Dave reference on Reno 911

On comedy central last night.....

Who saw it?
  • Mezro
    Full Member Status

• May 2004

Assume that none of us saw it BFS.

Mezro...what the fuck did they say?...
    Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• Big Fat Sammy
      Veteran
      • Feb 2005

Well if you aren't familiar with the show (its very funny BTW) its about the police of Reno Nevada. Its kind of filmed like a reality show, sort of like "Cops" and the actors improv alot of it....

On last nights show, the 2 black officers Rae Rae and Jones are training a new recruit...a young white girl.

The three of them were chasing a purse snatcher, and the crook ran up a ladder to the top of a building, then pushed the ladder down before they got to it.

As Rae Rae and Jones fumbled with trying to put the ladder back up to continue the chase...the rookie girl climbed a tall fence, leapt from it onto the edge of the roof...and pulled herself on top...then kicked the bad guy's ass....while the senoir officers watched in amazement.

The new girl was yelling down at them "I got him!!! I got him!!!" and Jones wispered to Rae Rae "This is what we need...some of this white, white people, David Lee Roth stuff".....or something close to that.

Watch for reruns....its the episode where they train new recruits....its a funny show.

Comment

• Big Fat Sammy
        Veteran
        • Feb 2005

Jones....lol

Comment

• Big Fat Sammy
          Veteran
          • Feb 2005

Rae Rae Williams

Comment

• Big Fat Sammy
            Veteran
            • Feb 2005

Lt. Jim Dangle....LMAO...ya gotta see this show!!!

Comment

• BenJammin
              Foot Soldier
              • Feb 2004

Yeah, I saw it!

The quote was more something like "did you see that, we need more cool-ass, white, David Lee Roth shit like that"

I love Reno911 btw.

Wicked funny shit on that show, mind you there is no laugh track, and do you remember how shows of the past did without laugh tracks? Not so good, but this show is hilarious.

Also, did you ever think that whoever came up with the concept, must have had a run-in with the real Reno Police or Sheriff's department? Just some payback to make them look like losers.
              "Money can't buy poverty." -Marty Feldman

Comment

• DLRisGOD
                Roadie
                • Apr 2005

In many inner-city circles, DLR is considered the epitome of everything that is cool about "white" guys...

Although in my opinion, The Diamond One would be cool no matter what race he was...
                Without DLR in the lineup, Van Halen is merely Rat Salade...

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Reno 911 is a fucking RIOT - I rarely miss it.

Unfortunately, I was at work last night, so...I'll catch the repeat.
                  Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Big Fat Sammy
                    Veteran
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DLRisGOD
                    In many inner-city circles, DLR is considered the epitome of everything that is cool about "white" guys...

Although in my opinion, The Diamond One would be cool no matter what race he was...
                    True Dat

Its Diamond Dave, Mike MacDonald, and Daryl Hall.....the holy trinity of white dudes.

Comment

• sammysucks65
                      Head Fluffer
                      • May 2005

cool what if dave was on a comedy show like this cause dave is a comical person...hint hint his music videos and song dialouge...i think we all know that..well he should be on a show like that full time or part time cause of his band...hahaha i would watch it

Comment

• rustoffa
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BenJammin
                        Yeah, I saw it!

The quote was more something like "did you see that, we need more cool-ass, white, David Lee Roth shit like that"
                        That makes more sense. I was having a rough time believing they'd refer to Dave in some uptight cracker stereotype.

Did anyone see the episode where this neighbor tricked 'em into shooting the other neighbors' sleeping dog?

LMFAO!

Comment

• Big Fat Sammy
                          Veteran
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by rustoffa
                          That makes more sense. I was having a rough time believing they'd refer to Dave in some uptight cracker stereotype.

Did anyone see the episode where this neighbor tricked 'em into shooting the other neighbors' sleeping dog?

LMFAO!
                          ...it was a positive reference for sure, he didn't say "shit" but maybe "cool-ass" was in there.... BenJammin got more of the vibe right in his quote, my bad.

It was just hard for me to quote right (I tried to remember it exactly) as I had just drank a six of Guiness Extra.

And that dog episode was funny as shit!

Comment

• BenJammin
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Feb 2004

Guiness Genuine Pub Draught is the roadside bomb! (i.e. it has an IED...Improvised Explosive Device)
                            "Money can't buy poverty." -Marty Feldman

Comment

Working...