PDA

View Full Version : Hey Spamsters, do you still like those three new Songs ??

Panamark
06-25-2005, 04:23 AM
We have come to the overhwhelming conclusion that the three
new VH tunes on BOBW are utter crap. The worst music VH has
ever released. Now I can understand in the hagar euphoria that
you would have accepted anything, and said it was the best...

Now that the dust has settled and its obvious that 2004 was the
Van Hagar swansong, do you still feel these 3 songs are great ??
Or are you all pissed that Van Hagar went out on such a weak
note ??

(Panamark wondering if anyone other than 3Lock, Thorman or
Tom Vu will answer ?? :p )

Panamark
06-25-2005, 04:27 AM
I mean surely those tunes are dissapointing even to a die hard
Van Hagar fan ?? Sammy said it took them five months to complete,
and it felt like five albums worth of effort. Yet Dave knocked out
MWM and CGTSNM almost overnight. Put em head to head...
The Dave era wins outright, yet again..

Is there one honest hagar fan out there that will actually admit
those songs are crap ???

Tom Vu
06-25-2005, 04:49 AM
Hi Mr. Moderator Panamark. I know that you ask for me not too answer but in all fairly, I must offer my wisdom of insightful. The three new songs didn't sucks. They were "average" in compare to the high standards of Van Halen fans. When you are use to getting top of notch rock music with Sammy era VH, those songs weren't classics like the previous ones they put on the recordings. To say the new songs sucks is just idiot statement.

If anything, the songs seems like somewhat forced and not wroted with a natural chemistry. Maybe the chemistry vibes were not too good. Because the fans can tell if you be the fake. Whatever personal problems the four guys in VH have, that is their business.

But to use these not bad but not exactly up to Sammy era VH highest standard is not a reflecting of Eddie's genius musicianships and Sammy's songwritings. And oh yeah. Speak of the Sammy's songwriting. I have a secret. A secret that you may not know about. It's about a hit song Sammy wrote before VH. I know, you all want me to tell you this secret right now. But nothing this good should be tell to the DLRArmy in this thread. I will tell you this big wonderful secret in a new thread.:D

Panamark
06-25-2005, 06:42 AM
Well at least Tom Vu admits they were crap. (I think ??) :p

canadiandlrgirl
06-25-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Tom Vu
Hi Mr. Moderator Panamark. I know that you ask for me not too answer but in all fairly, I must offer my wisdom of insightful. The three new songs didn't sucks. They were "average" in compare to the high standards of Van Halen fans. When you are use to getting top of notch rock music with Sammy era VH, those songs weren't classics like the previous ones they put on the recordings. To say the new songs sucks is just idiot statement.

If anything, the songs seems like somewhat forced and not wroted with a natural chemistry. Maybe the chemistry vibes were not too good. Because the fans can tell if you be the fake. Whatever personal problems the four guys in VH have, that is their business.

But to use these not bad but not exactly up to Sammy era VH highest standard is not a reflecting of Eddie's genius musicianships and Sammy's songwritings. And oh yeah. Speak of the Sammy's songwriting. I have a secret. A secret that you may not know about. It's about a hit song Sammy wrote before VH. I know, you all want me to tell you this secret right now. But nothing this good should be tell to the DLRArmy in this thread. I will tell you this big wonderful secret in a new thread.:D

they do so suck...:rolleyes:

Terry
06-25-2005, 08:16 PM
Even in terms of Van Hagar's own diminished standards, those three 2004 tracks were crap.

Ed always had a bitch about how Ted 'made' him sound back in the CVH days, but ever since 1985, Van Halen records just SOUND worse with each release.

If those three tracks took 5 months to create, that's some pretty sad shit. Sounds more like 5 minutes with a dusted-off Fostex 4 track and Sambo making the words up on the spot.

KramerPacer
06-25-2005, 08:45 PM
C'mon guys, how much TUNNEL VISION exists on this board?????

Yes, those 3 songs SUCK. So does 80% of Dave's solo career!

I'm NOT a Spamster!!! But shouldn't Dave take some heat for WISHING he was Prince on Skyscraper (should've been called ASSWIPER).....and running Billy Sheehan out of the band? He had the most uncontrollable MOTHERFUCKER of a band on the planet, but he decided he, too, wanted to do something BIGGER, and he LOST THE PLOT.

Fact is....ADMIT IT......we all heard "Me Wise Magic".....and it totally pissed on everything Dave has done since 1986....it totally pissed on everything Ed has done since 1986.......it's what those 4 guys do when they are together.

Or, no, maybe this post is correct. Ed and Sam write three lame tunes and they suck, but let's all REVEL in big band arrangements of "Ice Cream Man." IT'S SO MUCH MORE LIKE CLASSIC VH!!!! Yeah, right.

Dave with sycophants is almost as intolerable as Ed w/sycophants.

guwapo_rocker
06-25-2005, 09:02 PM
Who the fuck are you?

canadiandlrgirl
06-25-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
Who the fuck are you?
my thaughts excactly:rolleyes:

superdave
06-25-2005, 09:13 PM
Do Tom Vu's posts even make any sense?

fryingdutchman
06-25-2005, 09:20 PM

What the fuck, Vu??

Even you, through your dental floss blindfold, MUST be able to see that those three songs suck donkey cock.

Stop trying to redeem the unredeemable. Those songs were an affront to everyone who has ever called themselves a Van Halen fan, whether it be Dave, Sammy, or (God help us) even Gary in front.

Trying to justify those songs is like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

KramerPacer
06-25-2005, 09:37 PM
I think what "Tom Vu" meant to say was...

The new VH songs DON'T completely suck, but even if the DO, I can show you how to buy REAL ESTATE and HOMES w/NO MONEY DOWN!

If you pay me the $300 for the Training Books, please.

Those songs suck. But god, all those guys have smoked us for good $$$ for the better part of 20 yrs!!

tydhurst
06-25-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by KramerPacer
I think what "Tom Vu" meant to say was...

The new VH songs DON'T completely suck, but even if the DO, I can show you how to buy REAL ESTATE and HOMES w/NO MONEY DOWN!

If you pay me the $300 for the Training Books, please.

Those songs suck. But god, all those guys have smoked us for good $$$ for the better part of 20 yrs!!

you forgot "I am Millionaire!"

Terry
06-25-2005, 10:25 PM
Me Wise Magic walked all over what Van Hagar did, CGTSNM even more so.

Not quite so sure about those tunes being 'better' than what Dave had been doing since 1984, though. Not so much tunnel vision as it is the way I'm hearing it.

Will tell you that while Diamond Dave wasn't my fave Roth solo moment, Thug Pop alone walks all over Up For Breakfast and those other two abominations. If that qualifies me as a Rothtard in someone's book, fuck 'em. Just calling it like I see it.

Panamark
06-25-2005, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by KramerPacer
C'mon guys, how much TUNNEL VISION exists on this board?????

Yes, those 3 songs SUCK. So does 80% of Dave's solo career!

I'm NOT a Spamster!!! But shouldn't Dave take some heat for WISHING he was Prince on Skyscraper (should've been called ASSWIPER).....and running Billy Sheehan out of the band? He had the most uncontrollable MOTHERFUCKER of a band on the planet, but he decided he, too, wanted to do something BIGGER, and he LOST THE PLOT.

Fact is....ADMIT IT......we all heard "Me Wise Magic".....and it totally pissed on everything Dave has done since 1986....it totally pissed on everything Ed has done since 1986.......it's what those 4 guys do when they are together.

Or, no, maybe this post is correct. Ed and Sam write three lame tunes and they suck, but let's all REVEL in big band arrangements of "Ice Cream Man." IT'S SO MUCH MORE LIKE CLASSIC VH!!!! Yeah, right.

Dave with sycophants is almost as intolerable as Ed w/sycophants.

One word destroys your argument. DLRBand

Dave's PA Rental
06-25-2005, 10:58 PM
"Hey Spamsters, do you still like those three new Songs ??"

Hey Panamark, I think the more important question should be: was Brett able to get his money back for the extra servers he got for the Links?...

thome
06-25-2005, 11:05 PM
i enjoy Solo Dave Over any Van Hagar any day

SoldMySoul4RnR
06-26-2005, 01:15 AM
Man, DLRBand and EEAS simply shovel shit all over the entire Hagar catalogue.

Tom Vu
06-26-2005, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Well at least Tom Vu admits they were crap. (I think ??) :p
Look suckers! Those 3 songs do not sucks and I'm am not a "spamster." I'm actuallity a VH fan of all eras, period. Get's it? Got it? Good.

Okay, Let's us be objection in talking about these songs. The 1st one is "It is about time."

It Is About Time:

Hey suckers! This song was not writed to be a hit! It was a song for the fans of Van Halen and the band was saying "thank you" and they have been neglected the fans too long. The song was saying that the band was back and in force. So, this song wasn't a "hits" because it is not meaning to be. Get's it? Got it? Good.

Up For Breakfast:

This song is actuallity funny. It has the double entendre (If ypu guys evens know what it's meaning.) If you understand the joke behind the words, it is very funny. The biggest faults to this song is that it is unoriginal because they try to do "Poundcake" again. And we all know that "Poundcake" is a VH classic. So this song does not suck because most people don't gets the inside joke. By the way guys. THIS SONG IS NOT LITERALLY ABOUT BREAKFAST FOOD! Read between the lines and maybe you genius's might "Get it.":rolleyes:

Learning To See:

This is a deep song. Maybe too deep for you anti-anything Sam VH guys. The lyricals contents just flying over your head. The song deals with trying yo find your faith in spirituallity and it's hard to find. Sometimes you have to change your perspection. This song is actuallity "too smart" for people who are just AVERAGE. Just like you!;)

Don't even bother to cussing me out. Because you have just been OWNED.

Oh You Ate One Too?!?

The score is Tom Vu: 515 DLRArmy: 0

Panamark
06-26-2005, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
"Hey Spamsters, do you still like those three new Songs ??"

Hey Panamark, I think the more important question should be: was Brett able to get his money back for the extra servers he got for the Links?...

Yeah !! Well what can I say ? I tried to warn him.. :p

Panamark
06-26-2005, 04:49 AM
Look suckers! Those 3 songs do not sucks and I'm am not a "spamster." I'm actuallity a VH fan of all eras, period. Get's it? Got it? Good.

Okay, Let's us be objection in talking about these songs. The 1st one is "It is about time."

It Is About Time:

Hey suckers! This song was not writed to be a hit! It was a song for the fans of Van Halen and the band was saying "thank you" and they have been neglected the fans too long. The song was saying that the band was back and in force. So, this song wasn't a "hits" because it is not meaning to be. Get's it? Got it? Good.

Up For Breakfast:

This song is actuallity funny. It has the double entendre (If ypu guys evens know what it's meaning.) If you understand the joke behind the words, it is very funny. The biggest faults to this song is that it is unoriginal because they try to do "Poundcake" again. And we all know that "Poundcake" is a VH classic. So this song does not suck because most people don't gets the inside joke. By the way guys. THIS SONG IS NOT LITERALLY ABOUT BREAKFAST FOOD! Read between the lines and maybe you genius's might "Get it.":rolleyes:

Learning To See:

This is a deep song. Maybe too deep for you anti-anything Sam VH guys. The lyricals contents just flying over your head. The song deals with trying yo find your faith in spirituallity and it's hard to find. Sometimes you have to change your perspection. This song is actuallity "too smart" for people who are just AVERAGE. Just like you!;)

Don't even bother to cussing me out. Because you have just been OWNED.

Oh You Ate One Too?!?

The score is Tom Vu: 515 DLRArmy: 0

So now you like those songs ???

Its about time wasnt meant to be a hit ??
So Van Hagar deliberately released sub par material
"for the fans"

Man, you crack me up..

Tom Vu
06-26-2005, 05:18 AM
So now you like those songs ???

Its about time wasnt meant to be a hit ??
So Van Hagar deliberately released sub par material
"for the fans"

Man, you crack me up..
Ahh! Quit throwing the words back to my face. You are frustrating to me. The songs are okay. They are not exactly my favorites but I don't hate them either.

They didn't release sub-par materials. "It is About Time" was just a way to thank you set to music

And before we get too much into this debate. WHO EVER SAY THESE SONGS WERE NO GOOD IN THE FIRST PLACE??? As far as I'm concern, THIS TOPIC IS OBSOLETE.

Oh You Ate One Too?!?

Panamark
06-26-2005, 07:08 AM
If thats the way they say thankyou, I would be offended to be a Hagar fan....

Heres a song for all our long suffering fans, thankyou, you really
deserve this !!

Its about Time starts playing..

Umm... Gee.... Wow !! Thanks guys, we feel so much better now that you have thanked us with this shit song..

DLR_EngineRoom
06-26-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by canadiandlrgirl
they do so suck...:rolleyes:

Atta goyl......you tell 'em! haha

I think Roth fans, myself included, would have a LOT more respect for Sammy Hagar today and since 1985 if he never - EVER - joined the remaining 3 members of Van Halen.

In the immortal words of Nerf Herder (to Sammy Hagar) -

"Dave lost his hairline, you lost your cool, buddy!"

KramerPacer
06-26-2005, 12:58 PM
Well, these are all interesting points to raise regarding "I like Dave's material better than Van Hagar."

Which wasn't what I was trying to get into.....

The point is, NEITHER camp has produced anything as good as the original VH. Again.....VH's 3 new songs definitely SUCKED.

And there's a LOT of filler on Dave's albums. LOTS. And some of it SUCKS. And he hasn't created music with a musician worthy of his collaborations since the Vai/Sheehan period.

Both sides should be banned from recording unless CVH is reunited. If everyone just stopped spending $$$ on their CDs, tours, videos, etc, we could probably STARVE them into it.

fryingdutchman
06-26-2005, 01:04 PM

They didn't release sub-par materials. "It is About Time" was just a way to thank you set to music

Much like Elaine's dancing on Seinfeld, those songs were a "full body dry heave set to music"...not a "thank you" by any stretch of the imagination.

Next time, a kindly worded press release will do. A big banner on the front page of their website to give Brad something to do. And maybe a headline for the VHND to finally usurp the "Mikey's New Hot Sauces" announcement.

Those songs were a waste of time and effort. Every one of them phoned it in for a quick cash grab.

scubaa
06-26-2005, 01:07 PM
Get real ..Van Halen is ....Sammy Hagar, EVH,AVH, and Michael Anthony.......DLR has put out crap post Skyscraper e mhhhhh..OH YA Thats right Billt, Steve and Greg left his sorry ass cause DLR wanted it all to be about him ..and ITS NOT....see ya in Sarnia

Caught some awesome shows check out Queensryche ..rocked !

It all about the music

Peace

Terry
06-26-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by scubaa
Get real ..Van Halen is ....Sammy Hagar, EVH,AVH, and Michael Anthony.......DLR has put out crap post Skyscraper e mhhhhh..OH YA Thats right Billt, Steve and Greg left his sorry ass cause DLR wanted it all to be about him ..and ITS NOT....see ya in Sarnia

Caught some awesome shows check out Queensryche ..rocked !

It all about the music

Peace

Useless fucker

Polk High
06-26-2005, 07:03 PM
Learn how to speak the english then get back to me. Take your Sammy BS and stand on it to try to raise the pedestal that you put yourself on a little higher.
I think you've had too much MSG in your lifetime...

Polk High
06-26-2005, 07:04 PM
Does anyone know what the secret is? I have to know.

Panamark
06-26-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Polk High
Does anyone know what the secret is? I have to know.

The "Secret" is that Spammy wrote that god awful "Ive done everything
for you" song that Rick Springfield had a minor hit with.

SoldMySoul4RnR
06-27-2005, 02:00 AM
Vu's so fuckin' hilarious, man.

Panamark
06-27-2005, 03:46 AM
Yes, Vu is the funniest of his aliases.
At least he is a polite Spamster ! :p

zeronumber
06-27-2005, 12:26 PM
We have come to the overhwhelming conclusion that the three
new VH tunes on BOBW are utter crap. The worst music VH has
ever released. Now I can understand in the hagar euphoria that
you would have accepted anything, and said it was the best...

Now that the dust has settled and its obvious that 2004 was the
Van Hagar swansong, do you still feel these 3 songs are great ??
Or are you all pissed that Van Hagar went out on such a weak
note ??

(Panamark wondering if anyone other than 3Lock, Thorman or
Tom Vu will answer ?? :p )

I wouldn't say they were utter crap, but at the same time, they were in no way the best of van hagar, and no way the worst music VH has ever released...(That title is still reserved for VH3)

"It's about time" was a pretty good tune, which was pretty good for Van hagar, and had a good VH feel to it.

"Up for Breakfast" it was alright...again...nothing great, but at the same time, wasn't hugely bad.

"Learning to see"...no, I'll admit, that song sucks. I hate it because it has too much of a nu-metal feel to it, which really has nothing to do with vh sound.

I don't think it was Van hagar on a low point to be remembered, but at the same time, I don't think any of these songs will equal up to the ledgendary "What if they were still together" rememberence, as say "Me wise magic" with david lee roth.

Panamark
06-28-2005, 04:36 AM
Fair comment !

Your last sentence is spot on. Its about time was horrible though.
Disagree with you there..

I also think it was Van Hagars lowest point, by miles.

Rikk
06-28-2005, 04:50 AM
I think those three songs were the worst "VAN HALEN" ever released except for some of the material on the unlistenable FOR UNLAWFUL CARNAL KNOWLEDGE. That album is as pleasant as listening to someone take a diarrhea shit.

I would even place VAN HALEN 3 above pretty much any of the Hagar material because at least Hagar isn't singing on it and there is more guitar playing than singing...not that it's a good fucking album or anything. But there are definitely VAN HAGAR songs that are much worse than anything on that disc. Cherone is still a fucking wanker, though. The whole episode was a joke.