PDA

View Full Version : Question?

Rubnose
03-07-2004, 09:48 PM
If a major VH anouncement is in the works and the rumor has it as Sammy in the band, then why would Dave be making a national appearance on a top rated show at about the same time?

In other words why would the producers of The Sopranos give Dave air time at all. Historically Dave only does things when he has something to sell. With all the head honchos involved if Sammy was in the band shouldn't he be sitting next to Tony Soprano?

As much as it pains me to think that azcardinal has an angle, I can't help but ponder.

Just my thoughts on this long and dragged out matter.

Seshmeister
03-07-2004, 09:57 PM
WTF?

You think Tony is gonna let Hagar near his snacka?

Big Troubles
03-07-2004, 10:04 PM
Nah fuck that! If Dave is ready to "sell" anything at all, it's gonna be his Vegas run again. If anything, he's prob hoping this takes away any attention that the Van Halen announcent might have. Fire the first shot! Personaly, I dont think Dave has to try to take any steam from any possible Hagar reunion. I'm thinking that any fans that are left are gonna flat out refuse to believe that this band has anything to offer, without Dave in it. Peri-fuckin' id.

Dr. Love
03-07-2004, 10:23 PM
Didn't he record this a good while back?

I'm pretty sure he couldn't prophecy the future.

Big Troubles
03-08-2004, 09:20 AM
I dont know when the Soprano's taping was done, but Im thinking if anything Dave is trying to sell his Vegas act coming up, not Van Halen possible reunion.

azcrdnal
03-08-2004, 10:09 AM
look at it this way look at the red fat asses site he has tour dates throughout june. does that look like a person that is getting ready to front vanhalen. no it doesn't. now lets look at dave he has a little so called tour going that can end tomorow.why would dave be getting all this media attention why would dave be doing the sopranos. i will tell you why it's not that dave is a great actor i mean when has dave ever acted he hasn't. the sopranos is a major show why would they want dave because very soon him and vanhalen will be all over the news and everything and back in the spotlight.

rikredbrain
03-08-2004, 10:29 AM
this may be a silly question... but does it really matter now wether dave rejoins van halen? they are all getting on a bit... it will not be the same as twenty odd years ago.

both roth and van halen have moved on and done more stuff seperately than together now..... an original van halen reunion would leave out all the great songs that roth has done since.... of course on the plus side their would be no hagar related van halen stuff either

ah well if it happens it happens if not get a ticket to vegas.

Big Troubles
03-08-2004, 11:16 AM
Van Halen with or without Roth will not be the same as 20 years ago. Plain and simple. But Id rather listen to Roth scream, as old as he might be, as compared to Spam squel like a pig.

As for the Soprano's and Dave's acting. No Dave has never acted, but that might be a new career for him. Hey, I will take Dave any way I can! And as far as the Soprano's wanting Dave to guest appear, I heard it was because Dave and the writers were friends and they or someone has always wanted Dave to appear.

DavidLeeNatra
03-08-2004, 05:38 PM
dave does whatever he wants...it's not to sell anything...he don't give a shit...

rikredbrain
03-08-2004, 05:49 PM
i just cant see the validity of an original van halen reunion.. except to line pockets.... daves put a great wee band together now.. and ok he aint got the popularity he used to have but getting to see a hero in a small venue is better than half a mile away in the freezin cold... id be more in favour of a vai sheehan bissonette revival.....

but im happy seein him the way he is unashamedly cock rock with a wink and a smile.....

oh and the J.D is very real...... my mate the last bottle he had left lyin on the stage after..... very very real.....and great use of our backstage passes......

Terry
03-08-2004, 08:00 PM
As long as there are people who want to see it, there will always be a valid reason for the classic lineup to reunite.

Lining pockets? Naturally. But they lined their pockets the first time around too, and I never heard many say Van Halen were in it ONLY for the money.

If it turned out to be nothing but an oldies show, with no new material to support, and was executed in a half-assed manner, then I could see your point.

If Halen got into the studio and put out some new material, and played a hefty amount of it onstage alongside the classics, can't see where anyone would have a problem with it.

Besides, with all the talentless posers fobbing themselves off as musicians today, a Van Halen reunion would be valid if only to show today's make-sure-you-get-my best-side, all too media hungry 'musicians' what the real deal looks and sounds like.

Yeah, it won't be 20 years ago, and that's fine. Even without Roth jumping and screaming as high as he used to, Alex with his neck brace, Eddie half in the bag and Anthony in a corset....even Van Halen at only 3/4's strength will still blow away all of today's pretenders without even trying.

rikredbrain
03-08-2004, 10:12 PM
yknow what your not wrong........