PDA

View Full Version : US Radiation In Iraq Equals 25,000 Nagasaki Bombs...

Hardrock69
06-30-2005, 10:14 AM
By Bob Nichols
Dissident Voice.org
6-30-5

As a writer, I do not have a set of words to describe what 142 Degrees in the shade is like. I've seen 120 D. in Phoenix and 110 D in the spa's sauna I use. One hundred forty-two degrees leaves me speechless. Try to imagine 142 D temperature while wearing a helmet, long sleeve shirt, long pants, a bullet proof vest, boots, and carrying a 70 pound pack.

By contrast the Inuit of Alaska and Canada have thirty-seven words to precisely talk about different kinds of snow.

So, since the temperature is heating up in Iraq it seemed like a good time to float this story to different Internet sites and news publications. There was one story in 2003 of one 19 year old British soldier whose military job was to work in a British tank. In Iraq. In the summer. Word is, from London, that he forgot to drink enough water and he literally cooked in his tank.

But, this story is not about the temperature in Iraq. You can bet, though, the weather will be really important for those Americans unfortunate enough to still be in Iraq this summer.

This story is about American weapons built with Uranium components for the business end of things. Just about all American bullets, 120 mm tank shells, missiles, dumb bombs, smart bombs, 500 and 2,000 pound bombs, cruise missiles, and anything else engineered to help our side in the war of us against them has Uranium in it. Lots of Uranium.

In the case of a cruise missile, as much as 800 pounds of the stuff. This article is about how much radioactive uranium our guys, representing us, the citizens of the United States, let fly in Iraq. Turns out they used about 4,000,000 pounds of the stuff, give or take. That is a bunch.

Now, most people have no idea how much Four Million Pounds of anything is, much less of Uranium Dust (UD), which this stuff turns into when it is shot or exploded. Suffice it to say it is about equal to 1,333 cars that weigh three thousand pounds per car. That is a lot of cars; but, we can imagine what a parking lot with one thousand three hundred and thirty three cars is like. The point is: this was and is an industrial strength operation. It is still going on, too.

No sir-ee, putting Four Million Pounds of Radioactive Uranium Dust (RUD) on the ground in Iraq was a definitely "on-purpose" kind of thing. It was not "just an accident." We, the citizens of the United States, through our kids in the Army, did this on purpose.

When the uranium bullets, missiles, or bombs hit something or explode most of the radioactive uranium turns instantly to very, very small dust particles, too fine to even see. When US Troopers or Iraqis breathe even a tiny amount into their lungs, as little as One Gram, it is the same as getting an X-Ray every hour for the rest of their shortened life.

The uranium cannot be removed, there is no treatment, there is no cure. The uranium will long outlast the Veterans' and the Iraqis' bodies though; for, you see, it lasts virtually forever.

But, it gets worse. Seems an Admiral who is the former Chief of the Naval Staff of India wanted to know how much radiation this represented. He also wanted to express the amount in a figure that the world, especially the non American world, could easily understand.

The Admiral decided to figure out how many Nagasaki Atom Bombs it would take to deliver the equivalent of the total amount of radiation deployed in Iraq in 2003 in Four Million Pounds of uranium.

The Admiral also wanted to figure out how much radiation the United States Military Forces have deployed in the last Five American Wars, the so-called Five Nuclear Wars.

That is a simple enough task for somebody like the Naval Chief of Staff for a country that is a member of the Nuclear Club. Using the Nagasaki bomb for the measuring stick is a particularly gruesome twist, though. For those of you in the States who do not know it, the United States Military Forces dropped two nuclear Bombs on Japan at the close of World War II. The whole world remembers that.

One Atom Bomb was dropped by Americans on the city of Hiroshima, the other on the city of Nagasaki three days later. About 170,000 people were incinerated immediately. It was a really big deal.

It is a measuring stick that plays very well in the rest of the world; but, not very well on Fox News (Fair & Balanced) (c) or the rest of the Fox-like American media. The Department of Energy still lists the Hiroshima and Nagasaki detonations as "tests." The admiral released the data months ago at a scientific conference in India. This article is the first report of the data in the United States. It will first be released on the Internet.

The admiral in India calculated the number of radioactive atoms in the Nagasaki bomb and compared it with the number in the 4,000,000 pounds of uranium left in Iraq from the 2003 war. Now, believe me, it is a lot more complex than that; but, that is essentially what the experts in India did.

How many Nagasaki Nuclear Bombs equal the Radiation loosed in the 2003 Iraq war? Answer: About 250,000 Nuclear Bombs.

How many Nagasaki Nuclear Bombs equal the Radiation loosed in the last Five American Nuclear Wars? Answer: About 400,000 Nuclear Bombs. Who would do something like this?

We would. The only people in the history of the world to engage in Nuclear Wars are Americans, citizens of the United States. Allegedly, the Germans and Japanese of WWII also wanted to engage in nuclear wars, except the American Military beat them to the draw, so to speak.

Respected academic scholars could debate forever whether or not Herr Hitler, Fuhrer of Germany, would have deployed uranium munitions in the Sudetenland if the weapons had been available. Certainly the Germans knew just as much about uranium wars as we did at the time. It seems doubtful that Adolph Hitler would have ordered the use of uranium munitions there because the Sudetenland was so close to the Fatherland, Nazi Germany.

An American General named Leslie Groves was in charge of the bomb making operation called The Manhattan Project. In 1943 The War Department knew exactly what uranium bullets and bombs were good for.

If the nuclear weapons did not detonate in Japan, the use of uranium bullets and bombs were the fall back position. It was not till Ronald Reagan was President in 1980 did the re-named Defense Department resurrect the deadly radioactive uranium bullets, bombs, and missiles. No wonder his popular nick-name was Ronnie Ray-Gun.

The American Military knew the symptoms of radiation poisoning in 1943 too; starting with the irritated sore throat through to an agonizing death from being cooked from the inside out.

President Bush promised to invade twelve countries in the 2003 State of the Union speech. I believe the man. For some reason, some misguided Americans do not believe him, or think he was "exaggerating." The rest of the world has every reason to believe him, though.

Not to worry, the President has plenty of raw material for radioactive uranium munitions left. There are more than 77,000 Tons stored at the 103 nuclear waste plants and the several Nuclear Weapons Labs in the US. Each one makes another 250 pounds of radioactive material a day for radioactive bullets, bombs, and missiles. Not to put too fine a point on it; but, that is enough for 40.5 more gloriously successful campaigns like the 2003 Nuclear War in Iraq.

Every year about this time the Southern winds leave a fine desert sand on the windshields of cars parked outside in Continental Europe and Britain. Soon this sand dust will carry a surprise. Thanks to the Americans. Thanks to us. We did this to the world. And, we wonder why they hate and despise us so.

These uranium weapons' indiscriminate killing effect gives a whole new meaning to the age old term: cannon fodder. In Iraq, what goes around, comes around. If not the uranium munitions themselves, the uranium dust will be in the bodies of our returning armed forces, time bombs slowly ticking away the lives of the gullible and the ignorant with their very own internal radiation source, the cannon fodder of the 21st Century American Nuclear Wars.

Put your ending to this article next.

A lot of people have done everything we can think of to stop these nuclear wars. Even more specifically to stop the use of uranium as a munition and shut down the nuclear power plants. We have tried and failed for years. Why don't you give it a try? Can't hurt anything! Write what steps you would take to turn this situation around. Contact me at: bobnichols@cox.net.

Bob Nichols writes in Oklahoma City and is the Editorial writer for DemoOkie.com. Bob Nichols is a contributing writer for LiberalSlant, Democratic Underground, OnlineJournal, AmericaHeldHostage, and other online dot com publications. Mr. Nichols is a frequent contributor to The Oklahoma Observer and other print publications. He lives and works in Oklahoma. He is a member of CASE -- Citizens' Action for Safe Energy, and President of the Carrie Dickerson Foundation. CASE has successfully killed two serious, well funded attempts to build Nuclear Power Plants in Oklahoma and several attempts to site what is now known as the "Yucca Mountain Reactor Dump" in Oklahoma. All these efforts to build nuclear facilities have failed. CASE won every time.

Dolemite!
07-11-2009, 04:43 PM
To me the spread of radioactive dust around the Iraqi landscape was always the best indication of a regime that cares nothing about freedom yada yada and that of a press that has no idea of what investigative journalism entails. This should have been and even now should continue to top headline coverage on a continuing basis.

It doesn't take much to take the attention of the populace away from real issues like this towards ultimately irrelevant news about change and new sock puppet presidents.

hideyoursheep
07-11-2009, 09:57 PM
This story is about American weapons built with Uranium components for the business end of things. Just about all American bullets, 120 mm tank shells, missiles, dumb bombs, smart bombs, 500 and 2,000 pound bombs, cruise missiles, and anything else engineered to help our side in the war of us against them has Uranium in it. Lots of Uranium.

It's definitely a substance to be used sparingly in combat, but on the other hand, having the ability to fire through enemy MBT defilade positions and take them out of the battle when you're heavily outnumbered, I'd say depleted uranium rounds come in handy.

Blackflag
07-11-2009, 09:59 PM
you see, it lasts virtually forever.

bobnichols@cox.net.

Radioactive materials don't last forever, they have a half-life.

And the uranium used is already "depleted." So who's the source on this horseshit story?

All I see is somebody with an email of "cocks.net" That should tell you something.

How about a legitimate story from a legitimate source next time?

Blackflag
07-11-2009, 10:00 PM
I'd say depleted uranium rounds come in handy.

Exactly.

ELVIS
07-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Bob Nichols is a contributing writer for LiberalSlant, Democratic Underground, OnlineJournal, AmericaHeldHostage, DemoOkie.com. and other online dot com publications.

LMAO!!

:elvis:

Dolemite!
07-11-2009, 10:24 PM
Depleted uranium is said to be the cause of gulf war syndrome and defects in Iraqi children.

The Doctor, the Depleted Uranium, and the Dying Children (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5146778547681767408)

The Doctor, the Depleted Uranium, and the Dying Children - 53: 02 - Sep 23, 2007

An award winning documentary film produced for German television by Freider Wagner and Valentin Thurn. The film exposes the use and impact of radioactive weapons during the current war against Iraq. The story is told by citizens of many nations. It opens with comments by two British veterans, Kenny Duncan and Jenny Moore, describing their exposure to radioactive, so-called depleted uranium (DU), weapons and the congenital abnormalities of their children. Dr. Siegwart-Horst Gunther, a former colleague of Albert Schweitzer, and Tedd Weyman of the Uranium Medical Research Center (UMRC) traveled to Iraq, from Germany and Canada respectively, to assess uranium contamination in Iraq

Dolemite!
07-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Bob Nichols is a contributing writer for LiberalSlant, Democratic Underground, OnlineJournal, AmericaHeldHostage, DemoOkie.com. and other online dot com publications.

LMAO!!

Somebody's elevated themselves to fact checker status now. And the sources for the looney tunes videos you've been posting?

hideyoursheep
07-11-2009, 10:28 PM
To me the spread of radioactive dust around the Iraqi landscape was always the best indication of a regime that cares nothing about freedom yada yada
Oh, STFU.
Iraq was also a regime that didn't give a shit about it's own fucking people, shit head.

ELVIS
07-11-2009, 10:31 PM
This crap is like a report saying IRAQI HEAD SEEKS ARMS!

See, you can read different meanings into that headline...:biggrin:

Dolemite!
07-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Oh, STFU.
Iraq was also a regime that didn't give a shit about it's own fucking people, shit head.

Now "Iraq" is a regime?

Great argument! So Saddam didn't care. Let outsiders give them cancer.

hideyoursheep
07-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Exactly.

It's STILL toxic, fuckhead!

:fufu:

Blackflag
07-11-2009, 10:37 PM
Dude, bug poison is toxic, too.

Is it like we dropped "25,000 Nagasaki Bombs" on Iraq that will "last virtually forever?"

No credibility to this at all.

And the OP should be ridiculed for posting it.

Dolemite!
07-11-2009, 10:42 PM
I think a few billion years qualify as "virtually forever" and the radiation by this calculation measures up to that released by 25,000 bombs.

thome
07-11-2009, 10:44 PM
I know they have Nukes for howitsers and tanks someday maybe a handgun nuke bullet..lol.

Those things are not depleted uranium.

Depleted uranium is a substance that is not volitile...correct?

It doesn't explode does it...?

Does a inner core shell of depleted uranium change the structure of materials and loosen the atomic structure in order to penetrate further into or thru whatever it has entered with the heat generated by the friction energy of the outer shell, the vehicle ..?

Just exactly why does a depleted uranium shell penetrate further into a material such as a tank /
Further than the same sized hardened steel shell without DU..?

Any you x-od cats got the info on structurally what is going on within the impact..?

any help welcome..

Blackflag
07-11-2009, 10:49 PM
I think a few billion years qualify as "virtually forever" and the radiation by this calculation measures up to that released by 25,000 bombs.

It's already been depleted, you stupid fuck. So either show me a legitimate source for the 25,000 calculation, or shut the fuck up and admit this is just more shit you find on the internet.

I mean, I'm no fucking physicist...but I think if there was radiation anywhere near that of 25,000 atomic bombs in Iraq, all of our soliders would already be dead or dying from radiation sickness. How about a little common sense?

Dickhead. :alien:

Dolemite!
07-11-2009, 10:54 PM
It's already been depleted, you stupid fuck. So either show me a legitimate source for the 25,000 calculation, or shut the fuck up and admit this is just more shit you find on the internet.

I mean, I'm no fucking physicist...but I think if there was radiation anywhere near that of 25,000 atomic bombs in Iraq, all of our soliders would already be dead or dying from radiation sickness. How about a little common sense?

Dickhead. :alien:

:lol: What a dumbass.

I didn't post the article or agree that 25,000 is an accurate calculation. But your saying that depleted uranium is "depleted" and therefore harmless is stupid and absurd. It still is radioactive.

Blackflag
07-11-2009, 10:58 PM
I didn't post the article or agree that 25,000 is an accurate calculation. But your saying that depleted uranium is "depleted" and therefore harmless is stupid and absurd. It still is radioactive.

Correct me if I'm wrong, dicksucker, but the topic of the article is not whether depleted uranium is radioactive.

It's whether there is radiation in Iraq as if 25,000 atomic bombs have been dropped there. And that's as fucking laughable as you are.

hideyoursheep
07-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Now "Iraq" is a regime?

Great argument! So Saddam didn't care. Let outsiders give them cancer.

How good is your memory?

Dolemite!
07-11-2009, 11:12 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, dicksucker, but the topic of the article is not whether depleted uranium is radioactive.

It's whether there is radiation in Iraq as if 25,000 atomic bombs have been dropped there. And that's as fucking laughable as you are.

Nothing to do with me. My contribution was bringing up how it is deadly and its yet ignored like it doesn't matter.

Your response to the article was not only objecting to the figure but also questioning the reality that DU is deadly.

Dolemite!
07-11-2009, 11:13 PM
How good is your memory?

Memory of what?

Blackflag
07-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Nothing to do with me. My contribution was bringing up how it is deadly and its yet ignored like it doesn't matter.

Your response to the article was not only objecting to the figure but also questioning the reality that DU is deadly.

Try commenting on the article, like I did.

Dolemite!
07-11-2009, 11:26 PM
Try commenting on the article, like I did.

I just went at another angle. Whether or not there is that level of uranium dust, the fact is there are enough cases of Iraqi children affected, and ex-servicemen complaining of DU related gulf war syndrome. Even if it's a handful of people affected there is still no excuse for this carrying on...

BITEYOASS
07-11-2009, 11:31 PM
By Bob Nichols
Dissident Voice.org
6-30-5

As a writer, I do not have a set of words to describe what 142 Degrees in the shade is like. I've seen 120 D. in Phoenix and 110 D in the spa's sauna I use. One hundred forty-two degrees leaves me speechless. Try to imagine 142 D temperature while wearing a helmet, long sleeve shirt, long pants, a bullet proof vest, boots, and carrying a 70 pound pack.

By contrast the Inuit of Alaska and Canada have thirty-seven words to precisely talk about different kinds of snow.

So, since the temperature is heating up in Iraq it seemed like a good time to float this story to different Internet sites and news publications. There was one story in 2003 of one 19 year old British soldier whose military job was to work in a British tank. In Iraq. In the summer. Word is, from London, that he forgot to drink enough water and he literally cooked in his tank.

But, this story is not about the temperature in Iraq. You can bet, though, the weather will be really important for those Americans unfortunate enough to still be in Iraq this summer.

In the case of a cruise missile, as much as 800 pounds of the stuff. This article is about how much radioactive uranium our guys, representing us, the citizens of the United States, let fly in Iraq. Turns out they used about 4,000,000 pounds of the stuff, give or take. That is a bunch.

Now, most people have no idea how much Four Million Pounds of anything is, much less of Uranium Dust (UD), which this stuff turns into when it is shot or exploded. Suffice it to say it is about equal to 1,333 cars that weigh three thousand pounds per car. That is a lot of cars; but, we can imagine what a parking lot with one thousand three hundred and thirty three cars is like. The point is: this was and is an industrial strength operation. It is still going on, too.

No sir-ee, putting Four Million Pounds of Radioactive Uranium Dust (RUD) on the ground in Iraq was a definitely "on-purpose" kind of thing. It was not "just an accident." We, the citizens of the United States, through our kids in the Army, did this on purpose.

When the uranium bullets, missiles, or bombs hit something or explode most of the radioactive uranium turns instantly to very, very small dust particles, too fine to even see. When US Troopers or Iraqis breathe even a tiny amount into their lungs, as little as One Gram, it is the same as getting an X-Ray every hour for the rest of their shortened life.

The uranium cannot be removed, there is no treatment, there is no cure. The uranium will long outlast the Veterans' and the Iraqis' bodies though; for, you see, it lasts virtually forever.

But, it gets worse. Seems an Admiral who is the former Chief of the Naval Staff of India wanted to know how much radiation this represented. He also wanted to express the amount in a figure that the world, especially the non American world, could easily understand.

The Admiral decided to figure out how many Nagasaki Atom Bombs it would take to deliver the equivalent of the total amount of radiation deployed in Iraq in 2003 in Four Million Pounds of uranium.

The Admiral also wanted to figure out how much radiation the United States Military Forces have deployed in the last Five American Wars, the so-called Five Nuclear Wars.

That is a simple enough task for somebody like the Naval Chief of Staff for a country that is a member of the Nuclear Club. Using the Nagasaki bomb for the measuring stick is a particularly gruesome twist, though. For those of you in the States who do not know it, the United States Military Forces dropped two nuclear Bombs on Japan at the close of World War II. The whole world remembers that.

One Atom Bomb was dropped by Americans on the city of Hiroshima, the other on the city of Nagasaki three days later. About 170,000 people were incinerated immediately. It was a really big deal.

It is a measuring stick that plays very well in the rest of the world; but, not very well on Fox News (Fair & Balanced) (c) or the rest of the Fox-like American media. The Department of Energy still lists the Hiroshima and Nagasaki detonations as "tests." The admiral released the data months ago at a scientific conference in India. This article is the first report of the data in the United States. It will first be released on the Internet.

The admiral in India calculated the number of radioactive atoms in the Nagasaki bomb and compared it with the number in the 4,000,000 pounds of uranium left in Iraq from the 2003 war. Now, believe me, it is a lot more complex than that; but, that is essentially what the experts in India did.

How many Nagasaki Nuclear Bombs equal the Radiation loosed in the 2003 Iraq war? Answer: About 250,000 Nuclear Bombs.

How many Nagasaki Nuclear Bombs equal the Radiation loosed in the last Five American Nuclear Wars? Answer: About 400,000 Nuclear Bombs. Who would do something like this?

We would. The only people in the history of the world to engage in Nuclear Wars are Americans, citizens of the United States. Allegedly, the Germans and Japanese of WWII also wanted to engage in nuclear wars, except the American Military beat them to the draw, so to speak.

Respected academic scholars could debate forever whether or not Herr Hitler, Fuhrer of Germany, would have deployed uranium munitions in the Sudetenland if the weapons had been available. Certainly the Germans knew just as much about uranium wars as we did at the time. It seems doubtful that Adolph Hitler would have ordered the use of uranium munitions there because the Sudetenland was so close to the Fatherland, Nazi Germany.

An American General named Leslie Groves was in charge of the bomb making operation called The Manhattan Project. In 1943 The War Department knew exactly what uranium bullets and bombs were good for.

If the nuclear weapons did not detonate in Japan, the use of uranium bullets and bombs were the fall back position. It was not till Ronald Reagan was President in 1980 did the re-named Defense Department resurrect the deadly radioactive uranium bullets, bombs, and missiles. No wonder his popular nick-name was Ronnie Ray-Gun.

The American Military knew the symptoms of radiation poisoning in 1943 too; starting with the irritated sore throat through to an agonizing death from being cooked from the inside out.

President Bush promised to invade twelve countries in the 2003 State of the Union speech. I believe the man. For some reason, some misguided Americans do not believe him, or think he was "exaggerating." The rest of the world has every reason to believe him, though.

Not to worry, the President has plenty of raw material for radioactive uranium munitions left. There are more than 77,000 Tons stored at the 103 nuclear waste plants and the several Nuclear Weapons Labs in the US. Each one makes another 250 pounds of radioactive material a day for radioactive bullets, bombs, and missiles. Not to put too fine a point on it; but, that is enough for 40.5 more gloriously successful campaigns like the 2003 Nuclear War in Iraq.

Every year about this time the Southern winds leave a fine desert sand on the windshields of cars parked outside in Continental Europe and Britain. Soon this sand dust will carry a surprise. Thanks to the Americans. Thanks to us. We did this to the world. And, we wonder why they hate and despise us so.

These uranium weapons' indiscriminate killing effect gives a whole new meaning to the age old term: cannon fodder. In Iraq, what goes around, comes around. If not the uranium munitions themselves, the uranium dust will be in the bodies of our returning armed forces, time bombs slowly ticking away the lives of the gullible and the ignorant with their very own internal radiation source, the cannon fodder of the 21st Century American Nuclear Wars.

Put your ending to this article next.

A lot of people have done everything we can think of to stop these nuclear wars. Even more specifically to stop the use of uranium as a munition and shut down the nuclear power plants. We have tried and failed for years. Why don't you give it a try? Can't hurt anything! Write what steps you would take to turn this situation around. Contact me at: bobnichols@cox.net.

Bob Nichols writes in Oklahoma City and is the Editorial writer for DemoOkie.com. Bob Nichols is a contributing writer for LiberalSlant, Democratic Underground, OnlineJournal, AmericaHeldHostage, and other online dot com publications. Mr. Nichols is a frequent contributor to The Oklahoma Observer and other print publications. He lives and works in Oklahoma. He is a member of CASE -- Citizens' Action for Safe Energy, and President of the Carrie Dickerson Foundation. CASE has successfully killed two serious, well funded attempts to build Nuclear Power Plants in Oklahoma and several attempts to site what is now known as the "Yucca Mountain Reactor Dump" in Oklahoma. All these efforts to build nuclear facilities have failed. CASE won every time.

Here is what I would say to the author of this so-called report:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WAOxY_nHdew&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WAOxY_nHdew&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I was there and never saw any rounds being transported, nor have I built any bombs with depleted uranium while I was in Iraq back in 2005. Depleted Uranium is used against tanks or other heavily armoured vehicles, to which there were none to shoot at! When we wanted to take out a buidling, then we'd most often use HE. This asshole reporter sounds like a left-wing equivalent to Glenn Beck.

Blackflag
07-11-2009, 11:38 PM
the fact is there are enough cases of Iraqi children affected, and ex-servicemen complaining of DU related gulf war syndrome. Even if it's a handful of people affected there is still no excuse for this carrying on...

Is that "the fact?" You seem to be confusing a "fact" with a you tube video.

ELVIS
07-11-2009, 11:52 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WAOxY_nHdew&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WAOxY_nHdew&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hey!

I'm sure i've posted those exact words in this forum!!

Ok, fess up...which one of you is this guy and why did you steal my content ??

:biggrin:

BITEYOASS
07-11-2009, 11:58 PM
This news story is one big....

FAIL! http://www.qwizx.com/gssfx/usa/tpirhorns.wav

standin
07-12-2009, 12:47 AM
I know they have Nukes for howitsers and tanks someday maybe a handgun nuke bullet..lol.

Those things are not depleted uranium.

Depleted uranium is a substance that is not volitile...correct?

It doesn't explode does it...?

Does a inner core shell of depleted uranium change the structure of materials and loosen the atomic structure in order to penetrate further into or thru whatever it has entered with the heat generated by the friction energy of the outer shell, the vehicle ..?

Just exactly why does a depleted uranium shell penetrate further into a material such as a tank /
Further than the same sized hardened steel shell without DU..?

Any you x-od cats got the info on structurally what is going on within the impact..?

any help welcome..

I would have thanked you for this post, but it is a bit of a stretch to expect nuclear physicist to be mulling around without specific invitations (with clearance) But that does sound on the right track...

Notation: It is vexing and a bit incommodious that you demonstrate controled thought and form. Please cease and desist.
I haven't invited a nuclear physicist , have you?

hideyoursheep
07-12-2009, 12:48 AM
Depleted Uranium is used against tanks or other heavily armoured vehicles, to which there were none to shoot at!

I wonder why that is?

Dullomite...care to guess?

hideyoursheep
07-12-2009, 01:23 AM
No credibility to this at all.

Gulf War Veteran Resource Pages (http://www.gulfweb.org/)

And the OP should be ridiculed for posting it.

Not at all....The original story may be a little slanted, but the topic is surely deserving of debate.

hideyoursheep
07-12-2009, 01:33 AM
I was there and never saw any rounds being transported, nor have I built any bombs with depleted uranium while I was in Iraq back in 2005.

"Built" bombs?

Explain to me what you did. I've never heard of this.

Blackflag
07-12-2009, 01:34 AM
Not at all....The original story may be a little slanted, but the topic is surely deserving of debate.

You can't debate a number that somebody pulled out of their ass. 25,000 atomic bombs? What is that based on?

Ok, let's debate. You can say it's like Iraq has been with with 32,512 atomic bombs, and I'll argue that it's more like 703 atomic bombs.

Let's all make shit up now, and call it a debate.

Douchebag.

hideyoursheep
07-12-2009, 02:07 AM
You can't debate a number that somebody pulled out of their ass. 25,000 atomic bombs? What is that based on?

That would be the slanted part......maybe.

1 bomb.....a million.....radiation has lingering effects.
Period.

What are your thoughts on Gulf War Syndrome? I have my opinion, but I don't want to interfere with yours....go ahead.

GULF WAR SYNDROME BIRTH DEFECTS IN IRAQ CHILDREN BABIES EXTREME BIRTH DEFORMITIES DEPLETED URANIUM AMMUNITION (http://www.xs4all.nl/~stgvisie/VISIE/extremedeformities.html)

Let's all make shit up now, and call it a debate.

Douchebag.

:lol: Why not? You do it all the time around here!

Twat.

Blackflag
07-12-2009, 02:26 AM
The "slanted part?" Maybe? That's the whole article, ass. Read the title.

Do you think the U.S. has put so much radiation in Iraq that it's as if they dropped 25,000 atomic bombs on the country - or not?

How about this...if you can't point to a single Iraqi with radiation sickness...then there's not the radiation equivalent to a single atomic bomb, is there?

Then the whole article is shit, and the OP should wipe his ass with it. qed.

And I don't have an opinion on Gulf War Syndrome, don't know much about it.

ELVIS
07-12-2009, 02:30 AM
TWENTY FIVE HUNDRED BILLION TRILLION BOMBS!!!

AHH HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!

That's about how silly it is...

hideyoursheep
07-12-2009, 02:40 AM
don't know much about it.

Are your nipple clamps on too tight?

Christ..you're thick-headed. :rolleyes:

Your only beef is the number of bombs used to measure the amount of radiation given off from spent radioactive munitions? It's obvious the fucking guy didn't walk every inch of Iraq with a fucking geiger counter, dipshit!

You totally missed the goddam point. Again!

That's the whole article, ass. Read the title.

:lol:

The whole article is the title?.....:lmao:

In that case, WTF is this guy talking about?

:rolleyes:

Semantics. That's your bag, baby.

BITEYOASS
07-12-2009, 09:19 AM
"Built" bombs?

Explain to me what you did. I've never heard of this.

6541 Aviation Ordnance Systems Technician

I've assembled General Purpose, Laser guided, JDAM and Inert Practice bombs. As well as a 2.75" & 5" rockets, inspect 20mm & 25mm ammo, load illunimation flares, load decoy flares & chaff. I could go on and on, but I know that every explosive type has a color identification code. DU has a particular shape and has a black colored tip. HE is usually brown or grey colored with 1 or 2 yellow stripes on the tip. If it was used, it would have been early on when there was actually tanks to shoot at, but that was very few in number compared to the amount of HE used. But the idea that there was an equivalent of 25,000 nagasaki's worth of DU expended is just batshit tinfoil crazy.

Nickdfresh
07-12-2009, 09:21 AM
Depleted uranium is said to be the cause of gulf war syndrome and defects in Iraqi children.

The Doctor, the Depleted Uranium, and the Dying Children (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5146778547681767408)

There is no conclusive proof as to what causes Gulf War Syndrome. And soldiers that have never been around depleted uranium rounds have suffered from it...

And as far as the thread - radioactive fallout in Nagasaki and Hiroshima was quickly dissipated after the blast...

Nickdfresh
07-12-2009, 09:26 AM

It's definitely a substance to be used sparingly in combat, but on the other hand, having the ability to fire through enemy MBT defilade positions and take them out of the battle when you're heavily outnumbered, I'd say depleted uranium rounds come in handy.

I could be wrong, but the only things with depleted uranium are armor-piercing rounds. I can't see why there would be any in "smart" or dumb (unguided) bombs or cruise missiles...

And yes, the article has a point worth talking about - but it was also written as a slanted opinion piece by a dope with little or no grasp of science, weaponry, or history...

Nickdfresh
07-12-2009, 09:45 AM
"One Atom Bomb was dropped by Americans on the city of Hiroshima, the other on the city of Nagasaki three days later. About 170,000 people were incinerated immediately. It was a really big deal.''

BTW, "writers" who write sentences like the above ones are retarded...

The nuking of two Japanese cities was "a really big deal?" No shit!?! You don't say...

Dolemite!
07-12-2009, 10:58 AM
I wonder why that is?

Dullomite...care to guess?

Then where does the DU dust in Iraq come from?

Take this for instance.

Reports from Baghdad speak of repeated attacks by US aircraft carrying DU weapons on high-rise buildings in the city centre.
BBC NEWS | Science/Nature | US rejects Iraq DU clean-up (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/2946715.stm)

Btw, they were also used in the first gulf war, against tanks.

Nickdfresh
07-12-2009, 01:59 PM

Take this for instance.

Reports from Baghdad speak of repeated attacks by US aircraft carrying DU weapons on high-rise buildings in the city centre.
BBC NEWS | Science/Nature | US rejects Iraq DU clean-up (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/2946715.stm)

"Reports from Baghdad?" Who was "reporting?"

Armor-piercing ammunition has little or no use against non-hardened structures...

Dolemite!
07-12-2009, 02:21 PM
"Reports from Baghdad?" Who was "reporting?"

It doesn't say. :)

Even if that report is false, there still is the matter of use in the first gulf war.

Nickdfresh
07-12-2009, 02:58 PM
It doesn't say. :)

Even if that report is false, there still is the matter of use in the first gulf war.

The report is probably exaggerated for propaganda purposes. But there is no doubt that DU ammunition was used extensively in the first Gulf War, as there were a lot more armored targets to take out back then.

Against a building, high explosive rounds would be the choice, not armor piercing...

BITEYOASS
07-12-2009, 03:03 PM
The report is probably exaggerated for propaganda purposes. But there is no doubt that DU ammunition was used extensively in the first Gulf War, as there were a lot more armored targets to take out back then.

Against a building, high explosive rounds would be the choice, not armor piercing...

Fo sho! You know during one bomb buildup when I was deployed in Iraq, I wanted to write "Satan's Cock" on a Mk-84 2000 lbs. bomb. But they wouldn't let me. LOL

But I did draw a =VH= logo in one of the explosive magazines at MCAS Yuma.

hideyoursheep
07-12-2009, 10:30 PM
6541 Aviation Ordnance Systems Technician

I've assembled General Purpose, Laser guided, JDAM and Inert Practice bombs. As well as a 2.75" & 5" rockets, inspect 20mm & 25mm ammo, load illunimation flares, load decoy flares & chaff.

You put it together and loaded it onto the aircraft?

hideyoursheep
07-12-2009, 11:17 PM
There is no conclusive proof as to what causes Gulf War Syndrome. And soldiers that have never been around depleted uranium rounds have suffered from it...

All the signs point toward pesticides and/or NBC weapons that could have contaminated the sand that was all over every fuckin' thing...some of it could have even made it back stateside. Some think it might be an antidote to NBC attacks...I can't remember what it was, but it wasn't antropine...in any case, it shouldn't EVER be used unless you've been showing symptoms.

The NBC detection gear at the time was pretty touchy, and the morning dew could set it off.(exaggeration:biggrin:) If anyone jumped the gun and used it [antidote] when they shouldn't, it could very well give you the same symptoms of being hit with nerve agent.

DU rounds will turn you into a burning wet spot. It's brutal what it leaves behind. I'd say IF DU rounds are the root cause of GWS, that the entire 2nd ACR would be dead or dying of radiation poisoning by now from second hand exposure, as would anybody who cleaned up after a firefight-and that isn't the case.

BITEYOASS
07-13-2009, 11:47 AM
You put it together and loaded it onto the aircraft?

At the MALS level we put it together or just inspect it if no assembly is required, and transport them to the flying squadron. After that the VMA, VMFA, HMLA or HMH loads it onto the aircraft. The MOS for that is 6531 Aviation Ordnanceman.

I forgot to mention inspecting cluster bombs and sometimes having to go underneath em' to attach a modification lanyard, fun times! :D

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e1/K01mq2-webinsigniablkwidows.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d8/MALS-42insignia.jpg/800px-MALS-42insignia.jpg

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.editAlbumPhoto&albumID=588003&imageID=386012

hideyoursheep
07-14-2009, 01:10 AM
Nice..

Hardrock69
07-14-2009, 01:31 AM
Goddam.....is there so little going on in the political world now that you guys have to dig up 4-year-old threads just to have something to argue about?
:hee:

I also think the 25,000 Nagasaki bomb figure sounds fucking stoopid.

But a) I did not write the article, and b) there IS DU being used over there.

Sure the article appears to be exaggerated and slanted, but that does not magically turn depleted uranium particles into harmless "Fairy Dust".

There have been hundreds of articles on the net since the early 90s about this subject.

Oh well.

When the bell rings, come out of your corners swinging!
:D

hideyoursheep
07-14-2009, 01:36 AM
LMAO!

Wake it up again in another 4 years.

BITEYOASS
07-14-2009, 08:19 AM
Goddam.....is there so little going on in the political world now that you guys have to dig up 4-year-old threads just to have something to argue about?
:hee:

I also think the 25,000 Nagasaki bomb figure sounds fucking stoopid.

But a) I did not write the article, and b) there IS DU being used over there.

Sure the article appears to be exaggerated and slanted, but that does not magically turn depleted uranium particles into harmless "Fairy Dust".

There have been hundreds of articles on the net since the early 90s about this subject.

Oh well.

When the bell rings, come out of your corners swinging!
:D

Your cool! I just have a problem with the author of the article. I'm sure that DU had to do with the symptoms from Gulf War Syndrome, but I doubt if it was that widespread. Afterwards training was developed on how to handle DU warheads and what not to do when there are expended DU in a battlefield area.

hideyoursheep
07-14-2009, 02:13 PM
I'm sure that DU had to do with the symptoms from Gulf War Syndrome, but I doubt if it was that widespread.

I don't think so. There have been so many that have come down with the sickness that were nowhere near it, as opposed to those who were and have no problems.

I think it's something else.

I just don't like BlackFag.

When is the USMC gonna allow unit patches? Those things are cool...

Hardrock69
07-14-2009, 02:55 PM
Your cool! I just have a problem with the author of the article. I'm sure that DU had to do with the symptoms from Gulf War Syndrome, but I doubt if it was that widespread. Afterwards training was developed on how to handle DU warheads and what not to do when there are expended DU in a battlefield area.

This is a forum for debate, and quite often I would post stuff in here for that purpose, no matter if I agreed with the article or not.

GWS is some kinda weird-ass shit. Perhaps it is not DU dust that causes it, but dust from camel shit! :biggrin:

Blackflag
07-14-2009, 03:12 PM
I get that a lot.

hideyoursheep
07-14-2009, 03:29 PM
GWS is some kinda weird-ass shit. Perhaps it is not DU dust that causes it, but dust from camel shit! :biggrin:

:lol:

BITEYOASS
07-14-2009, 04:46 PM
I don't think so. There have been so many that have come down with the sickness that were nowhere near it, as opposed to those who were and have no problems.

I think it's something else.

I just don't like BlackFag.

When is the USMC gonna allow unit patches? Those things are cool...

We only wear patches with coveralls or flight suits, they don't let the ground side wear them because their out in the field all the time. The only exception is for Army personnel attached to Marine Divisions.

BITEYOASS
07-14-2009, 04:51 PM
This is a forum for debate, and quite often I would post stuff in here for that purpose, no matter if I agreed with the article or not.

Not to mention all of the toxic waste coming from the oil wells and pumps, which is way more widespread. But the petroleum industry is so deep in congresses back pocket, that they won't go into the health hazards resulting from it.

Remember when McCain attempted to have a press conference on an offshore oil rig to show how safe it is, only to cancel it at the last minute due to all of the dead fish floating around?

hideyoursheep
07-14-2009, 04:59 PM
We only wear patches with coveralls or flight suits, they don't let the ground side wear them because their out in the field all the time. The only exception is for Army personnel attached to Marine Divisions.

I do remember some who "crossed over" to the Army...an E-6 with a 3rd Marine Division combat patch...I guess they can bring it with them where they are allowed, but not on the USMC uniforms.

standin
07-14-2009, 07:44 PM
Not to mention all of the toxic waste coming from the oil wells and pumps, which is way more widespread. But the petroleum industry is so deep in congresses back pocket, that they won't go into the health hazards resulting from it.

Remember when McCain attempted to have a press conference on an offshore oil rig to show how safe it is, only to cancel it at the last minute due to all of the dead fish floating around?

This is the truth! I haven't even thought about that.....
And I can testify as a hazmat worker and manager that even in our regulated American soil that many oil companies do not give a flying fly EXCEPT when closely monitored, reported on AND penalized.

letsrock
07-16-2009, 11:54 AM

Take this for instance.

Yes they were.

letsrock
07-16-2009, 11:59 AM
All the signs point toward pesticides and/or NBC weapons that could have contaminated the sand that was all over every fuckin' thing...some of it could have even made it back stateside. Some think it might be an antidote to NBC attacks...I can't remember what it was, but it wasn't antropine...in any case, it shouldn't EVER be used unless you've been showing symptoms.

The NBC detection gear at the time was pretty touchy, and the morning dew could set it off.(exaggeration:biggrin:) If anyone jumped the gun and used it [antidote] when they shouldn't, it could very well give you the same symptoms of being hit with nerve agent.

DU rounds will turn you into a burning wet spot. It's brutal what it leaves behind. I'd say IF DU rounds are the root cause of GWS, that the entire 2nd ACR would be dead or dying of radiation poisoning by now from second hand exposure, as would anybody who cleaned up after a firefight-and that isn't the case.

During the Gulf War there were aprox 215 US soldiers lost.
But in the time since then there have been thousands of veterans die of what the VA call "Undetermined illness".

I have tons of info on this because it is a daily part of my life.
Luckily i'm doing well.

hideyoursheep
07-16-2009, 10:30 PM
I have tons of info on this because it is a daily part of my life.
Luckily i'm doing well.

Being a :tool: is a daily part of your life.

I gives 2 shits how you're doing.:mad0248:

Blackflag
07-17-2009, 01:21 AM
Being a :tool: is a daily part of your life.

I gives 2 shits how you're doing.:mad0248:

Have you ever thought maybe it's you and not me?

Think about it.

:shiznit:

standin
07-17-2009, 01:23 AM
:lameo::lmao:

Blackflag
07-17-2009, 01:26 AM

Who asked you, you howdy doody acting mother fucker. Take the dick out of your mouth and tell us what you really think.

standin
07-17-2009, 01:32 AM

~I stand in adherence with my quote~:biggrin: