PDA

View Full Version : THE PITTSBURGH Sports CHATTER

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

FORD
02-08-2006, 08:04 PM
The Seahawks made mistakes, but even WITH those mistakes, they had an outright touchdown and a tackle at the 1 yard line, which would have likely converted on the next play.

And in fairness,
i'll assume Pittsburgh would have scored on the play after the one where Roethlisberger did NOT score (by his own admission.

That still leaves a 24-21 ball game if not for the crooked refs.

So I don't hold anything against the Steelers or their fans. I expect you guys to root for your team.

But I want Leavy's head on a fucking pike. If they can ban Pete Rose from baseball for life, then that bastard should never see the inside of a football stadium again.

Let alone in a zebra outfit.

Unchainme
02-08-2006, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
Quit kissing ass.

Okay how is wearing a Seahawks Avatar kissing ass?, I've hated the steelers since I was little and it wore it to root for The Seahawks. Would've probably done the same with the Panthers, or If The Bears had made it.

bueno bob
02-08-2006, 08:51 PM
As for the bad calls, that's exactly right. It wasn't that the calls directly robbed the Seahawks of a victory. It's that the bad calls seemed to partly take the wind out of their sails. I still don't really believe they would have necessarily won the game if it weren't for them.

I'm inclined to agree - partially. I quit watching the game halfway through the 4th, but at the last I was watching, it seemed like Seattle pretty much had given up.

I think that some bogus calls went against them, and it wrecked their game. The Steelers got away with some things they shouldn't have, yeah...and it hurt Seattle and wrecked their focus...

I have NO doubt that, had Seattle kept playing the game they were playing at the start of the 1st, CALLS OR NO, the end result would have been a lot different.

Seattle turned into shit after the half and the Steelers played as bad as they could to win, and it's all revolving around the officiating...Seattle got some HARD calls against them and it hurt them BADLY...I think, to an extent, that they kinda gave up.

I think it's bullshit, personally, but...there's always next year. If they can keep their focus, keep their edge and keep get back to the Bowl, they'll be a little more familiar to the general public...calls might go their way...hell, the shutdown this year may be all the drive they need to go back and do it right next year.

They'll get their trophy, sooner or later...

bueno bob
02-08-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
Okay how is wearing a Seahawks Avatar kissing ass?, I've hated the steelers since I was little and it wore it to root for The Seahawks. Would've probably done the same with the Panthers, or If The Bears had made it.

Who are you kidding?

You're kissing somebody's ass every time you post.

Unchainme
02-08-2006, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Who are you kidding?

You're kissing somebody's ass every time you post.

What The Fucks everybody's problem from the pen today?

bueno bob
02-08-2006, 08:58 PM

We're all a bunch of fucks, haven't you noticed?

bueno bob
02-08-2006, 08:58 PM
lmao

Unchainme
02-08-2006, 08:59 PM
We're all a bunch of fucks, haven't you noticed?

not since today, no.

bueno bob
02-08-2006, 09:00 PM
Well, a heads-up is in order, then...

lmao

I just hate Rikk because he's threatening to change my American Idol, Coffee and Farewell threads into a "Why Bueno Bob is Gay" trilogy...

...and it MAKES ME SO MAD! :mad:

bueno bob
02-08-2006, 09:01 PM
Oh, and I hate Bill Lumbergh because he's so gay...

Other than that, I'm feeling pretty cheery though :)

Rikk
02-08-2006, 09:09 PM

http://ask-nanny.com/images/p_cry.jpg

Unchainme
02-08-2006, 09:10 PM
http://ask-nanny.com/images/p_cry.jpg

Didn't you do the same thing with MAX Except it was a different pic.

bueno bob
02-08-2006, 09:10 PM
Is that your new avatar suggestion?

lmao.....

:D

bueno bob
02-08-2006, 09:12 PM
Seriously, unchainme...you oughta make it your avatar for a week...lmao...just because it's funny...

:)

Unchainme

lmao.....

I'm going with Aerosmith as my Avatar, Love ROCKS 'Tis a grate album.

bueno bob

NO! Use the crybaby!

Rikk
02-08-2006, 09:13 PM
Didn't you do the same thing with MAX Except it was a different pic.

You don't ANALYZE an insult!:mad: You respond to it with another insult!!:mad:

Now fight for yourself, for Christ's sake!!:mad:

Rikk
02-08-2006, 09:13 PM

lmao.....

Until he starts to fight for himself, fuck yeah.

Rikk
02-08-2006, 09:14 PM

OK...no offense to any posters from Utah, but you're not doing the "'Tis" thing now, are you?

And yes, ROCKS is a great album. NOBODY'S FAULT is one of the best hard rock songs ever laid down on tape in the 1970s.

Unchainme
02-08-2006, 09:17 PM
OK...no offense to any posters from Utah, but you're not doing the "'Tis" thing now, are you?

And yes, ROCKS is a great album. NOBODY'S FAULT is one of the best hard rock songs ever laid down on tape in the 1970s.

No It was sarcasm Rikk, Jesus Christ bro. Rocks is my Favorite Aerosmith album of all time. I like all of Classic Aerosmith's Albums, EVerything post 1985 is okay at best Everything post 1993 is absolute shit.

Unchainme
02-08-2006, 09:19 PM
Anyways lets move this to the pen, I am sure Pojo is not happy with us screwing up this thread.

(And NO Goddamnit I am not trying to sound like an Asskisser.)

POJO_Risin
02-08-2006, 09:23 PM
Woah...

I can agree that the wind went out of their sails...I've got no problem with that...

1. Seattle scripts 15 plays...the first 15 plays WERE working...after that...THEY CHANGED THEIR PLAY CALLING! Sorry...officiating...bad or good...in a close game...doesn't change plays that are working. They stopped throwing the five yard out...and the Steeler corners WEREN'T moving up...that was a Holmgren mistake.

2. If...and I don't buy it...but IF Seattle sucked so bad in the 2nd half based SOLEY on having their wind taken out of their sails...which is only HALF the truth...then they shouldn't even have been there...period. Holmgren should be held responsible for why the blew ass...no more...no less. He set the tone with his whining from the fucking second Roeth didn't get in...until 3 days later. Fact of the matter is this...had he just shut his fucking piehole, focused on the game...stopped whining like a bitch to the officials...and not looked like he was getting a wooden stick shoved up his ass the rest of the game...and actually set the tone of us against the world...they'd have probably perservered. Instead...he whined...and moaned...and bitched...and complained...and acted like a fucking gigantic pussy. And his team fed right into that. Jesus Christ...on the sideline...Hasselbeck looked like Holmgren's kid...and he'd just had his favorite toy taken away. Getting fired up to win is one thing...getting fired up because someone took your football is another. Cowher complains...no doubt about it...but it's a play by play thing. And if something doesn't go his way...he reams the official...but as soon as the next play starts...he's standing by someone...telling them the ref and the opposing QB is trying to rape his mother...and to fucking kill the both of them.

Case in point...the Indy game...the worst call in the history of football...Cowher flew out of his clothes he was so pissed off...but got right back in the faces of his team...the wind went out of their sails...Indy scored...but he was fucking in their faces. Indy gets the ball back...and fucking Pittsburgh jams it down their throat...2 sacks...and if not for the Bettis fumble...would have iced the game.

Point?

Holmgren set the tone. Yeah...the refs fucking blew ass...but last I knew...the Super Bowl wasn't a 7 game series...and if you can't stay focused enough to fucking win...even if you're getting the shaft...then buy a Starbucks...and shut the fuck up...;)

Jennifer Love Hewitt...has fantastic tits...

Sarge's Little Helper
02-08-2006, 09:23 PM
Why the fuck is CRAIG STADLER coaching the fucking Seahawks? FIRE THE FUCKING WALRUS!

GROUND CHUCK RULES!

Unchainme
02-08-2006, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Woah...

Yes most Defintly :)

POJO_Risin
02-08-2006, 09:28 PM
We aren't really going to turn my Steeler thread into a fucking flame war are we?

Rikk
02-08-2006, 09:31 PM
100%. That's half the point there. Holmgren whining like a baby was sending his own team a message: LOOK GUYS, THE OFFICIALS ARE CAUSING US TO LOSE THIS GAME. I'M SCREAMING SO LOUDLY BECAUSE IF I DON'T, WE'RE FUCKED. And they bought into that. Totally.

That call in the Indy game was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. That was a textbook interception. There didn't even seem to be any question, and the Coach's Challenge was a formality because they'd be criticized the next day if they didn't do it. But for it to actually happen? I remember laughing when it was challenged. And when it went through, and they almost tied it up...man, even the officials were bitching that Pittsburgh was just robbed. And what did Cowher do? He yelled, shook his head a bit...and then acted like they could win the game anyway. And they did.

I was angry at the end of that game. And they won.

Seahawks fans are angry because the team lost. Plain and simple. Not one person has been able to concretely explain how the Seahawks were precisely robbed.

Bad plays come with the territory. Suck it up, I say. The Seahawks just fucked up. Much worse than Pittsburgh did. And Pittsburgh had a QB with a minor injury. And Cowher rightfully kept him in because he thought it was shake it up even more to pull him out.

Not a good game. And not a completely fair one. But not unfair enough to cause the wrong team to win.

And certainly not the robbery that the Indy game was feet away from being with that fuckin' field goal attempt.

Uncle Rico
02-08-2006, 09:31 PM
POJO - it's all about the flame wars here at the army. How long have you been here.

As for the Super Bowl. I was wathcing NAPOLEON DYNAMITE when it was on.

HELLVIS666
02-08-2006, 09:40 PM

HELL YES!!!

Va Beach VH Fan
02-08-2006, 09:43 PM
Yo Va...nobody's disputing anything that you said...I agree with it all...

but much like the interception that wasn't in the Indy game...that still has to rate as the worst call in the history of football...

a couple of shit calls can work on a team's psyche...

My point is just that it's unfortunate that in such a BIG game...the focus has turned to the referee's sucking ass...because...well...THEY sucked ass...

For once...the calls went the way I want them to go though...

but as a team...if you aren't ready for bad calls...then you should be playing semi-pro ball in Meadville...

As if I expected you to disagree.... ;)

POJO_Risin
02-08-2006, 09:46 PM
Uncle Rico...

do I know you from a past life?

I think I do...

Well bro...if it's who I think it is...

good to see you...

and the correct question you should have asked is...

how long HAVEN'T you been here...;)

Good to see you...

Romeo Delight
02-08-2006, 09:50 PM
100%.
Seahawks fans are angry because the team lost. Plain and simple. Not one person has been able to concretely explain how the Seahawks were precisely robbed.

Bad plays come with the territory. Suck it up, I say.

I've said myself that Pittsburgh made big plays and Seattle didn't.

That is the difference. But...You could also say that Seattle's big plays were ripped from them, and that would also be true.

A phantom hold on the longest run in Superbowl history and we are talking about how Pittsburgh didn't make the big plays.

One call the other way, and we have a whole different game.

Instead, we are talking about how Seattle is a bunch of whiners and that they didn't deserve to win.

Waaay to much shit went down to make it that simple. It is true, but it is unfuckingbelievable that NFL said today that right calls were made.

Usually they are pretty honest about officiating mistakes, and that game was an abomination.

Roeth made plays, good for him.

POJO_Risin
02-08-2006, 09:58 PM
I'm not an official...but after Hasselbeck threw that ball...it LOOKED like holding...I was screaming holding as a matter of fact...it looked like Haggans was going to flatline Hasselbeck...and got stalled...IT LOOKED like a holding...

and I'm willing to bet more than half the people bitching about the phantom hold were thinking..."Shit...that was a hold..."

We had the opportunity to see it in replay...the refs didn't.

Now...it was a bad call...

and...there were a few of those bad calls...

if you look at them singly...they don't look all that bad...

Pass Interference...probably a bad call...but he DID put his hand on the receiver when he made his cut...

The Phantom Hold...that LOOKED like a hold...but turned out to be a great block...

the TD call for Pittsburgh...that...I don't care what anyone says...is a judgement call...no matter which way you look at...

the cut tackle was a blatant fuck up...

and I'm probably forgetting something...

again...if you look at each of those singly...you really CAN say...they weren't the worst call I've seen...

you put them together...and it looks like a fucking folly...

If I were a Seattle fan...I would be bitching...

but Holmgren owed it to his team to try to win...not go back in time...

HELLVIS666
02-08-2006, 10:10 PM
So you think you can stop Ward
I dare you to try

HELLVIS666
02-08-2006, 10:30 PM
And Fast Willie's gone
in the blink of an eye

HELLVIS666
02-08-2006, 10:37 PM
And let's not forget.........

Antwaan Randle El is the devil up Bill Cower's sleeve

SRK
02-08-2006, 10:58 PM
PROOF: BEN SCORES http://www.970theburgh.com/main.html

ALSO........http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/news/story?id=2322687

The NFL defends refs calls.... and Ben did score the TD ....so lets get over it Seattle....THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS ARE THE WORLD CHAMPS

POJO_Risin
02-08-2006, 11:12 PM
http://www.camcojb.com/sbXVtd.jpg

LoungeMachine
02-08-2006, 11:25 PM
Pojo & Co. was right, I was wrong.

Flojo even called the score I believe.

Fuck the bad officials. It's the NFL

New Fucking Lenses = their motto

We had plenty of opportunities to overcome bad calls. We choked.

And the Stones BLEW.

Mick should NEVER be allowed to sing Start Me Up live again without an oxygen tent nearby. The fucker is always playing catch up.

Wait 'til next year motherfuckers

LMMFAO

POJO_Risin
02-08-2006, 11:28 PM
;)

You LM...

I concur with you about the Stones...

although it appeared to me as though Ron and Keith were playing a different song...then Mick was singing...

they were absolutely terrible...

I'd take terrible Stones though 1,000 times before Janet Jackson or WigSync...tit or no tit...

LoungeMachine
02-08-2006, 11:34 PM
;)

You LM...

I concur with you about the Stones...

although it appeared to me as though Ron and Keith were playing a different song...then Mick was singing...

they were absolutely terrible...

I'd take terrible Stones though 1,000 times before Janet Jackson or WigSync...tit or no tit...

Agreed, but jeezuz titty fucking christ.....with THAT catalog of great songs.......that's what they play????:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

" I don't want to be 40 and still playing Satisfaction" - MJ

Keep it up Mick, you're about to double it. :D

out.:cool:

Rikk
02-09-2006, 01:47 AM
Ha ha. I didn't think the Stones were actually that bad. It was just good to see a band playing that I respected. Mind you, McCartney was much better the year before. And it didn't help that the two guitars weren't in tune with each other. And it didn't help that the three songs chosen were extremely unimaginative material, considering their whole career. If they wanted to still play hits AND be interesting at the same time, they could have done STREET FIGHTING MAN, RUBY TUESDAY and then BROWN SUGAR to keep the masses happy.

START ME UP is a fun little song, but it's not exactly a prime piece of songwriting and has been overplayed so much over the years. To top it off, the damn song is an outtake from SOME GIRLS...and I still think there was a reason it took two more albums before it was finally mixed and released. Good song, but not one of their fucking greatest.

MAX
02-09-2006, 01:52 AM
I already said it in another thread in Music but The Stones fuckin' rocked. They were stripped down, no dancers and huge ensemble, just them bein' The Stones. Mick sounded like a million bucks. The stage was stellar too. :cool:

Romeo Delight
02-09-2006, 02:39 AM
If they wanted to still play hits AND be interesting at the same time, they could have done STREET FIGHTING MAN, RUBY TUESDAY and then BROWN SUGAR to keep the masses happy.

Street fighting Man is probably my favourite Stones tune.

Fucking NFL has got their panties in such a twist since Janet's wardrobe debacle and the ensuing uproar (it's just a nipple!!) they would worry they might incite a riot.

Something tells me if the NFL censored the song Satisfaction that Brown Sugar might have to be an instrumental:

Gold coast slave ship bound for cotton fields,
Sold in a market down in new orleans.
Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
Hear him whip the women just around midnight.
Ah brown sugar how come you taste so good
(a-ha) brown sugar, just like a young girl should
A-huh.

Drums beating, cold english blood runs hot,
Lady of the house wond’rin where it’s gonna stop.
House boy knows that he’s doin’ alright.
You should a heard him just around midnight.
(a-ha) brown sugar, just like a black girl should
A-huh.

I bet your mama was a tent show queen, and all her boy
Friends were sweet sixteen.
I’m no schoolboy but I know what I like,
You should have heard me just around midnight.

(a-ha) brown sugar, just like a young girl should.

I said yeah, I said yeah, I said yeah, I said
Oh just like a, just like a black girl should.

I said yeah, I said yeah, I said yeah, I said
Oh just like, just like a black girl should.

Ohhhh yeah...made for prime time! :D

ODShowtime
02-09-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Fuck the bad officials. It's the NFL

We had plenty of opportunities to overcome bad calls. We choked.

Always cool Lounge. You waited until you could compose a sensible, intelligent answer instead of bitching and moaning like other Seattle fans. Always a class act.

Your boys will get one if they keep up. That loss will teach them much!

And the Stones BLEW.

Mick should NEVER be allowed to sing Start Me Up live again without an oxygen tent nearby. The fucker is always playing catch up.

I can never say the Stones blow (maybe in the mid 80s), but they didn't capture my attention on Sunday. And I love the Stones! More important business was at hand I guess. That said it was still the coolest SB halftime show ever. Except the one with the 3-D Elvises.:cool:

Va Beach VH Fan
02-09-2006, 08:40 PM
Alright God dammit, this won't be turned into a fucking Stones thread....

ODShowtime
02-09-2006, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by DavidFlamma
Hear him whip the women just around midnight.
(a-ha) brown sugar, just like a young girl should

Yeah... good point. That song's a little tasteless. Maybe Rocks Off would be better...

ODShowtime
02-09-2006, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

Sorry...

I passed out when I stood up to yell when Parker broke the big one, that was pretty cool.

I woke up and someone stole my towel. No bullshit. :confused:

Va Beach VH Fan
02-09-2006, 08:46 PM

Well, there ya go....

Best shot I've seen yet....

Va Beach VH Fan
02-09-2006, 08:50 PM
Got my 1st Super Bowl champs T-shirt today, courtesy of a co-worker who was in the 'Burgh for the game....

LMFAO, went a little nuts online with knicknacks...

You name it, SI offer, DVD, program, T-shirts, etc....

Fuck it, I was fucking 15 the last time they won the SB....

LoungeMachine
02-09-2006, 08:53 PM
Well, there ya go....

Best shot I've seen yet....

Let.
it.
Be.

You guys won. Haven't you heard? It's been in all the papers. ;)

Nuthin' worse than sore winners :D

LoungeMachine
02-09-2006, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by MAX
I already said it in another thread in Music but The Stones fuckin' rocked. :

:rolleyes:

You're on crack.

The Stones can Rock.

And when they're on , there's nobody who can touch 'em.

But when they suck, they suck like joey t. after a 3 day house arrest.

They SUCKED. Which means Maxi either has a tin ear, or is on Utah brownstone. ;)

Va Beach VH Fan
02-09-2006, 08:58 PM
You ain't fucking serious....

Me let it go ???

Have you just glossed over the 150 posts in this thread fucking whining about the calls, 100 of which were because of that play ???

I'm just saying that it confirms what I've been saying all week long, that it was a TD....

Beyond that, yeah I agree, I wish everyone else would let it be.....

LoungeMachine
02-09-2006, 08:59 PM

Wouldn't have been great had they played Sweet Neo Con and dedicated it to Chimpy, at home choking on pretzels.

Beggar's Banquet or Sticky Fingers?

Exile on Main Street or Some Girls?

discuss

Va Beach VH Fan
02-09-2006, 09:01 PM
You're lucky I'm in a good mood.... ;)

LoungeMachine
02-09-2006, 09:01 PM

Have you just glossed over the 150 posts in this thread fucking whining about the calls, 100 of which were because of that play ???

Yes, I have. :cool:

Didn't read a single one.

Don't care to rehash what's already been flushed.

Out.

LoungeMachine
02-09-2006, 09:02 PM
You're lucky I'm in a good mood.... ;)

LMMFAO [ literally]

Va Beach VH Fan
02-09-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Yes, I have. :cool:

Didn't read a single one.

Don't care to rehash what's already been flushed.

Out.

I did after the game, about 10 pages worth....

With a good buzz... :D

Replying an hour late...

Pojo was cracking up....

Va Beach VH Fan
02-09-2006, 09:23 PM
More good news for the Stillers....

Now to restructure some contracts and sign those free agents...

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/steelerslive/s_422359.html

Whisenhunt to stay with Steelers

By Joe Bendel
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, February 9, 2006

The agent for Ken Whisenhunt told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review today that his client has removed his name from consideration for the head coaching job with the Oakland Raiders and will remain the offensive coordinator for the Steelers.

Whisenhunt met for most of Wednesday with Raiders owner Al Davis, who reportedly was turned down by Louisville coach Bobby Petrino yesterday, and continued discussions with the Raiders early today.

"He decided he likes it where he is," agent Eric Metz said of Whisenhunt. "He's obviously having a lot of success, and he wants to continue with the Steelers. He's an excellent coach, and this won't be his last opportunity."

Dave's PA Rental
02-09-2006, 09:47 PM
Got my 1st Super Bowl champs T-shirt today, courtesy of a co-worker who was in the 'Burgh for the game....

LMFAO, went a little nuts online with knicknacks...

You name it, SI offer, DVD, program, T-shirts, etc....

Fuck it, I was fucking 15 the last time they won the SB....

I too fell for the SI subscription after the first Pats Super Bowl...couldnt say no to a commemerative football, the collectors book and DVD...I cancelled the subscription the day after I got all the goodies. I moved and then re-upped after last years SB win for the free stuff...

Romeo Delight
02-09-2006, 09:54 PM

I'm just saying that it confirms what I've been saying all week long, that it was a TD....

I don't think anyone thought that play determined game.

HOW it was called was a symptom of a much larger problem in game.

NFL will fix this for next year I am sure. Just because it's the biggest game of the year doesn't mean as a ref you have to make your presence felt to make your mark...

POJO_Risin
02-09-2006, 11:52 PM
I 100% agree with that statement Flamma...lmfao...which is no small fucking miracle...

and you had to know that Whisenhunt was going to stay...

fucking morons in Oakland...fucking morons...

POJO_Risin
02-09-2006, 11:58 PM
It's over, Steelers' Hampton says of SB, officiating controversy
Feb. 9, 2006
CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

KAPOLEI, Hawaii -- Joey Porter passed on the chance to pile on Jerramy Stevens or weigh-in on the Super Bowl officiating after taking part in his first Pro Bowl practice.

Casey Hampton filled in nicely for his usually outspoken teammate.

Leading up to the Super Bowl, Porter called Stevens soft in response to Stevens saying he didn't think Steelers running back Jerome Bettis would be leaving Detroit with the championship trophy.

Pittsburgh won the Super Bowl 21-10 and Stevens dropped several passes, though he did score Seattle's only touchdown.

"It's hard to harp on a situation that's over with," Porter said Thursday. "It's tough enough for him to lose. I'm not going to dog him in the paper."

Porter also said he had no reaction to ongoing criticism of the officiating.

"It really doesn't matter to me," Porter said. "The game is over."

Hampton, a 28-year-old defensive tackle playing in his second Pro Bowl, had a much different take, expressing disgust with anyone who's complaining about the officiating.

Several calls were questioned during and after the game, mostly by the Seahawks and their fans.

"I don't care anything about that," Hampton said. "People crying about what happened, that's crazy. It doesn't matter. You can't talk about what might have happened. Two or three years from now, people won't remember who we beat in the Super Bowl, just that we won.

"We went in feeling like we were going to win. We got that ring. Believe me, nobody on our team is worried about that. What is crying going to do? Whoever is supposed to win is going to win. That's how it feels."

Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren expressed dismay over the officiating since the Super Bowl since last Sunday, but neither he nor his players have publicly denigrated Pittsburgh's victory.

Porter, Hampton, center Jeff Hartings, guard Alan Faneca and safety Troy Polamalu are Pittsburgh's Pro Bowl representatives.

Several high-profile Steelers, including Super Bowl MVP Hines Ward, Bettis, Ben Roethlisberger, Willie Parker and Antwaan Randle El, weren't selected.

"There were no real stars on our team," Polamalu said. "I think that's been the key to our success."

Said Faneca: "We're a team-team. It's not one person, it's not one group. It takes all of us to get the job done."

And that's what the Steelers did, capitalizing on big plays to win the franchises fifth Super Bowl title and first in 26 years.

Hartings said he wondered whether he was destined not to be part of a championship team, especially considering the Steelers had a 15-1 record in 2004 but didn't reach the Super Bowl.

They were 11-5 this year and the sixth and last seed in the AFC playoffs. But they beat Cincinnati, Indianapolis and Denver on the road on their way to the Super Bowl.

"To play nine years falling short, you almost stop thinking about it," Hartings said. "I was really able to enjoy the (Super Bowl) week, have a lot of fun. If we can go into next year with the same focus and attention to detail we had the last eight weeks, that will give us a chance again."

Hartings said he felt bad about the officiating controversy for the officials themselves.

"It's just like a player whenever a player makes a mistake, the fans and media want to single someone out for being a goat," he said. "I think that's a shame.

"My comment on the whole thing is these guys are men, they have families, they have wives, they have kids. They've been negatively affected by this. The game is being affected by this."

Polamalu, a three-year pro, graduated from Southern California a year before the Trojans won the first of two straight national championships.

And then, the Steelers had their great season in 2004 only to fall short.

"I'd never experienced anything like what we've done this past year," he said. "The thing about the playoff system is you don't have to be the best team during the regular season, you have to be the best team in the playoffs.

"We were the best team in the regular season last year and the best team in the playoffs this year."

Porter, a seven-year veteran playing in his third Pro Bowl, is buying 28 tickets for Sunday's game at Aloha Stadium, giving him a total of 30 since each player gets two comps.

The tickets cost $90, meaning he'll shell out $2,520.

"That fee is small compared to how much fun I'm going to have," Porter said. "My family's coming out. When I get a chance to do something like this, I want to enjoy it with my family."

ashstralia
02-13-2006, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Sarge's Little Helper
Why the fuck is CRAIG STADLER coaching the fucking Seahawks? FIRE THE FUCKING WALRUS!

heheh.. his boy kevvie won in oz.... heheheh

Va Beach VH Fan
02-15-2006, 07:54 PM
I do not have a good feeling about Randle El staying.... If he doesn't go to Chicago, the Skins or Pats may grab him as well....

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-060214mitchell,1,2850532.column?coll=cs-home-utility&ctrack=1&cset=true

Randle El seeks clarity on special role
February 15, 2006

Antwaan Randle El said Tuesday he hopes to make his free-agent decision within the next six weeks. The Bears appear to be in the forefront for the services of the electrifying Pittsburgh Steelers kick returner/wide receiver.

"Certainly my family members want me to come here and play here. Also my friends and those who are involved in marketing and that sort of thing," Randle El said.

The Thornton High School/Indiana University product was in Chicago to visit his CSMG Sports agent, Fletcher Smith, who also represents Donovan McNabb, Randy Johnson and Dwyane Wade.

"I have to make sure I make the decision based on the important things," he said. "If God leads me here to Chicago, I certainly prefer that situation for my family if it is the best situation for me coming in and playing. If this is a team that needs a receiver or a punt returner or what have you … those are the things that are most important."

The signing period for unrestricted veteran free agents begins March 3 and ends July 22 for those who received a June 1 tender from their original team. Randle El does not want his situation to extend beyond next month.

If the Bears have serious intentions of landing him, they will have to show him more than the money.

"The money is not the biggest factor," Randle El said. "Of course there's a business side to it. But you have to make sure what is best for your family. You have to make sure you don't go to a team that doesn't have a clue about using a guy like myself. You want to go to a team that understands that I want to be a punt returner and I want to be a starting receiver.

"I would rather know before March ends," he said. "I want to get the playbook. I want to know my team's offense so there is no problem when it comes to the season starting. And I want my family to be settled and situated before the season hits."

Randle El, who became the first wide receiver to throw a touchdown pass in a Super Bowl, also wants to make sure the Bears, or any other team pursuing him, appreciate the nuances of his game as a special teams standout.

"Some teams undervalue [special teams play] a little bit," he said. "They have to understand that the hidden yardage and field position factor into every game. If you have got a guy who can break it open, it becomes a big factor and it is very important."

POJO_Risin
02-17-2006, 10:30 PM
Well...I'm often amazed that teams don't stay where they know their puddin' is.

Randle El should know by now that Cowher is probably the one guy that will use him the way they should...

but alas VA...as you often say...

"it's not about the money..."

lmfao...

yeah...right...

you know New England covets a guy with the moxie of Randle El...

Dave's PA Rental
02-17-2006, 10:40 PM
Randle El will get buried returning punts and kicks for NE...

POJO_Risin
02-17-2006, 10:44 PM
Then that would be their mistake...

Dave's PA Rental
02-17-2006, 10:46 PM
Givens is a better WR, so they would just keep him instead of getting Randle El for thier second WR...I doubt he will be in NE...

Dave's PA Rental
02-17-2006, 10:47 PM
2999...what will 3,000 be?

POJO_Risin
02-17-2006, 10:55 PM
No comment on the Givens comment...

he does get more passes thrown to him...

in an offense that passes more...

Randle El's best years are ahead of him...and in the Steelers' offense...he will excel...but other teams will throw more money at him...and not utilize him the way they should...

you and I both know Rental...that the only way Randle El would get buried on the bench in New England is if New England suddenly decides to only throw to 2 receivers...which will never happen...and even then...you are simply insane if you can undoubtebly say that Givens is better than Randle El...

They spread the ball to as many as they can...including the tight ends...and Randle El would see as many passes as Givens...if not more...

just my opinion...

bueno bob
02-18-2006, 07:46 AM

Wow - nice photo.

There it is, it's good.

Certainly didn't LOOK that way though...

bueno bob
02-18-2006, 07:46 AM
Hey - next year, anything's possible...

See ya then...

bueno bob
02-18-2006, 08:19 AM

A little late commenting on this, but I'm just as much at fault, and I've been gone for a week (and the fact that I bitched and got into it a bit with Poj baselessly still bothers me a bit, as it's not really like me to do that)...

I think, for the people pulling for Seattle that bitched here (myself included), it was kind of a case of getting caught up in the frenzy and losing what's called "better judgment", which happens to everybody from time to time...everybody reading included. Temporarily, of course...it seems like it's all calmed down now, and it's been officially proven that there was indeed a TD made - pictures don't lie.

To be fair on my part, I had just finished cleaning up 3 kids who decided to paint on each other and was missing a good portion of the game, and was kinda pissed about how things were going up to that point anyway based on the calls - you add on the frustration of three kids who should fucking know better than to ruin my weekend that way and it's REAL EASY to blow up about shit in general, whether it's seriously, half-seriously, misinterpreted, what the fuck ever...things can get a bit heated at ANY sports event, regardless...on message boards also...things get misconstrued and then things get heated, then they get FURTHER misconstrued and further heated, etc etc, usually in that order, as was the case with my posting in here.

Point I'm making, I guess, is that it was the Superbowl, there were a good amount of people pulling for Seattle (probably not as many as were pulling for the Steelers, sure)...it's easy to get fired up about both the REAL and the perceived bad calls, even if you're only halfway interested in it - more so if you're REALLY interested in it...honestly, I'm amazed that the fire in here didn't get higher than it did...after re-reading, compared to what I expected to see, I think the bitching, considering how bad it could have been, was actually pretty minimal.

Nobody has room to complain about much anymore...sure, there were some bad calls, and that might have affected the end result to a degree, but not by so much as to have made any difference in the outcome, probably...so...you move on.

I don't care who says what, EVERYBODY has the right to act like a bitch, once in a while :)

Va Beach VH Fan
02-18-2006, 11:30 AM
I don't care who says what, EVERYBODY has the right to act like a bitch, once in a while :)

Oh I agree with that, that's what Poj does most of the time anyway.... ;)

bueno bob
02-18-2006, 12:18 PM
Oh I agree with that, that's what Poj does most of the time anyway.... ;)

Speaking of which, look at Rikk's posts in the Sheep Pen sometime...

If ever there was a definition for "bitch"...

POJO_Risin
02-22-2006, 07:18 PM
Time to move on...and change the name of the thread...

congrats to my Steelers...fucking Super Bowl champs...

Va Beach VH Fan
02-22-2006, 08:13 PM
Speaking of which, look at Rikk's posts in the Sheep Pen sometime...

If ever there was a definition for "bitch"...

I'll take your word for it....

Romeo Delight
02-22-2006, 08:43 PM
I sure hope the Penguins stay in Pitt.

Word is they have only a month and a half to work it out or they are gone.

If they must leave I hope it is to Portland...Road trip!

POJO_Risin
02-22-2006, 08:48 PM
Well...

If they leave...I'm either done with hockey...

or I shift my allegiences to the local team...

which I have no allegience too...

Va Beach VH Fan
02-23-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by DavidFlamma
I sure hope the Penguins stay in Pitt.

Word is they have only a month and a half to work it out or they are gone.

If they must leave I hope it is to Portland...Road trip!

Trust me on this one bro....

I know the press, especially in Canada, just LOVE to speculate on this, but I'm reading crap on this every stinking day...

They're not going ANYWHERE...

The politicians are scrambling now, and it's not even for the slots.... They're scrambling for a backup plan now, which IMO they're not even going to need....

I'm feeling MUCH more confident on this than I had been....

Romeo Delight
02-23-2006, 10:27 PM
Trust me on this one bro....

I know the press, especially in Canada, just LOVE to speculate on this, but I'm reading crap on this every stinking day...

They're not going ANYWHERE...

Great news!

Good to know all of the sacrifices Mario made weren't for nothing.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-24-2006, 08:54 PM
The thing that got everyone crazy was when the announced the team was up for sale...

And all the rampant speculation began....

But those in Portland, K.C., Houston, Winnipeg, and Toronto conveniently glossed over the most important stipulation of the sale...

ANYONE who agrees to buy the team MUST bind in with the Isle of Capri and the slots license application, which will get the new arena built without a penny from the Penguins, the city, county, or state, if the Pens/Capri team is awarded the license of course....

And the part that is making me more optimistic every day....

All of the politicians are absolutely scrambling to have a backup plan in place if the scenario happens that the Pens/Capri don't get the license, which would be an absolute FIX from top to bottom...

There are 3 applicants for the Pittsburgh slots license, the Pens, another applicant that wants to build a casino in Station Square (shopping center, bars, restaurant area) and some condos and hotels, and then another applicant with a plan that nearly everyone believes can't compete with the other two....

I also think having Lemieux up there announcing probably made the speculation worse...

But anyone who's known Mario's goals as an owner knows that he was NEVER going to own this team for an extended period of time....

So, in summary, the ONLY way for the Pens to move at this point in time is if:

1. The slots license doesn't get awarded to them, AND
2. The backup plan completely crumbles before the end of the year, which I believe is slowly but surely becoming increasingly difficult to stop

So everyone who's drooling with speculation needs to grab some Kleenex and shut the fuck up....

And here's a free prediction from VA....

When the new arena is built, it will be named in some way after Lemieux....

Hmmm, Lemieux Gardens ???

Just to piss off Leafs fans.... ;)

Romeo Delight
02-24-2006, 09:00 PM
They should rename the Penguins...

Call them "Team Mario", with a picture of his face on the jersey.

POJO_Risin
02-24-2006, 09:31 PM
lmfao...now that...would be fucking funny...and dare I say...appropriate...

Va Beach VH Fan
02-24-2006, 10:12 PM
They'll fine some way to fuck it up with corporate sponsorship....

Lemieux's Iron City Beer Gardens...

Yeah, that's it....

Va Beach VH Fan
02-26-2006, 08:25 PM
Jesus H. Christ, here we fucking go again....

Cut this fucker loose once and for all....

http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060226&content_id=1323504&vkey=spt2006news&fext=.jsp&c_id=pit

Wells diagnosed with blocked artery
Pirates right-hander may seek second medical opinion
By Ed Eagle / MLB.com

BRADENTON, Fla. -- Pittsburgh Pirates right-hander Kip Wells has been diagnosed with a complete blockage of the axillary artery.
The axillary artery, which is located in the upper chest beneath the clavicle, supplies blood to the head and arms.

Wells, who had been experiencing what the team has described as "arm fatigue," traveled to St. Louis to be examined Saturday by renowned vascular surgeon Dr. Robert Thompson of Washington University. Thompson made his diagnosis after performing an angiogram on Wells. During this procedure, dye is inserted into the body through a catheter.

Wells remained in St. Louis on Sunday. He has been put on anticoagulants to prevent a possible blood clot from forming.

"Right now, Kip is in the process of determining if he is going to get a second opinion of what the diagnosis is, and the different options that are available," said Pirates general manager Dave Littlefield.

Littlefield also said, "the action of the throwing [motion] has been identified as what had caused the blockage."

Wells is expected to decide if he will seek a second opinion within 24 hours. Should Wells accept Thompson's diagnosis, he likely would undergo surgery later this week.

Thompson performed similar corrective surgeries on Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Luis Terrero in 2003 and Colorado Rockies right-hander Aaron Cook in 2004. In both cases, the player's top rib on the right side was removed and a vein was rerouted to the wrist.

Although the condition is serious, Littlefield said Wells' life was never in danger.

"It was not an emergency situation," said Littlefield. "There is always a concern in regards to clots, aneurysms, things like that. Evidently we moved on it very quickly."

Wells last threw off of the mound on Wednesday. When he could not properly grip a ball the next day, he was examined by the team's medical and training staffs in Bradenton. It was discovered that there was a difference between the pulse rates of Wells' arms.

"That gave them an indication that it was more serious than the 'dead arm' that we talk about in baseball terms," said Littlefield. "I compliment the doctors from a standpoint of detecting this."

Wells then was sent to Manatee Memorial hospital for additional testing. When a surgeon there expressed concern over the possibility that Wells might have a blood clot, the team advised Wells to travel to St. Louis to visit Thompson, who is considered the foremost expert in the field.

"We obviously wanted to get him to an expert in that area," said Littlefield. "Once [Thompson] examined him and had all of the information, he did the angiogram to get kind of the gold standard of evaluations."

Littlefield said it is too early to speculate on whether Wells' career, or at the very least his season, is in jeopardy.

"Right now, I don't think we're at that point," said Littlefield. "We'll have to wait and see what the second opinion is, if that's where he goes, and then we'll prepare for it once we get that information.

"We're always looking at the 'what if' scenarios that take place in any position, so you're always prepared for those things. At the same time, until the experts give us a confirmation, I am not in a position to outthink the experts."

Should Wells decide to accept Thompson's diagnosis and undergo surgery, it is unlikely that he'll be able to recover in time to pitch again this season. Terrero was out for five months after his surgery. Cook missed eight months before beginning a Minor League rehab assignment.

Littlefield spoke to Wells on Saturday night and said the pitcher was "concerned and disappointed."

"Players work hard in the offseason and don't want to have setbacks," said Littlefield. "Just to go through this procedure, [Wells knows] that regardless of where it goes it's going to set him back a little bit. But I think he's anxious to get it resolved and see where we go."

Wells' latest physical difficulty is not believed to be related to the elbow and circulation problems that forced him to miss action in 2004. Wells underwent carpal tunnel release surgery in October 2004 to eliminate the numbness he had been experiencing in the middle finger of his pitching hand.

Wells, who went 8-18 with a 5.09 ERA in 33 starts in 2005, signed a one-year, $4.15 million deal in January. He'll be eligible for free agency for the first time after this season.

POJO_Risin
02-27-2006, 07:10 PM
lmfao...cut him loose now...with that damn blocked artery!!!

Why they didn't cut him loose after last season is beyond me...

Va Beach VH Fan
02-27-2006, 09:41 PM
Who fuckin' knows...

Word is that Craigy Wilson may be dealt now for a #4 or #5 starter....

He's a 3 million dollar man right now on the bench....

POJO_Risin
02-27-2006, 10:28 PM
I wouldn't take that limp piece of shit for a #40 or #50 starter...

a worthless bat...IMO...

to fucking streaky...and mostly on the shit end of it...

POJO_Risin
03-01-2006, 03:04 PM
The Randal El discount...lmfao...as long as "it's close..."

which you and I both know means...

"I'm talking out my ass. I won't be back, but want to be able to spin it that I DID want to come back..."

POJO_Risin
03-01-2006, 03:07 PM
Randle El hopes to stay

By Joe Bendel
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, March 1, 2006

It was fitting that Antwaan Randle El spent Tuesday afternoon at Wal-Mart, where the ad campaign features a commitment to "rollback" prices.
That's because the dynamic wideout said he is willing to rollback his price for the Steelers -- provided they come close to matching an offer made by another team during the free-agency period, which could be delayed from its scheduled starting date of Friday.

"If (the Steelers) are a million dollars off, that's not enough to make me leave," said Randle El, who greeted more than 1,500 fans at the Robinson Township Wal-Mart to autograph Warner Home Video's 2006 Super Bowl XL Champions DVD. "If I'm the No. 2 receiver and the punt returner, and, certainly, I have the opportunity to play, then a million-dollar difference won't make me leave here. Why would I want to move my family if I didn't have to?"

Randle El said he and the Steelers have talked, but "we're not there yet."

"It goes back to what they can spend without breaking the team," he said. "I'm not certain they'll be able to do it. If it works out, it works out. If it doesn't, it doesn't. We'll see."

The reality is, Randle El could receive offers that far outweigh what the Steelers are willing to pay, given salary cap restraints and the like. He said 10 to 12 teams could show interest in him at the start of the free-agency silgning period and that he plans to use his ability to return punts (he took two back for touchdowns last season) as a selling point if he hits the market.

He surely increased his stock in Super Bowl XL in Detroit, where his 43-yard touchdown pass to Hines Ward not only sealed a 21-10 victory but also upped his passing totals to 15 of 18 for 171 yards with three touchdowns

"You have to take the punt returns into account when you're making deals," said Randle El, who had 35 catches for 558 yards (15.9 average) with a touchdown last season, while also averaging 10.2 yards on 44 punt returns. "I'm blessed that I have that (bargaining chip)."

Randle El pointed out that not all No. 2 wideouts come cheap. He mentioned the $13.5 million signing bonus Reggie Wayne recently received with the Indianapolis Colts. Not that Randle El was suggesting that he deserves Wayne money -- though he does have that previously stated bargaining chip.

"I'm saying you still get decent money as the No. 2 guy," said Randle El, who might have a hard time getting big money from the Steelers because the team used a $9 million signing bonus on Hines Ward in August. "But it's extra incentive when it comes to returns. I returned two last year for touchdowns, and that was big on my part."

Among the teams interested in Randle El are his hometown Chicago Bears, the Washington Redskins and the Philadelphia Eagles.

And, while going home to Chicago might be somewhat appealing, Randle El said he would be more interested in getting a chance to play for an up-and-coming Bears team in a significant role.

"The attractive thing is, they don't have a punt returner," Randle said. "I think they cut their punt returner last year after our game. And, they want a No. 2 receiver. Certainly, I can play on the other side of Mush (Muhsin Muhammad) and be able to make some plays. But that can happen anywhere. In Washington, I could be on the other side of Santana (Moss). There are 10 or 12 teams that I can name that need a punt returner and a No. 2 guy."

Randle El added that he'd prefer not to sign with a team that is in rebuilding mode.

"I'm not into that," he said. "I don't want to go anywhere where I'm losing a bunch. That's not what I want. We won the Super Bowl and have been in the playoffs in three of the four years that I was here. I wouldn't want to go where we weren't winning like that. Those are the teams that know that they have to jump higher than normal (in offering a contract) because it's not a great thing when you go to a losing organization."

The Steelers used their second-round draft pick on Randle El four years ago, selecting him ahead of Pitt's Antonio Bryant, who is also an unrestricted free agent this year and recently stated he would be interested in playing for the Steelers. Randle El, a quarterback at Indiana University, has 162 career catches for 2,012 yards with seven touchdowns during his Steelers career. He's also returned 168 punts for an average of 9.5 yards and four touchdowns.

Randle El has developed a strong bond with the Rooney family during his tenure here, but he understands that business and sports can be mutually exclusive.

"It's tough, but we have an understanding between me and the Rooneys that if it doesn't work out, they wish me the best," Randle El said. "There are no ill-feelings or hard feelings. I've tried to be gracious. They said they're going to make a push for me, and I respect that and I want it to work out here and not go anywhere else. But at the same time, I'll have to look into other opportunities if it doesn't work out."

Joe Bendel can be reached at joecbendel@aol.com or (412) 320-7811.

POJO_Risin
03-01-2006, 03:08 PM
Great "Plaxico" Bryant wants to play with the Steelers...

ALinChainz
03-01-2006, 03:17 PM
Maybe returning to Pitt pulls his head out of his ass.

POJO_Risin
03-01-2006, 03:19 PM
The guy looks fantastic one week...and disappears for many...

and he'd be bitching in Pittsburgh about not getting enough looks...

ALinChainz
03-01-2006, 03:21 PM
Character not being his strong suit, but maybe a cheap replacement for Randle El ... who seems to be out of there.

POJO_Risin
03-01-2006, 04:48 PM
does Bryant return kicks? I'm pretty sure that it doesn't...

What Bryant has is better size by 3 or 4 inches...

and he did have 70 catches last year...and 1000 yards...

funny...that Bryant isn't rated above Randle-El based on stats...

POJO_Risin
03-01-2006, 04:58 PM
Cowher buys home in Raleigh

Newspaper: Cowher trust buys in Raleigh

By JoAnne Klimovich Harrop
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, March 1, 2006

Steelers coach Bill Cowher has purchased a $2.5 million home in Raleigh, N.C., that might one day become a retirement home.
Just not yet, according to his wife, Kaye.

"No," she said Tuesday, when asked if her Super Bowl-winning husband was preparing to retire this offseason.

Bill Cowher, who led the Steelers to their first Super Bowl title in 26 years on Feb. 5, declined comment on his new North Carolina home through team spokesman Dave Lockett.

While Bill Cowher, 48, continues his role as Steelers coach - he attended the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis last week - his family might soon assume full-time residence in Raleigh.

Kaye Cowher said her youngest daughter Lindsay, a freshman at Fox Chapel High, is scheduled to visit Cary Academy, a private school near Raleigh, today and Thursday.

The Cowhers have two older daughters. Lauren is a senior at Fox Chapel, and Meagan attends Princeton University. All three girls are accomplished basketball players.

Kaye Cowher played basketball at North Carolina State in Raleigh, where she met her football-playing husband. They purchased a home on Bald Head (N.C.) Island several years ago before acquiring their new property prior to the Super Bowl, Kaye Cowher said.

Mrs. Cowher added that the family plans to live in Raleigh at some point.

The new home was purchased by a trust managed by Bill Cowher's sports agency, Octagon, according to the Raleigh News & Observer in a story published yesterday.

Bill Cowher, a native of Crafton, has two years remaining on his contract with the Steelers, where he has coached the past 14 seasons. The team typically extends the deal for two more years in the offseason when there are two years remaining on it.

POJO_Risin
03-01-2006, 05:00 PM
The week before the Super Bowl...this was HUGE topic here in town...he's actually had the property for awhile...and BUILT a house here...

from what they were saying...

Va Beach VH Fan
03-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Maybe you can help him put his satellite dish up.... ;)

And we'll have him tag along to watch the Pens games....

And yes !!! Next time Roth is in Raleigh, it's Caaaaawher time !!!!

POJO_Risin
03-02-2006, 08:51 PM
Christ VA...I can see it now...

Roth in Raleigh...

Va and POJO hammered coming from the show...

Va: "Let's get some fucking Tacos..."

POJO: "Hey...I know where Cowher lives..."

Va: "Fuck! Let's ask him if he wants to go!"

POJO: "Do you think his wife will be pissed? It is 3:30 in the morning, we're cranked...and we don't know him..."

Va: "I don't know..."

POJ: "Fuck the bitch..."

Va: "Well, if that will get her to let him come!"

Va Beach VH Fan
03-02-2006, 09:37 PM
Christ VA...I can see it now...

Roth in Raleigh...

Va and POJO hammered coming from the show...

Va: "Let's get some fucking Tacos..."

POJO: "Hey...I know where Cowher lives..."

Va: "Fuck! Let's ask him if he wants to go!"

POJO: "Do you think his wife will be pissed? It is 3:30 in the morning, we're cranked...and we don't know him..."

Va: "I don't know..."

POJ: "Fuck the bitch..."

Va: "Well, if that will get her to let him come!"

LMFAO...

The Grande combo.... Hehehehehehehe....

Shit....faced.....

What a night.....

POJO_Risin
03-02-2006, 09:56 PM
I still remember talking to Santa Clause while Sammy was performing somewhere on the concourse...lmfao...

POJO_Risin
03-02-2006, 10:07 PM
Some fucking fat dude with a white beard...I'm fucking telling you...it was Santa Clause...

Va Beach VH Fan
03-03-2006, 06:11 PM
And speak of the devil, someone made a thread about the backstage fight that night...

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33597

POJO_Risin
03-04-2006, 01:04 PM
Maddox shitcanned...

fucking finally...

when people call you a "Poor Man's Neil O'Donnell,"

You know your time has come and gone...

Va Beach VH Fan
03-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Got my copy of the Steelers Championship DVD in the mail today....

Although I believe they're available all around now, Wal-mart, Target, etc... Mine was part of the SI offer...

Very well done, I must say...

Highlights of every game this season...

Good sound bites of both the players and coaches...

Best line I heard....

Second half of the SB, Ben turns to Caaaawher after they went up 14-3...

"Hey, let's play this one to win, not to not lose"....

Classic...

Lots of bonus features....

Va Beach VH Fan
03-04-2006, 04:11 PM
Single game tickets went on sale today in MLB...

Grabbed a couple of nice box seats down the 1st base line at RFK Stadium for a Saturday night game, May 6th, Buccos at Nationals....

Hope I get decent weather this time... Last year got rained on both in Baltimore and D.C....

Va Beach VH Fan
03-04-2006, 04:19 PM
I just realized I have a Connie Chung fetish....

And turning 60 this year....

Not quite like the Mona fetish, but close.... ;)

POJO_Risin
03-04-2006, 04:26 PM
????

Where the fuck did that come from?

Did Connie Chung narrate the Steeler DVD...lmfao...

Va...you are getting very random in your old age...

I'll need to pick up that DVD...

are you going to stop your SI subscription?

lmfao...

Va Beach VH Fan
03-04-2006, 10:46 PM
????

Where the fuck did that come from?

Did Connie Chung narrate the Steeler DVD...lmfao...

Va...you are getting very random in your old age...

I'll need to pick up that DVD...

are you going to stop your SI subscription?

lmfao...

LOL, I just happened to be channel flipping at the time, and stumbled upon her and Maury's talk show on MSNBC.... Quite lame, by the way...

As far as SI goes, I just started the thing.... The DVD is the only thing to arrive so far.... The hardover book and the inscribed football are still on order...

I'll most likely let the subscription ride, but won't renew it....

POJO_Risin
03-04-2006, 10:49 PM
I Love SI...cover to cover every week...except for the gay fucking articles about figure skating...and hunting pheasant...

and bornean water swallow hockey...

lmfao...

you know...those articles they put in there to make them look like a "serious" magazine...

Va Beach VH Fan
03-05-2006, 11:48 AM
Vicious hit last night in the Pens/Canes game, Orpik hit Cole from behind...

I don't think it was as blatant as some are making it out to be, Cole started to look behind him when Orpik hit him...

I don't think that's gonna matter, after a game misconduct and Cole having a neck injury...

Pretty sure Orpik's gonna see some suspension time...

http://www.newsobserver.com/796/story/414235.html

Canes' Cole hospitalized with neck injury

By LUKE DeCOCK, Staff Writer

PITTSBURGH — After scoring twice to reach the 30-goal mark for the first time in his career, Carolina Hurricanes forward Erik Cole was hospitalized with a neck injury Saturday night when the Pittsburgh Penguins' Brooks Orpik checked him head-first into the boards early in the third period.
Orpik was ejected from the game. Cole left the ice under his own power, but hunched over and in visible pain.

A team spokesman refused to disclose any information about Cole’s injury or the hospital to which he was admitted, but a nursing supervisor at UPMC Presbyterian Hospital confirmed Cole was being evaluated there.

Carolina coach Peter Laviolette said Cole’s condition was “unsure at this point,” although Laviolette said Cole had feeling and movement in his extremities.

Cole was coming to a stop along the boards near the right circle when Orpik hit him from behind as Cole appeared to lose his footing and crashed face-first into the boards.

Hurricanes defenseman Bret Hedican was the first to reach Cole after the hit.

“It was one of the worst hits I’ve seen in a long time,”

Hedican said. “The guy can’t defend himself. He’s three feet from the boards and he gets run from behind. I almost thought he broke his neck. It was terrible. I panicked, to be honest with you.”

Cole is the Hurricanes' second-leading goal-scorer with 30 goals and is tied for second in points with 60.

Fairwrning
03-05-2006, 11:57 AM
how many times is the thread gonna have a name change??!!:confused:

;)

Va Beach VH Fan
03-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Every other day, just to piss you off..... ;)

POJO_Risin
03-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Yo FaIr WrNiNg

How many times are you going to change YOUR name...

;)

POJO_Risin
03-05-2006, 04:49 PM
Damn it all...

Cole out AT LEAST until the playoffs...

unfortunate...the heart of the Hurricanes...and a damn fine player...

We'll see what the rest of the team is made of now...

I don't know va...it looked pretty intentional...but Cole also looked like he was scufflin' a bit...when he got hit...

Va Beach VH Fan
03-05-2006, 04:51 PM
Yeah, I think he lost his balance just a bit, enough for him to not be able to brace himself as much as he could have...

Va Beach VH Fan
03-14-2006, 07:51 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06073/670171.stm

Steelers sign Brett Keisel and free agent Redskins' safety
Also talking to Browns' tight end

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers said hello to Brett Keisel and Ryan Clark and goodbye to Kimo von Oelhoffen and Chris Hope this evening.

The Steelers have signed Keisel and Clark, both defensive players, to four-year contracts, the Post-Gazette has learned.

Keisel, 27, a backup defensive end, was signed at virtually the same time that the New York Jets were signing von Oelhoffen, 35, a Steelers' starter at that position since 2000, to a three-year contract.

Then the Steelers turned to Clark, a Washington Redskins free agent, to fill their opening at free safety. They had tried to re-sign Hope, who started at the position the past two seasons, but he balked at their offer and is looking elsewhere.

Clark (5-11, 200), had 57 tackles and three interceptions in 13 games as Washington's starting strong safety last season. He played his first two season with the Giants and the past two with the Redskins.

Keisel will become the Steelers' starting right defensive end next season and Clark will start at free safety.

No money terms were immediately available for Keisel and Clark, but the Jets gave von Oelhoffen a $3.2 million signing bonus as part of his three-year, $9.2 million deal.

"It's a little bittersweet for Kimo vecause he loved it in Pittsburgh," said agent Mark Bartelstein. "He loved playing for coach Cowher and the Rooneys. This was just a great opportunity that opened up and he couldn't pass it up. He had nothing but good memories there and he appreciated everything the Steeelers have done for him and his relationship there."

The Steelers also entertained tight end Aaron Shea of the Cleveland Browns today.

It could be a sign that they expect to lose No. 2 tight end Jerame Tuman as an unrestricted free agents.

Tuman has reportedly spurned offers from the Steelers.

POJO_Risin
03-14-2006, 11:10 PM
Tuman was a solid player for a prick from Michigan...

but Shea isn't bad, and would essentially be the same guy as Tuman...

good to see the Steelers were proactive and ready for Hope to leave...

fuck him...

I don't know much about Clark...but I'll bet you he fits right in...

as good as Hope was...I think his play is a bit overinflated with the guy playing at Free Safety...

amadeus
03-14-2006, 11:16 PM
I think that the Steelers made some good moves by signing Keisel and Clark. They have always been proactive and I think they are expecting Tumane to be gone so Shea will be a good replacement. Sort of wish Kimo would have stayed though.

POJO_Risin
03-14-2006, 11:21 PM
Kimo is 35...a great Steeler...but a 3 year deal is folly at this stage of his career...

what kept him so good was spot play...with Keisel taking equal snaps...and sometimes more...

Kimo was awesome...don't get me wrong...but I sure saw him a lot on the sidelines puffin air...while Keisel was making an equal impact...we lose depth though...which is a death knell for returning to the bowl...

still looking for a receiver replacement...and hoping a bit that they look at the nimrod from Pitt...we shall see...

POJO_Risin
03-30-2006, 01:36 PM
Looks like the Pirates are looking at Joel Pineiro...for Craig Wilson...

Pineiro has always had the makings of being better than good...

but injuries and mechanics have kept him...from improvement...

Va Beach VH Fan
03-30-2006, 04:47 PM
Yeah, I think Wilson's been rumored to be traded to just about every medicore pitcher in MLB in the last week....

I think something should happen in the next day or two, if they make the trade, that pitcher will pitch Tues. in Milwaukee....

POJO_Risin
03-30-2006, 04:53 PM
So...the guy they get...whoever it is...will be their #2 pitcher?

Va Beach VH Fan
03-30-2006, 08:37 PM
No, #5...

They set the rotation for now like that (#5 starter pitches the 2nd game of the season), so that Duke can pitch the home opener on the 10th....

POJO_Risin
03-31-2006, 01:45 PM
Done deal...Haynes signed for 2 years...

gives them a nice fallback option...

and it looks like Duce Staley is staying? Va...help me with this one...

have you heard anything about Duce?

Va Beach VH Fan
03-31-2006, 04:50 PM
No, and I guess that's a good thing...

Word floating around that they may look RB in the 1st day of the draft....

I don't disagree with that at all....

POJO_Risin
03-31-2006, 09:19 PM
Well...I've seen a ton of speculation that they are going to go after the Center from OSU first...which is a good thing...since Hartings is 34 years old...and they have a tendency to do this...get a great center to groom...

I hear there is a damn fine back that may slip down to them in the first round...the great thing here...is that early first round teams snagged RB's...so if you look at the draft...the first team that is in dire need for a back...is Philly...and I don't see them going for a back in the first...

so you go clear down to NE to see who needs a back...with New England...and that's even questionable...but lets say they go after DeAngelo Williams...

I think you'll see the Panthers take a RB...and Indy take a RB...

that's three...

but if Pittsburgh could figure out a way to move up 5 slots...they could find themselves with LenDale White...now as weird as it sounds...I could see the Steelers waiting to see what happens up to New England...then trading their 1 and maybe 3 or 4...to move up and snag White...who IMO...would be an incredible fit...

If Moss drops down...they'll probably take him 1...if they don't move up to get White...but they would also have a shot at Maroney...

the wildcard here is Joseph Addai...

He's moving up on a lot of draft boards...

but he may be there at 2...although some have projected him at 1...

Va Beach VH Fan
03-31-2006, 09:29 PM
Kiper's new mock tonight predicted Moss in the 1st....

But yeah, I was thinking Lendale White also, I think he's gonna be a Bus-alike.....

POJO_Risin
03-31-2006, 09:36 PM
Well...the wildcard is fucking Denver...

with 2 first round picks (I think)...

The could try and move both to get White...who I think they'll think they'll need...

since they only have 2...possibly 3 good backs...

POJO_Risin
04-08-2006, 04:39 PM
Okay...

here are some mock drafts...for the Steelers...

NFL Countdown...Round 1: LenDale White/Round 2: Danieal Manning

Football's Future...Round 1: LenDale White/Round 2: Cedrick Griffin

MyBrainHurts...Round 1: LenDale White/Round 2: Pat Watkins

Gridiron Central...Round 1: Kamerion Wimbley

Draft Ace...Round 1: LenDale White/Round 2: Pat Watkins

Huddle Geeks...Round 1: LenDale White

footballaboutus...Round 1: Bobby Carpenter/Round 2: Greg Blue

Sportznutz...Round1: Sinorice Moss

Draftking...Round 1: Sinorice Moss (LenDale White falling OUT of the first round)

draft showcase...Round 1: Kamerion Wimbley/Round 2: Reggie McNeal

fantasy football jungle...round 1: Sinorice Moss/Round 2: Rodrique Wright

DraftStudio: round 1: Tamba Hali

FoxSports...round 1: Darnell Bing (but has Santonio Holmes AND Moss both falling out of the first round)

MSNBC...round 1: Sinorice Moss

There's more...but fuck it...

A kid that I keep seeing is Reggie McNeal, a QB from Texas A&M...as a WR though...

Va Beach VH Fan
05-13-2006, 10:33 AM
Only one was close, so much for the "experts" once again....

Va Beach VH Fan
05-13-2006, 10:34 AM
OK Poj, here's our chance...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06133/689843-66.stm

Steeler individual game tickets on sale
Saturday, May 13, 2006

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

A limited number of individual game tickets for the Steelers 2006 home games are available for purchase through mail orders.

Fans may buy two tickets for two games and may request the game or games they would prefer to attend. Requests will be filled on a first-received, first-served basis. Ticket orders will be filled with the best available seats, which may include single seats. If the requested games are unavailable, substitutions will be made for available games unless the order specifically requests no substitutions.

In addition, only one order per household or business firm will be accepted. Any number over that allotment will be considered a duplicate order. Orders will not be mailed to post office boxes.

The price will be $55 for each ticket plus a $2 fee on the total order for mailing and handling. Checks or money orders should be made payable to the Pittsburgh Steelers and can be mailed to the Pittsburgh Steelers Ticket Department, P.O. Box 6763, Pittsburgh, PA 15212. Please do not send cash. Phone, credit card, hand-delivered or fax orders will not be accepted.

2006 Pittsburgh Steelers Opponents
PRESEASON

Saturday, Aug. 12 @ Cardinals 4:05 pm (KDKA)
Saturday, Aug. 19 VIKINGS 8:00 pm (KDKA)
Friday, Aug. 25 @ Eagles 8:00 pm (ESPN)
Thursday, Aug. 31 PANTHERS 7:30 pm (KDKA)
REGULAR SEASON

Thursday, Sept. 7 DOLPHINS 8:30 pm (NBC)
Monday, Sept. 18 @ Jaguars 8:30 pm (ESPN)
Sunday, Sept 24 BENGALS 1:00 pm (CBS)
Sunday, Oct. 1 BYE WEEK
Sunday, Oct. 8 @ Chargers 8:15 pm (NBC)
Sunday, Oct. 15 CHIEFS 4:15 pm (CBS)
Sunday, Oct. 22 @ Falcons 1:00 pm (CBS)
Sunday, Oct. 29 @ Raiders 4:15 pm (CBS)
Sunday, Nov. 5 BRONCOS 4:15 pm (CBS)
Sunday, Nov. 12 SAINTS * 1:00 pm (FOX)
Sunday, Nov. 19 @ Browns * 1:00 pm (CBS)
Sunday, Nov. 26 @ Ravens * 1:00 pm (CBS)
Sunday, Dec. 3 BUCCANEERS * 1:00 pm (FOX)
Thursday, Dec. 7 BROWNS 8:00 pm (NFL Network)
Sunday, Dec. 17 @ Panthers * 1:00 pm (CBS)
Sunday, Dec. 24 RAVENS 1:00 pm (CBS)
Sunday, Dec. 31 @ Bengals * 1:00 pm (CBS)

POJO_Risin
05-13-2006, 10:42 AM
Figures...the Browns game is on a Thursday...

of course...we could take a long weekend...Leave Wednesday Night...get a hotel...take off Thursday and Friday...

I'm going to try and get us tickets in Carolina as well...

Va Beach VH Fan
05-13-2006, 11:01 AM
Oh shit, didn't see that, abso-fucking-lutely bro...

You know this area dude, that place is going to be FILLED with Steeler fans (what place isn't really)....

Why don't we just concentrate on that one bro ?? Much easier a commute, and the stadium accommodates more, giving us a better chance ??

POJO_Risin
05-13-2006, 11:03 AM
Concentrate on the Carolina game?

POJO_Risin
05-13-2006, 11:05 AM
This area has far more Steeler fans than probably anyone else...

there has to be 7 or 8 Steeler bars around here...

Va Beach VH Fan
05-13-2006, 11:06 AM
Yeah..

Unless you really want to make the trek up north as well, it's all good to me...

We'll have to make the decision quickly, those tickets will be gone in a few working days....

POJO_Risin
05-13-2006, 11:09 AM
Well Va...they won't be selling tickets TO Carolina...lmfao...

Carolina's tickets go on sale on July 29th...;)

POJO_Risin
05-13-2006, 11:10 AM
The Trek up North would probably kill old men like us...lmfao...

but like I said...if we go after the Carolina tickets..and we WILL get them...

we have a couple of months to wait...

When did the Steelers start selling single gamers?

Va Beach VH Fan
05-13-2006, 11:13 AM
They actually do it every year, but like I said, they only last a couple of days...

You just have to pay attention on the day they announce it...

Let's focus on the game in Charlotte, that way we can get 3 tickets so my son can come along....

guwapo_rocker
05-13-2006, 11:23 AM
When do individual Panthers game tickets go on sale?

I need some for October 29th.

POJO_Risin
05-13-2006, 11:25 AM
I just want to make sure we are on the same page here Va...lmfao...

we want Steeler tickets for Charlotte...

and...

we can't order them through Pittsburgh...

and...

we are going to order them through Charlotte on July 29th...

POJO_Risin
05-13-2006, 11:26 AM
GR...you are going to head to Charlotte for a game?

Individual tickets go on sale on July 29th...

guwapo_rocker
05-13-2006, 11:31 AM
GR...you are going to head to Charlotte for a game?

Individual tickets go on sale on July 29th...

I'm trying to arrange it with some fellow Armyites, our

road trip crew. We're all Cowboys fans and that would be a fucking

fun trip!!!!:D

guwapo_rocker
05-13-2006, 11:43 AM
You'll join us won't you Pojo??

POJO_Risin
05-13-2006, 11:50 AM
yeah...I'd go...just let me know...lmfao...I don't want to end up going to 100 games...lmfao...

guwapo_rocker
05-13-2006, 11:51 AM
yeah...I'd go...just let me know...lmfao...I don't want to end up going to 100 games...lmfao...

I'll let you know as soon as I can....sorry for hijacking the thread.

POJO_Risin
05-13-2006, 11:56 AM
actually...lmfao...100 games would be alright...

POJO_Risin
05-13-2006, 11:57 AM
You aren't really...of course...Va has disappeared...

Va Beach VH Fan
05-13-2006, 01:38 PM
I just want to make sure we are on the same page here Va...lmfao...

we want Steeler tickets for Charlotte...

and...

we can't order them through Pittsburgh...

and...

we are going to order them through Charlotte on July 29th...

Yes, yes (meaning no), and yes....

POJO_Risin
05-13-2006, 04:50 PM
lmfao...okay...we'll work out the details as we get closer to the date...got the palm pilot all set up with every alarm known to man set to go off a week before...3 days before...2 days before...1 day before...12 hours before...1 hour before...

lmfao...we should be okay...;)

guwapo_rocker
05-13-2006, 08:53 PM
Don't forget the Cowboy's tickets!!!

Pojo, I think I can get them through Ticketmasterbator,

but if you can get better seats, or a better shot at seats

being local, let me know and I'll PayPal you wads of cash.

POJO_Risin
05-13-2006, 08:56 PM
I'll let you know what I can do...there are a lot of cowgirl fans around here as well...

guwapo_rocker
05-13-2006, 08:59 PM
I'll let you know what I can do...there are a lot of cowgirl fans around here as well...

Cheers!!

I haven't been down that way for about 15 years.

Looking forward to it.

POJO_Risin
05-27-2006, 11:18 PM
Is Big Ben about to become an elite player?

Granted...he's been pretty awesome the first 2 years...

but I think we all see the young player kinks in his game...

is he ready to step it up?

Notebook: Bad news, league; Big Ben's even better
May 25, 2006
By Pete Prisco

Here's something any team not named the Pittsburgh Steelers doesn't want to hear: Ben Roethlisberger is a much better quarterback now than he was last season.

Ben Roethlisberger has more experience and more speed at receiver. "I've been very impressed with his offseason," offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt said. "I'm excited by the things I've seen."

Entering his third season, coming off a Super Bowl-winning year, Roethlisberger is primed to move into the elite of the league's quarterback ratings. For his first two seasons playing in the Steelers' run-oriented offense, Roethlisberger was a quarterback learning the position.

He was raw, yet talented. He made up for his mental shortcomings with his physical ability. We saw him make amazing plays, but we also saw him make some bad ones.

Whisenhunt said in Roethlisberger's first year, he would read one route and then take off if it wasn't open or force the ball into that spot. Last year, he would read half the field, but instead of forcing passes he learned to throw to the check down. This year, he's reading the entire field, a sign of growth for any young passer.

"Because of this we've expanded the things we will do with him," Whisenhunt said.

Don't expect the Steelers to become a throw-it-first team. That's not the Bill Cowher way. That's not the Steelers way.

They will still be a ball-control offense, a team that sets up the pass with the run. But if you remember, they made their magical playoff run last season by opening games using the pass and then coming back with the run when they needed to protect a lead.

Roethlisberger's growth made that possible. By the end of 2006, he had become a much more polished player, allowing the game to go more on his right arm and less on the legs of the team's backs.

"In the latter part of the season and on into the playoffs, he started trusting and believing in what we were doing more," Whisenhunt said. "He got more confident and you saw what he did."

In three playoff games and the Super Bowl, Roethlisberger completed 58 of 93 passes for 803 yards, seven touchdowns and three interceptions. His postseason passer rating was an impressive 101.7, which was better than his regular-season rating of 98.6.

Their upset of the Colts is a perfect example of how the Steelers used their quarterback and passing game to dictate tempo early and came back with the run in the second half. Roethlisberger completed 12 of 19 passes for 172 yards and two touchdowns in the first half, but threw only five passes, completing two, in the second.

The Steelers ran it 42 times that day to 24 passes, but it's how they passed that was the key.

ALinChainz
05-27-2006, 11:23 PM
Steelers | Police and courts: S. Holmes
Sat, 27 May 2006 13:28:25 -0700

The Associated Press reports Pittsburgh Steelers rookie WR Santonio Holmes was arrested for disorderly conduct at a hotel in South Beach, police said Saturday, May 27. He was released from jail after he signed a promissory note to appear in court to be arraigned, Miami Beach police spokesman Bobby Hernandez said. The arrest occurred Friday evening, May 26. Steelers' spokesman Dave Lockett said he didn't know about the arrest and couldn't immediately comment on it.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/

POJO_Risin
05-27-2006, 11:26 PM
Nice...

but hey...

he can run fast...

Va Beach VH Fan
05-28-2006, 11:21 AM
Fookin' OSU grad, figures.... ;)

I can see the jaw jutting right now from Cowher....

POJO_Risin
05-28-2006, 11:30 AM
I can see the wonderful camp Holmes is going to have...

look at it this way Va...that can do nothing but help Pittsburgh sign him...

and the Vets are going to make him pay...

Va Beach VH Fan
05-28-2006, 07:00 PM
Jason Bay is absolutely en fuego...

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/9466922

Pirates slugger Bay homers in sixth consecutive game
May 28, 2006
CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

PITTSBURGH -- Jason Bay homered in a sixth consecutive game Sunday, the first Pittsburgh Pirates player to accomplish the feat since Dale Long homered in a record eight in a row in 1956.

Bay hit an 0-1 pitch from Houston's Fernando Nieve into the center-field bullpen area in the fourth inning, his 10th homer in as many games. Two of those were multihomer games. The last two major leaguers to hit 10 homers in 10 games were Sammy Sosa (August 2002) and Shawn Green (May 2002).

Bay and Houston's Morgan Ensberg (April 15-21) are the only NL players to homer in six consecutive games this season. Texas' Kevin Mench homered in seven consecutive games from April 21-28, one short of the major league record set by Long and later matched by Don Mattingly (1987) and Ken Griffey Jr. (1993).

Bay's 11 homers in May are a team record, breaking the record of 10 shared previously by five players.

On Saturday, Bay hit a three-run homer before scoring the winning run in Pittsburgh's 8-7 victory by running over Astros catcher Eric Munson on a short sacrifice fly by Jose Bautista in the 18th inning. The game lasted 5 hours, 49 minutes.

POJO_Risin
05-28-2006, 07:08 PM
I haven't seen anything else about Holmes...you'd figure this would be a bit bigger...

has anyone seen anything else about it?

POJO_Risin
05-28-2006, 07:08 PM
If Bay ever stops being so godawful streaky...he could be the best OF in the NL...

Va Beach VH Fan
05-28-2006, 07:26 PM
If Bay ever stops being so godawful streaky...he could be the best OF in the NL...

If you would have said Craig Wilson, I would have agreed 100%....

I wouldn't classify Bay as streaky at all.... He had a minor slump to start the season, but the majority of the time, he's been steady....

POJO_Risin
05-28-2006, 07:31 PM
No...he's streaky in that he ISN'T the best OF in the game...he goes on these ungodly streaks of greatness 2 or 3 times a year...where he's probably the best...kinda like the fact that heading into today...he was 12 for 23...with 5 dingers and 14 Ribbies...

and he needed to do that to get up and over .300...

don't misconstrue...lmfao...

POJO_Risin
05-28-2006, 07:32 PM
And never...ever...would I put Craig Wilson at the top of any list...lmfao...no matter what he's doing...

Va Beach VH Fan
05-28-2006, 07:37 PM
No...he's streaky in that he ISN'T the best OF in the game...he goes on these ungodly streaks of greatness 2 or 3 times a year...where he's probably the best...kinda like the fact that heading into today...he was 12 for 23...with 5 dingers and 14 Ribbies...

and he needed to do that to get up and over .300...

don't misconstrue...lmfao...

Yeah, like I said, he started slow.... ;)

And if he keeps generating these types of numbers, he'll at least be AMONG the best OF's in the league...

And never...ever...would I put Craig Wilson at the top of any list...lmfao...no matter what he's doing...

My son hits curve balls better than Craig Wilson, 'nuff said...

He'll be gone by the trade deadline...

POJO_Risin
05-28-2006, 07:42 PM
Well...he certainly won't keep this pace up for the year...

they'll start pitching around him...nothing he can do about it...

Va Beach VH Fan
05-28-2006, 10:46 PM
Are you talking about my son or Jason Bay ??

;)

POJO_Risin
05-28-2006, 11:09 PM
both?

certainly your son is better than Craig Wilson...lmfao...

Va Beach VH Fan
05-29-2006, 10:37 AM
Well, that's my plan, either with baseball or football, he's reaching stud status on both quickly at age 12...

2nd game in a row he put one to the fence on Saturday, damn wind was stiff blowing in, and held it in...

redblkwht
06-05-2006, 12:09 PM
nice huh?

Unchainme
06-05-2006, 12:46 PM
:(, The browns still havn't won one of those.

POJO_Risin
06-06-2006, 10:33 AM
A walk through the Steelers' Rings...that way unchainme...you can have some goals...

Super Bowl 9...1974 (game actually in 75)

http://greyflannelauctions.com/lotimages/508_top.jpg

POJO_Risin
06-06-2006, 10:36 AM
The Steelers Ring circa 1975 (game in 1976)

http://www.hotcornersports.com/FHRING1.JPG

POJO_Risin
06-06-2006, 10:45 AM
Super Bowl 1978 (played in 1979)

http://davis333.tripod.com/sb-pit13.jpg

POJO_Risin
06-06-2006, 10:49 AM
Super Bowl 14 (played in 1980) for the 1979 season...

http://www.theredzone.org/images/sbrings/sb14.jpg

POJO_Risin
06-06-2006, 10:51 AM
Rooney, Bettis and Roeth designed the newest version...

most players were ecstatic...James Harrison bitched...wasn't "flashy" enough...

fucking unbelieveable...

POJO_Risin
06-06-2006, 10:54 AM
http://rjccourt85.tripod.com/sbring09.jpghttp://rjccourt85.tripod.com/sbring10.jpghttp://rjccourt85.tripod.com/sbring13.jpghttp://rjccourt85.tripod.com/sbring14.jpg

VHdamaco
06-06-2006, 11:21 AM
its a pimp ass ring...

the only thing i didn't like was how they did the names, wit hthe last name on top of the first one, but who am i to bitch? i don't have a super bowl ring to play with...

Bill Lumbergh
06-06-2006, 04:45 PM
Well, that's my plan, either with baseball or football, he's reaching stud status on both quickly at age 12...

2nd game in a row he put one to the fence on Saturday, damn wind was stiff blowing in, and held it in...

Hey, what happened to your prediction that the Pirates would be FAR better than the Giants this year? :D

Va Beach VH Fan
06-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
Hey, what happened to your prediction that the Pirates would be FAR better than the Giants this year? :D

The jury is still out on that one.... :D

No pun intended....

POJO_Risin
06-07-2006, 12:06 AM
As bad as the Pirates have been...and as good as the Giants have shown...

I actually think...if the Pirates' staff jump starts...that when it's all said and done...the Pirates WILL be better...

although had they hired Leyland...they'd have been much better...IMO...

Va Beach VH Fan
06-11-2006, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh

The jury is still out on that one.... :D

No pun intended....

As bad as the Pirates have been...and as good as the Giants have shown...

I actually think...if the Pirates' staff jump starts...that when it's all said and done...the Pirates WILL be better...

although had they hired Leyland...they'd have been much better...IMO...

Of course, the Pirates could fly out to 'Frisco and take 3 out of 4 from them....

POJO_Risin
06-25-2006, 05:15 PM
Steelers with a major chip on their shoulder...

great article...

Steel resolve
Porter, Steelers ready to prove they're still hungry
Posted: Friday June 23, 2006 11:37AM; Updated: Friday June 23, 2006 4:14PM

He watched Alonzo Mourning throw down on the big screen, a paragon of passion closing in on a maiden NBA title, and Joey Porter couldn't hold back. Spilling a Bud Light as he leaped from the couch last Tuesday night, Porter, who hadn't stopped squawking since the opening whistle of Game 6 of the NBA finals between the Miami Heat and the Dallas Mavericks, shook his body and danced along with the jacked-up veteran center.

"Get your ring, 'Zo!" Porter screamed at the TV. Then, noticing the emotion on Mourning's face, the Pittsburgh Steelers' All-Pro linebacker added: "I want you to cry, 'Zo. I want you to cry! I want you to cry! I want you to cry!"

Enjoying the game from the guest house of his plush home in Bakersfield, Calif., with a dozen old friends, Porter could relate to the Heat's triumph, and especially to the fulfillment felt by the 36-year-old Mourning and 37-year-old guard Gary Payton as they finally closed in on a championship.

A little more than four months earlier, Porter and his Steelers teammates -- and, most poignantly, retiring running back Jerome Bettis -- had experienced a similar sensation in winning Super Bowl XL.

But while Bettis, who signed a sweet TV deal with NBC, is still reveling in the afterglow -- he's getting married early next month in Montego Bay, Jamaica, and will spend this coming weekend in Bakersfield at Porter's football camp and charity golf tournament -- Porter and his Pittsburgh teammates must soon turn defensive. Defending a title is a daunting task in a sport as emotionally charged as pro football, and when you've spent your seven-year career with a steel-plated chip on your shoulder, finding a way to retain that edge in the wake of success looms as a huge challenge.

"I've still got that chip," Porter insists. "With each team comes a different challenge, and the first one for us is that we can't expect to play as well as we did last year and think it's going to work. I've got to be even better; we all do. Last year, it wasn't until we got to a desperate mindset that we started going full speed all the time. That's where we need to start this year."

That all sounds good, but even the irrepressibly intense Porter concedes that the Steelers face some legitimate questions going into the season. Bettis was an enormous presence in the locker room, and his absence could create a leadership void that Porter is likely to try to help fill. Pittsburgh also must replace three starters -- safety Chris Hope, defensive end Kimo von Oehlhoffen and wideout Antwaan Randle El -- lost via free agency.

Then, of course, there is the Big Ben factor. When Ben Roethlisberger was injured in a motorcycle accident earlier this month, there wasn't a player on the Pittsburgh roster who didn't wonder whether the team's 2006 fortunes were also spinning out of control.

A few days after Roethlisberger's release from the hospital last week, Porter placed a call to the young quarterback, expecting to leave a keep-your-head-up voicemail. But Roethlisberger answered the phone and, despite his broken jaw, seemed positively chatty, which caught Porter off guard.

"I was surprised he picked up his phone," Porter says. "He sounded way more upbeat than I expected. I thought he'd be sluggish and down, but he sounded good. He said he had to go in and see the dentist and was feeling pretty good in general."

POJO_Risin
06-25-2006, 05:21 PM
Steel resolve (cont.)
Posted: Friday June 23, 2006 11:37AM; Updated: Friday June 23, 2006 4:14PM

Porter believes that Roethlisberger, who issued a contrite statement in which he vowed never again to ride a motorcycle without a helmet, will mature in a hurry as he confronts the inevitable increase in attention caused by the incident. "He'll have to," Porter says, "simply because of his position. If he thought he got scrutinized before, they'll be on him for sure now."

Bettis agrees. "No question," he said on Thursday. "Ben is going to have to be that guy who steps up and leads."

But even if Roethlisberger evolves into a locker-room leader, what he does on the field will be far more significant. Will be return with a champion's swagger, or will he be afraid to take a hit?

Until Roethlisberger proves he's the same guy who won 15 consecutive games as a rookie and helped spark Pittsburgh's unlikely title run after some choppy moments in his second year, there will be legitimate doubts about the Steelers in 2006 and beyond.

"Until I see Ben in person and see for myself that he's OK, I can't pass judgment on his situation," Porter says. "Right now we can all say, 'Yeah, he's gonna be back, he's gonna be fine,' but nobody really knows what to expect. Because, let's face it, nobody really knows what state Ben is going to be in when we take the field against the Dolphins [for the Sept. 7 opener in Pittsburgh]."

For now, Steelers fans can take solace in this: We have a pretty good idea what state Porter will be in on that night, even with a ring in his possession. Put it this way -- it'll be similar to the one he was in while watching Game 6 of the NBA Finals, only the "I want you to cry!" exhortations are likely to be directed at Miami's quarterback.

Va Beach VH Fan
06-25-2006, 05:53 PM
I don't think motivation will have to be a factor, to be honest....

It's funny, the "experts" football shows have already started...

And NO ONE is even talking about the Super Bowl Champions....

Part of that is due to lack of an image hog, e.g. T.O.....

But you're already hearing that "yeah, but" attitude concerning the Steelers....

Like their playoff run was some kind of a fluke....

Even though yours truly predicted it, and on the road.... :D :D :D

So I don't think you'll see too much in the way of inflated egos, 'cause the media for damn sure won't be giving them much reason to get them....

POJO_Risin
06-25-2006, 07:42 PM
BEANO...BEANO...BEANO!!!!!

There will be egos...we just won't see them...

well...except for maybe Porter...;)

Va Beach VH Fan
06-27-2006, 09:32 PM
I will absolutely SHOCKED if this group doesn't get the team....

I think Cuban's involvement is being overblown, he'd only be a minority owner....

Marino would be even less than that, just a familiar face....

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=169885&hubname=nhl

Cuban, Marino want to buy Penguins

Associated Press

6/27/2006 7:28:03 PM

PITTSBURGH (AP) - Mark Cuban is known for baiting NBA officials, and Dan Marino is the most prolific passer in NFL history. But the Pittsburgh natives now want to expand into a different sport in their hometown - hockey.

The two have joined with a New York City financier in trying to buy the NHL's Penguins from Hall of Famer Mario Lemieux's group, which is selling the two-time Stanley Cup champions even as the team seeks a new arena deal.

The group of prospective Penguins owners is headed by Andrew Murstein, the president of Medallion Financial Corp., a company that finances New York City taxicab medallions and originates consumer loans for recreational vehicles. Also included are principals in Pittsburgh-based Walnut Capital, a real estate management and development company.

Walnut Capital CEO Gregg Perelman recently teamed with Cuban to buy a nine-story downtown Pittsburgh office building. Cuban, who grew up in suburban Pittsburgh, is the billionaire Dallas Mavericks owner whose holdings include a movie production firm and high-definition TV channel.

Adding Cuban and Marino is expected to strengthen the group's estimated $150 million US bid not only financially but perception-wise. Neither Cuban nor Marino have any interest in moving the Penguins from Pittsburgh - Cuban has made it a condition of his participation - even though the team has yet to land a deal to build an arena to replace 45-year-old Mellon Arena.

Murstein was in Dallas on Tuesday, presumably to meet with Cuban about his involvement in the group. In the past, Murstein expressed interest in buying two NHL franchises, the Blues and Ducks, and the Kansas City Wizards of Major League Soccer.

Todd Reidbord, Walnut Capital's president, said recently his group was the only one interested in buying the Penguins that has fully committed to staying in Pittsburgh. At least four other groups have expressed interest in the team, which is expected to be sold before the start of the NHL season in October.

Lemieux's ownership group, which also includes California businessman Ron Burkle, bought the team in federal bankruptcy court in 1999 - partly to protect the nearly $30 million in deferred money owed Lemieux on his contract. Lemieux's group has since paid back all money owed by the club before its bankruptcy filing, a rarity during such procedures.

The uncertainty over the Penguins' arena status has clouded their future in Pittsburgh. Lemieux's group has partnered with Isle of Capri Casinos, which has agreed to build a $290 million arena if it wins the solitary license that will be awarded for a slot machine casino in the city.

However, Isle of Capri is not seen as the favourite, and two other groups seeking the slots license - Harrah's and Majestic Star Casino - have not pledged full arena funding.

Gov. Ed Rendall has asked those two bidders to give $7.5 million a year toward an arena, with the Penguins contributing $8.5 million from the start and an additional $4 million per year, including $1.1 million in naming rights. The Penguins have declined to sign off on the deal, as the Isle of Capri bid would not require the team to make a financial contribution toward replacing the NHL's oldest and smallest arena.

Murstein revealed the addition of Cuban and Marino in his group in an interview Tuesday with Pittsburgh radio station WEAE, an ESPN affiliate. Cuban did not immediately respond to messages from The Associated Press, but confirmed his involvement in an e-mail to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

Cuban was interested in buying into Lemieux's group in 1999, but declined to accept a role that would not include input in the team's day-to-day operation. Marino, the former University of Pittsburgh and Miami Dolphins star quarterback, expressed interest in buying into the Pittsburgh Pirates in the mid 1990s but never did so. Cuban also is interested in buying the Pirates at some point, but the current ownership has given no sign of wanting to sell.

POJO_Risin
07-17-2006, 03:01 PM
I think you are kidding yourself if you don't think Cuban's being involved isn't MORE than what you are thinking...

It's a step for him IMO...

POJO_Risin
07-17-2006, 03:03 PM
Collier: Ben removes helmet for national media
Steelers fans express some disappointment
Sunday, July 16, 2006

By Gene Collier, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Rich Pedroncelli, Associated Press
Ben Roethlisberger's signing hand is obviously OK. He signs autographs Thursday during the celeb-am portion of this weekend's celebrity tournament in Lake Tahoe, Nev.
Click photo for larger image.

Two weeks from today, with the Steelers finally, mercifully, on an actual practice field at St. Vincent College in Latrobe, Ben Roethlisberger will not only appear in a football uniform for the first time since becoming the youngest quarterback to win a Super Bowl in February, but for the first time since becoming the most famous motorcyclist since probably Evel Knievel.

While it's always intellectually perilous comparing athletes of different eras, I lean toward Roethlisberger for this discussion because even though Knievel's performances were more consistently spectacular, with challenging backdrops such as the Snake River Canyon and the fountains at Caesar's Palace, Knievel never had to contend with the Pittsburgh left.

Moreover, he was wearing a helmet.

More definitively, Roethlisberger is the superior showman to Robbie Knievel, son of Evel, who in a Fox production called "Death Jump," once successfully jumped his motorcycle from the roof of one Las Vegas hotel onto another, breaking only his thumb.

I guess "Broken Thumb Jump" just didn't have the same ring to it.

What a rip-off.

As we all know, Roethlisberger can break his thumb without going anywhere near the trouble, and still play so effectively that management has a difficult time even acknowledging that it's broken.

But this, the whole Evel-vs.-Ben debate, likely will be the only overlooked aspect of the next volcanic media spasm, which surely will erupt in two weeks, at least if the preceding week is any indicator.

Not since the troubling news cycles of June 12 and June 13, when Roethlisberger single-handedly altered a homespun platitude into "some days you're the windshield, some days you're the quarterback," has the relationship of sports to media looked so neurotic as it has in the past few days.

As trained journalists (that's right, don't try this at home), we probably should have been able to anticipate that the first fixed-face comments from the Steelers' quarterback would come well before training camp (in a bow to the ever-detested "distractions") and probably at an unavoidable media confab as far from Channel 11 as possible.

Roethlisberger and Channel 11 don't get along, and while I take no pleasure in reporting this, it's possible that if Roethlisberger does pour everything out on "The Oprah Winfrey Show," Fedko's chances of hitting that couch could well be compromised.

In any event, the coordinates at which Roethlisberger surfaced publicly were Los Angeles and the ESPYs, an elaborate network contrivance based on the quizzical concept that this culture simply doesn't do enough to honor athletes. This in a week when LeBron James, the Cleveland Cavaliers' sensation, spent many thoughtful hours on the question of whether to accept roughly $60 million over three years instead of $80 million over five years so as not to limit future earnings even though he's taking in $90 million over seven years from Nike alone.

Of course, if he doesn't win an ESPY, what's really the point?

The realization that Roethlisberger had started talking at the ESPYs taping and would soon be available at a weekend golf tournament near Lake Tahoe, Nev., still caught much of the local media by surprise, its more resolute assignment editors quickly flying folks westward.

The Post-Gazette's hustling Paul Zeise landed a face-to-face interview for Friday's editions, in which Roethlisberger not only pronounced himself ready, but revealed that he had extended numerous offers of counsel to top draft pick Santonio Holmes, none accepted. Holmes, arrested twice this summer on disorderly conduct and domestic violence charges, did not return the quarterback's phone messages, Roethlisberger said.

Roethlisberger doubtless feels he flashed some leadership potential with that gesture, and this is not to argue, but if Bill Cowher sat down tonight and made a short list of people he's close to being out of patience with, the first name after Holmes might well be Roethlisberger.

It's not like Roethlisberger hadn't been warned with Knievel-esque horror stories prior to living one, and the quarterback's celebrated "free spirit," everyone knows, has taken him into some unflattering situations in certain local taverns and even unwittingly onto the Internet.

Meanwhile, some gratifying number of Steelers fans squawked to the talk shows that it's outrageous and disappointing that Roethlisberger didn't talk first to the local media, the men and women who work at Steelers hindquarters most of the year and have nurtured his largely positive national image from the beginning.

Personally, in a week when Congress accepted an automatic bump for its members' salaries to $171,800 while stone-walling an increase in the minimum wage, when the Middle East exploded toward all-out war, oil prices spiked to record highs, Mayor Bob O'Connor battled a rare form of primary central nervous system lymphoma, and rebels likely continued throwing live babies onto bonfires in Darfur, I'm not real upset that Roethlisberger wasn't talking to me.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-28-2006, 07:53 PM
Holmes and Smith signed their contracts today, Holmes' about an hour before camp started tonight....

All rookies signed and in camp....

Va Beach VH Fan
07-28-2006, 07:56 PM
BTW, grabbed my $100 bet for the Steelers' repeating at 6-1 odds while I was in Vegas last week....

POJO_Risin
07-28-2006, 09:05 PM
Shit...if I'd known you were going...I'd have sent you some dough...

POJO_Risin
07-28-2006, 09:06 PM
I keep coming to the home opener...and up and coming Miami team looking to make a statement...

and the Super Bowl Champs...being overlooked by everyone...

looking to make a statement of their own...

Va Beach VH Fan
07-29-2006, 12:48 PM
NO ONE wearing the rings, I like the attitude.....

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06210/709599-66.stm

First-round pick Holmes, entire Steelers roster reports to training camp
Saturday, July 29, 2006

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

By 6 p.m. yesterday, all the Steelers were present and accounted for at Rooney Hall on the St. Vincent College campus in Latrobe, an accomplishment that might rival winning the Super Bowl itself, all things considered.

Ben Roethlisberger, the quarterback who mashed his head in a motorcycle accident fewer than seven weeks ago, showed up early in the afternoon. Receiver Santonio Holmes, the top rookie who has been arrested twice since he was drafted, came in right before the reporting time and signed a contract. Joey Porter, the veteran linebacker who privately considered holding out and had knee surgery in May, reported. So, too, did cornerback Ike Taylor, who is entering the final year of his contract, just like last year's holdout Hines Ward. And, of course, Bill Cowher, the coach who talked about retirement with associates last fall, started what could be his final training camp with the Steelers.

All joined the rest of their teammates -- 86 players in all -- and coaching staff to begin preparations to defend their Super Bowl championship.

Holmes became the final piece in place when he signed a five-year contract last night for $8.11 million, including $5.42 million in bonuses. The new collective bargaining agreement limits any forfeiture the Steelers could insert in that contract, but they included as many in as permitted for a rookie who reported to camp under the biggest cloud of any Steelers first-round choice in a generation or more.

Holmes, the 25th player chosen, was unavailable for comment because he was involved in signing his contract and then whisked off to meetings. But Kevin Colbert, the team's director of football operations, said the player has toed the line since his dual arrests, one in Miami Beach for disorderly conduct and the other in Columbus, Ohio, for domestic violence and where an Aug. 15 trial date has been set.

"Our opinion hasn't changed," Colbert said of Holmes. "Obviously, he had some incidents that are being dealt with legally, they're being dealt with on a league basis as well, and he's done everything that he is supposed to do to this point.

"It's up to him to take the next step. We feel comfortable that he will make all the necessary correct steps from this point forward, both on the field and off the field."

He'll have to deal with both during his 31/2-week stay at St. Vincent College. While Holmes and the Steelers are hopeful he can resolve his domestic violence charge before it goes to trial in 21/2 weeks, there's no promise it will happen. Also, he has had to answer to the NFL because of his two arrests, although Colbert could not say what that is or still could be.

He fell behind other rookies entering training camp because he was unable to participate in any of the Steelers' spring drills other than their three-day minicamp because of an NFL policy forbidding those rookies from doing so until their classes end.

Fellow rookie receiver Willie Reid, a third-round pick who signed his three-year contract yesterday, participated in all of their spring drills and felt it provided him with a head start for training camp.

"I feel pretty confident in what we're trying to do, what the philosophy is here," Reid said of the offense. "It helps out a whole lot just to go through that whole process."

Said Colbert, "You miss a lot of football learning, so there's a lot of catching up to do."

Despite Holmes' two arrests, Colbert said he has not changed his opinion of him.

"We still feel good about the kid. He's done all the right things since the incidents. We feel good that he's going to continue to do everything correctly.

"When you pick the player, you hope that he does everything you thought he could do and we still feel that way. Our beliefs haven't changed even though he set himself back with a couple of incidents. Those will play themselves out legally. He has the opportunity to make good and we think he'll make good."

Colbert said those "incidents" were another reason it was important for the team and Holmes that he arrive in training camp on time.

"When you get some negative attention, however you get it, you want to see something positive. We all wanted to see something positive. His representation, Joel Segal, has worked very well with us to make sure his player was here on time. Santonio himself was very pro-active about making sure he was here.

"He wants to do good, there's no question about that. He'll have his opportunities and we'll see how it unfolds these next couple of weeks. But it was important for everybody for him to be here to start off on the right foot."

POJO_Risin
07-29-2006, 06:05 PM
Yo Va...

I tried to get tickets today for the Steelers/Panthers...

8 fucking minutes...and they were sold out for all games...all year...

I didn't have any luck...did you?...not sure if you tried...

I'll see what's in the papers...

Va Beach VH Fan
07-29-2006, 06:09 PM
No, didn't really try to be honest....

POJO_Risin
07-29-2006, 06:10 PM
8 fucking minutes...

fucking rednecks...

Unchainme
07-29-2006, 06:11 PM
You could always watch them in cleveland, last year the stadium was like 75% steelers fans, and it obviously wasn't sold out.
Pissed me off, but could be a good chance for you guys to watch the steelers.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-29-2006, 06:13 PM
8 fucking minutes...

fucking rednecks...

Lots of Steeler fans down here...

The military is to thank for a lot of it, with the Norfolk/VA Beach area here and the Army/Marine bases down there...

POJO_Risin
07-29-2006, 06:23 PM
Well...we have 4 Steeler bars down here...

Raleigh is a hybrid...more for the Triangle than the military...

it's an extremely northern town...

Charlotte is very similar...

but yeah...Pope and Bragg are right down the street from Raleigh...I'm sure that doesn't hurt...

Unchainme
07-29-2006, 06:27 PM
The Steelers, If you can believe it, Have a bar across the street from The Hollywood walk of fame in LA. It's in a Hooters :).

guwapo_rocker
07-29-2006, 06:39 PM
Yo Va...

I tried to get tickets today for the Steelers/Panthers...

8 fucking minutes...and they were sold out for all games...all year...

I didn't have any luck...did you?...not sure if you tried...

I'll see what's in the papers...

Fuck, I forgot all about Panthers/Cowboys tickets!!!

Fuck.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-29-2006, 06:39 PM
8 fucking minutes...

fucking rednecks...

Plenty of seats on Ebay, and I'm sure a lot more now that tickets went on sale today....

How many should we try for ? 3, 4 ?? I think 4'd be easier ...

guwapo_rocker
07-29-2006, 07:12 PM
http://cgi.ebay.ca/PITTSBURGH-STEELERS-CAROLINA-PANTHERS-SUNDAY-DEC-17TH_W0QQitemZ130010916182QQihZ003QQcategoryZ16122 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.ca/4-Carolina-Panthers-v-Steelers-Tickets-50-YD-LINE-12-17_W0QQitemZ150008240898QQihZ005QQcategoryZ16122QQ rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.ca/2-Carolina-Panthers-v-Steelers-Tickets-50-YD-LINE-12-17_W0QQitemZ150008240217QQihZ005QQcategoryZ16122QQ rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.ca/2-Tickets-Carolina-Panthers-Pittsburgh-Steelers-12-17_W0QQitemZ260014404270QQihZ016QQcategoryZ16122QQ rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Va Beach VH Fan
07-29-2006, 08:16 PM
Yeah, there's plenty of them...

We'd need at least 3, my son wouldn't let me hear the end of it if I went to a Steelers game without him...

POJO_Risin
07-29-2006, 08:21 PM
I despise Ebay...

lmfao...

funny....because I fucking Love Vegas...

guwapo_rocker
07-29-2006, 08:29 PM
Yeah, there's plenty of them...

We'd need at least 3, my son wouldn't let me hear the end of it if I went to a Steelers game without him...

I saw one with 4 seats but it was like $800.00

Or was that for the Cowboys?

POJO_Risin
07-29-2006, 08:41 PM
That's the problem with EBay...I've gotten plenty of shit on there cheaper than the whores in bumfuck, NC...

but never anything I want...

that shit always...fucking goes to fucking high...

I wouldn't pay 800 bucks for any fucking game...anywhere...unless it was for 15 fucking seats...lmfao...

POJO_Risin
07-29-2006, 08:42 PM
I will tell you this...

there are far more Cowboy fans here in Carolina than Steeler fans...

I'm not really sure why...but I'm sure it has something to do with this being a force fed Washington Market...

Va Beach VH Fan
07-29-2006, 09:55 PM
Ditto.....

I'll keep an eye on the search list I saved...

Va Beach VH Fan
07-30-2006, 10:34 AM
Well, I give kudos to Santonio for ensuring his agent get his deal done in time for the beginning of training camp....

And, I will also give him the benefit of the doubt in his first press conference... Not everyone tells the press and the fans what they want to hear, so the fact that he's ready to play football will have to do for now....

Having said that, his comments yesterday raised some eyebrows, to say the least....

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06211/709787-87.stm

Cook: Steelers' top pick shows no remorse on arrests, says Big Ben didn't call
Sunday, July 30, 2006

By Ron Cook, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

This is how badly Santonio Holmes' welcome-to-Steelers-training-camp news conference went yesterday:

The kid essentially called Ben Roethlisberger a liar and it wasn't the worst part of the session.

The worst part was that Holmes showed absolutely no remorse for his two arrests in a three-week period late in the spring.

"I don't think I have anything to prove to anybody," he said, almost defiantly, his first public comments since the arrests. "People know what I can do on the field and they know the type of person I am off the field."

Actually, we don't.

We know Holmes was a special player at Ohio State. That's why the Steelers made him their No. 1 draft choice in April and signed him to a five-year, $8.11 million contract Friday, including a $5.42 million bonus. It's also why he could comfortably wear a red Buckeye Football T-shirt around the St. Vincent College campus yesterday with "Da Man" on the back.

But we don't know Holmes as a person. All we know is he was arrested on Memorial Day weekend in Miami on a disorderly conduct charge and again June 18 in Columbus, Ohio, on a domestic-abuse charge.

That's why it would have been nice if Holmes had pulled a Floyd Landis yesterday and asked us to wait to judge him until all the facts of his incidents are out. Remember, he hasn't been convicted of anything yet. It also would have been nice if he had said something like, maybe, "This isn't the way I wanted to start my career in Pittsburgh, but if you give me a chance, I'll prove to you the type of character I have."

But Holmes didn't do that.

He didn't even come close.

"I haven't gotten any negative feedback from one person since I've been in town the past month-and-a-half," Holmes said, leaving the impression he thinks it's perfectly normal for a guy to get arrested twice.

The whole scene was bizarre.

That's the only word to describe Holmes' response to a question about why he didn't return Roethlisberger's telephone calls after Big Ben reached out to him to show his support after his second arrest. "I called him a bunch of times and left a bunch of messages for him, and he never called me back, so I don't know how to take it," Roethlisberger told the Post-Gazette's Paul Zeise earlier this month. "The ball is in his court ..."

Responded Holmes: "I didn't get any calls from him."

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

That Holmes and Roethlisberger really do need to talk?

Maybe there's a logical explanation there. Maybe Roethlisberger had the wrong number for Holmes. Or maybe Holmes had a bad cell phone day and never got the messages.

Maybe.

But, no matter the circumstances, Holmes' answer made Roethlisberger look bad. Call me crazy, but I just don't see the wisdom in a rookie wide receiver making his quarterback look bad. Holmes' timing seemed especially jarring because, just two hours earlier, Roethlisberger had stood on the practice field after the team's grueling conditioning run and gushed about how glad he was that Holmes made it to camp on time without contract problems and how eager he was to work with him.

It's unclear when Holmes and Roethlisberger will chat, but Bill Cowher had a sit-down planned with Holmes last night. Wouldn't you have loved to be a fly on the wall during that conversation? Presumably, Cowher made clear his displeasure with the negative attention Holmes brought the Steelers and gave him a little unsolicited advice about the responsibility that goes with being a professional athlete. For Holmes' sake, here's hoping he showed a little more humility with the boss.

Hey, it's tough to be too hard on the kid. Holmes is 22 and, as he put it, "a young guy stepping into a great deal of things ahead of me." It's also understandable why he was on the defensive when he met the local media for the first time under these circumstances. There weren't the usual queries that a No. 1 pick gets about how it feels to suddenly be a multi-millionaire or how soon he expects to contribute to the team. Virtually the first question for Holmes was about the possibility of him having to miss camp time because of an Aug. 15 court date in Columbus on the domestic-abuse charge. He shrugged it off and indicated he plans on being on the practice field on Aug. 15.

"All of that is behind me," Holmes said. "As far as I know from talking to my attorneys, there's nothing more that I have to do."

That was the good news to come out of the session.

The only good news, unfortunately.

Young, immature and nervous or not, it's still hard to get by Holmes' complete lack of contrition.

That's why you'll have to forgive me if I'm not willing to share in his joy when he said, "It feels good to be a Steeler."

At this point, I'm not ready to say I'm happy that Holmes is a Steeler.

And the two arrests are only a part of it.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-30-2006, 10:40 AM
I wouldn't pay 800 bucks for any fucking game...anywhere...unless it was for 15 fucking seats...lmfao...

What's your limit on tickets bro....

C note ??

guwapo_rocker
07-30-2006, 10:44 AM
Maybe Roethlisberger had the wrong number for Holmes.

Or maybe Holmes was carrying a different stolen cell phone that day.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-30-2006, 06:40 PM
14,000 at the first practice, nice....

http://news.steelers.com/article/66311/

First practice draws 14,000
Sunday, July 30, 2006
By BOB LABRIOLA
Steelers.com

LATROBE, Pa. – On Saturday, this is what Coach Bill Cowher said:

"It's good to get everybody back in town. It certainly was a hectic offseason for a lot of different people, and it was good to get everybody back. We talked a little bit about last year last night, but after that, the focus is on this camp, this group of guys and trying to recapture and establish an identity, which you have to do every year. There is no easy way of doing it, there are no shortcuts in doing it. It's going to take a lot of hard work and sacrifice and an unselfish approach to their jobs."

On Sunday, the process began officially at 1 p.m., and it did so in front of a small city's worth of the Steelers Nation.

With the Steelers coming off a Super Bowl championship, record crowds are being predicted for the entirety of this training camp, and the Pennsylvania State Police had helicopters in the air as part of the traffic control. At one point, traffic was backed up along Route 30 for two miles from the entrance to St. Vincent College. Once all the cars were parked, officials estimated the crowd at 14,000.

"It was great," said Coach Bill Cowher about the reception. "I apologize to the people on the one hillside, because we had to move practice over (to the far field) because it was the best field we had (after all the rain). It's been fantastic. We have an unbelievable fan base, and it's greatly appreciated when they can come out here for these days because these are very grueling days.

"It was loud, and they were cheering for every little thing."

The loudest cheers were for Ben Roethlisberger when he made the walk down onto the field from the locker rooms; there were cheers for things that happened on the field. Clark Haggans even was cheered loudly when he needed to use the porta-john.

After the practice, Roethlisberger said he had cleared another hurdle on the road back from the motorcycle accident.

"It felt real good to get the arm loosened up, and the body to feel good and prove a lot of people wrong," said Roethlisberger, who then hustled over to a group of fans to sign autographs.

"All the doctors' reports have been that he's ready to go, and he says he's ready to go, so we're proceeding," said Cowher. "The more you can get out here, the more you can relieve some of the apprehension that's always going to be there. Until he takes the first hit in a game, that's going to be there, too."

Roethlisberger was very sharp during the initial portions of practice. His passes were crisp and on target, but then during 11-on-11 he was intercepted by Deshea Townsend on a pass intended for Nate Washington. Later, Cowher said Roethlisberger banged his thumb on a helmet during the follow-through on the throw but the quarterback didn't miss a repetition.

"I don't get hit for a long time, so I'm good," said Roethlisberger about his ability to take contact. "I want to let Coach know I'm ready whenever he needs me."

PRACTICE NOTES: During the pass rush/pass protection drills Andre Frazier and Shaun Nua had some moments for the defense, just as Willie Colon, Marvin Philip and Chris Kemoeatu did for the offense … Undrafted rookie defensive end Lee Vickers was impressive during the run-test, and once the pads went on he showed himself to have the same body type as Brett Keisel and Nua when they were rookies.

"It looked OK. It looked like the first day of practice," said Cowher in evaluating the afternoon. "We have a long way to go. We'll get a little more hitting in (Monday). It's good to get everybody out here, particular for some of the people who are new to our system. It's good to have everybody in camp, because it's going to be fast and furious from this day forward.

"Our team isn't where we need to be right now."

INJURY NOTES: Cowher said Mike Kudla came out of the practice with a hamstring injury, and he might be out for a couple of days. Dan Kreider aggravated a mid-foot injury.

twonabomber
07-31-2006, 01:57 AM
NO ONE wearing the rings, I like the attitude.....

they probably haven't gotten their rings yet anyways...first home game, no?

Unchainme
07-31-2006, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by twonabomber
they probably haven't gotten their rings yet anyways...first home game, no?

They'll probably do it before the Cleveland game, arrogant pricks :D, Than CBS will make a big deal about it. :rolleyes:

BTW, Have I told you all that CBS SUCKS ASS AT COVERING FOOTBALL.

twonabomber
07-31-2006, 02:03 AM
they won't wait until November for their rings. Browns/Steelers is here Nov. 19, and at Heinz Dec. 7. i may be looking for tix to either game, i'm kinda seeing a chick who's a Steelers fan. (insert Pojo laugh here)

does Beasley Reece still work for CBS? and who the fuck was Beasley Reece to begin with?

Unchainme
07-31-2006, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by twonabomber
does Beasley Reece still work for CBS? and who the fuck was Beasley Reece to begin with?

Gus Johnson is the worst, and we're always stuck with him. The stupid fucker hates the browns and you can tell. CBS needs to give up all their rights to ABC and NBC, and never cover football again.

March Madness, however is quite another story, they do alrght in that department.

Va Beach VH Fan
08-12-2006, 09:46 AM
Stillers open up their preseason schedule today at 4PM EST in Arizona, opening up their new stadium....

Ben probably will only play a series or two...

Ward and Porter won't play at all...

I'm interested to see Nate Washington, who's going to start at WR along with Wilson...

Holmes and Reid will play a bunch as well...

They have depth up the ass at WR....

Talk is as well that Verron Haynes is pushing Duce hard for the goalline RB job....

Damn, if Duce could stay healthy for a year, he's a very good RB WHEN HEALTHY....

On the defensive side of the ball, word is that Colclough is dangerously close of losing even his backup CB job... McFadden is looking great at CB....

POJO_Risin
08-12-2006, 05:39 PM
Ben went 3 for 4, and generally it sounded like he looked good.

Duce got 7 carries...only had 14 yards...but seeing him get 7 carries is interesting...

Pittsburgh was really spreading the ball around though...you could see they are seeing what they've got...

8 players with receptions in the first half...

NO TD's...but they were moving the ball...

no worries here.

You can nearly hear the difference in team mentality...

POJO_Risin
08-12-2006, 05:42 PM
They already received their rings...

now...will they have a ceremony during the first home game?

I'm sure they will...

Va Beach VH Fan
08-12-2006, 05:47 PM
The game is live on the NFL Network Poj....

Ben did look good, threw some good balls, across his body, etc...

Nice scrambling, escaped from a sack...

And the best part, IMO, is that he took a pretty good hit on the one sack.... It was actually a borderline late hit after the inital sack, dude went pretty high on him....

And it wouldn't be preseason if I didn't mention the very vanilla defense....

No blitzes, nothing special at all, hence the TD's....

The scrubs have been in since the 2nd series of the game....

POJO_Risin
08-12-2006, 05:54 PM
Yeah, I know...but my daughter is watching the incredibles...and the wife has little POJ' out and about...

so she wins out...I have no problem listening to the game...pre-season is to painful...

POJO_Risin
08-12-2006, 05:55 PM
Interesting that Holmes is getting a lot of looks, and a lot of playing time...

either teaching him a lesson...or trying to give him a chance to earn a higher slot????

Va Beach VH Fan
08-12-2006, 05:57 PM
They've been saying that he has a very good chance to win the #3 spot in the slot....

Va Beach VH Fan
08-12-2006, 06:00 PM
Damn, Anthony Smith (3rd round safety from Syracuse) just picked off his 2nd pass of the game....

Looking like a lot of depth there too....

POJO_Risin
08-12-2006, 06:19 PM
I've got no problem with depth...as long as the starters can shut shit down...

not worrying about the secondary gives me the warm fuzzies...

again...Va...

you can agree with me here...

going into last year...I'm not going to say we were thinking Bowl...but I DO think we were thinking the step up to the bowl...

I was thinking "year before..."

now...we win...

and the best part about it...is that nobody thinks they can do it again...

and I see this year's team having far less question marks...and much more depths IN MOST PLACES...

I'm STILL not happy with their RB situation...although a healthy Duce changes that...

but like their receivers better (never a fan of El as a #2)...their line is just as good...on both sides of the ball...

linebackers are old...but...not out of touch with greatness...they are at that state where they have the experience...and still the ability...

sort of like NE during their Bowl run...

Far less ???

Va Beach VH Fan
08-12-2006, 09:38 PM
Yeah, and I'm sure you agree, that's just the way we like it....

Outside of the pessimistic talk about how Roethlisberger can rebound from the accident, there has been relatively no talk at all about the team that won the Super Bowl last year....

It really appears that the idiot "experts" (I believe Salisbury has surpassed Theismann on my hatred list) really regard their Super Bowl run as a fluke....

That's fine I guess, let's fluke it again !!!!

Va Beach VH Fan
08-13-2006, 04:35 PM
Woohoo !! Buccos sweep the Cardinals.....

Duke, Snell, and Maholm all with very impressive starts....

The starting pitching is starting to jell...

Sure as hell not for this year, but for the future....

Get some damn power hitting, which my end up costing them one of those lefties, such as Maholm or Gorzelanny, and this team may finally turn it around....

POJO_Risin
08-13-2006, 05:19 PM
Or...they'll get good just in time for their contract year...

;)

POJO_Risin
08-13-2006, 05:21 PM
I did take note of the Pirates' sweep though...

more because of how spiralling the Cards have been of late...

This really is a team that's starting to look old and decrepit...

talk of Edmonds leaving...

no pitching...

and something on ESPN talking about LaRussa...perhaps ending his Cardinal tenure if not at the end of this year...than possible next year.

POJO_Risin
08-13-2006, 05:22 PM
spiraling or not...when you dump the first place team in a sweep...

no doubt something to give you hope for the future...

I, for one, would like the Pirates and Indians to peak at the right time...

Va Beach VH Fan
08-21-2006, 10:43 AM
Watched the replay of the Steelers/Vikings game Saturday night...

All I needed to see was on the Steelers' 1st possession...

Surprisingly, they did their Colts impression, going no-huddle all the way down the field, and scoring fairly easily on a decent defense...

Makes me wonder if they're considering opening up the offense more, I think that's exactly what they're gonna do....

Va Beach VH Fan
08-22-2006, 09:01 PM
Duce is reportedly on the trading block, and I'm really not surprised...

He hasn't looked good at all in the 2 preseason games, but then you listen to Cowher, and he sounds like Jim Brown...

One aspect that he doesn't mention but one that I think will happen... If Duce is cut, they'll make the trade for Duckett....

http://nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9614245

Many happy returns for Staley and Eagles?

By Adam Schefter
Special to NFL.com

Adam Schefter's "Around the League" reports and commentaries can be seen regularly on NFL Total Access.

(Aug. 22, 2006) -- The last two weeks of the preseason are when games are played and, more importantly, rosters are refined.

There are always surprise cuts, unexpected trades and intriguing moves that allow teams to make their final transactions before the season kicks off.

This summer, one of the biggest could come out of Pittsburgh -- and wind up in Philadelphia.

One NFL general manager said the Pittsburgh Steelers have been shopping running back Duce Staley, trying to see if any team would be willing to trade for him before the team would have to release him. It makes sense. Pittsburgh's backfield is chock full with Willie Parker entrenched as a starter, Verron Haynes as his backup, and running backs John Kuhn, Brandon Jones and Cedric Humes also vying for roster spots.

Pittsburgh's depth at the position makes it possible for it to deal Staley. Yet if Staley is sent packing from Pittsburgh either through a trade or a release, one possible landing spot would seem to be the Philadelphia Eagles who, to date, have not had any trade conversations with the Steelers. Should Staley be released, and it is within the realm of possibility, the Eagles could be on the list of teams interested in his services.

In recent seasons, the Eagles have made a habit out of bringing back longtime contributors and fan favorites. They did it with defensive end Hugh Douglas and linebackers Jeremiah Trotter and Shawn Barber. Now they could wind up doing the same with Staley, who built his name and reputation in Philadelphia. The move would generate big cheers from Eagles fans and, even more significant, from its players.

The Eagles are in the market for a big back and, earlier this week, visited with free agent Stephen Davis. No deal was reached there, but it doesn't mean the Eagles won't be looking for another bigger back that could help the team. The most logical fit would be Staley, who could wind up cut loose in Pittsburgh in the next two weeks.

Then, once again, Duce could be on the loose. In Philadelphia

Va Beach VH Fan
08-26-2006, 07:35 PM
Well, another ho-hum preseason performance.....

Duce just looks lousy, he's so hesitant....

Defense looked better....

Just tired of watching the vanilla plays, I'm ready for the season to start....

POJO_Risin
08-26-2006, 08:10 PM
Haynes will start ahead of him...no doubt...

Staley...what a bust...

such is life...

Duckett next year...onward an upward...;)

Va Beach VH Fan
08-29-2006, 07:39 PM
I just got the feeling he's gonna get cut...

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_468268.html

Cowher won't say if Staley's job in jeopardy

By The Associated Press
Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Duce Staley was on pace a couple of years ago for one of the best seasons by a Pittsburgh Steelers running back.
When the Steelers wrap up their exhibition schedule Thursday night against Carolina, Staley might be playing to remain with the team.

Steelers coach Bill Cowher isn't saying if Staley, a former starter who has looked slow during training camp and in games, is playing for a job. Perhaps the most telling indicator was he wouldn't say Monday that Staley isn't.

"I'm not ready to sit here and say that he isn't or he is," Cowher said. "The bottom line is that we have some tough decisions coming Thursday. I like the experience that he brings and what he's done. He's gotten better each week."

Even if that hasn't shown up in the game statistics. Staley has only 46 yards on 23 carries in three exhibition games, and was limited to 21 yards on 11 carries in a 16-7 loss Friday to Philadelphia. In 2004, Staley was averaging 101 yards through seven games before injuring a hamstring, and he has never regained his starting job.

Staley looked somewhat out of shape when camp opened, and Cowher said last week Staley would not be the goal-line and short-yardage back that Jerome Bettis was last season as Willie Parker's backup.

"Duce is working himself back into running shape," Cowher said last week.

With Parker likely to go only a series Thursday before being pulled — and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger expected to go no longer — Staley could get a lot of carries as the Steelers prepare to cut their roster over the weekend.

They cut eight players Monday, but none had made any impact during training camp.

"I thought he did fine," Cowher said of Staley's performance against the Eagles. "I think it's hard at this time, considering that we're not game planning, it's hard to pinpoint any one person. I'd like to see us be more consistent running the ball."

One problem, of course, is that Parker has carried only seven times in three games as the Steelers try to protect one of their most valuable players from injury. It's the same reason Roethlisberger has thrown only 22 passes while playing four series.

The starters rarely go more than a quarter, if that, in the final preseason game, and Cowher almost certainly won't change his philosophy. One reason is the Steelers won't have the usual 10 days off before their opener, but only a week since they play the NFL's season-opening game Sept. 7 against Miami.

What Cowher wants to eliminate, no matter who plays Thursday night at Heinz Field, are mistakes. The Steelers have seven fumbles, losing three, and four interceptions in three games.

"The two elements are turnovers and big plays — two things that have been showing up in these games," Cowher said. "We may be winning 80 percent of the snaps but then we turn it over and then you have nothing to show for the effort. Or you lose a third down and then you have nothing to show there. There are some things we have to do better and more consistently, but I'm encouraged by how we've played in the first halves of these games."

Not that Cowher is about to get worried if the Steelers lose all of their preseason games, something they've never done since he became their coach in 1992.

The Steelers have gone winless in exhibition play only twice in the last 41 years, in 1987 and 1965.

Of their four previous Super Bowl champion teams, only one had a losing preseason. The 1975 Steelers went 3-4, then went on to win a second Super Bowl in as many seasons.

Mr. Vengeance
08-30-2006, 09:06 PM
Some news for Steeler fans...

Steelers lock up Parker through 2009 season

By ALAN ROBINSON, AP Sports Writer
August 30, 2006

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Willie Parker, the former college backup who was an undrafted rookie before becoming a Super Bowl star with the Pittsburgh Steelers, signed a $13.6 million, four-year contract Thursday that runs through the 2009 season.

Parker, who rushed for 1,202 yards in his first season as an NFL starter last year, was an exclusive rights free agent who was effectively bound to the Steelers for at least two more seasons. He would have become a restricted rights free agent next year, with the Steelers able to match any offer to him.

The Steelers have a policy of not negotiating contracts once a season begins, so any new deal for Parker this year needed to be done by Sept. 7.

"You can see it in him -- the kid has some confidence now," Steelers coach Bill Cowher said during training camp. "You can see it the way he's running, the way he's catching the ball, the way he's blocking."

By signing Parker now, the Steelers get a proven runner with exceptional speed at a price below what the league's top backs get. He gets a $3.75 million signing bonus besides a $425,000 base salary this year, plus $3.6 million in base salary in 2009. The middle two years of the deal are worth a combined $5,825,000.

In two years with the Steelers, Parker has fulfilled the dream of every NFL scout: signing an undrafted player passed over by every other team who turns into a star.

Parker was recommended to the Steelers by Dan Rooney, the son of the team's Hall of Fame owner and a North Carolina-based scout. He recalled seeing Parker play in high school.

The 5-foot-10, 209-pound Parker was a reserve during his final season at North Carolina in 2003, ranking only fifth on the team in rushing with 213 yards in nine games. The Steelers signed him mostly because of his speed -- he is the fastest running back in team history -- and he played his way onto their roster in 2004 even though they already had proven backs Jerome Bettis and Duce Staley.

When Bettis moved into a reduced role in his final season last year and Staley was hurt during training camp, Parker became a starter. He ran for 272 yards in his first two games and ended the season with five 100-yard games. His 1,202 yards were sixth in team history.

He also ran for 225 yards in four playoff games and caught 10 passes with one touchdown. During the season, he had 18 catches for 218 yards and a touchdown.

Parker's 75-yard touchdown run early in the second half against Seattle was the longest in Super Bowl history and was the key play as the Steelers won 21-10 for their first NFL title in 26 years.

With Bettis retired, Parker might play a greater role in the Steelers offense this season. Previously, he almost always came off the field on third downs and in short-yardage and goal-line situations, but will be given a chance to run the ball when the Steelers are in scoring range this season.

"He's really shown, especially in this camp, that he's a strong inside runner," offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt said.

POJO_Risin
08-31-2006, 08:37 PM
Interesting deal...

I don't really know what the fuck to think about it...

I love Parker as that change of pace back...

not the bulk guy...

we'll see...

POJO_Risin
08-31-2006, 08:49 PM
Staley...18 carries...40 some yards....

not to good...

rumors back home...so says my pops...has him heading back to Philly...not sure in what way...

Va Beach VH Fan
08-31-2006, 08:54 PM
Yeah, I listened to the game for a while on the radio feed....

No Ben, no Hines, no Willie....

The GM shot down those rumors about a week ago...

I don't know if they can afford to cut him, they aren't THAT deep at running back....

POJO_Risin
08-31-2006, 08:59 PM
Talked to my dad last night...

and he said the rumors were still rumbling...

lmfao...

the gm shot down those rumors...

POJO_Risin
08-31-2006, 09:48 PM
I'll tell you what...Omar Jacobs has some skills...

great arm...can move...

I can see a year or two down the line...Roeth getting hurt...this kid coming in...

and bringing down a QB controversy...

He flicks his wrist...and the fucking ball takes off...wow...

raw skills

Va Beach VH Fan
09-01-2006, 04:58 PM
Hmmm....

Is this the beginning of the end for Duce ??

I would think at a minimum Poj, our boy Humes from VA Tech is a goner....

BTW, 2003 NCAA Div. I-A national rushing champ....

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&Show=SKILL&id=4053

Steelers acquired RB Patrick Cobbs from the Patriots in exchange for an undisclosed future draft pick.

The undrafted rookie out of North Texas was one of the preseason's better stories despite fumbling in New England's final exhibition Thursday. Cobbs likely bumps Cedric Humes off the Steelers' roster.

POJO_Risin
09-02-2006, 05:55 PM
Humes is gone...Duce hangs on by a thread...

Jacobs gone...

hell...all of their picks after 4 are gone but their 6th rounder are gone...

including Jacobs...

I think there's a good chance that someone takes that kid...if not...he ends up on the Steelers' practice squad. I know...with Ben there...wy worry about a young QB...but there's something about him...

also...

Dayne is available...

possible signing for Pittsburgh?

Va Beach VH Fan
09-02-2006, 07:41 PM
Oh, I agree, Omar should definitely be on the practice squad if he isn't picked up...

I don't know though, he had a pretty good preseason, he might get snatched....

BTW, the last two cuts turned out to be Quincy Morgan and Andre Frazier...

Really surprised they cut Morgan, he was a good possession receiver....

POJO_Risin
09-02-2006, 07:58 PM
Yeah...and Morgan can play some special teams...

interesting...

he did have a good preseason...any team that has an opening for a third qb...

I know Batch is more solid as the back up...a no brainer...

but damn...if they'd have plopped him at #2...just to hang onto him...woulnd't have been suprised.

Morgan will be picked up before I post this...

POJO_Risin
09-02-2006, 07:59 PM
What do you think about picking up Dayne, and dropping Staley...

personally...I think it's a match made in heaven...but hey...who am I to say...

and who wants a fucking Badger anyways...but...we'll see...