mezro
            Full Member Status

• May 2004

Between dipping Holmes and spouting shit Tom is cruising towards the end of his salad days.

Mezro...the public will turn on this shit monkey if he doesn't stop dry humping the Scientology tire swing...
            Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• Northern Girl
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Re: Tom Cruise says He knows the history of Psychiatry

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
              When Lauer mentioned Cruise's earlier criticism of Brooke Shields for taking anti-depressants
              I'm not one for pushing drugs either, but did you see any interviews with Brooke Shields about her postpartum depression. Holy shit! Scary. She seriously wanted her baby to die and was afraid she might just not feed it and let it die. There is a time when drugs are necessary, and this was definitely one of them. One of the most extreme cases I've ever heard.

As for Tom, yes, he has become quite the pompous self-righteous asshole these days. I think he found a little chickie he can control, and she's too googlie-eyed to know better. "He just the most amazing, perfect man." GAK!
              Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Well...I sure wouldn't kick her out of bed...can't stand her fucking smile though...crooked ass ugly mouth of hers...

"Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

I'm not one to preach drugs for kids...I hate them to be honest...but you see it all the time in my profession...

does it help some kids? Sure it does...absolutely it does...AND THERE IS SCIENTIFIC proof that they work.

Of course there are other ways to do it...of course there are...

but let me ask you all this? Why is it easy for Oprah and Cruise and all the others to stay fit...and to eat healthy...and to take care of themselves? Money...plain and simple...

diet and other things can cure the types of disorders that keep kids from focusing...absolutely...but tell me how a middle of the road parent can afford the health counseling that would be needed to do it? and no...it sure the fuck wouldn't be convered under your health insurance...

Tom Cruise is a fucking idiot...plain and simple...

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin

he's on fucking crack...
                    I totally agree.

Him and his fucking cult, science fiction so-called religion.

He even tried to convert Scarlett Johannson!! She was slated for the female lead role in Mission Impossible III.

Cruise started to talk about his Scientology BS and then (without her knowing) opened a door which revealed a group of Scientologists. At which time, Scarlett said "fuck this" and took off.

Her "official" word for dropping out of the role in Mission Impossible III was 'scheduling difficulties' between herself and Cruise.

Yeah, right.

Too bad Katie had only half a brain to not see through the BS.
                    =V V=
                    ole No.1 The finest
                    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Keeyth
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by academic punk
                      I second this.

Is it me, or it only recently that Cruise has become REALLY annoying?
                      Cruise recently fired his long time fiercely protective agent, and let his sister take over the position. I just read an article on how the old agent would have reined Cruis in and stopped him from making such a fool of himself, but sis is happy to let him be himself and shoot his mouth off about anything. Remember how you never used to hear the guy speak out on much of anything? Now you can't shut him up...
                      Knowing and believing are two very different things.

It is the difference between the knowledge we accrue... ...and the knowledge we apply.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Re: Tom Cruise says He knows the history of Psychiatry

#

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

I wonder if he's learned about Xenu or the clams yet
                          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• rustoffa
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

I wouldn't discount his enthusiasm if I was y'all.

Did you know that Travolta's personal jumbo jet is actually a stairway to the stars? Not like it lands in LA....I'm talkin' the fucking Van Allen Belt!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

How dare you heretics question the wisdom and enlightenment achieved through commune with technology? L. RON HUBBARD will fart lightening bolts out of his dead ass at you all!

Comment

Working...