• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Guitar Shark
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Dave to Replace Howard Stern??

'Diamond Dave' To Replace Howard Stern?

Rumors that onetime Van Halen singer David Lee Roth will succeed WXRK/New York-based morning host Howard Stern in New York and in several other cities have spread furiously throughout the industry. Stern's move to Sirius in January 2006 has yielded much speculation about possible successors to the self-proclaimed "King of All Media," and the talk regarding Mr. Roth — who has been a fill-in host at Infinity stations in the past — first came to light at steppinoutmagazine.com in a piece written by Chauncé Hayden. Hayden is the publisher of Steppin' Out magazine and a frequent guest on Howard Stern's show.

The online report reads, "Howard Stern's successor has been found! It's none other than '80s rocker David Lee Roth. Infinity Broadcasting isn't commenting and Roth has been asked to keep mum until it's officially announced. But an inside source at Infinity has confirmed the signing. Roth auditioned for the job both in L.A. and Boston and got very positive feed back from listeners. Roth has been running ads in trade publications looking for a producer 'for a huge radio show.' Roth is said to be taking over for Stern in early September, three months before the shock jock's contract is due to expire."

When contacted by R&R for comment, Infinity VP/Communications Karen Mateo said, "Yes, Roth has appeared on our stations in LA and in Boston. We are looking at a number of different personalities to replace Howard Stern. However there are no imminent announcements at this time."
    ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.
  • bobgnote
    Banned
    • May 2005

Isn't there a tour hangup?

Guess that means giving up on recovering diamond sales skills.

Bet any Dave-RADIO doesn't last. Anyway, E! runs a Jenny McCarthy show now. DAVE needs to ship some diamonds. But when, eh.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Interesting....But I was hoping he'd make music again.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

I hope it's not true.

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Chaunce doesn't know jack shit.

Dave could still tour. once he has enough radio shows in the can they could run Best Of for the week. hell, Jay Leno still does standup on the weekends. think of the get-togethers we could have if we knew Dave would only be doing weekend gigs...
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• academic punk
            Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Roth is fucking FIFTY. He just had knee surgery, and is apparently limping during his sets. He deserves a job where he can just sit the fuck down already.

And, hey, how cool would that be for him? He can smoke a little in his office before the show begins, just get on, and freewheel.

Let's face it: his concerts HAVE to be stale for him at this point: he's been doing the same set for a million years already!

This should be fun listening, and I look forward to it.

Comment

• DLR kicks ass
              Groupie
              • Apr 2005

academic punk;;; Roth is fucking FIFTY. He just had knee surgery, and is apparently limping during his sets. He deserves a job where he can just sit the fuck down already.

And, hey, how cool would that be for him? He can smoke a little in his office before the show begins, just get on, and freewheel.

Let's face it: his concerts HAVE to be stale for him at this point: he's been doing the same set for a million years already!

This should be fun listening, and I look forward to it.

hEY Punk this is for you!

Comment

• DLR7884
                ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR kicks ass
                hEY Punk this is for you!
                What is for him?

DLR7884
                ?
                Originally Posted by WARF:
                DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2004

the suspense is killing me...
                  “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• HaywoodJablomi
                    Roth Army Recruit
                    • Jun 2005

Just saw a piece about Dave replacing Stern on Fox's National News Channel. The guest said he had it from a VERY good inside source at Infinity Broadcasting, so who knows. The idea seems to be catching steam.

Really not sure how I feel about it yet. On one hand it has SERIOUS potential, on the other hand I'm not sure I'd wish being the first one to "replace" Stern on anyone. If they threw in the E! show, I'd be all for it! I'm imagining all of the barely bikini clad ideas ideas Dave could come up with RIGHT THE FUCK NOW!!!

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Chaunce Hayden is a suckass whose reporting is questionable at best.

The radio biz blows....DLR would be wise to steer clear.

I, too, had hoped he would cuntinue making music.
                      Originally posted by perilouspete
                      fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Panamark
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

I think I can safely represent all international Roth fans in saying I hope this isnt true !
                        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• franksters
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2004

I think this could benefit Dave's career, create some kinda hype and also bring him money... lot's and lot's of money...

let's face it Dave will never stop doing music but right now he needs to revamp is act and the process as already been started. media needs to know that he is still around and ready for action, maybe this will get him some t.v. interview and some good exposure, that he needs badly.

I think we will all benefit from that job if it comes trough because once he gain a little recognition for the industry and a little cash, new connection and so on, an album will emerge and sales might be better, of course the show will go on!
                          SUMMER'S JUST
                          AROUND
                          THE CORNER!

[IMG]
                          http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...rs/2wbthcw.jpg

Comment

• fenway5150
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                            Chaunce doesn't know jack shit.

Dave could still tour. once he has enough radio shows in the can they could run Best Of for the week. hell, Jay Leno still does standup on the weekends. think of the get-togethers we could have if we knew Dave would only be doing weekend gigs...
                            Exactly. It would give Dave a ton of publicity and possibly help with his music career. One would feed off of the other if the radio show did well.
                            "To keep up with me, you must be fast. To sing like me, you must be great. To beat me? You must be kidding!"
                            - DLR, 2004

Comment

• lafours
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Apr 2004

Dave is good at radio...obviously really good if infinity is thinking of hiring him....repalcing Howard will be tough..but getting that job is a HUGE testimony to Dave's talents behind the mic....and like anything else DLR won't half ass it and if his show goes into syndication Dave could regain huge poularity and be making lots of cash.... this is a big deal.

Comment

Working...