DLR_EngineRoom
06-29-2005, 04:26 PM
Welcome To The Machine, mofos.....

DLR_EngineRoom
06-29-2005, 04:35 PM

Shaun Ponsonby
06-29-2005, 04:48 PM
Hell yea.

We are actually considering a PF Reunion Party.

"Breathe, Breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care
Leave, but don't leave me
Look around, choose your own ground"

DLR_EngineRoom
06-29-2005, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
Hell yea.

We are actually considering a PF Reunion Party.

"Breathe, Breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care
Leave, but don't leave me
Look around, choose your own ground"

Enjoy....wish there was sumpin' like that over here in T.O.....

Jérôme Frenchise
06-29-2005, 06:06 PM
Yeah, incredible... I remember dreaming, about ten years ago, of having tea in one of my grand aunts' kitchen (a grand aunt who was in bad terms with my family, and has remained to... this day, when things seem to get better at last, after 20 years...), having tea there with... Dave Gilmour and Rodger Waters! A very striking dream, as the kitchen door was open, and my grand aunt went outside, but I stayed in there with the Pink Floyd Phoenix... That dream conversation never quit my memory.

I'm so glad they eventually reconciled. Pink Floyd's music has been so dull and corny for a half of a century; it will sound as it should in a few weeks, at last.

DLR_EngineRoom
06-29-2005, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
Yeah, incredible... I'm so glad they eventually reconciled. Pink Floyd's music has been so dull and corny for a half of a century; it will sound as it should in a few weeks, at last.

Let's hope it turns out to be more of an Eagles/KISS/Motley Crue/Judas Priest kinda reunion instead of a Van Halen type of reunion.

Pink Floyd Reunited Tour.........can you imagine?

Rikk
06-30-2005, 12:18 AM
The PINK FLOYD reunion tour would probably be the biggest of them all. It would be even more noteworthy than a LED ZEPPELIN reunion because at least it would be all the original members (unless you count the SYD BARRETT days).

And some here wouldn't like to admit it...but a PINK FLOYD reunion would be quite a bit bigger than a VAN HALEN reunion.

Jérôme Frenchise
06-30-2005, 01:52 AM
I saw Rodger Water's DVD 2 years ago, in which he plays a lot of Floyd classics, and damn how can he still play the stuff! His energy is awesome, exactly what has been missing in Pink Floyd since he quit. Energy, plus inspiration.
I think I'll be in London if it's really going to happen.:cool:

RuzDNailz
06-30-2005, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
Enjoy....wish there was sumpin' like that over here in T.O.....

Are you going to Live 8 in Barrie? I still think it should have been in
Downsview Park because that would have been PERFECT. That's one
of the reasons why it did so well. Our line-up isn't all that bad at all when you consider some of the artists performing there.

Shaun Ponsonby
06-30-2005, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Rikk
The PINK FLOYD reunion tour would probably be the biggest of them all. It would be even more noteworthy than a LED ZEPPELIN reunion because at least it would be all the original members (unless you count the SYD BARRETT days).

And some here wouldn't like to admit it...but a PINK FLOYD reunion would be quite a bit bigger than a VAN HALEN reunion.

Yes, and LED ZEPs stage show wouldn't be as good as Floyd's. One thing about Floyd is that they ALWAYS had a magnificent light show.

PLUS, Robert Plant isn't exactly great live these days.

Big Fat Sammy
06-30-2005, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
I saw Rodger Water's DVD 2 years ago, in which he plays a lot of Floyd classics, and damn how can he still play the stuff! His energy is awesome, exactly what has been missing in Pink Floyd since he quit. Energy, plus inspiration.
I think I'll be in London if it's really going to happen.:cool:

Jérôme, I agree....

and I highly recommend this DVD. Its called Rpger Waters - In The Flesh.

What I like better than the Floyd classics in this vid is....

1) The RW solo stuff... "Perfect Sense" is as good/better than any classic PF - It shows that RW is/was THE main man in PF.

2) One Doyle Bramhall II on guitar....playing left handed w/ the strings upsidedown....when he plays the classics, he sounds EXACTLY like Gilmore....thats is, if Gilmore was from Texas.

Get it!

DLR_EngineRoom
06-30-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by RuzDNailz
Are you going to Live 8 in Barrie? I still think it should have been in Downsview Park because that would have been PERFECT. That's one
of the reasons why it did so well. Our line-up isn't all that bad at all when you consider some of the artists performing there.

Bryan Adams, Crue, Deep Purple and The Guess Who (under a different name)...not bad at all.

But I ain't goin'......too far to walk.....

Matt White
06-30-2005, 12:49 PM
Yes, and LED ZEPs stage show wouldn't be as good as Floyd's. One thing about Floyd is that they ALWAYS had a magnificent light show.

PLUS, Robert Plant isn't exactly great live these days.

A reunited LED ZEPPELIN would kick the PISS out of ALL other bands....unless CLASSIC VAN HALEN reformed.

ZEP never needed much of a stage show, the music did the talkin'

Check out that live ZEP DVD to see 'em in their prime. They where fucking MONSTERS live, before the Heroin took over.

Shaun Ponsonby
06-30-2005, 12:56 PM
But, it ain't the prime anymore.

I was listening to Robert Plant live on BBC Radio 2 a few weeks (months?) back, he can't do it anymore.

DLR_EngineRoom
06-30-2005, 01:08 PM

I was listening to Robert Plant live on BBC Radio 2 a few weeks (months?) back, he can't do it anymore.

LOL he also looks like sh++

...and let's not forget that he is, admittedly too, the reason we don't have a Zep reunion w/Jason Bonham.

Shaun Ponsonby
06-30-2005, 01:09 PM
That, plus Jason Bonham is committed to UFO for the time being.

Matt White
06-30-2005, 01:22 PM

So...are you telling me Gilmours voice is in prime shape?!? Or WATERS?!?LOL I saw BOTH PAGE/PLANT tours...and they KICKED ASS.

Even SINATRA's voice went with age...why should PLANT be any different?

I'd rather see ZACK STARKEY or DAVE GROHL with ZEP than Bonham. He isn't the drummer his Dad was.

ALL old bands won't measure up to what they were in their prime. That's why people should go see bands when they have the opportunity!

DLR_EngineRoom
06-30-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
I'd rather see ZACK STARKEY or DAVE GROHL with ZEP than Bonham. He isn't the drummer his Dad was.

I gots ta disagreez wit ya, buddy.

Jason IS the drummer his dad was.

As a matter of fact, Jimmy Page said (after LIVE AID in '85) that when they were rehearsing, Jason would ask which 'version' they wanted to perform, and he cited various different tour versions as well as studio and outtake versions for each song Zep played! Jimmy said that he and the rest of the bands were besides themselves.

DLR_EngineRoom
06-30-2005, 02:44 PM
That, plus Jason Bonham is committed to UFO for the time being.

Don't think for a nano-second that Jason wouldn't drop EVERYTHING for a Zep reunion tour...

Matt White
06-30-2005, 02:46 PM
HHmmmmm....I'd forgot about that DPA!!!

Good Point!

Ever see the pics from Jason's wedding? LED ZEP as a wedding band! Imagine the bill for that gig!!!LOL

Shaun Ponsonby
06-30-2005, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
So...are you telling me Gilmours voice is in prime shape?!? Or WATERS?!?LOL I saw BOTH PAGE/PLANT tours...and they KICKED ASS.

No, but their voices were NEVER great, they just suited their styles. Plant had a great voice in his day, and the songs were written to suit his voice at the time, and he can bearly pull it off anymore. Gilmour/Waters NEVER had a tricky vocal line, Plant sometimes HAD a tricky vocal line.

Like the version of 'Stairway...' on 'The Song Remains The Same'. Its not very good, and that was in the 70s. What would it be like now?

BrownSound1
06-30-2005, 05:53 PM
I would never use The Song Remains The Same as an accurate representation of a live Led Zeppelin show. End of a long tour, band was exhausted, and it shows.

Which is why the Led Zeppelin DVD was released...pretty much makes you forget all about TSRTS. The Earl's Court show has a far superior Stairway...and it was AFTER TSRTS, if I'm not mistaken.

A Pink Floyd reunion tour would be huge, and yes a Led Zeppelin reunion tour would be just as huge.

Big Fat Sammy
06-30-2005, 05:58 PM
A VH reunion would be bigger than both Zep and PF, a bet ya.

Shaun Ponsonby
06-30-2005, 05:59 PM
Yes, lets just say that they would be EQUALLY as big.

DLR_EngineRoom
06-30-2005, 06:09 PM
lol.....so I guess the question remains.....

Is it Pink Floyd without Roger Waters?

Shaun Ponsonby
06-30-2005, 06:18 PM
Does it matter?
Waters is with them, so, it doesn't (matter).

Big Fat Sammy
06-30-2005, 06:19 PM
IMO the VH reunion would generate more press....as they are a bigger ongoing DRAMA than the other two...

Waters and Gilmore are a close second in that department though...they have been known to talk some shit...but not on the level of going on TV and making nut kicking threats. :)

Shaun Ponsonby
06-30-2005, 06:20 PM
Thats a fair point, but, with Pink Floyd being the bigger band...

Big Fat Sammy
06-30-2005, 06:30 PM
I'm not sure I would call PF "bigger"....maybe where you live! :)

Shaun Ponsonby
06-30-2005, 07:09 PM
Yea, I'm only talking for the UK, really.

Big Fat Sammy
06-30-2005, 08:36 PM
They are/were huge her too....saw em in a sold out stadium last time around. 7th row center I believe!