PDA

View Full Version : It's Official!!!!!!!!!!!

academic punk
07-08-2005, 09:46 AM
Mazel Tov, Dave!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050707/en_nm/media_stern_dc

academic punk
07-08-2005, 09:48 AM
shit...no, it's still rumor.

Feel free to close as a dupe thread...

In the future, I promise to read more than just the headline...

Carmine
07-08-2005, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by academic punk

hahaahhaa, AP..its cool...You have had one Mudda Fucka of a week, bro!!

moose
07-08-2005, 10:14 AM
Thank God it's a rumor, let CVH do their thing first then Dave can go on the radio.

EmpyreLounge44
07-08-2005, 10:15 AM
but if this is in fact true...doesnt it mean the death of him as a touring act?

JuniorsGrades
07-08-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44
If it is true hopefully he'll have something in his contract that says he can tour with VH if the opportunity comes up.

Carmine
07-08-2005, 10:40 AM

No way. Roth by Day...Diamond Dave by night.

what waz zat
07-08-2005, 10:46 AM
It would be cool if he does it. I'm sure he will get freedom in any kind of contract do still do shows/tours. He could take the radio show on tour ! That would be a first

steve
07-08-2005, 10:49 AM
I listened to all the tapes of Dave's Boston show.

Dave was great.

I think, though, that his best radio was when he kept it a little more serious, got a little pissed off, and got political. The funniest thing he said the whole week was when they were talkin' about Terry "S" and he went into his contingiency plan for what he'll do if he ever becomes a vegetable (calling his sisters wimps, etc.). The lawyer, the wheelchair, getting to the Netherlands...Freaking hilarious.

If Dave tries to do too much of his vaudeville-schtick, it will get real old real fast.

I think what his personality needs...what the show would need....is a good foil.

Take Dave's breakdown in Unchained where TT says, "Gimmie a break"...the criticism completes the moment, and makes it funny.

Perhaps a route could be the David Sedaris setup and do a show with his sister.

steve
07-08-2005, 10:49 AM
It DID make the front page of Yahoo, though...tis somethin'.

fe_lung
07-08-2005, 11:04 AM

Why? There's always re-runs (Best of Dave) and remotes.... Can you imagine a day-by-day/blow-by-blow live account of life on the road!!

Matt White
07-08-2005, 11:10 AM
ALL DAVE ALL NIGHT...WE KNOW WHAT YOU NEED

Kelly_Clark
07-08-2005, 11:24 AM
And I guess thats that...

Whatever makes Dave happy.

At least it does say that they are not looking for "one personality" to replace Stern... so that leaves lots of possibilities for Dave to do what Dave does... which is whatever the hell he wants, whenever the hell he wants... and how.

:cheers:

EmpyreLounge44
07-08-2005, 11:34 AM
by one personality to replace stern i am pretty sure that means he will not be fully syndicated like stern...just a couple of markets, if that. i kinda of read that he would be stern's replacement in NYC and thats it.

Guitar Shark
07-08-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by academic punk

T

Kelly_Clark
07-08-2005, 11:40 AM
I read that too... and to me, its still leeway. The difference between being syndicated and taking over a coupla shows is like the difference between marriage, and a live in lover. Big difference to some, same difference to others.

But they only thing you know with this guy is that ya never know.

academic punk
07-08-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
T

My point exactly!!!

MUSICMAN64
07-08-2005, 08:50 PM
I think its cool. Dave's come full circle.

Antman
07-08-2005, 09:08 PM
Like the article says, no one person can replace Stern. He can hire Jackie the Broke Man for his show.

Polk High
07-08-2005, 09:32 PM
I always thought stern was overrated I think roth would be better and I'm not just saying that. Roth is a smarter person and has a better personality/history.

Polk High
07-08-2005, 09:33 PM
NEW YORK (Billboard) - Infinity Broadcasting isn't commenting on an online report penned by a former Howard Stern Show regular that suggests David Lee Roth will be one of the personalities that ultimately replaces the ribald DJ on the airwaves.

ADVERTISEMENT

Chaunce Hayden, a gossip and celebrity writer for New York/New Jersey entertainment guide SteppinOutMagazine.com, writes that "an Infinity source has confirmed the signing."

In February, the Securities and Exchange Commission reportedly questioned Hayden about possible insider trading of shares in Sirius Satellite Radio. Hayden was in Stern's studio Oct. 6, 2004, the day Stern announced his plans to move to Sirius in January 2006. The news drove up Sirius shares by 16% at the close of that day's trading.

What is certain is that Roth is among many entertainers that Infinity has auditioned on-air since Stern's bombshell announcement last year. Infinity executives have repeatedly made it clear that they are not looking for a singular personality to succeed Stern.

In April, Infinity president of programing Rob Barnett told Billboard Radio Monitor he was working with Roth in Boston at classic rock station WZLX. "The station has kind of turned the town on its ear with cab drivers, waiters and waitresses and employees of Barnes & Noble talking about this amazing guy on the radio," Barnett said. "It's an example of just being able to surprise and entertain your listeners without necessarily giving them the exact same menu every day." In Boston, Stern is heard on Infinity modern rock station WBCN.

The Diamond Dave-as-morning-man idea actually sprung from an Infinity station 3,000 miles away. VP of FM talk Jack Silver put Roth on the air for three hours earlier this year at KLSX Los Angeles, which Silver programs. "We were so taken by that performance that we created a stunt here in Boston to give classic rock listeners the opportunity to hear him all week long," Barnett said in April.

Infinity chairman and CEO Joel Hollander said in February, "One thing you should expect not to happen, is one person to be dropped in to replace (Stern) at 27 radio stations."

While Stern's contract is set to end Dec. 31, 2005, Hayden says that Roth will hit the airwaves in early September. Asked to comment on the Roth rumor, an Infinity spokesperson said, "We are looking at a number of personalities to replace Howard Stern, however there are no imminent announcements at this time."

Roth has two summer concerts on his schedule: July 15 in Sarnia, Ontario, and July 29 in Redding, Calif.

VonHalen
07-14-2005, 05:56 PM
i agree

bueno bob
07-14-2005, 05:58 PM
It's difficult to say whether or not it's going to be succesful. Will your average dumbfuck John Q Public American be able to identify (or understand) David and his sense of humor?

Should be interesting to find out...wait and see...