• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBadBrian
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Stupid Things said by Howard Dean

Deanschisms

Republicans are "a pretty monolithic party. They all behave the same. They all
    look the same. It's pretty much a white Christian party." June 6, 2005.

GOP Party Chairman Ken Mehlman joked that "a lot of folks who attended my Bar
    Mitzvah would be surprised" he heads a Christian party.

Update: "I think it is true that the Republicans are, in fact, a largely white Christian
    party. There's nothing the matter with that. I'm a white Christian myself. But they
    don't include other folks, and this is a very diverse country. In fact, they've gone
    out of their way to use other kinds of people as scapegoats in order to win
    elections." June 8, 2005.

Referring to Republicans: "This is a struggle of good and evil and we're the
    good." February 25, 2005.

"I hate the Republicans and everything they stand for, but I admire their
    discipline and their organization." January, 2005.

"You think people can work all day and then pick up their kids at child care or
    wherever and get home and still manage to sandwich in an eight-hour vote? Well
    Republicans, I guess can do that, because a lot of them have never made an
    honest living in their lives." June 2, 2005.

Disavowed by leading Democrats including Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware and New
    Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson.

Update: "The point I was making is clear: Republican policies have declared war
    on hardworking Americans. I will continue to criticize Republican leaders and
    their policies, and the Democratic Party will continue to offer constructive
    alternatives." June 3, 2005.

"The Republicans are not very friendly to different kinds of people .... We're more
    welcoming to different folks, because that's the type of people we are." June 6,
    2005. That's probably because Republicans are “evil,” “corrupt” and “brain-dead”
    “liars” who “are not nice people.” National Review.

"We've suffered a couple of serious defeats. But we're energized, because we
    know that our vision for America is much better than the dark, difficult and
    dishonest vision of the Republican party." June 2, 2005.

"The Republicans are all about suppressing votes...." June 2, 2005.

“You think the Republican National Committee could get this many people of
    color in a single room? Only if they had the hotel staff in here.” February 16,

"White folks in the South who drive pickup trucks with Confederate flag decals
    on the back ought to be voting with us, and not [Republicans], because their kids
    don't have health insurance either, and their kids need better schools too."
    November 2, 2003.

Received a standing ovation from the crowd of Democrats.

Update: "I still want to be the candidate for guys with Confederate flags in their
    pickup trucks." USA Today.

''I think Tom Delay ought to go back to Houston where he can serve his jail
    sentence!" May 14, 2005.

DeLay has been neither charged nor convicted of any crime.

"I've resisted pronouncing a sentence before guilt is found. I will have this old-
    fashioned notion that even with people like Osama, who is very likely to be found
    guilty, we should do our best not to, in positions of executive power, not to
    prejudge jury trials." December 26, 2003.

Delay is charged, tried, and convicted by Dean, but Osama gets the benefit of the
    doubt.

"We have to be rough on the Republicans. Republicans don't represent ordinary
    Americans and they don't have any understanding of what it is to go out and try
    and make ends meet." June 6, 2005.

"(Democrats) understand we have a border problem. But we think that if you
    enforce the laws you already have, the people who are already here ... they haven't
    broken any laws, they paid their taxes, a lot of them are paying into the Social
    Security system and getting nothing." SF Chronicle.

"I think the Republicans are always like this. I remember (former Republican Gov.)
    Pete Wilson ... got elected by victimizing immigrants. Republicans always divide
    people." Source.

Caller: Once we get you in the White House, would you please make sure that
    there is a thorough investigation of 9/11 and not stonewalling?

Howard Dean: Yes there is a report which the president is suppressing evidence
    for, which is a thorough investigation of 9/11.
    Diane Rehm: Why do you think he is suppressing that report?
    Howard Dean: I don’t know. There are many theories about it. The most interesting
    theory that I’ve heard so far—which is nothing more than a theory, it can’t be
    proved—is that he was warned ahead of time by the Saudis. Now who knows
    what the real situation is? But the trouble is, by suppressing that kind of
    information, you lead to those kind of theories, whether they have any truth to them
    or not, and eventually, they get repeated as fact. So I think the president is taking a
    great risk by suppressing the key information that needs to go to the Kean
    Commission.

"This administration is beginning to erode the core of our democracy. " Source.

"From a religious point of view, if God had thought homosexuality is a sin, he
    would not have created gay people." Source.

"If Bill Clinton can be the first black president, I can be the first gay president."
    February 11, 2005.

"Hypocrisy is a value that I think has been embraced by the Republican Party."
    Dean, who last month did an impression of Rush Limbaugh that included the
    sound of someone snorting cocaine, was asked on NBC whether it is
    "appropriate for a physician to mock somebody who has gone into therapy and the
    abuse for drug addiction?" Dean said, "I will use whatever position I have in
    order to root out hypocrisy." Wash Times.

Link
    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush
  • Sarge's Little Helper
    Commando
    • Mar 2003

Dean Rocks!!
    Last edited by FORD; 06-27-2005, 11:29 AM.
    "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Comment

• BigBadBrian
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Re: Stupid Things said by Howard Dean

Originally posted by BigBadBrian

"If Bill Clinton can be the first black president, I can be the first gay president."
      February 11, 2005.

CLASSIC!!!!

Comment

• Warham
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

He's gay alright, and not in the queer way.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Comment

Working...