PDA

View Full Version : Reunited GnR/CVH package tour would be huge

Terry
07-03-2005, 10:41 PM
Imagine the original Gunners (yep, even Steven Adler) opening up for a reunited CVH.

THAT concert I'd be willing to shell out $100 a pop for tickets.

bueno bob
07-03-2005, 10:58 PM
Fuck the G'n'R bit. I'd shell out $1000 for a reunited CVH easily. Although a classic G'n'R would make for a good opening act, certainly.

canadiandlrgirl
07-03-2005, 11:25 PM
CVH don't need an opener...they're the whole damn show
and besides have you seen axl lately...he looks like a barbie doll :D

OfficerJimmy
07-04-2005, 09:24 AM
I don't think that GNR will ever reunite Axl just too much of a prick for that to happen.

The same could probably be said about CVH and Eddie or Alex but I"m positive they'll get back together after all of the rumors that are spreading.

UGS
07-04-2005, 10:19 AM
What's Steven Alder done in the last 15 years? I'd take Matt Sorum over him anyday. Izzy is crucial though.

LoungeMachine
07-04-2005, 10:51 AM
Moot point.

Axl would just throw a backstage tizzy fit and storm out anyway, leaving CVH the entire night to play.

fuck 'em

Dave's Bitch
07-04-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Terry
Imagine the original Gunners (yep, even Steven Adler) opening up for a reunited CVH.

THAT concert I'd be willing to shell out $100 a pop for tickets.

i would do ANYTHING to see my two fav bands (Guns N Roses and CVH ofcourse) back together on the same stage

Dave's Bitch
07-04-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by UGS
What's Steven Alder done in the last 15 years? I'd take Matt Sorum over him anyday.

matt sorum is great,but just as it wouldnt be a CVH reunion without mikey for example it wouldnt be a Guns N Roses reunion without steve adler

sammysucks65
07-04-2005, 01:12 PM
i think sorum is better...and stevo had liver cancer or a stroke..but i think he is good to play ...matt is old though..he was in the band the cult..old stuff.

cvh....o that might happen if alex isnt a prick same with mike...i think ed and dave would be fine with it.

i hope

Dave's Bitch
07-04-2005, 01:17 PM
Steve had a stroke because of drugs and booze

Roy Munson
07-05-2005, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Fuck the G'n'R bit. I'd shell out $1000 for a reunited CVH easily. Although a classic G'n'R would make for a good opening act, certainly.

Dude! STFU!!! What if the brothers are reading this? Get ready for 1K ticket prices!!!!

:D

bueno bob
07-05-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Roy Munson
Dude! STFU!!! What if the brothers are reading this? Get ready for 1K ticket prices!!!!

Start saving :) I'll still pay it, lmao...

Redballjets88
07-05-2005, 01:31 PM
i would just sneak...the fine for a ticket for sneaking in would be less than the concert

Carmine
07-05-2005, 01:45 PM
I've seen the original G-N-R lineup opening for Aerosmith.

I have NEVER seen original Van Halen.

I would pay ANYTHING to see VAN HALEN and would hope that there not be an opening act. I'd want VH to play all night!

thome
07-05-2005, 01:52 PM
Adler blew his nervous system out speedballin he has trouble
lifting a cup of coffee.last i saw.

sammysucks65
07-05-2005, 02:24 PM
yea he cant really drum anymore..but matt sorum can hes with revolver now hes good..steve was only around for two of there albums right?

Bill Lumbergh
07-05-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by sammysucks65
yea he cant really drum anymore..but matt sorum can hes with revolver now hes good..steve was only around for two of there albums right?

Yeah, he IS on Civil War on Illusion 2 though.

sammysucks65
07-05-2005, 02:32 PM
didnt they have two drummers in a song.....i think i saw them with two drummers in a music video...maybe it was just an "illusion"...idk did they
?

thome
07-05-2005, 02:35 PM
I could look it up Im into the GnR but never followed that close
i do enjoy adler on the drums w/GnR more than the post adler
music Were is izzie he made a lot of what that band was no one
ever mentions him??

sammysucks65
07-05-2005, 02:41 PM
izzy was a good guitarist...not many people know but he was htere major song writer not axl...axl wrote the songs about his girlfriend(s) and a few including i used to love her...and such..he might have written estranged....but izzy does most of the song writing

Dave's Bitch
07-05-2005, 03:01 PM
yea izzy was a key part of GNR's success.they went downhill when izzy left

Roy Munson
07-05-2005, 03:36 PM
Steven Adler is a terrible drummer for sure. Matt Sorum smokes him. But, if you're going to do it you might as well give Adler the sticks and make it right.

Dave's Bitch
07-05-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Roy Munson
Steven Adler is a terrible drummer for sure. Matt Sorum smokes him. But, if you're going to do it you might as well give Adler the sticks and make it right.

Adler isnt terrible but i agree with you if they did have a GNR reunion they would have to have steve or it wouldnt be right.you need the appetite line up really

W*NK*R
07-05-2005, 03:40 PM
That sounds good but it would be more of a double headlining act.

Roy Munson
07-05-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Sammy's Bitch
Adler isnt terrible but i agree with you if they did have a GNR reunion they would have to have steve or it wouldnt be right.you need the appetite line up really

Maybe "terrible" is a bit harsh? Ok. How about bad? Dude, Slash originally intended the song "Always on the run" to be for GNR , but Adler couldn't make it feel funky enough so he gave the song to Lenny Kravitz.

If you can't make that simple-ass drum part feel funky and groovy YOU SUCK!

Dave's Bitch
07-05-2005, 04:04 PM
Adler isnt that bad,Sorum is just better

sammysucks65
07-06-2005, 10:20 PM
i never really knew much of alder except his drug abuse....he didnt have a huge impact he never had a big drum solo...well neither did matt...but. i like matt better hes a good guy.

steve had really simple music too..if he played more complex stuff maybe he'd be respected more...just like kiss...there music was too simple sometimes...none the less..they still kick ass

twonabomber
07-07-2005, 12:38 AM
inevitably Axl would be a cunt and not want to go on until midnight or whatever and the tour would collapse.

mentalpancake
07-07-2005, 01:12 AM
That would never happen. Ever.

It would be one hell of a show though. Goddamn it would be great!:D

Redballjets88
07-07-2005, 01:23 AM
it would suck bc axl would be a btich and refuse to open for VH and VH knowing they own GnR would never open

Bill Lumbergh
07-07-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by sammysucks65
izzy was a good guitarist...not many people know but he was htere major song writer not axl...axl wrote the songs about his girlfriend(s) and a few including i used to love her...and such..he might have written estranged....but izzy does most of the song writing

Izzy wrote the majority of the lyrics on "Appetite".

SNIPER
07-07-2005, 12:09 PM
There was just a magic with that first album and the line-up worked together. Adler's drumming style is what helped make it what it is. Matt could not have made it sound as we now know it. Matt is a better drummer but the style Adler gave to it at the time was fucking good.

Bill Lumbergh
07-07-2005, 12:28 PM
Matt was never anything but a hired gun(no pun intended) anyway. Adler was perfect for that band.

Dave's Bitch
07-07-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
Matt was never anything but a hired gun(no pun intended) anyway. Adler was perfect for that band.

if adler wasnt such a drugged up fool then matt wouldnt have been in GNR

Dave's Bitch
07-07-2005, 04:23 PM
mikey=stupido bastardo

i hate him so much

è ragazzo bum dei sammy

Terry
07-08-2005, 11:37 AM
I always enjoyed what Adler did on Appetite. Matt Sorum has always been a little overblown to me, in terms of his reputation. Adler DOES look a little fucked up these days, so maybe he might not be up to it.

Wouldn't be a case of GnR 'opening' for Van Halen, as it would be a package, co-headlining tour. But I'd definitely want GnR to go on first on CVH to go on last (hee hee).