PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen Machine Almost Ready To Roll!!

Rothman
03-07-2004, 03:29 PM
Apologies if this has already been posted, but I just found this on melodicrock.com......

VAN HALEN MACHINE ALMOST READY TO ROLL:
Los Angeles radio station KLOS-FM have been running a Van Halen teaser campaign all day, promising exclusive Van Halen news, also adding a teaser banner to their website: www.955klos.com/home.asp
The banner is pictured below.
Sadly the station hasn't made any announcment after teasing fans all day. Were they asked not to, or are they just dicking fans around? The next 24 hours should bring some answers.
The facts however, are clear. Sammy Hagar is back in the band - as I said in November last year when first contact was initiated and a plan for 2004 put in place.
There is a tour that is almost fully planned and booked that will take place over the coming American summer. Coinciding with the tour, of following it, will be Van Halen's Best of Volume 2, featuring new tracks with vocalist Sammy Hagar at the helm.
The exact release date is unknown, with various sources suggesting May, August and September. I was told September, but that could easily change, as I also confirmed recently the new tracks were due for completion at the end of February.
Various leaks from tour promoters and venues have been surfacing, with more this week.
It seems an official announcement is due the week of March 15. That's to be confirmed, but Monday March 15 is the hot date right now. It's suggested tickets could be on sale by the end of this month!
In further news surfacing today, industry magazine Hits has provided another tidbit of info. It was Hits that announced Irving Azoff would manage Van Halen back in November - the same time I announced Sammy's return.
Today the magazine added this to their website:
"MONSTERS OF ROCK In non-restructuring-related business, Warner Special Markets is said to have negotiated a deal with Van Halen for a new greatest-hits package featuring three new songs. A tour to support the album is also said to be in the works, reportedly to include Sammy Hagar. While still unconfirmed, some close to the action confide that they think the album and tour will happen."
So folks...it's all good for Van Halen fans. The speculation and rumors will soon be replaced with facts. Stay tuned for updates.
http://www.melodicrock.com/vanhalen-klos.jpg

thefive
03-07-2004, 04:01 PM
I dont know if I believe this whole thing. If this started in November then why didnt we hear more about it? Hollywood is a small town. Everyone knows everything. Even Dave says that in interviews. If you do something or say something and your a celebrity it might not get out in the public but it will definitely get to every celebrities mail box sorta speak.

If I was in Dave's camp I would leak out this info way back but what do I know I aint in the celebrity world.( so happy I am not in that world). Your privacy is the first thing you lose.

thefive

Hecubus
03-07-2004, 04:33 PM
Sad but most likely true.

BigBadBrian
03-07-2004, 05:06 PM
Not to burst your bubble, Rothman, but most people on these boards don't give a damn if Ed-Wino, Alex-Braceboy, and Michael-Munchkin tour with :hagar1: or not. As for me, the RUSH tour will be the highlight of my summer.

BigBadBrian
03-07-2004, 05:07 PM
[

rustoffa
03-07-2004, 07:42 PM
go see priest and revel

azcrdnal
03-07-2004, 08:42 PM
the hole sam thing is all bullshit it won't happen without roth.

John Ashcroft
03-07-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Rothman
It seems an official announcement is due the week of March 15. That's to be confirmed, but Monday March 15 is the hot date right now. It's suggested tickets could be on sale by the end of this month!

Who the fuck is gonna buy them? Last time I saw VH with Hagar it was a fucking miserable experience. I even hear that Cherone's shows were better.

lionsfan
03-07-2004, 10:18 PM
Who is Sammy Hagar?

Sarge's Little Helper
03-07-2004, 10:18 PM
Who is Sammy Hagar?

David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..

lucky wilbury
03-07-2004, 11:33 PM
who is Bette Midler?

Sarge's Little Helper
03-07-2004, 11:33 PM
who is Bette Midler?

Bette Midler is an actress/singer that bears an uncanny resemblance to Sammy Hagar. .. based on both being fat, old, red hair and both have FLOPPY, SLOPPY BREASTS. Bette was in a popular movie called Beaches and Sammy Hagar is just a plain Beatch.Thanks for your time..

thefive
03-07-2004, 11:40 PM
Who is Mona?
thefive

JenniferM
03-08-2004, 12:10 AM
It makes no difference to me whether the Spam-fest reunion happens or not. I know I won't buy an album, a tshirt, or a concert ticket as long as Dave's not involved. I think the lying Dutchmen will be very disappointed with the fan reaction to all of this, should it happen. The only thing I am even remotely curious about is whether or not Eddie can still play................

JenniferM

flappo
03-08-2004, 04:23 AM
..i couldn't give a fuck anymore , i'm looking forward to the new goodies dvd , the new g5 etc and other stuff , fuck vh , that's old crap

..im fucking sick to death of the clapped out cunts , good fucking riddance , i hope , no , i know the tours gonna be a total fucking disaster as will the album

,,why?

..cos they lack a real lead singer

..sammy's a wannabee nobody

John Ashcroft
03-08-2004, 08:54 AM
But flappo, how will I know if it's love???

Wayne L.
03-08-2004, 09:15 AM
I'm looking forward to the Van Halen/Sammy Hagar reunion even though I would personally like to see Eddie Van Halen & David Lee Roth onstage one more time for old VH fans like myself but all this constant whining by some fans is PATHETIC.

Rothman
03-08-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Not to burst your bubble, Rothman, but most people on these boards don't give a damn if Ed-Wino, Alex-Braceboy, and Michael-Munchkin tour with :hagar1: or not. As for me, the RUSH tour will be the highlight of my summer.

Er, excuse me BBB i have no bubble to burst! I'm merely reporting info that i have heard of the once great band that DLR was in as have many others on these boards.

I couldn't give a fat frog's arse who they tour with either unless its Dave.

Catfish
03-08-2004, 02:54 PM
Piss on Van Halen.

knuckleboner
03-08-2004, 03:43 PM
times change, circumstances change, etc.

but doesn't it seem a little odd that eddie was unwilling to do the "nostalgia" tour with dave without a new album to support; but, according to this, is willing to do a nostalgia tour with sam, without a new album to support?

my gut is that ed still feels the same. he's unwilling to go out and tour solely on old material.

Roth & Roll
03-08-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Rothman
Apologies if this has already been posted, but I just found this on melodicrock.com......

VAN HALEN MACHINE ALMOST READY TO ROLL:
Los Angeles radio station KLOS-FM have been running a Van Halen teaser campaign all day, promising exclusive Van Halen news, also adding a teaser banner to their website: www.955klos.com/home.asp
The banner is pictured below.
Sadly the station hasn't made any announcment after teasing fans all day. Were they asked not to, or are they just dicking fans around? The next 24 hours should bring some answers.
The facts however, are clear. Sammy Hagar is back in the band - as I said in November last year when first contact was initiated and a plan for 2004 put in place.
There is a tour that is almost fully planned and booked that will take place over the coming American summer. Coinciding with the tour, of following it, will be Van Halen's Best of Volume 2, featuring new tracks with vocalist Sammy Hagar at the helm.
The exact release date is unknown, with various sources suggesting May, August and September. I was told September, but that could easily change, as I also confirmed recently the new tracks were due for completion at the end of February.
Various leaks from tour promoters and venues have been surfacing, with more this week.
In further news surfacing today, industry magazine Hits has provided another tidbit of info. It was Hits that announced Irving Azoff would manage Van Halen back in November - the same time I announced Sammy's return.
Today the magazine added this to their website:
"MONSTERS OF ROCK In non-restructuring-related business, Warner Special Markets is said to have negotiated a deal with Van Halen for a new greatest-hits package featuring three new songs. A tour to support the album is also said to be in the works, reportedly to include Sammy Hagar. While still unconfirmed, some close to the action confide that they think the album and tour will happen."
So folks...it's all good for Van Halen fans. The speculation and rumors will soon be replaced with facts. Stay tuned for updates.
http://www.melodicrock.com/vanhalen-klos.jpg

So where is the VAN HALEN machine you say is ready to roll??
While this may be good news for Kraft Cheese, the cheeseheads in the frozen tundra of Green Bay, and Pfizer Pharmaceuticals who makes those lactose intolerance pills, how the hell is this good news for VAN HALEN fans??

There is no Van HALEN machine without the Toastmaster General -
END OF STORY!

Switch84
03-08-2004, 04:58 PM
:elvis: Van HATIN can go to Hell. Or, we could call them "DAVE-LITE".

ROFLMMFAOBT!

Rothman
03-09-2004, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Roth & Roll
So where is the VAN HALEN machine you say is ready to roll??

READ THE POST!!! - I didn't say it, Melodicrock.com did. :rolleyes: