The Final Days Of The Van Halen Saga?:

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TMR

The Final Days Of The Van Halen Saga?:

Well, the Van Halen leaks continue unabated, while my direct sources have suddenly gone very quiet. Expect something official very very shortly!
    I have nothing new to add to what I have already said and what else is out there, but to summarize, the last few days has seen KLOS-FM in LA state that Van Halen are booking concert dates, with two are scheduled for Southern California this summer. They also state that they will have ticket information by the end of the month. Let's hope they - or someone at least, does!

The only real unanswered question out there right now is when will it all be announced?
    Rumors suggest as early as this week, others point to next week as a possibility. What do my sources have to say? Nothing, nadda, zip....everyone has gone quiet, so I cannot update you any further personally at this stage. More as soon as possible of course...
  • Dave IS VH

Dude, don't you ever stop? :p

Comment

• joey78

Sources say the announcement is likely to be made the week of March 15

Comment

• Catfish

Sources say nobody gives a FUCK about that band if Dave isn't in it.

Comment

• John Ashcroft
          Veteran
          • Jan 2004

On that note, I was listening to Eat 'em and Smile this morning on the way in to work. Man, I really wish Dave would get those dudes back. I know his current line up consists of stellar musicians, but there's still something missing. It may be chemistry, I don't know. But what I do know is that his music with Via and Sheehan was fun. Typical of what I'd come to expect from Dave. (The same "funness" that left Van Halen when Dave left followed him to EEAS). I just don't get that vibe from his newer stuff. Yeah, some of you will probably flame me for saying so, but I can dream can't I?

Comment

• Full Bug
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Catfish
            Sources say nobody gives a FUCK about that band if Dave isn't in it.
            You said it, well put.....
            Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by John Ashcroft
              On that note, I was listening to Eat 'em and Smile this morning on the way in to work. Man, I really wish Dave would get those dudes back. I know his current line up consists of stellar musicians, but there's still something missing. It may be chemistry, I don't know. But what I do know is that his music with Via and Sheehan was fun. Typical of what I'd come to expect from Dave. (The same "funness" that left Van Halen when Dave left followed him to EEAS). I just don't get that vibe from his newer stuff. Yeah, some of you will probably flame me for saying so, but I can dream can't I?
              I agree.. I think the Sun Demons have a similar vibe. I have no idea why they dont mix that stuff with Dave's personality and ability...

I'm about to post what I'm talking about...

Comment

• Wayne L.

The Van Halen saga as you say is called one for some VH fans who don't seem to have a life outside of wondering what Eddie Van Halen is doing with his life at this moment instead of concentrating on their own, but I'm looking forward to the upcoming Van Halen/Sammy Hagar reunion tour even though I'm not planning on going even though this all about the return of EVH aftera long absence from the spotlight, I would like to see Eddie & Dave onstage one more time speaking as an old VH fan since I was young when those first important & influential classic rock albums were released & experiencing VH live in those days was a kick ass, rock & roll, good time.

Comment

Working...