PDA

View Full Version : If the Messiah ran for President, would ye vote for Me?

Jesus Christ
03-09-2004, 01:29 PM
Verily, if thy constitution were ammended to allow a foreign born person to become President of the United States, would you vote for Me?

Why or why not?

ELVIS
03-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Before I answer this question I want to say upfront that I am excluding FORD and his beliefs from the equasion...

The answer is YES!

Why? Because I know and believe Jesus is God in the flesh.. simple!

:elvis:

Ally_Kat
03-09-2004, 01:45 PM
i highly doubt the Lord would run for political office.

Jesus Christ
03-09-2004, 01:46 PM
Indeed I am God in the flesh, My son. But how does that mean that I would be a great President.?

John Ashcroft
03-09-2004, 01:46 PM
Doesn't Jesus already run our country? After all, it's not called "God's Country" for nothing...

Why do you think Europe (and the rest of the world) sucks so bad? It's quite clear God's on our side...

Jesus Christ
03-09-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
i highly doubt the Lord would run for political office.

Wouldn't "King of the Jews" be considered a political office? :)

Jesus Christ
03-09-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
Doesn't Jesus already run our country? After all, it's not called "God's Country" for nothing...

Why do you think Europe (and the rest of the world) sucks so bad? It's quite clear God's on our side...

Dad doesn't take sides, My son. And verily, if I ran this country, do ye think there would be so much rotting corruption in thy political parties?

And yes, I do mean both of them :mad:

ELVIS
03-09-2004, 01:48 PM
No.

John Ashcroft
03-09-2004, 01:53 PM
No to what? Europe sucking?...

ELVIS
03-09-2004, 01:55 PM
No I don't think there would be so much rotting corruption in THY political parties...

ELVIS
03-09-2004, 01:56 PM
..and Europe sucking...:D

Ally_Kat
03-09-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ
Wouldn't "King of the Jews" be considered a political office? :)

seperation of church and state ;)

ELVIS
03-09-2004, 02:00 PM
Hey Ally sweetheart.. Would you please post the original meaning of "seperation of church and state" ??

Please ??

I love you...:)

Ally_Kat
03-09-2004, 02:20 PM
flattery will get you no where Mr. Elvis :p

Ther was a rumor that the Congregationalist faith was going to become the national religion. People feared the persecution that had happened in England. The country was founded on a religious freedom principle and non-Congregationalists feared they would haveto adhere to this faith they were not apart of.

So good ol' Tommy J wrote a letter to some Baptists where he said that a wall separating church and state had been made with the 1st ammendment, meaning that there would never be an official state church like there was with, say, the Church of England. This way, you had the freedom to be any religion you wanted to, and not forced to join some church you didn't believe in because the gov't said it was the official one.

ELVIS
03-09-2004, 02:23 PM
:)

Ally_Kat
03-09-2004, 02:25 PM
Congregationalists are pretty cool. My dad's one

ELVIS
03-09-2004, 02:30 PM
I like ConGREGationalists because my name is in there...

Jesus Christ
03-09-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS

My name is in more churches than thine is :)

Ally_Kat
03-09-2004, 02:34 PM

LMAO! I saw that too! :o

Ally_Kat
03-09-2004, 02:35 PM
My name is in more churches than thine is :)

Your name just? Hell, you're nailed right in there for some of them.

baaad joke. i know :D

ELVIS
03-09-2004, 02:37 PM
Yes, I'm fighting self righteousness on a daily basis...

I believe in Jesus Christ!

John Ashcroft
03-09-2004, 02:41 PM
George Washington's vision (His own words)

"`I do not know whether it is owing to the anxiety of my mind, or what, but this afternoon, as I was sitting at this table engaged in preparing a dispatch, something seemed to disturb me. Looking up, I beheld standing opposite me a singularly beautiful being. So astonished was I, for I had given strict orders not to be disturbed, that it was some moments before I found language to inquire the cause of the visit. A second, a third, and even a fourth time did I repeat the question, but received no answer from my mysterious visitor except a slight raising of the eyes.

"`By this time I felt strange sensations spreading through me. I would have risen but the riveted gaze of the being before me rendered volition impossible. I assayed once more to speak, but my tongue had become useless, as though it had become paralyzed. A new influence, mysterious, potent, irresistible, took possession of me. All I could do was to gaze steadily, vacantly at my unknown visitor.

"`Gradually the surrounding atmosphere seemed to fill with sensations, and grew luminous. Everything about me seemed to rarefy, the mysterious visitor also becoming more airy and yet more distinct to my eyes than before. I began to feel as one dying, or rather to experience the sensations which I have sometimes imagined accompany death. I did not think, I did not reason, I did not move. All were alike impossible. I was only conscious of gazing fixedly, vacantly at my companion.

"`Presently I heard a voice saying, "Son of the Republic, look and learn," while at the same time my visitor extended an arm eastward. I now beheld a heavy white vapor at some distance rising fold upon fold. This gradually dissipated, and I looked upon a strange scene. Before me lay spread out in one vast plain all the countries of the world--Europe, Asia, Africa, and America. I saw rolling and tossing between Europe and America the billows of the Atlantic, and between Asia and America lay the Pacific. "Son of the Republic,' said the same mysterious voice as before, 'look and learn."

"`At that moment I beheld a dark, shadowy being, like an angel, standing, or rather floating in mid-air, between Europe and America. Dipping water out of the ocean in the hollow of each hand, he sprinkled some upon America with his right hand, while with his left hand he cast some on Europe. Immediately a cloud arose from these countries, and joined in mid-ocean. For a while it seemed stationary, and then it moved slowly westward, until it enveloped America in its murky folds. Sharp flashes of lightning gleamed through it at intervals, and I heard the smothered groans and cries of the American people.

"A second time the angel dipped water from the ocean, and sprinkled it out as before. The dark cloud was then drawn back to the ocean, in whose heaving billows it sank from view.

"`A third time I heard the mysterious visitor saying, "Son of the Republic, look and learn," I cast my eyes upon America and beheld villages, towns, and cities springing up one after another until the whole land from the Atlantic to the Pacific was dotted with them. Again, I heard the mysterious voice say, "Son of the Republic, the end of the century cometh, look and learn."

"`And this the dark shadowy angel turned his face southward. From Africa I saw an ill-omened specter approach our land. It flitted slowly over every town and city of the latter. The inhabitants presently set themselves in battle array against each other. As I continued looking I saw a bright angel on whose brow rested a crown of light, on which was traced the word "Union." He bearing the American flag. He placed the flag between the divided nation, and said, "Remember ye are brethren."

"`Instantly, the inhabitants, casting down their weapons, became friends once more and united around the National Standard. "`And again I heard the mysterious voice saying, "Son of the Republic, look and learn." At this the dark, shadowy angel placed a trumpet to his mouth, and blew three distinct blasts; and taking water from the ocean, he sprinkled it upon Europe, Asia, and Africa.

"`Then my eyes beheld a fearful scene. From each of these countries arose thick, black clouds that were soon joined into one. And through this mass there gleamed a dark red light by which I saw hordes of armed men. These men, moving with the cloud, marched by land and sailed by sea to America, which country was enveloped in this volume of the cloud. And I dimly saw these vast armies devastate the whole country and burn the villages, towns, and cities that I beheld springing up.

"`As my ears listened to the thundering of the cannon, clashing of swords, and the shouts and cries of millions in mortal combat, I heard again the mysterious voice saying, "Son of the Republic, look and learn." When the voice had ceased, the dark shadowy angel placed his trumpet once more to his mouth, and blew a long fearful blast.

"`Instantly a light as of a thousand suns shone down from above me, and pierced and broke into fragments the dark clouds which enveloped America. At the same moment the angel upon whose head still shone the word "Union," and who bore our national flag in one hand and a sword in the other, descended from the heavens attended by legions of white spirits. These immediately joined the inhabitants of America, who I perceived were well-nigh overcome, but who immediately taking courage again, closed up their broken ranks and renewed the battle.

"Again, amid the fearful noise of the conflict I heard the mysterious voice saying, "Son of the Republic, look and learn." As the voice ceased, the shadowy angel for the last time dipped water from the ocean and sprinkled it upon America. Instantly the dark cloud rolled back, together with the armies it had brought, leaving the inhabitants of the land victorious.

"`Then once more I beheld the villages, towns and cities springing up where I had seen them before, while the bright angel, planting the azure standard he had brought in the midst of them, cried with a loud voice: "While the stars remain, and the heavens send down dew upon the earth, so long shall the Union last." And taking from his brow the crown on which blazoned the word "Union," he placed it upon the Standard while the people kneeling down said, "Amen."

"`The scene instantly began to fade and dissolve, and I at last saw nothing but the rising, curling vapor I at first beheld. This also disappeared, I found myself once more gazing upon the mysterious visitor, who, in the same voice I had heard before, said, "Son of the Republic, what you have seen is thus interpreted.

Three great perils will come upon the Republic. The most fearful for her is the third. But the whole world united shall not prevail against her. Let every child of the Republic learn to live for his God, his land and Union. With these words the vision vanished, and I started from my seat and felt that I had seen a vision wherein had been shown me the birth, progress, and destiny of the United States."

Thus ended General George Washington's vision and prophecy for the United States of America as told in his own words.

Link: here (http://www.civil-liberties.com/books/colony13.html)

ELVIS
03-09-2004, 02:53 PM
Hmmm...

I need to read it again slowly.. Thanks for posting this!

knuckleboner
03-09-2004, 03:20 PM
hey, if i was going to vote for a convict, i'd have voted larouche in the presidential primary...;)

FORD
03-09-2004, 03:28 PM
George Washington also grew, and likely smoked, hemp. Maybe that contributed to his visions? http://www.diamonddavidleeroth.com/forums/images/smilies/bong.gif

Pink Spider
03-09-2004, 03:33 PM
I'd vote for Jesus, only if he chose Santa Claus as vice-president. ;)

Pink Spider
03-09-2004, 03:40 PM
George Washington's vision (His own words)

"`I do not know whether it is owing to the anxiety of my mind, or what, but this afternoon, as I was sitting at this table engaged in preparing a dispatch, something seemed to disturb me. Looking up, I beheld standing opposite me a singularly beautiful being. So astonished was I, for I had given strict orders not to be disturbed, that it was some moments before I found language to inquire the cause of the visit. A second, a third, and even a fourth time did I repeat the question, but received no answer from my mysterious visitor except a slight raising of the eyes.

"`By this time I felt strange sensations spreading through me. I would have risen but the riveted gaze of the being before me rendered volition impossible. I assayed once more to speak, but my tongue had become useless, as though it had become paralyzed. A new influence, mysterious, potent, irresistible, took possession of me. All I could do was to gaze steadily, vacantly at my unknown visitor.

"`Gradually the surrounding atmosphere seemed to fill with sensations, and grew luminous. Everything about me seemed to rarefy, the mysterious visitor also becoming more airy and yet more distinct to my eyes than before. I began to feel as one dying, or rather to experience the sensations which I have sometimes imagined accompany death. I did not think, I did not reason, I did not move. All were alike impossible. I was only conscious of gazing fixedly, vacantly at my companion.

"`Presently I heard a voice saying, "Son of the Republic, look and learn," while at the same time my visitor extended an arm eastward. I now beheld a heavy white vapor at some distance rising fold upon fold. This gradually dissipated, and I looked upon a strange scene. Before me lay spread out in one vast plain all the countries of the world--Europe, Asia, Africa, and America. I saw rolling and tossing between Europe and America the billows of the Atlantic, and between Asia and America lay the Pacific. "Son of the Republic,' said the same mysterious voice as before, 'look and learn."

"`At that moment I beheld a dark, shadowy being, like an angel, standing, or rather floating in mid-air, between Europe and America. Dipping water out of the ocean in the hollow of each hand, he sprinkled some upon America with his right hand, while with his left hand he cast some on Europe. Immediately a cloud arose from these countries, and joined in mid-ocean. For a while it seemed stationary, and then it moved slowly westward, until it enveloped America in its murky folds. Sharp flashes of lightning gleamed through it at intervals, and I heard the smothered groans and cries of the American people.

"A second time the angel dipped water from the ocean, and sprinkled it out as before. The dark cloud was then drawn back to the ocean, in whose heaving billows it sank from view.

"`A third time I heard the mysterious visitor saying, "Son of the Republic, look and learn," I cast my eyes upon America and beheld villages, towns, and cities springing up one after another until the whole land from the Atlantic to the Pacific was dotted with them. Again, I heard the mysterious voice say, "Son of the Republic, the end of the century cometh, look and learn."

"`And this the dark shadowy angel turned his face southward. From Africa I saw an ill-omened specter approach our land. It flitted slowly over every town and city of the latter. The inhabitants presently set themselves in battle array against each other. As I continued looking I saw a bright angel on whose brow rested a crown of light, on which was traced the word "Union." He bearing the American flag. He placed the flag between the divided nation, and said, "Remember ye are brethren."

"`Instantly, the inhabitants, casting down their weapons, became friends once more and united around the National Standard. "`And again I heard the mysterious voice saying, "Son of the Republic, look and learn." At this the dark, shadowy angel placed a trumpet to his mouth, and blew three distinct blasts; and taking water from the ocean, he sprinkled it upon Europe, Asia, and Africa.

"`Then my eyes beheld a fearful scene. From each of these countries arose thick, black clouds that were soon joined into one. And through this mass there gleamed a dark red light by which I saw hordes of armed men. These men, moving with the cloud, marched by land and sailed by sea to America, which country was enveloped in this volume of the cloud. And I dimly saw these vast armies devastate the whole country and burn the villages, towns, and cities that I beheld springing up.

"`As my ears listened to the thundering of the cannon, clashing of swords, and the shouts and cries of millions in mortal combat, I heard again the mysterious voice saying, "Son of the Republic, look and learn." When the voice had ceased, the dark shadowy angel placed his trumpet once more to his mouth, and blew a long fearful blast.

"`Instantly a light as of a thousand suns shone down from above me, and pierced and broke into fragments the dark clouds which enveloped America. At the same moment the angel upon whose head still shone the word "Union," and who bore our national flag in one hand and a sword in the other, descended from the heavens attended by legions of white spirits. These immediately joined the inhabitants of America, who I perceived were well-nigh overcome, but who immediately taking courage again, closed up their broken ranks and renewed the battle.

"Again, amid the fearful noise of the conflict I heard the mysterious voice saying, "Son of the Republic, look and learn." As the voice ceased, the shadowy angel for the last time dipped water from the ocean and sprinkled it upon America. Instantly the dark cloud rolled back, together with the armies it had brought, leaving the inhabitants of the land victorious.

"`Then once more I beheld the villages, towns and cities springing up where I had seen them before, while the bright angel, planting the azure standard he had brought in the midst of them, cried with a loud voice: "While the stars remain, and the heavens send down dew upon the earth, so long shall the Union last." And taking from his brow the crown on which blazoned the word "Union," he placed it upon the Standard while the people kneeling down said, "Amen."

"`The scene instantly began to fade and dissolve, and I at last saw nothing but the rising, curling vapor I at first beheld. This also disappeared, I found myself once more gazing upon the mysterious visitor, who, in the same voice I had heard before, said, "Son of the Republic, what you have seen is thus interpreted.

Three great perils will come upon the Republic. The most fearful for her is the third. But the whole world united shall not prevail against her. Let every child of the Republic learn to live for his God, his land and Union. With these words the vision vanished, and I started from my seat and felt that I had seen a vision wherein had been shown me the birth, progress, and destiny of the United States."

Thus ended General George Washington's vision and prophecy for the United States of America as told in his own words.

Link: here (http://www.civil-liberties.com/books/colony13.html)

George Washington the Deist. (http://www.positiveatheism.org/hist/quotes/washington.htm)

John Ashcroft
03-09-2004, 04:00 PM
Wa's up Pinky! Where've you been doll?

Pink Spider
03-09-2004, 04:15 PM
I have a life and stuff to do, unlike some people who spend too much time on here. ;)

Actually, I'm bored with the whole discussing poltics thing. There's rarely anything productive happening. It's just the same arguments and the same old disagreements.

But...still I find myself here, reading the same old arguments and the same old disagreements. :D

Little Texan
03-09-2004, 04:36 PM
Verily, if thy constitution were ammended to allow a foreign born person to become President of the United States, would you vote for Me?

Why or why not?

Depends on which Jesus Christ you're referring to, Jesus Christ, The Ford, or Jesus Christ, The Lord, in which case I'd vote for the latter.

Jesus Christ
03-09-2004, 05:19 PM
Why would I run against Myself? :confused:

Dr. Love
03-09-2004, 06:34 PM
I wouldn't vote for Jesus.

I mean, look what the guy stood for. The country would never go to war with any other country, ever. We'd just turn the other cheek, attack after attack and love them.

Jesus is good for religion, not good for politics.

And yes, I believe all the people involved in creating the United States, for the most part, were believers in Deism.

ELVIS
03-09-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
I wouldn't vote for Jesus.

I mean, look what the guy stood for. The country would never go to war with any other country, ever. We'd just turn the other cheek, attack after attack and love them.

You are incorrect sir...

Dr. Love
03-09-2004, 06:40 PM
Really? Howso?

I haven't heard too many of Jesus' views on the issues.

John Ashcroft
03-09-2004, 07:24 PM
Payback would be a bitch come apocalypse time...

YAWN
03-09-2004, 07:24 PM
I dunno, man. On the other hand, the Old Testament, I AM, Thou Shalt Not, Smite 'Em All and Let Me Sort 'Em Out God running for President, with Jesus as his VP to keep his wrath in check and Joshua as SecDef 'just in case'... now THAT I'd vote for. ;)

YAWN
03-09-2004, 07:26 PM
Besides, we'd keep losing the President three days at a time every time some smartass assassinated him "just to see".

Seshmeister
03-09-2004, 07:42 PM
[/B]

You missed a bit.

"I then felt a hardness within my breeks. Had I a lowly Englishman not managed to destroy the army of my king when we had only outnumbered them 10 to one. With my ardent desire I thought time to fuck some of those niggars that make my money for me. I went out to the slave quarters, some 200 out there maybe 80 glistening vaginas for me to plung myself into.

I couragously grabbed the first one by the hair and fucked her inferior ass as she screamed trying to get away from me. I always liked Ellie, cheap at the price. I struck her and she fell weeping as I grabbed her 12 year old ****** daughter and claimed her with my small sword of justice..."

John Ashcroft
03-09-2004, 07:46 PM
Drinking again Sesh?

Seshmeister
03-09-2004, 07:52 PM
Drinking in your history...:)

ELVIS
03-09-2004, 08:12 PM
Hmmm....

Satan
03-09-2004, 11:28 PM
Yes, I have 33% of the vote against JC!! :D

VOTE SATAN!!

Viking
03-09-2004, 11:39 PM
Well, FORD, since you're a heathen impersonator that dares presume to pretend you're the Son of God, then re-interpret The Scriptures and spout your version of it here, no, I wouldn't vote for you. :rolleyes: But I'd put a slug between your eyes if you tried to pollute my town with your self-serving blasphemy. Assuming that I wouldn't have to get in line to do it. :D

ELVIS
03-10-2004, 11:35 AM
That shut him up...

Jesus Christ
03-10-2004, 12:36 PM
1 John 4
1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.
15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
19 We love him, because he first loved us.
20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

ELVIS
03-10-2004, 01:04 PM
That doesn't mean Jesus is a pussy and doesn't bilieve in justice. Quite the contrary...

Dr. Love
03-10-2004, 01:14 PM
I still don't see how Jesus could wage war on other men. That would pretty much contradict all his teachings.

ELVIS
03-10-2004, 01:22 PM
Oops...

ELVIS
03-10-2004, 01:37 PM
You're right. I was starting to trust in my own understanding...

For Christians: No War: (http://biblia.com/jesusbible/joshua3b.htm)

Many Christians talk about a "Just War", but the Gospel of Jesus is the Gospel of Peace, there is no way in the New Testament to justify any bloody War... it is difficult to justify even the just, defensive war if one takes seriously the message of the Sermon on the Mount, which is the heart of the Gospel (Mat.5:28-42).

Jesus changed the whole attitude on warfare:
For a Christian, the answer to any war will be to "turn the other cheek"...To Peter, and to you and me, Jesus said: "Put your sword back in its place", because Jesus will bring the sword, Jesus will take care of you, because “vengeance is mine,” says the Lord (Mat.5:39, 26:52, Rom.12:19).

However, indeed there have been hundreds of wars made by Christians against Christians and against non-Christians... I am sure you are thinking about Ireland, Afghanistan, Iraq, the Crusades... the wars of France, Italy, Spain, Germany, England, USA... all Christian countries, and dozens more... and that's all wrong for Christians, even if it has been done for centuries!.

Actually, things are changing, even the Pope John Paul II is a pacifist at heart, an activist against war... with 137 documents against war just in the 3 months before the war of Iraq (January to March, 2003)... before the war, the Pope sent a cardinal to Washington to plead with President Bush not to attack, and another cardinal to Baghdad to press Saddam Hussein to cooperate completely with U.N. weapons inspectors.

This is what Jesus said and did:

In the Sermon of the Mount:
This Sermon, called the Constitution of Christianity, contains in Mat. 5 the "Law of Christ" of Gal.6:2. In it Jesus fulfilled the Law introducing several changes in Matthew 5:17-48.
One of them is about aggression, defense and war:
You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.'But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. (Mat.5:33-41).
No "eye for eye" in Christianity, but "turn the other cheek"... no revenge, no war... it is difficult to justify even the just, defensive war if one takes seriously the message of the Sermon on the Mount, which is the heart of the Gospel.
Just Love!... put the other cheek... he steals your tunic?, give him your cloak as well... it sounds incredible... impossible to follow... it is the Law of Christ, the Prince of Peace and of joy and of love... This is Christianity!.

At Gethsemane:
Jesus is telling us what he told Peter:
"Then they came up and laid hands on Jesus and seized him. And behold, one of those who were with Jesus stretched out his hand and drew his sword, and struck the slave of the high priest, and cut off his ear. Then Jesus said to him, "Put your sword back into its place; for all who take the sword will perish by the sword. Do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father, and he will at once send me more than twelve legions of angels?. But how then should the scriptures be fulfilled, that it must be so?"... "But Jesus said, "No more of this!" And he touched his ear and healed him." (Mat.26:50-54, Lk.22:51)...
The weapons Jesus left us are prayer and forgiveness, and love and service, trusting always in the Lord... never the sword, Jesus will bring the sword!.

Paul in Romans:
17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil... not "an eye for an eye", but "turn the other cheek", said Jesus.
19 Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: It is mine to avenge; I will repay, says the Lord. ("Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord", says in the King James Version).
20 On the contrary: If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. (Rom.12:17-21).

At Calvary, the same lesson:
Praying forgiveness for those who crucified him, "And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." (Lk.23:34).
Love and service and prayer and forgiveness were the weapons of Jesus, and love and service and prayer and forgiveness should always be the weapons of a Christian.

The Gospel is a Good News of Peace:
- It started in Bethlehem, with the announce of the angels: Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men (Lk.2:14, KJV).
- The first words of Jesus Resurrected: Peace be with you!... Again Jesus said, Peace be with you! (Jn.20:19,21,27).

And all of this, not only in wars between nations, but also in wars within the home, wars on our streets, wars in our culture, wars within the heart...
Life is not easy. Often, we cannot choose our circumstances, but we can choose how we respond to them...
If I am a Christian, I should respond as a Christian... and it is the very best way!... the best way to obtain sure victory, and to live in peace, with joy and love always... yes, it is the Christian way, to trust always in the Lord, the real faith in action... Vengeance is mine!, says the Lord (Rom.8:28-39).

Jesus never organized a war:
He never killed any one, and he never organized any kind of war to kill the evil-doers of his time, not anyone!.

Jesus fought with his words, in Matthew 23:
One of the most impressive chapters of the New Testament, with the seven strong woes for his enemies, the scribes and Pharisees.
Here is the seventh one: "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you are like whitewashed tombs, which outwardly appear beautiful, but within they are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness. So you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but within you are full of hypocrisy and iniquity." (Mt.23:27-28).
Yes, Jesus, with His attitude, taught Christians to fight back in self-defense and in defense of the truth... with very strong words!

Jesus fought also with his deeds, just with a whip out of cords: Not swords nor bombs, no blood shedding:
14 In the temple courts he found men selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money.
15 So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money-changers and overturned their tables.
16 To those who sold doves he said, Get these out of here! How dare you turn my Father's house into a market!
17 His disciples remembered that it is written: Zeal for your house will consume me. (Jn.2:14-15, Mat.21:12-13).
Yes, Jesus, with His attitude, also taught Christians to fight in defense of a good cause... but, again, he never used swords nor bombs!... never blood shedding!

Jesus said: Not peace, but division I brought:
49 I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!
51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division.
52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three.
53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law. (Lk.12:49-52, Mat.10:34-39).
Yes, Jesus came to bring fire on the earth: The preaching of the gospel, and the pouring out of the Spirit, holy fire... the sentence above mentioned, "turn the other cheek" is already fire in itself!... that's War!, but within ourselves.
And yes, Jesus did not come to bring peace, but division: The effect of just the preaching of the gospel will be division... it is not just a nice philosophy, but a life, a way of life... some will accept it, others no... and that will create division...but Jesus here is not advocating war... the way to answer any division for a Christian is not war, but "put the other cheek"!... a very divisive proposition!.

Revelation predicts a time of future warfare and judgment at the return of Christ. Just as God brought judgment in the Flood, and to Sodom and Gomorrah, and in ancient Canaan, so also has He promised judgment in the future, in the Battle of Armageddon of Rev.19:11-16... all the troops of the kings of the earth "were killed with the sword that came out of the mouth of the rider on the horse" (Rev.19:21).

God is still a God of "holy war." His patience is often misinterpreted as indifference. But God is not indifferent to sin. The wages of sin are still death. A day is coming when the world will reel and shake with "holy war" once again. This final herem will make Joshua's wars seem like a pea shoot next to a nuclear war!

But this is not a war of men against men... it is by the Sword of the Mouth of Jesus... Yes, have always faith in Jesus, Vengeance is mine!, He says (Rom.12:19).

:elvis:

BigBadBrian
03-10-2004, 02:57 PM

Why or why not?

No FORD, I still wouldn't vote for your moronic ass even when you are blaspheming God. :gulp:

DaveIsKing
04-17-2004, 09:58 PM
As an atheist I think religion is bunk, but I think Jesus Christ is so funny on this board, that he would get my vote for President because of the other two washed-up lame asses running.

Jerry Falwell
04-19-2004, 01:00 PM
Dad doesn't take sides, My son. And verily, if I ran this country, do ye think there would be so much rotting corruption in thy political parties?

And yes, I do mean both of them :mad:

The Blessings

Deuteronomy 28:1-14 If you fully obey the LORD your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations on Earth. All these blessings will come upon you and accompany you if you obey the LORD your God: You will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country. The fruit of your womb will be blessed, and the crops of your land and the young of your livestock--the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks. Your basket and your kneading trough will be blessed. You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out. The LORD will grant that the enemies who rise up against you will be defeated before you. They will come at you from one direction but flee from you in seven. The LORD will send a blessing on your barns and on everything you put your hand to. The LORD your God will bless you in the land he is giving you. The LORD will establish you as his holy people, as he promised you on oath, if you keep the commands of the LORD your God and walk in his ways. Then all the peoples on Earth will see that you are called by the name of the LORD, and they will fear you. The LORD will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands. You will lend to many nations but will borrow from none. The LORD will make you the head, not the tail. If you pay attention to the commands of the LORD your God that I give you this day and carefully follow them, you will always be at the top, never at the bottom. Do not turn aside from any of the commands I give you today, to the right or to the left, following other Gods and serving them.

The Curses

Deuteronomy 28:15-29 & 34 However, if you do not obey the LORD your God and do not carefully follow all his commands and decrees I am giving you today, all these curses will come upon you and overtake you: You will be cursed in the city and cursed in the country. Your basket and your kneading trough will be cursed. The fruit of your womb will be cursed, and the crops of your land, and the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks. You will be cursed when you come in and cursed when you go out. The LORD will send on you curses, confusion and rebuke in everything you put your hand to, until you are destroyed and come to sudden ruin because of the evil you have done in forsaking him. The LORD will plague you with diseases until he has destroyed you from the land you are entering to possess. The LORD will strike you with wasting disease, with fever and inflammation, with scorching heat and drought, with blight and mildew, which will plague you until you perish. The sky over your head will be bronze, the ground beneath you iron. The LORD will turn the rain of your country into dust and powder; it will come down from the skies until you are destroyed. The LORD will cause you to be defeated before your enemies. You will come at them from one direction but flee from them in seven, and you will become a thing of horror to all the kingdoms on Earth. Your carcasses will be food for all the birds of the air and the beasts of the Earth, and there will be no one to frighten them away. The LORD will afflict you with the boils of Egypt and with tumors, festering sores and the itch, from which you cannot be cured. The LORD will afflict you with madness, blindness and confusion of mind. At midday you will grope about like a blind man in the dark. You will be unsuccessful in everything you do; day after day you will be oppressed and robbed, with no one to rescue you. A people that you do not know will eat what your land and labor produce, and you will have nothing but cruel oppression all your days. The sights you see will drive you mad

Deuteronomy 28:59 & 61 If you do not carefully follow all the words of this law, which are written in this book, and do not revere this glorious and awesome name--the LORD your God--the LORD will send fearful plagues on you and your descendants, harsh and prolonged disasters, and severe and lingering illnesses. The LORD will also bring on you every kind of sickness and disaster not recorded in this Book of the Law, until you are destroyed.

Seshmeister
04-20-2004, 05:54 PM
As ever back to old testament to find the hate.

Cathedral
04-22-2004, 09:01 AM
I'd vote for Ford, but he isn't on the list so I gotta go with Nader...

rustoffa
04-22-2004, 08:50 PM
Make the "water into wine" a campaign promise and it's a done deal.

ELVIS
04-22-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
I'd vote for Ford, but he isn't on the list so I gotta go with Nader...

Are you on drugs ???

Jesus Christ
04-23-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Make the "water into wine" a campaign promise and it's a done deal.

Of course.... It saveth a great deal of money on fundraisers when ye don't have to purchase alcohol for the event.

Just regular tap water will do, but of course then I have to purify it first before changing it to wine.

Ye wouldn't want wine that tasted like chlorine bleach, would ye?

Jesus Christ
04-23-2004, 11:17 AM
Are you on drugs ???

Gregory, if FORD ever ran for office, he would have My blessing. For he hath realized the corruption that is present on both sides of thy country's political system. If ye cannot see that then perhaps I need to deliver you from drugs again?

Dr. Love
04-23-2004, 12:46 PM
Who are you running against? Santa Claus?

Dr. Love
04-23-2004, 12:47 PM
Or would he be in your cabinet along with the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy and Ralph Nader?

Ally_Kat
04-23-2004, 02:06 PM
dno't forget the boogie man

Jesus Christ
04-23-2004, 02:12 PM
Verily, I could appointeth Santa Claus as Secretary of State. Everybody loves the guy. Who better than to restore the relations with longtime allies that hath been destroyed by the reckless policies of the Son of Bush?

I do not thinketh a rabbit or a fairy would be accepted in cabinet positions. I suppose the Boogie Man could do well as the head of Homeland Security, for even he hath not promoted a culture of fear as much as Thomas whose surname is Ridge.

ELVIS
04-23-2004, 04:19 PM
Idiot...:rolleyes:

BigBadBrian
04-23-2004, 04:59 PM
Ford will never change. Like Ozzy says, you can't polish a turd. :gulp:

FORD
04-23-2004, 05:01 PM
Ozzy said that? I thought it was Butthead.

ELVIS
04-23-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Ford will never change. Like Ozzy says, you can't polish a turd. :gulp:

Yes he will.. He's gonna vote for Kerry...

FORD
04-23-2004, 07:49 PM
I will never vote FOR Kerry.

Dr. Love
04-23-2004, 08:09 PM
So in order to vote against Bush, you'll consider voting for a third party candidate instead?

Voting against Bush doesn't mean you have to do it by marking Kerry's name on the ballot.

ELVIS
04-23-2004, 08:14 PM
FORD can't be honest with us...

Remember.. the BCE is watching us...

:rolleyes:

Jesus Christ
04-23-2004, 08:17 PM
FORD can't be honest with us...

Remember.. the BCE is watching us...

:rolleyes:

So are My Dad and Me :)

Jesus Freak II
04-23-2004, 10:01 PM
Jesus,
Remember what happened last time you went up against an elitist council of inbred and corrupt "Whitewashed Tombs". I'd be afraid that the house, senate and activist judges might go Sanhedrin on the bit. I can just see Ted Kennedy gnashing his teeth and tearing his $4,000 suit. Then they would try to kill you again and now we'd all have to wear little electric chairs around our neck, too.
Although I do think another rampage of righteous anger through the senate turning over the tables of fat cat politicians and lobbyist money changers would be a refreshing sight.

Question: What has more skeletons than an Iraqi mass grave?

Answer: A politicians closet.
:mad:

Jesus Freak II
04-23-2004, 10:20 PM
echo echo echo echo...

ashstralia
04-23-2004, 10:22 PM
hi guys, i am very interested in your country's politics.
pardon my ignorance, but what does BCE stand for?
thanks.

FORD
04-24-2004, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by ashstralia
hi guys, i am very interested in your country's politics.
pardon my ignorance, but what does BCE stand for?
thanks.

Bush
Criminal
Empire

Practicing high treason against the American people since the 1930's....

Cathedral
04-24-2004, 04:03 AM
Are you on drugs ???

Every damn day, Dotors orders.................

I am not myself anymore...hell i have no clue who I see in the mirror every morning.
He's always a different dude I never met before.

Cathedral
04-24-2004, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Ozzy said that? I thought it was Butthead.

Actually it was the old dude who owned the salvage yard in the movie Christine...

ashstralia
04-24-2004, 04:14 AM
aha. thanx ford.
wonder why the computer nerd sammy lovin spammmers aren't here (yet)?

Other-defcon
04-28-2004, 04:25 PM
The politics suck, in France, and everywhere on Earth.
Corruption, lies, etc...
Read this above and you will easily understand, without any doubt,
why my vote goes to the Lord.
He's already my king, why not my president!

GAR
04-30-2004, 03:51 AM
I'd vote against Jesus cuz he doesn't do shit he says he'd do like come back with a trumpeting in the heavens.

I trumpet underwater in the tub all the time on command - if I say I'm farting in the tub, watch me: you'll see some bubbles.

Show me the bubbles, Adonai, and I'll show you my vote

Jesus Christ
04-30-2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by GAR
I'd vote against Jesus cuz he doesn't do shit he says he'd do like come back with a trumpeting in the heavens.

I trumpet underwater in the tub all the time on command - if I say I'm farting in the tub, watch me: you'll see some bubbles.

Show me the bubbles, Adonai, and I'll show you my vote

Verily, as it was written even back when I walked this earth, the exact day and hour of My return is known to none except My Father. Even I, the Son of Man, do not know. But I hath laid out the signs of My return in Matthew 24, and it would be wise to read the prophecies of Daniel, Ezekiel, and My servant John the Revelator as well.

My comeback tour will be in thy lifetime, My son. Of that ye can be certain. As for thy flatulance problem, I would recommend Beano, and would suggest ye eat less carbohydrates :)

FORD
06-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Bumpeth for the Messiah 2008 campaign ;)

Dr. Love
06-10-2007, 03:19 PM
Ford is a necromancer.

FORD
06-10-2007, 05:48 PM
Only for the Lord. :)

Nickdfresh
06-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Liberal pussy-wimp? Never!

Hardrock69
06-10-2007, 08:58 PM
Actually Satan, the Easter Bunny and Santa Clause have just as much of a shot at winning the election as Jesus does.

Also Fred Flinstone, Bugs Bunny, and Jessica Rabbit.

They are all works of fiction....

Angel
06-11-2007, 09:26 AM
IF Jesus existed....NO, I would not vote for Jesus. Religion & politics don't mix....