Clear All
  • Ally_Kat
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Schumer: We Are Going To War

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX WED JULY 06, 2005 11:09:22 ET XXXXX

SEN. SCHUMER CAUGHT ON CELLPHONE: 'WE ARE GOING TO WAR' OVER SUPREME COURT

**Exclusive**

Senate Judiciary Committee member Chuck Schumer got busy plotting away on the cellphone aboard a Washington, DC-New York Amtrak -- plotting Democrat strategy for the upcoming Supreme Court battle.

Schumer, promised a fight over whoever the President’s nominee was: “It's not about an individual judge… It's about how it affects the overall makeup of the court.”

Schumer was overheard on a long cellphone conversation with an unknown political ally, and the DRUDGE REPORT was there!

Schumer, chairman of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, proudly declared, “We are contemplating how we are going to go to war over this.”

Schumer went on to say how hard it was to predict how a Supreme Court justice would turn out: “Even William Rehnquist is more moderate than they expected. The only ones that resulted how they predicted were [Antonin] Scalia and [Ruth Bader] Ginsburg. So most of the time they've gotten their picks wrong, and that's what we want to do to them again.”

Schumer later went on to mock the “Gang of 14” judicial filibuster deal and said it wasn’t relevant in the Supreme Court debate.

“A Priscilla Owen or Janice Rogers Brown style appointment may not have been extraordinary to the appellate court but may be extraordinary to the Supreme Court.”

By the time the train hit New Jersey, Schumer shifted gears and called his friend and “Gang of 14” member, Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham. The two talked in a very friendly manner about doing an event sometime this week together.

Developing…

Roth Army Militia
  • Ally_Kat
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

This guy is a snake; This is something he would do. Man, I don't care if he's replaced with another Democrat, I just want him replaced. He's so two-faced it isn't funny.
    Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Guitar Shark
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Ah, the Drudge Report... that bastion of journalistic integrity and neutrality.
      ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
      Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
        This guy is a snake; This is something he would do. Man, I don't care if he's replaced with another Democrat, I just want him replaced. He's so two-faced it isn't funny.
        SCHUMER has very high approval ratings in NY. He's a "snake?" you'd have thought he lied to get us into war or something!

Just tell people there are WMD's involved and they'll gladly hop along....

Comment

• Ally_Kat
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          SCHUMER has very high approval ratings in NY. He's a "snake?" you'd have thought he lied to get us into war or something!

Just tell people there are WMD's involved and they'll gladly hop along....
          He has a high approval rating cuz he shows up at ever lil parade and kisses ass in public.
          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

He has a high approval rating cuz he shows up at ever lil parade and kisses ass in public.
            And does quite a bit for our state, unlike those that shortchange us on Homeland Security funds.

I'd actually like to see SCHUMER make a run at the Presidency, but it's too early for that yet.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Had Rehnquist retired, as was expected given his recent health, an appointment of a right wing extremist judge to replace a right wing extremist judge would have been expected, and as long as the nominee was qualified, probably would have been an easy confirmation.

But this is different. While O'Connor was one of the Felonious Florida Five who installed Junior as pResident, and while her own preference for him winning that election was announced loudly at a party on election night 2000, her voting has not always been in line with the BCE agenda. To call her a "moderate" would be reasonable, at least by the standards of what passes for "moderate" these days.

Apparently Reagan (the messiah of conservatism) didn't have a problem with thes "moderate" leanings. Apparently Poppy Bush didn't either. Junior should do the right thing, and replace O'Connor with a similar judge, not another right wing extremist.

The Supreme Court must remain balanced for the good of the country.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                The Supreme Court must remain balanced for the good of the country.
                Since when does the "good of the country" matter to this administration?

Bush will appoint a true conservative, you'll see.
                ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                  And does quite a bit for our state, unlike those that shortchange us on Homeland Security funds.

I'd actually like to see SCHUMER make a run at the Presidency, but it's too early for that yet.
                  you ever meet him?
                  Roth Army Militia

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                    Since when does the "good of the country" matter to this administration?

Bush will appoint a true conservative, you'll see.
                    Oh, I'm sure he will try. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he DID try to appoint Ann The Man.

Shit, he's tried to cash in on appointing blacks and hispanics, (and accusing opponents of those appointments of being "racist") why not the first transgendered Supreme Court Justice??

I was basically agreeing with Schumer that there is a fight coming, and that there should be.

Except the usual suspects Bayh, Biden, Landrieu, Nelson, etc won't fight at all.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                      Oh, I'm sure he will try. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he DID try to appoint Ann The Man.

Shit, he's tried to cash in on appointing blacks and hispanics, (and accusing opponents of those appointments of being "racist") why not the first transgendered Supreme Court Justice??

I was basically agreeing with Schumer that there is a fight coming, and that there should be.

Except the usual suspects Bayh, Biden, Landrieu, Nelson, etc won't fight at all.
                      I think there will be a big fight. I love how the media is portraying Gonzales as a "moderate" conservative. ROFL! If he's considered moderate, then O'Connor is a fucking hippie.
                      ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

I think there will be a big fight. I love how the media is portraying Gonzales as a "moderate" conservative. ROFL! If he's considered moderate, then O'Connor is a fucking hippie.
                        As long as Roe v. Wade is history...I'm happy.

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                          As long as Roe v. Wade is history...I'm happy.

Strangely enough, that wouldn't bother me too much.

But I think it's unlikely that they'll outlaw abortion outright. They'll probably just leave it up to the individual states.
                          ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Strangely enough, that wouldn't bother me too much.

But I think it's unlikely that they'll outlaw abortion outright. They'll probably just leave it up to the individual states.
                            That's what I've been thinking would happen if it should ever get overturned.
                            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

you ever meet him?
                              No, but there have been a lot of politicians I have never met. My sister in law met KERRY and said he was kind of a dick.

Have you?

Comment

Working...