Hey Spamsters, do you still like those three new Songs ??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Hey Spamsters, do you still like those three new Songs ??

We have come to the overhwhelming conclusion that the three
    new VH tunes on BOBW are utter crap. The worst music VH has
    ever released. Now I can understand in the hagar euphoria that
    you would have accepted anything, and said it was the best...

Now that the dust has settled and its obvious that 2004 was the
    Van Hagar swansong, do you still feel these 3 songs are great ??
    Or are you all pissed that Van Hagar went out on such a weak
    note ??

(Panamark wondering if anyone other than 3Lock, Thorman or
    Tom Vu will answer ?? :p )
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

I mean surely those tunes are dissapointing even to a die hard
    Van Hagar fan ?? Sammy said it took them five months to complete,
    and it felt like five albums worth of effort. Yet Dave knocked out
    MWM and CGTSNM almost overnight. Put em head to head...
    The Dave era wins outright, yet again..

Is there one honest hagar fan out there that will actually admit
    those songs are crap ???
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Tom Vu
      Banned
      • Oct 2004

Honesty opinion

Hi Mr. Moderator Panamark. I know that you ask for me not too answer but in all fairly, I must offer my wisdom of insightful. The three new songs didn't sucks. They were "average" in compare to the high standards of Van Halen fans. When you are use to getting top of notch rock music with Sammy era VH, those songs weren't classics like the previous ones they put on the recordings. To say the new songs sucks is just idiot statement.

If anything, the songs seems like somewhat forced and not wroted with a natural chemistry. Maybe the chemistry vibes were not too good. Because the fans can tell if you be the fake. Whatever personal problems the four guys in VH have, that is their business.

But to use these not bad but not exactly up to Sammy era VH highest standard is not a reflecting of Eddie's genius musicianships and Sammy's songwritings. And oh yeah. Speak of the Sammy's songwriting. I have a secret. A secret that you may not know about. It's about a hit song Sammy wrote before VH. I know, you all want me to tell you this secret right now. But nothing this good should be tell to the DLRArmy in this thread. I will tell you this big wonderful secret in a new thread.

Comment

• Panamark
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Well at least Tom Vu admits they were crap. (I think ??) :p
        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• canadiandlrgirl
          Full Member Status

• May 2005

Re: Honesty opinion

Originally posted by Tom Vu
          Hi Mr. Moderator Panamark. I know that you ask for me not too answer but in all fairly, I must offer my wisdom of insightful. The three new songs didn't sucks. They were "average" in compare to the high standards of Van Halen fans. When you are use to getting top of notch rock music with Sammy era VH, those songs weren't classics like the previous ones they put on the recordings. To say the new songs sucks is just idiot statement.

If anything, the songs seems like somewhat forced and not wroted with a natural chemistry. Maybe the chemistry vibes were not too good. Because the fans can tell if you be the fake. Whatever personal problems the four guys in VH have, that is their business.

But to use these not bad but not exactly up to Sammy era VH highest standard is not a reflecting of Eddie's genius musicianships and Sammy's songwritings. And oh yeah. Speak of the Sammy's songwriting. I have a secret. A secret that you may not know about. It's about a hit song Sammy wrote before VH. I know, you all want me to tell you this secret right now. But nothing this good should be tell to the DLRArmy in this thread. I will tell you this big wonderful secret in a new thread.
          they do so suck...

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Even in terms of Van Hagar's own diminished standards, those three 2004 tracks were crap.

Ed always had a bitch about how Ted 'made' him sound back in the CVH days, but ever since 1985, Van Halen records just SOUND worse with each release.

If those three tracks took 5 months to create, that's some pretty sad shit. Sounds more like 5 minutes with a dusted-off Fostex 4 track and Sambo making the words up on the spot.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• KramerPacer
              Full On Cocktard
              • Jun 2005

C'mon guys, how much TUNNEL VISION exists on this board?????

Yes, those 3 songs SUCK. So does 80% of Dave's solo career!

I'm NOT a Spamster!!! But shouldn't Dave take some heat for WISHING he was Prince on Skyscraper (should've been called ASSWIPER).....and running Billy Sheehan out of the band? He had the most uncontrollable MOTHERFUCKER of a band on the planet, but he decided he, too, wanted to do something BIGGER, and he LOST THE PLOT.

Fact is....ADMIT IT......we all heard "Me Wise Magic".....and it totally pissed on everything Dave has done since 1986....it totally pissed on everything Ed has done since 1986.......it's what those 4 guys do when they are together.

Or, no, maybe this post is correct. Ed and Sam write three lame tunes and they suck, but let's all REVEL in big band arrangements of "Ice Cream Man." IT'S SO MUCH MORE LIKE CLASSIC VH!!!! Yeah, right.

Dave with sycophants is almost as intolerable as Ed w/sycophants.
              Last edited by KramerPacer; 06-25-2005, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Who the fuck are you?

Comment

• canadiandlrgirl
                  Full Member Status

• May 2005

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                  Who the fuck are you?
                  my thaughts excactly

Comment

• superdave
                    Sniper
                    • Apr 2004

Do Tom Vu's posts even make any sense?

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Tom Vu

What the fuck, Vu??

Even you, through your dental floss blindfold, MUST be able to see that those three songs suck donkey cock.

Stop trying to redeem the unredeemable. Those songs were an affront to everyone who has ever called themselves a Van Halen fan, whether it be Dave, Sammy, or (God help us) even Gary in front.

Trying to justify those songs is like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.
                      Originally posted by perilouspete
                      fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• KramerPacer
                        Full On Cocktard
                        • Jun 2005

I think what "Tom Vu" meant to say was...

The new VH songs DON'T completely suck, but even if the DO, I can show you how to buy REAL ESTATE and HOMES w/NO MONEY DOWN!

If you pay me the $300 for the Training Books, please.

Those songs suck. But god, all those guys have smoked us for good $$$ for the better part of 20 yrs!!

Comment

• tydhurst
                          Commando
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by KramerPacer
                          I think what "Tom Vu" meant to say was...

The new VH songs DON'T completely suck, but even if the DO, I can show you how to buy REAL ESTATE and HOMES w/NO MONEY DOWN!

If you pay me the $300 for the Training Books, please.

Those songs suck. But god, all those guys have smoked us for good $$$ for the better part of 20 yrs!!

you forgot "I am Millionaire!"
                          Don't need a gun to blow your mind!

http://tydhurst.proboards30.com

Join my forum.

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Me Wise Magic walked all over what Van Hagar did, CGTSNM even more so.

Not quite so sure about those tunes being 'better' than what Dave had been doing since 1984, though. Not so much tunnel vision as it is the way I'm hearing it.

Will tell you that while Diamond Dave wasn't my fave Roth solo moment, Thug Pop alone walks all over Up For Breakfast and those other two abominations. If that qualifies me as a Rothtard in someone's book, fuck 'em. Just calling it like I see it.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Panamark
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by KramerPacer
                              C'mon guys, how much TUNNEL VISION exists on this board?????

Yes, those 3 songs SUCK. So does 80% of Dave's solo career!

I'm NOT a Spamster!!! But shouldn't Dave take some heat for WISHING he was Prince on Skyscraper (should've been called ASSWIPER).....and running Billy Sheehan out of the band? He had the most uncontrollable MOTHERFUCKER of a band on the planet, but he decided he, too, wanted to do something BIGGER, and he LOST THE PLOT.

Fact is....ADMIT IT......we all heard "Me Wise Magic".....and it totally pissed on everything Dave has done since 1986....it totally pissed on everything Ed has done since 1986.......it's what those 4 guys do when they are together.

Or, no, maybe this post is correct. Ed and Sam write three lame tunes and they suck, but let's all REVEL in big band arrangements of "Ice Cream Man." IT'S SO MUCH MORE LIKE CLASSIC VH!!!! Yeah, right.

Dave with sycophants is almost as intolerable as Ed w/sycophants.
                              One word destroys your argument. DLRBand
                              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

Working...