X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cathedral
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Cell Phones

I just got my new cell phone a few weeks ago and i'm still determining how i like it compared to the last one.

I just moved up to the Audiovox cdm 8910 camera phone and am having difficulty with my BitPim software recognizing it.
    I spent a shit load of time making my own mp3 ringtones and just finally got them to load into the phone, which was very scary.

It seems that tons of people are screwing up their 8910's files by trying to alter them like this.

What phone do you have and what is your over-all opinion about it?

Oh, and who here has Verizon Wireless as a provider?
  • flappo
    Banned
    • Jan 2004

no idea

i hate the damn things

Comment

• Cathedral
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

I can agree, and if it weren't for work i wouldn't have one either.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

nokia 6230i great phone, works fine no problems with the mp3 ringtones (all dave all night)
        Roth Army Icon
        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Coyote
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Bog standard Nokia 3310. No mp3-ringtones, no color, no MMS-messaging... But it still works after 5 years.
          Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Last_Child
            Commando
            • Oct 2004

ehmm..
            See if I remember.

It's a Nokia & It's BLACK!

..wow!
            The numbers are unknown (Don't remember!)

But it has a Camera (It sucks) no Mp3's (That Sucks) Can't Film (that Sucks) COLOR!! (quite good, but it sucks temporarily).

Anyways, this thing is invincible!
            I've dropped in on the floor several times (By Accident!) and it's still working!
            + other amazing accidents.

I like it.
            "With a rate of fire of over 20 rounds per second, the IMI Micro Uzi is almost as fast as Yngwie Malmsteen, and 25.4 times more musical"

Worst of all... It's true..

Comment

• diamondsgirl
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2004

I have a Motorola something or other. No bells or whistles.

Got Jeff Beck Blues as a ring tone.
              “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• David Van Via
                Sniper
                • Apr 2004

I have a windows spv c500, I have the full show of montreal 84 on my phone.

can't go wrong.
                Rumour has it that Van Halen have continued in recent years with a new lead signer, but since there 1985 breakup, nobody involved has ever recaptured that spontaneous cheeseburger magic!

ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Nokia 165. Yes, the brick. AT&T is my provider; prepaid. Can't complain. I've always have a signal except for a random stretch in the middle of Virginia.

I keep seeing those commercials for the Go phones where it's prepaid and night and weekend are free. That would rock. I assume if night and weekend usage is free, then the long distance would be free and then BAM. I can keep in touch with random people, which would own.
                  Roth Army Militia

Comment

• MAX
                    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

I have always had Nokias for yeeyas. They are stellar and great phones. I like them cos they aren't too small and extremely easy to operate. Tis' funny cos the last one I purchased opens up into a full keyboard for text-messageing (which I'm too dumb to figure out ) and emailing. I didn't care for having it but it was only ten bucks extra, so I figured what the fuck? lol.

My provider has always been AT&T until they recently switched to Cingular which is great cos everyone else who's on Cingular, we can all talk for free on their network.
                    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

I don't know. I just push the damned buttons and talk. Seriously, it's about three years old and I need a new one.
                      “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Redballjets88
                        Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

cell phones are th way to go...i wouldnt even have a house phone. who needs it when people can just call the cell
                        R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

I do not have one. I may get one eventually, but I am trying to keep the electronic world at bay for at least a small part of my life...

My friends know my number if they need to leave me a message.

You guys...we are living in the fucking future...if you had told me in 1984 that in 21 years we would have cell phones that had almost all of the capabilities that the device below has, I would have told you you were nuts....

This was set in the 23rd Century....and here it is really only 2005....

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

Ok so everyone has this other device.....Kirk was supposed to have his in the 23rd century....but we gots ours today!!!!

Comment

• classicdude
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Apr 2004

I have the Audiovox CDM 8900 with service thru US Cellular. After trying their EasyEdge service for a month or so, I said no thanks to that option. I bought a data cable and a flash attachment for the phone so I don't have to get raped by their fees for emailing pics.

Comment

Working...