X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob_R
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Rafael Palmeiro

This guy hit his 563rd career HR last night vs. the Yankees .

And he's 10 hits shy of 3,000.

He's done all this with very little fanfare.

I mean I do not think he's ever lead the league in HR's or hit 50 in a season.

I mean he tied Reggie Jackson's HR total. Everyone thinks of Reggie as a HR hitter.

Does anyone else share my feelings on this?
    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!
  • High Life Man
    Commando
    • Jan 2004

Definate HOF'r.

And a boner pill popper.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

There are MANY media idiots(including Jim Rome) who think Raffy is not a Hall of Famer. They base those views on the fact that he was never considered one of the top five players in the game. Bullshit. Definite HOF. The consistency he displayed is nothing short of amazing.........

Comment

• Itakenoshit
        Banned
        • Jun 2005

I am not into baseball that much but I like to go to live games.
        Now be nice to me I am new here.

Comment

• monkeythe
          Foot Soldier
          • Apr 2004

He definately belongs in the hall. I think HOF'ers fall into 2 categories, those stars that shine very bright for a short time & the compilers that do there business slow & steady over time & when you look back you say wow.

By the way, who takes anything Jim Rome says seriously. I had to shut off the Pat Tillman memorial on ESPN because I couldn't stand Rome & I got sick watching him mc'ing a ceremony on such a great man..

Comment

• superdave
            Sniper
            • Apr 2004

I consider him one of the greatest of all time, better than a lot of the so called 'superstars' out now, and he is a classy guy

I would put him in the same class as Rod Carew, whose swing was the sweetest in baseball

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
              This guy hit his 563rd career HR last night vs. the Yankees .

And he's 10 hits shy of 3,000.

He's done all this with very little fanfare.

I mean I do not think he's ever lead the league in HR's or hit 50 in a season.

I mean he tied Reggie Jackson's HR total. Everyone thinks of Reggie as a HR hitter.

Does anyone else share my feelings on this?
              Yeah, I was at this game when he hit it, and I was thinking the same exact thing...
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Figs
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

He is very unheralded. Definitely should go to the Hall. I remember him being the only guy to homer off Mariano Rivera in 1996. My only gripe (not about him really) was when they gave him a 1st base gold glove for a year he was DH for about 140 games. I guess they felt he was short changed in the past.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

I wouldn't consider him one of the greatest from year to year...although there were a few where he WAS one of the top 5-10 players in the game...so Rome is full of shit...

I would consider him one of the great players of the game though, career wise...

1. You don't last this long in the game unless you are good...

2. You can't be an average player and have 3,000 hits...and 600 homers (which he will do...although rumblings are that this is his final year...and he's said he wouldn't play another just to hit 600)

3. He was, correct me if I'm wrong...a gold glove first baseman...so he doesn't fit the exact DH strategy that some are taking...

By the way...his 15TH HOMER OF THE YEAR puts him 2 shy of 3,000...
                  "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Warham
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

I wish the Cubs wouldn't have traded him in '89.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

You didn't like Mark Grace?
                      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Figs
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                        3. He was, correct me if I'm wrong...a gold glove first baseman...so he doesn't fit the exact DH strategy that some are taking...

Yup, although I really don't get the 1999 award....

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Maybe that was the year you were talking about earlier...

Gold Glove DH?

lmfao....maybe he didn't drop any fucking donuts in the on-deck circle...

Comment

• Figs
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jun 2004

I still think he's in the Hall, but that award was a joke.

This list shows it as a 1st base gold glove.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Even so...2 Gold Gloves...in that career...probably deserved more...

but those offensive #'s ARE FUCKING INCREDIBLE!!!!

If he gets 600...

600/3000 is the land of the unknown...

just Aaron and fucking Mays...I think...

Comment

Working...