PDA

View Full Version : AC/DC - Before The Thunder

Hardrock69
06-27-2005, 02:06 PM
Found this at guitars101.com (thanks to Knuck for posting this originally..DEATH TO MEGAUPLOAD.COM!!!)
:D

Here is part 1:

http://rapidshare.de/files/2638174/...nder-1.rar.html

Here is Part 2:

http://rapidshare.de/files/2638619/...nder-2.rar.html

Enjoy!!

:cool:

flappo
06-27-2005, 03:14 PM
i'll d/l this later

i much prefer bon scott to brian johnson

a bit like dave vs sammy

if it ain't broke , don't fix it

Hardrock69
06-28-2005, 12:40 AM
Uh...dammit...

I fergot to mention that it is AC/DC before Bon Scott....

ace diamond
06-28-2005, 06:11 PM
pre bon scott would be original singer dave evans

Panamark
06-29-2005, 08:36 AM
They never hit it big until Bon was with them.
I appreciate Dave Evans part of the history, but Bon
was the man... Dave Evans was only there for a very
short time...

Can I sit next to you girl, was the only AC/DC song
I can recall that Dave recorded before Bon...

ace diamond
07-09-2005, 04:37 PM
i think there were a few others. a friend of mine in san diego has an mp3 of the original demo of "back in black" with bon singing it before he died. thus why it was included in the "bonfire"boxed set.

Last_Child
07-10-2005, 08:30 AM
ehm...

Bon never sang Back In Black....

Your friend probably has the Tribute version with Joe Lynn Turner...

DLR_EngineRoom
07-10-2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by ace diamond
i think there were a few others. a friend of mine in san diego has an mp3 of the original demo of "back in black" with bon singing it before he died. thus why it was included in the "bonfire"boxed set.

not sure where this was originally posted, but that 'Bon' version of Back In Black was a hoax. It's a 'metal supergroup' fronted by Stephen Pearcy (of Ratt), and was included on one of several tributes to AC/DC.

Once again, it is NOT authentic when it claims to be Bon Scott.

FORD
07-11-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
They never hit it big until Bon was with them.
I appreciate Dave Evans part of the history, but Bon
was the man... Dave Evans was only there for a very
short time...

Can I sit next to you girl, was the only AC/DC song
I can recall that Dave recorded before Bon...

I can't believe I have to tell an Aussie this, but.....

Ac/Dc released two singles with Dave Evans. "Can I Sit Next To You Girl" and "Rockin In The Parlour".

Evans was a good singer, but he was too generic. With him, the band sounded like Sweet or half a dozen other bands that were all over the radio at the time. I doubt they would have ever made it out of Oz with him as a singer. Bon was a true original.

Panamark
07-12-2005, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by FORD
I can't believe I have to tell an Aussie this, but.....

Ac/Dc released two singles with Dave Evans. "Can I Sit Next To You Girl" and "Rockin In The Parlour".

Evans was a good singer, but he was too generic. With him, the band sounded like Sweet or half a dozen other bands that were all over the radio at the time. I doubt they would have ever made it out of Oz with him as a singer. Bon was a true original.

Well there ya go ! You are correct, I didnt know about this other
single. In fact Ive never heard it. Is it good ??

Beauvoir
07-17-2005, 02:43 PM
Generic boogie rock. It wasn't till they got Bon's evil sneer and wicked sense of humour that the band had a chance.

A few years ago Dave Evans put out a CD of him performing with an AC/DC cover band as a tribute to old Bon. Its more interesting for the little bits of talk in between the tracks where Evans mentions that he had met Bon once or something.

FORD
07-18-2005, 01:30 AM
Apparently, according to this press release from Albert Productions, "Can I Sit Next To You"/"Rockin in the Parlour" was actually one single after all.

Th press release is pretty funny though, as it refers to bass player Rob Bailey as the "foundation" of the band's sound, and he was gone before they ever made an album. And Evans himself is referred to as "...the VOICE that IS Ac/Dc!"

Little did they know ;)

http://www.daveevans.au.com/Images/mediarelease1a.gif

VonHalen
07-25-2005, 05:41 PM
lol