PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Think that Green Day Is a legititmate Rock Band?

Unchainme
07-05-2005, 11:26 PM
I'm starting to get convinced they are. Maybe its just the fact that everything in music today pretty much is either pop or Rap or Depressing Rock (System Of A Down Sucks). Anyone else find that Green day is starting to grow on them. please Don't Flame Me.

PELIBUS
07-05-2005, 11:28 PM
nope.
they're rubbish

tydhurst
07-05-2005, 11:33 PM
I don;t find them rock, i just find them a lot more enjoyable than the other crap nowadays. The kind of Pop Punk i can get on board with. It's not all aobut skatebording or how they're different than society.

Redballjets88
07-05-2005, 11:53 PM
they piss me off....

Panamark
07-06-2005, 02:12 AM
I always find that on first listening, with any of their songs, it sounds
like Ive heard it before. Like they are "borrowing" most of their
melodies from others.. But the singer does a fair American Johhny
Rotten type vocal, and there is distorted guitars involved. So its
not all bad...

LoungeMachine
07-06-2005, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Unchainme

please Don't Flame Me.

Fat Chance:rolleyes:

Legit Rock Band ????

Do they have a drum machine? NO

Do they use synths instead of guitars? NO

Do they "Milli Vanilli" their way through life? NO

Of course they're a fucking Rock Band. Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but big fucking deal:mad:

Know why Baskin and Robins carried 31 flavors???

BECAUSE WE ALL GET SICK OF CHOCOLATE EVENTUALLY :cool: :cool:

I like them. But a steady diet of it would be boring.

I hope this answers your burning question that has plaqued rock scribes through the ages;)

Big Train
07-06-2005, 02:57 AM
THey sell a LEGIT amount of records.

They are LEGIT, if very basic players.

What else do you need to know? I don't give a fuck about them, but they are doing the job.

I do wish there were more acts who at least played with some ounce of life, like this band does most of the time (although I'm starting to feel an Aerosmith like ballad phase coming on with them)..

The Scatologist
07-06-2005, 04:15 AM
they stopped being legit the instant they put on that eye liner to fit in with all the other bands.

Golden AWe
07-06-2005, 06:18 AM
they're ok...but not interesting enough for me to buy their albums...

superdave
07-06-2005, 08:37 AM
I don't care for them, but since there is nothing else good out there now, they sell, and are popular

Big Fat Sammy
07-06-2005, 11:33 AM
NO.

Terry
07-06-2005, 12:08 PM
Never saw the big deal with them back when Dookie was released. Pretty much the same thing today. Nothing astounding, song-wise or in terms of image. Has way more to do with pop than 'punk'.

Agreed that they may seem decent compared with the rubbish surrounding them on the radio, but that's not saying a hell of a lot. ANY cred they may have had with me went out the window with that gay 'Time Of Your Life' tune, although I bet that point was when Van Hagar fans started wishing for a Sam Halen/Green Day tour.

FORD
07-06-2005, 12:21 PM
My favorite Green Day album is still their second (indie) release "Kerplunk", but "American Idiot" is a very close second.

The album is a fucking masterpiece, lyrically,musically, politically , and otherwise. Not bad from a band who looked liked they were finished 2 or 3 years ago.

Carmine
07-06-2005, 12:31 PM
I've always liked Greenday. Nothing overwhelming, but enough so that I do buy their CD's.

There set at Woodstock, in Rome, NY, was legendary with all the mud flyin.

franksters
07-06-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by The Scatologist
they stopped being legit the instant they put on that eye liner to fit in with all the other bands.

unlike your idols THE DARKNESS, who are soooo original especially with their image...

franksters
07-06-2005, 04:39 PM
as for the question, I think they are the band of the decade( since no one else really rock) especially with their latest record.

I saw them in concert and they fuckin rock!!!

Warham
07-06-2005, 04:41 PM
If American Idiot weren't political in it's intent, do you think it would have gotten half the press it did? Hmmm, liberal rags like Rolling Stone...liberal rockers like Green Day...I'm not sure if there's a connection there.

If a rocker put out an album praising Dubya, I somehow don't think RS would give a shit.

hollywood5150
07-06-2005, 04:42 PM
I thought for sure they'd die out............I am really surprised they lasted this long..........

I dont like them............but give a lil cred.............that are still here

PHOENIX
07-06-2005, 04:54 PM
Of course they rock. I like them better than most of those shitty 80's hair bands.

DLR_EngineRoom
07-06-2005, 05:28 PM
I'm starting to get convinced they are. Maybe its just the fact that everything in music today pretty much is either pop or Rap or Depressing Rock (System Of A Down Sucks). Anyone else find that Green day is starting to grow on them. please Don't Flame Me.

I do. Green Day rocks! Period.

Last_Child
07-06-2005, 05:32 PM
I like the song Holiday...apart from that...I don't like em'...

The Scatologist
07-06-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by franksters
unlike your idols THE DARKNESS, who are soooo original especially with their image...

Unlike your Idols Green Day, Looking like that was their intent from day 1.

Really.

Did you have any accidents when you were a child?

Or maybe your neighborhood was a former toxic waste dumping facility?

BrownSound1
07-06-2005, 06:23 PM
I don't see what the big deal about them is...I mean really, the shit they're doing was done 30 years ago. So to sum it up I think they fuckin' suck monster dicks.

mentalpancake
07-07-2005, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
There set at Woodstock, in Rome, NY, was legendary with all the mud flyin.
That was a great performance.

The only album of theirs that I have is Dookie but it's a good album. I don't quite like any of the stuff that I've heard from American Idiot but anything before that isn't bad.

mentalpancake
07-07-2005, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Warham
If American Idiot weren't political in it's intent, do you think it would have gotten half the press it did? Hmmm, liberal rags like Rolling Stone...liberal rockers like Green Day...I'm not sure if there's a connection there.

If a rocker put out an album praising Dubya, I somehow don't think RS would give a shit.
And of course all the little fucking teenie-boppers hear that and decide that "Bush sucks" just because Green Day says so. I have nothing against George Bush or Green Day but it's just a stupid situation.

Nickdfresh
07-07-2005, 12:53 AM

Oh fuck off you homo.;) Most good rock is produced by left-wingers, such as PINK FLOYD, and the guys in your avatar. Would you use the term "liberal" to describe GREEN DAY's first release "DOOKIE?" I doubt political enters the opinion. The fact is, they've put out consistently good music that is well written and well crafted for over ten years now. There are few contemporary bands you can say that about. And what retards would put out an album praising DUBYA? Ted NUGENT? He's to busy adopting 17-year-olds to statutorily rape.:)

Nickdfresh
07-07-2005, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by mentalpancake
And of course all the little fucking teenie-boppers hear that and decide that "Bush sucks" just because Green Day says so. I have nothing against George Bush or Green Day but it's just a stupid situation.

What about the "teeny-boppers" I've seen wearing LED ZEPPELIN tee-shirts or listening to PINK FLOYD, and are influenced by their opinions and lyrics? I don't necessarily let muscisians or actors influence my political opinions either way, but the fact is that GREEN DAY made some fine art out of the politics of the IRAQ war.

Nickdfresh
07-07-2005, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by BrownSound1
I don't see what the big deal about them is...I mean really, the shit they're doing was done 30 years ago. So to sum it up I think they fuckin' suck monster dicks.

You can think that all you want, but the fact is they're the first punk band to release a thematic rock opera. And a lot of acts have done nothing new for 30 years, including Led Zeppelin or Aerosmith (they were ripping off old black blues artists, sometimes literally!).

Redballjets88
07-07-2005, 01:09 AM
green day sucks.....here is proof...they are a 3 person band...but whenever they play live the singer cant play their simplistic licks and sing at once so they just have a random guy stand in the back and play with them

FORD
07-07-2005, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by mentalpancake
And of course all the little fucking trailer-dwellers hear that and decide that "Bush rools" just because Toby Keith says so. I have nothing against George Bush or Toby Keith but it's just a stupid situation.

Good point ;)

FORD
07-07-2005, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
green day sucks.....here is proof...they are a 3 person band...but whenever they play live the singer cant play their simplistic licks and sing at once so they just have a random guy stand in the back and play with them

A lot of one guitarist bands will have an extra quitarist on the road. Some of them will just be dishonest about it and hide the guy behind the curtain. ZZ Top has been doing that for years.

Not because Billy Gibbons is a bad guitarist, but because they layer so many guitar parts on their records that one guy can't possibly reproduce it live.

Queen has used a "backup guitarist" for years and Brian May sure as Hell ain't no slouch.

In fact, at their tribute concert to Freddie Mercury in 1992, the stealth guitarist was none other than Black Sabbath's Tony Iommi.
http://www.black-sabbath.com/gallery/albums/tonyiommi/iommibm.sized.jpg

Not sure who they have on the current tour. Maybe it's the guy from Bad Company ? ;)

Nickdfresh
07-07-2005, 09:55 AM

So? It's because their music has become more complex and BILLY JOE has become more of a frontman. The fact that he sings a 10 minute plus epic-anthem ("The Jesus of Suburbia") straight through in concert tells me they have quite a bit of talent. How many singers do play guitar and sing at the same time?

I know EDWARD ("the human voice-box") VAN HALEN is a shining example of this.;)

LoungeMachine
07-07-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Oh fuck off you homo.;) Most good rock is produced by left-wingers, such as PINK FLOYD, and the guys in your avatar. Would you use the term "liberal" to describe GREEN DAY's first release "DOOKIE?" I doubt political enters the opinion. The fact is, they've put out consistently good music that is well written and well crafted for over ten years now. There are few contemporary bands you can say that about. And what retards would put out an album praising DUBYA? Ted NUGENT? He's to busy adopting 17-year-olds to statutorily rape.:)

FUCKING CLASSIC

:D

Hardrock69
07-07-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
THey sell a LEGIT amount of records.

They are LEGIT, if very basic players.

What else do you need to know? I don't give a fuck about them, but they are doing the job.

I do wish there were more acts who at least played with some ounce of life, like this band does most of the time (although I'm starting to feel an Aerosmith like ballad phase coming on with them)..

Agreed. At least they are not miming when they are onstage. Could be worse.

If there is a ballad phase coming on though it will be due to overt influence by the major label scum who tell them what to do.

Hardrock69
07-07-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by FORD
A lot of one guitarist bands will have an extra quitarist on the road. Some of them will just be dishonest about it and hide the guy behind the curtain. ZZ Top has been doing that for years.

Not because Billy Gibbons is a bad guitarist, but because they layer so many guitar parts on their records that one guy can't possibly reproduce it live.

You seen ZZ Top lately? If they get any slower and/or quieter onstage, they are going to become living statues.

Granted they are easily in their 50s now, but my Alan, they are so laid back that they are almost horizontal when playing onstage.

I long for the days when they would come out onstage and KICK MUTHAFUCKKING ASS!!!

But sadly, those days were over with by the early 80s.

I never knew there were any "hidden guitarists" on ZZ Top tours. I have seen every single tour since 1976, and had an all-access pass for their late 90's Antenna Tour, and never saw anyone else backstage or anywhere else playing guitar besides Billy. Not saying you are wrong, I just have never seen (or heard) anyone else play guitar at one of their shows.

Warham
07-07-2005, 04:30 PM

You haven't argued the point of my post. The fact is, their politics did help push the publicity.

Warham
07-07-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
FUCKING CLASSIC

Only if you're a liberal.

Bill Lumbergh
07-07-2005, 05:20 PM
Green Day? My wife loves em' ..........she's also a Hoobastank fan...........nuff said.

Dave's Bitch
07-07-2005, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by PELIBUS
nope.
they're rubbish

LOL very well said :)

Nickdfresh
07-07-2005, 09:05 PM
You haven't argued the point of my post. The fact is, their politics did help push the publicity.

You didn't make any points in your post, which amounted to that fact that you didn't like them because they were "liberals." Then go jack off to your TOBY KEITH/TED NUGANT BUSH sycophant fagathon. That's an opinion, not a point. You either get it or you don't.

The DOORS, HENDRIX, THE DEAD, LED ZEPPELIN, and many other great bands were mildly subversive counter-culture icons. Their message may be dated, but it was never pro-gov't.

But, as I stated in another post, GREEN DAY has existed for over ten years now. Their longevity and the fact they can put out a greatest hits album speaks for itself.

PELIBUS
07-07-2005, 09:15 PM

You're right, they really suck and are just a fucking marketing product.

PELIBUS
07-07-2005, 09:24 PM
I've been reading that the guy sings and plays guitar at the same time,
this is amazing, he can go to a circus or something the, he can also be presented as "Billy Gibbons, The Monochord Composer".

thome
07-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Lets make a SEX PISTOLLS wannabee Fag Band and Sing anti this or that music OOKKAYYY Hee Heee .
Mass tekweeella is just so important to today in ROCK HISTORY
Anti this no substance waste of talent were not Anti social but
little kids will think were KKKOOOOLL Holllow drivvell.
Waste of semi good play this sex pistol album on TOP FORTY
Hollow Vacant back blast not to loud not to agressive Sid nancy!!

PELIBUS
07-07-2005, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by thome
Lets make a SEX PISTOLLS wannabee Fag Band and Sing anti this or that music OOKKAYYY Hee Heee .

YOU ROCK!! FIVE FOR THOSE WORDS.

LoungeMachine
07-07-2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by FORD

Damn straight:cool:

I have a nice Range Rover in my driveway thanks to this very same practice.

Scotty from TYFF has toured w/ REM in the same capacity.

LONG LIVE ROCK AND ROLL

WABOi
07-08-2005, 12:45 AM
I got into them when Dookie was released. I seem to remember there being a bit of controversy over Green Day tring to be the new Beastie Boys. I could never see why the comparison? Have any of you seen any of the Beasties playing a instrument?

To me, any band that plays their own instruments is a "real" band. I think your question should have been "are they a GOOD band?" the answer is hell yeah!

diamondsgirl
07-08-2005, 01:04 AM
i hate this fuckin band and if i hear that gad damned walk alone song one more time I'm going to go bolistic

LoungeMachine
07-08-2005, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
i hate this fuckin band and if i hear that gad damned walk alone song one more time I'm going to go bolistic

bolistic?

wtf?

could you mean ballistic ???

:confused:

diamondsgirl
07-08-2005, 01:19 AM
bolistic?

wtf?

could you mean ballistic ???

:confused:

sorry I didn't study for this weeks vocab test

http://www.jabrocks.com/Tommy%20G's/fuck%20off.JPG

LoungeMachine
07-08-2005, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
[B]sorry I didn't study for this weeks vocab test

obviously:cool:

Roy Munson
07-08-2005, 11:25 AM
Green Day sucks....but!!!!

Billy Joe has some smokin' guitar tone. I don't know what Bob Bradshaw does to his Marshalls but they sound sweet.

Another thing....

I just saw ZZ Top a couple of weeks ago and they FUCKING ROCKED! THERE WAS NO EXTRA GUITAR PLAYER BACKSTAGE EITHER - Just Billy G. cranking out the blues like a DAWG. Awesome band.

Antman
07-08-2005, 08:40 PM
I never liked them. Are they legit? Sure they are. They sell out their shows and sell millions of albums. Just don't call them punk. Same goes for Blink 182, Sum 41, Good Charlotte, etc. They're all fake punk, just pop bands with bad hair and worse tattoos. Real punks would eat those pussies for breakfast and shit them out at lunch. Rancid is a real punk band, but no one hears about them because they're not sellouts. Another reason why I don't like Green Day is because to me, they started that whiny rock. All these news "punk" bands all whine instead of sing, or yell. JMO.

Nickdfresh
07-08-2005, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Antman
I never liked them. Are they legit? Sure they are. They sell out their shows and sell millions of albums. Just don't call them punk. Same goes for Blink 182, Sum 41, Good Charlotte, etc. They're all fake punk, just pop bands with bad hair and worse tattoos. Real punks would eat those pussies for breakfast and shit them out at lunch. Rancid is a real punk band, but no one hears about them because they're not sellouts. Another reason why I don't like Green Day is because to me, they started that whiny rock. All these news "punk" bands all whine instead of sing, or yell. JMO.

I'll agree they are no longer punk rock really. They moved beyond that into a band that's been influenced by punk as opposed to a punk band. The same could be said for U2, The CLASH, or The WHO, and I realize The WHO were around before punk and influenced the genre.' But they did so without ever totally being called a punk band. And anyone who questions BILLY JOE's guitar ability should download this boot:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=46434

Or this one:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=47604

Warham
07-08-2005, 10:47 PM
You didn't make any points in your post, which amounted to that fact that you didn't like them because they were "liberals." Then go jack off to your TOBY KEITH/TED NUGANT BUSH sycophant fagathon. That's an opinion, not a point. You either get it or you don't.

The DOORS, HENDRIX, THE DEAD, LED ZEPPELIN, and many other great bands were mildly subversive counter-culture icons. Their message may be dated, but it was never pro-gov't.

But, as I stated in another post, GREEN DAY has existed for over ten years now. Their longevity and the fact they can put out a greatest hits album speaks for itself.

I never said I didn't like them, Nick. I own Dookie, as a matter of fact. And I don't like Ted Nugent, so another assumption that's incorrect, as usual.

Yeah, I did make a point. I said they got more press than they would normally because this album has an anti-Bush political slant to it. Rolling Stone shot their wad when they heard it. Did their albums Insomniac, Nimrod or Warning get this much press? No.

DrMaddVibe
07-08-2005, 10:54 PM
Green Day...Rock?

STFU!

They SUCK!

Nickdfresh
07-08-2005, 11:20 PM
I never said I didn't like them, Nick. I own Dookie, as a matter of fact. And I don't like Ted Nugent, so another assumption that's incorrect, as usual.

Yeah, I did make a point. I said they got more press than they would normally because this album has an anti-Bush political slant to it. Rolling Stone shot their wad when they heard it. Did their albums Insomniac, Nimrod or Warning get this much press? No.

I actually do like some TED NUGENT:) And so what? a lot of Rock can be interpreted as political. Did you ever hear U2's 1992-93 ZOOTV tour intro featuring "We Will Rock You" with GEORGE BUSH Senior on vocals.:p Excellent!;) They used to call him too, or would try to during the concert. Rebellion and satire is a natural part of Rock & Roll. GD never once mentioned Bush during the any part of the album, the criticism is nonspecific and not directed solely at Bush, but his enablers as well.

And furthermore, their album was released at the high water mark of the mindless BUSH popularity run before the GULF WAR II started and before everything went to shit, they were actually flamed a lot for taking an "unpatriotic" stand...Remember the DIXIE CHICKS? If merely making anti-BUSH statements insured popularity and sales, where the fuck are they these days? I haven't heard a peep in a while. In fact, they probably destroyed their career.

And politics is a tradition in the punk scene, ever hear of The CLASH or THE SEX PISTOLS? Did you wet yourself when Johnny ROTTEN ripped the QUEEN mum? The reason why GREEN DAY "gets this much press" isn't that they talk political smack, it's because they talk political smack and can back it up.

Nickdfresh
07-08-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Green Day...Rock?

STFU!

They SUCK!

Bullshit! They have a Grammy, longevity, and multi-platinum sales...They can no longer be so easily dismissed, their songs are as loud and rock as hard as any of the jack-off hair bands of the 80's. Their music contains as many power chords as Van HALEN and they are all very good muscians. You can not like them, but they far from suck.

LoungeMachine
07-08-2005, 11:28 PM
Green Day...Rock?

STFU!

They SUCK!

How many records did you sell again ??

The Thread title [as lame as it was] was Are they legititmate [sic]

Who the fuck cares if YOU think they "suck" ?

They're a bona fide ROCK AND ROLL BAND, recording, touring, and going to the BANK.

And with more zeros on their checks than you'll ever see:cool:

academic punk
07-08-2005, 11:38 PM
Green day, Shmreen Day, let's talk about Clinton's Oval Office blowjobs!!!

Warham
07-08-2005, 11:45 PM
Bullshit! They have a Grammy, longevity, and multi-platinum sales...They can no longer be so easily dismissed, their songs are as loud and rock as hard as any of the jack-off hair bands of the 80's.

You mean like a band that Lounge would have been a member of back then?

DrMaddVibe
07-08-2005, 11:51 PM
How many records did you sell again ??

The Thread title [as lame as it was] was Are they legititmate [sic]

Who the fuck cares if YOU think they "suck" ?

They're a bona fide ROCK AND ROLL BAND, recording, touring, and going to the BANK.

And with more zeros on their checks than you'll ever see:cool:

Fuck you!

How many did YOU sell?

They're a fucking shell of a punk band. You're too stupid to know the difference.

You don't know what I have and where I have it...keep dreaming and pretending to be something you're not!

LoungeMachine
07-08-2005, 11:52 PM
You mean like a band that Lounge would have been a member of back then?

you DICK:D ;)

LoungeMachine
07-08-2005, 11:53 PM
Fuck you!

How many did YOU sell?

They're a fucking shell of a punk band. You're too stupid to know the difference.

You don't know what I have and where I have it...keep dreaming and pretending to be something you're not!

okay:cool:

LoungeMachine
07-08-2005, 11:54 PM

And YOU'RE too stupid to read a THREAD TITLE :D

Please point out where it says: ANYBODY THINK GREENDAY IS A PUNK BAND

dumbass:cool:

Warham
07-08-2005, 11:55 PM
you DICK:D ;)

ha ha!

Nick threw me a softball.

By the way, I like Green Day. I haven't had a chance to pick up their last record. I'm still listening to my CCR and Lovin' Spoonful cds.

LoungeMachine
07-08-2005, 11:56 PM
ha ha!

And you parked it;)

DrMaddVibe
07-08-2005, 11:57 PM
If you want to believe they're a rock band then go right ahead.

If you don't want to believe that they're a wanna be punk band then go right ahead.

Either way they suck.

Unchainme
I actually do like some TED NUGENT:) And so what? a lot of Rock can be interpreted as political. Did you ever hear U2's 1992-93 ZOOTV tour intro featuring "We Will Rock You" with GEORGE BUSH Senior on vocals.:p Excellent!;) They used to call him too, or would try to during the concert. Rebellion and satire is a natural part of Rock & Roll. GD never once mentioned Bush during the any part of the album, the criticism is nonspecific and not directed solely at Bush, but his enablers as well.

And furthermore, their album was released at the high water mark of the mindless BUSH popularity run before the GULF WAR II started and before everything went to shit, they were actually flamed a lot for taking an "unpatriotic" stand...Remember the DIXIE CHICKS? If merely making anti-BUSH statements insured popularity and sales, where the fuck are they these days? I haven't heard a peep in a while. In fact, they probably destroyed their career.

And politics is a tradition in the punk scene, ever hear of The CLASH or THE SEX PISTOLS? Did you wet yourself when Johnny ROTTEN ripped the QUEEN mum? The reason why GREEN DAY "gets this much press" isn't that they talk political smack, it's because they talk political smack and can back it up.

I did love it when they did do the george Bush We Will Rock You Rock, Awesome they are very witty band like the time they remixed Pop Muzik on stage.

LoungeMachine
ha ha!

By the way, I like Green Day. I haven't had a chance to pick up their last record. I'm still listening to my CCR and Lovin' Spoonful cds.

Don't forget the Guess Who:cool:

Badfinger

Ever hear any Mugwumps ?

Zal, John, Denny, and Cass:cool:

Nickdfresh
07-09-2005, 12:04 AM
ha ha!

Dude, if you can bit torrent, go to those links. They play most of their new material and they sound great in concert. (It's an FM recording).

And the truth is, only one song is really specifically anti-Bush "political," and that's "HOLIDAY." The rest is sort of abstract and general.

And one other thing I like about Green Day, the production value on "AMERICAN IDIOT" is amazing.

Nickdfresh
07-09-2005, 12:06 AM
I did love it when they did do the george Bush We Will Rock You Rock, Awesome they are very witty band like the time they remixed Pop Muzik on stage.

I should put that through "You send it." It's fucking hysterical.

Warham
07-09-2005, 12:07 AM
I agree with you on the abstraction. It's just enough to get people to think in that direction.

LoungeMachine
07-09-2005, 12:08 AM
If you want to believe they're a rock band then go right ahead.

If you don't want to believe that they're a wanna be punk band then go right ahead.

Either way they suck.

I'm sure they're crushed you don't like them:D

Probably kill themselves now.:cool:

And they ARE a "rock band", Gump :rolleyes:

duh.

Warham
07-09-2005, 12:09 AM
Don't forget the Guess Who:cool:

Badfinger

Ever hear any Mugwumps ?

Zal, John, Denny, and Cass:cool:

Oh yeah, Badfinger was cool. 'Day After Day' is a killer ballad. Harrison produced and played slide. Damn depressing history though.

I have heard of the Mugwumps. ;)

Nickdfresh
07-09-2005, 12:10 AM
I'm sure they're crushed you don't like them:D

Probably kill themselves now.:cool:

And they ARE a "rock band", Gump :rolleyes:

duh.

Yeah, I'm sure BILLY JOE is wiping his eyes and blowing his nose while weeping over it (with big fucking royalty checks).:D

LoungeMachine
07-09-2005, 12:11 AM
I agree with you on the abstraction. It's just enough to get people to think in that direction.

I'll take the subtle "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" over OVERT political bands anyday.:cool:

They should shred " For What It's Worth"

;)

LoungeMachine
07-09-2005, 12:13 AM
Yeah, I'm sure BILLY JOE is wiping his eyes and blowing his nose while weeping over it (with big fucking royalty checks).:D

GD Band Meeting:

Management: Guys, we've been going over the books, and we can't count on Dr. ASSVibe's 16 cents royalties

BJ: That's it. BANG

MD: Hey man, nice shot

TC: Who get's BJ's shares now?

:cool:

thome
07-09-2005, 12:25 AM

thats it thats it thats it thats it.... What I said

Crack dealers make money LOU GEE.. but it and you.. AINT RITE

Your description of talent based on sales
You love Brittany Spears---- EXTREEM TALENT ---- too huh ???

LOO ZERR!

LoungeMachine
07-09-2005, 12:59 AM
thats it thats it thats it thats it.... What I said

Crack dealers make money LOU GEE.. but it and you.. AINT RITE

Your description of talent based on sales
You love Brittany Spears---- EXTREEM TALENT ---- too huh ???

LOO ZERR!

Warning to Parents!!!!!!!!

Don't let this happen to YOUR children

Mr. Yukk says, lock up the cleaners and paint:mad:

DrMaddVibe
07-09-2005, 12:08 PM
Notice what search engines classify them as?

Big Train
07-09-2005, 12:29 PM
I quote the great Frank Zappa: Talking about music is like dancing about art.

Vinnie Velvet
07-14-2005, 08:17 AM
Green Day sucks donkey balls.

Next question.