• Show
Clear All
  • Rikk
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Rhino Expands Stooges Classics

Rhino Expands Stooges Classics
    By Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

The Stooges' first two studio albums will be reissued in expanded editions Aug. 16 via Rhino. 1969's "The Stooges" and 1970's "Fun House," which remain landmarks documents of the pre-punk American hard rock, will both feature a second disc's worth of rare tracks.

"The Stooges" includes 10 previously unreleased cuts on its second disc, such as producer John Cale's original mixes of "No Fun," "Little Doll," "I Wanna Be Your Dog" and "1969," a full version of "No Fun" and three alternate vocal takes.

The bonus disc that graces "Fun House" sports material only previously available on the now out-of-print Rhino Handmade release "1970: The Complete Fun House Sessions." This includes demos for "Slide (Slidin' the Blues") and "Lost in the Future" (which did not appear on the original album), single mixes of "1970" and "Down on the Street" and three alternate takes.

Alice Cooper penned the introduction for "The Stooges," while the White Stripes' Jack White did the same for "Fun House." The Stooges only other studio album, 1973's "Raw Power," was reissued in 1997 by Columbia/Legacy.

As previously reported, a host of Stooges material will be found on group leader Iggy Pop's upcoming anthology, "A Million in Prizes." The double-disc set will arrive July 19 via Virgin/EMI Music Catalog Marketing.
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.
  • Jérôme Frenchise
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Nov 2004

Great news! At last there is a date. Thanks!
    RHINO is an excellent label, the two reissues will sure be worth it...

I won't get rid of the two CDs I've had for fifteen years now, though, like I got rid of Bowie's stinking mix of "Raw Power". I can't wait for these releases, especially to hear "No fun", "Down on the street" and "Loose" with a more powerful sound...

Iggy and the Stooges play in Aix-les-Bains, not far from where I live on July 16th, but it gets me mad because I'll be one of my best girlfriend's witness at her wedding 500 miles from there... Aaaarrrrgh!
    but I can still see them in Alsace one month later or even in a big festival in Belgium.

It's just too bad they only reunited so late: I bought the "Live in Detroit" DVD last year, which I find a little more disappointing each time I play it. They are the age of their arteries, as we say in French... I just hope for a new Stooges record in the studio, which I think is in the air.
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

Working...