PDA

View Full Version : THE PITTSBURGH Sports CHATTER

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13

POJO_Risin
12-27-2009, 01:16 PM
Story of the season...Steelers miss opportunities...

Farrior pick...

followed by a crap run, a dropped pass in the endzone by Mendenhall...and a shit throw from Roeth...three so far this game...

Steelers up 3-0...

POJO_Risin
12-27-2009, 01:27 PM
missed tackles and shoddy secondary play give the Ravens their first drive and points of the season...

3-3...

POJO_Risin
12-27-2009, 07:32 PM
fuck the colts...fuck the eagles...

POJO_Risin
12-27-2009, 07:52 PM
forget what I said about the Eagles...

How about Ziggy Hood...making me eat my words about him being a bust so far...

Two sacks and an interception...or fumble...not sure what they ultimately called it...

He was a fucking beast late in the game when they needed it...with Keisel hurting...

I really think he's playing with a seperated shoulder...

POJO_Risin
12-27-2009, 07:56 PM
Not only does Pittsburgh have a 4,000 yard passer...but two thousand yard receivers in Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes, and a thousand yard rusher in Mendenhall...

well done...

POJO_Risin
12-27-2009, 08:11 PM
Tomlin continues to impress...with his no excuses...

<object width="384" height="216" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="ESPN_VIDEO" data="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all"><param name="movie" value="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="opaque"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"/><param name="flashVars" value="id=4774366"/></object>

chefcraig
12-27-2009, 08:12 PM
Anyone else notice the Colts fans booing at the end of the game? OK, so the perfect season is gone, yet they are still on their way to the play-offs. Somewhat disappointed? Sure. But to boo your team over it? Unreal.

POJO_Risin
12-27-2009, 08:25 PM
Okay...if it were to end today...

the Steelers would be out, and the Jets would be in with Baltimore...

Let me see if I can figure this out...

If Pittsburgh wins, and Baltimore loses...Pittsburgh is in no matter what...

If Baltimore wins, against the Raiders...

Then everyone is playing for one spot...

If the Jets beat Cincy (who's fighting for the third seed), they are in...if they lose, and the Steelers win...they are in...

that simple...Steelers have the tiebreaker against both Houston and Denver...Not sure why they have it over Houston...but read it in a Dale Lolley article earlier this week. I've checked, and it does look like Houston has the tiebreak over the Steelers...so that's what I need clarification on...

if we need Houston to lose...they play New England...

Not sure I like New England and Cincy to win to get us in...but both will be fighting for the #3 slot...which ironically...would be against the Steelers if they both win...

crazy...

as soon as there is anything official...I'll post it...

POJO_Risin
12-27-2009, 10:58 PM
Not looking good...

The Jets and the Texans to lose, which is distinctly possible...but not likely. Why? Houston plays New England at 1:00. If New England wins, which is likely if they play, and they usually do, they clinch the #3 seed over Cincinnati. Cincy plays at 8:15, and will know their deal, and will likely bench their players against the Jets. If the Jets win, they are in.

POJO_Risin
12-27-2009, 11:00 PM
Anyone else notice the Colts fans booing at the end of the game? OK, so the perfect season is gone, yet they are still on their way to the play-offs. Somewhat disappointed? Sure. But to boo your team over it? Unreal.

I'd have booed them too.

I can't stand professional stances that don't take into account the millions people pay to watch their teams win. To watch a fucking coach make excuses saying, "We don't owe anyone anything..." is fucking ridiculous...

If I had season tickets...or had my first tickets ever...and if manning sat...I'd be fucking livid...

POJO_Risin
12-28-2009, 04:52 PM
Pittsburgh can clinch a playoff spot with:

* a win (vs. Miami) and a Houston loss or tie (vs. New England) and a N.Y. Jets loss or tie (vs. Cincinnati) OR
* a win and a Houston loss or tie and a Baltimore loss or tie (vs. Oakland) OR
* a win and a N.Y. Jets loss or tie and a Baltimore loss or tie and a Denver loss or tie (vs. Kansas City)

POJO_Risin
12-28-2009, 04:53 PM
need a miracle...

Va Beach VH Fan
12-29-2009, 11:06 AM
Don't overlook Oakland....

They beat Philly and Cincy at home, plus Pittsburgh and Denver on the road...

It can be done....

POJO_Risin
12-29-2009, 01:05 PM
Oh I agree...the second scenario seems most likely...

the first scenario won't work, because Cincinnati will know if they have to win or not because they have the late game...and if they pull their starters...Cincy gets killed....and loves every second of it.

So we need New England to beat the piss out of Houston...the key though...IN HOUSTON...which could be tougher than it appears...and then we need Oakland to dump Baltimore...

that's the perfect scenario...and I believe would knock out Baltimore, depending on what happens to the other teams...which would make me laugh...

Bob_R
12-29-2009, 01:35 PM
Pittsburgh can clinch a playoff spot with:

* a win (vs. Miami) and a Houston loss or tie (vs. New England) and a N.Y. Jets loss or tie (vs. Cincinnati) OR
* a win and a Houston loss or tie and a Baltimore loss or tie (vs. Oakland) OR
* a win and a N.Y. Jets loss or tie and a Baltimore loss or tie and a Denver loss or tie (vs. Kansas City)

That's a piece of cake compared to what it is going to take for Jacksonville, Denver, or Miami to make the playoffs. :)

POJO_Risin
12-29-2009, 01:48 PM
That's a piece of cake compared to what it is going to take for Jacksonville, Denver, or Miami to make the playoffs. :)

Jax essentially needs the entire AFC to lose...

Miami needs to win...and then all the Steelers scenarios to take place...and then some...

Denver, on the other hand...has very similar scenarios as Pittsburgh, plus some...there are 10 to be exact...

Denver clinches a playoff spot with:

1. DEN win + NYJ loss or tie + BAL loss or tie OR

2. DEN win + NYJ loss or tie + PIT loss or tie OR

3. DEN win + NYJ loss or tie + HOU win OR

4. DEN win + BAL loss or tie + PIT loss or tie OR

5. DEN win + BAL loss or tie + HOU win OR

6. PIT loss + BAL loss + HOU loss + JAC loss OR

7. PIT loss + BAL loss + HOU loss + NYJ loss OR

8. PIT loss + BAL loss + JAC loss + NYJ loss OR

9. PIT loss + HOU loss + JAC loss + NYJ loss OR

10. MIA loss or tie + NYJ loss + BAL loss + HOU loss + JAC loss or tie

It's going to be a crazy...crazy day.

POJO_Risin
12-29-2009, 01:52 PM
Troy P is likely out this week...

but he is running...and he wants to play...so we shall see. I'd rather rest him, win without him...and hope for the best, that we make the playoffs and he's back for that game...

or at the very least...100% for next year.

POJO_Risin
01-01-2010, 02:31 PM
Hmmmm...another help in the Steelers column...

Denver scratches Brandon Marshall for final game...

I like it...I like it a lot...

Va Beach VH Fan
01-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Sure doesn't hurt, although I think KC beating Denver at Denver might be more unlikely than Oakland beating Baltimore in Oakland....

Va Beach VH Fan
01-01-2010, 04:50 PM
More good news....

Ricky Williams (questionable, shoulder) was limited in Friday's practice.

The Fins aren't planning to give Ricky a full workload even if he's active. Avoid this situation in fantasy leagues that extend into Week 17. Lex Hilliard might end up with more carries against Pittsburgh's No. 1 run defense.

POJO_Risin
01-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Can't forget about the main game...

Is Ricky retiring?

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Pittsburgh takes the lead...7-0 on a massive drive.

New England doing their part...which is sarcasm for not doing their part...down 7-0. I will say this. Tom Brady has three broken ribs, and Beli-Donna is apparently going to play him the entire game.

We shall see.

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Steelers and Dolphins now tied at 7....still 7-0 Houston...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 01:38 PM
Steelers up 14-7 on a 55-yard bomb to Mike Wallace...

boy...he may be the offensive MVP for Pittsburgh...he's every bit as important as Ward and Holmes...and has been as good a #3 receiver as they've ever had in recent years...

What a great...great pick...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 01:39 PM
New England ties the game...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Pittsburgh up 14-10...

New England up 10-7...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 01:53 PM
I will say this for Willie Parker...he's looked fresh for the first time in years...

Of course...who wouldn't after essentially having 2-years off...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Pittsburgh up 17-10...

Houston back up...13-10....

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 02:22 PM
Brady is out of the game...still the first half...

Brian Hoyer is now the QB for the Pats. Looks good so far...

but they'll be pulling defensive starters soon...

Fuck...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 02:23 PM
New England ties the game...13-13...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Pittsburgh driving...and about to put some points on the board...

and the New England backups take a seven point lead over Houston...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 03:05 PM
Heath Miller with a tiptoe TD catch...to give the Steelers a 14-point lead...

Now let's see the Steelers' D take over this game...for once...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 03:07 PM
New England's starting center went down as well...ouch...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 03:10 PM
Holy shit...Pat White was nearly killed...holy shit...

He got tripped...and went head first into Ike Turner's helmet...and was out...

He's moving his arms and legs...which is a good sign...

damn...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 03:11 PM
Christ...for a head injury...it's sure as shit taking a long time to get paramedics over...seriously...WTF...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 03:18 PM
The hit happened on the Steelers sideline right in front of Tomlin...and the second that the hit happened...Tomlin pumped his fist for the hit, and a split second later...began immediately waving over the Miami medical team...scary hit...

Hope the kid is alright...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 03:20 PM
New England goes up 14...so part one is in play for Pittsburgh...

Now we need help from either Oakland...or Cincy...if things remain as they are...

twonabomber
01-03-2010, 03:24 PM
i missed the hit, was outside shovelin'.

got PGH in over the air HD on the Youngstown station, and the Clowns on the dish...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 03:26 PM
Pittsburgh goes up 27-10...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Houston scores...

27-20 New England...9 1/2 minutes to go...and NE with the ball...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Miami goes right down the field and scores...fucking fourth quarter...christ...

Brady has been playing for New England...I hate BeliCrud...but again...you lose two players in the first half...and your QB has three broken ribs...and you still play him?

Gotta give him some credit...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Of course...as I say that...Brady gets sacked...NE punts...and Houston returns it deep into NE territory...

Houston looking to tie...

8 minutes left...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Houston...1st and 10 on the NE 11...

POJO_Risin
Houston...1st and goal on the NE 1...

POJO_Risin
Houston TD...ties NE...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Fuck ME....

Miami just scored another TD...deep ball...go figure...

8 minutes left...Pittsburgh up 27-24...

Deshea Townsend just wasted...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Even better news...Tom Brady intercepted...Houston with the ball deep in NE territory...

well fuck if it isn't falling all apart in front of my eyes...

that's it...Ike Turner and Townsend leading prayer on the sideline. Yeah guys...pray...that'll get it done...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Houston 1st and goal on the NE 10...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Houston...2nd and goal on the NE 3...

and Pittsburgh is fucking running the ball right up the middle...doing nothing...

fuck 'em...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Roeth fumbles...Miami ball...

Roeth looks hurt...the season is going right out the window...

chefcraig
01-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Man, that hit on White was scary. You could hear a pin drop in the stadium. I agree, it took an awfully long time to get him off the field, which is in itself not good news. His hands were moving, so that's something to hold out hope for.

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Ryan Clark...Steelers interception...christ...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Houston TD...they take the lead...

Roethlisberger is fucking hurt...can barely move his arm...folks...looks like the season is over...win or lose...christ...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Man, that hit on White was scary. You could hear a pin drop in the stadium. I agree, it took an awfully long time to get him off the field, which is in itself not good news. His hands were moving, so that's something to hold out hope for.

Yeah...he was moving his legs as well...and he rolled over...but damn...He was out before he hit the ground...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 03:56 PM
1:54 to go...NE with the ball at their own 34...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 03:56 PM
Brady out of the game...christ...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 03:58 PM
NE...1st and 10...Houston 41...

We know Roeth is hurt you fucking loud mouth fuck...just fucking let the camera show it...Dierdork...what a piece of shit announcer...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 04:00 PM
two NE penalties...for fuck's sake...1st and 25...from the Houston 46...34 seconds left...

and god only knows how much Roeth is hurting that shoulder...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 04:00 PM
It was first and 15...

rushing play?...gained 12 yards...but wtf...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 04:02 PM
Looks like Pittsburgh is going to hold on...but there's no leeway now...

Oakland HAS to beat Baltimore...

and Cincy HAS to beat the Jets...

and I doubt either is going to happen...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 04:02 PM
NE loses...fuckers...blow a 14-point lead...fuck...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 04:04 PM
3. PIT win + NYJ loss or tie + BAL loss or tie + DEN loss or tie

This is the only scenario left...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Game over...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Well...for what it's worth...

KC just took a 7-0 lead on Denver...

Va Beach VH Fan
01-03-2010, 04:42 PM
Brady out of the game...christ...

Fucking Belichek pulls Brady out for the last drive ??

BUSH LEAGUE !!!!!!!!

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 04:46 PM
Not nearly as Bush as the Colts laying down for the Jets last week...

Brady with three broken ribs...your #1 receiver out with a knee injury...and your #1 center out with an ankle injury...

Patriots down 7...

Yeah...it's Bush League...but way down the list compared to some other fucking teams in this league...

POJO_Risin
01-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Regardless...Pittsburgh loses five in a row against mostly shit teams...

They win one of those games...and today's game means fucking nothing...

Baltimore up seven...and playing like the douchebags they are...talk about a Bush-League team...

Va Beach VH Fan
01-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Oh well, they didn't really deserve to make the playoffs anyway....

109 days until the draft !!!! Woohoo !!!!!

I'm thinking CB 1st round, without a doubt....

Unchainme
01-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Oh well, they didn't really deserve to make the playoffs anyway....

109 days until the draft !!!! Woohoo !!!!!

I'm thinking CB 1st round, without a doubt....

I'm thinking guard for you guys.

POJO_Risin
01-04-2010, 12:05 AM
Who the hell knows which direction they'll go in the draft. I've not paid a whole lot of attention, but I was watching the Gator Bowl, and they were talking about Patrick Robinson being the top cornerback in the next draft. I don't know much about the kid..but he wasn't even first team ACC...

They may also go Safety...with Clark and Carter UFA's...maybe a guy like USC's Taylor Mays...who I think will move up past where the Steelers pick...which is 18 I think.

Now Ras-I Dowling is a big corner...and is a corner/safety hybrid...not sure that's what they need...but who the fuck knows...

My guess is that they should or will go offensive line....but you know Pittsburgh...they could throw a swerve in there...and with Casey Hampton a free agent and old...they could go NT...that kid from Alabama perhaps...although he's fat...like Hampton...

Who the fuck knows...

Va Beach VH Fan
01-04-2010, 09:11 AM
I'm thinking guard for you guys.

If they go O-line, gotta be tackle...

Va Beach VH Fan
01-04-2010, 09:13 AM
Who the hell knows which direction they'll go in the draft. I've not paid a whole lot of attention, but I was watching the Gator Bowl, and they were talking about Patrick Robinson being the top cornerback in the next draft. I don't know much about the kid..but he wasn't even first team ACC...

They may also go Safety...with Clark and Carter UFA's...maybe a guy like USC's Taylor Mays...who I think will move up past where the Steelers pick...which is 18 I think.

Now Ras-I Dowling is a big corner...and is a corner/safety hybrid...not sure that's what they need...but who the fuck knows...

My guess is that they should or will go offensive line....but you know Pittsburgh...they could throw a swerve in there...and with Casey Hampton a free agent and old...they could go NT...that kid from Alabama perhaps...although he's fat...like Hampton...

Who the fuck knows...

That CB Haden from Florida is coming out now also... Doubt he'll be around at #18, if they stay there...

Va Beach VH Fan
01-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Bruce Arians on the way out as offensive coordinator.....

There is a God...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2010, 11:24 AM
Bruce Arians on the way out as offensive coordinator.....

There is a God...

Famous Last Words...is there some way we can blame Arians for Ben?

POJO_Risin
04-24-2010, 11:33 AM
Well...Pittsburgh takes Maurkice Pouncey with their first pick...and finally get what could be an anchor in that line. My hope was that they'd grab another lineman...but they didn't.....

Their second pick was, IMO, a bit of a reach with Jason Worilds ...although the kid was ranked everywhere from the beginning of the second round...to the bottom of the third. He's an explosive pass rusher that played a down lineman in college...but will be an outside linebacker in the pro game. The Steelers are hoping that they have another Lamarr Woodley, and not another Bruce Davis.

The third round...they take Sanders from SMU...who I believe is going to be better than many receivers ahead of him...but I also believe they could have gotten the kid in the fourth round.

In the fourth round, they take Thaddeus Gibson from tOSU...as another OLB...and this pick baffles the hell out of me. They obviously drafted him for insurance...perhaps they fell Woodley will cost too much. He has a ton of upside...

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE DEFENSIVE BACKFIELD?

Surely they aren't counting on Keenan Lewis and Joe Burnett.

So...here's where we are...at that precipice in which Cowher's players start rotating away...and Tomlin's players start rotating in.

Now we find out if Tomlin is a good coach, or if he has his head up his ass.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2010, 11:53 AM
Man, I wish the Steelers would have traded up to get either Bruce Campbell in the fourth...or taken the d-back from IUP at their slot...again...big tOSU fan, but the Gibson pick makes no sense to me...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2010, 12:58 PM
Chris Scott in the fifth round...a big future guard for the Steelers...good pick in the fifth round...may have a bit of Max Starks in him though...and I don't like that. Still...the Steelers finally adding what appears to be quality depth.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2010, 12:59 PM
Three more picks in the fifth...let's see if they address the corner, safety and/or dline now...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2010, 01:02 PM
Steelers just dealt their next fifth round pick to the Cardinals...not sure for what yet...maybe a third or fourth next year?

POJO_Risin
04-24-2010, 01:06 PM
Wow...

Nice move for the Steelers...they deal their fifth round pick to Arizona for Bryant McFadden...

That will help their corners...way better than Gay...and those other jokes...you don't get a McFadden in the fifth round...of course...he costs more...

OK...they now have addressed their corners...

Alan Faneca is going to be released...could he be coming home too?

POJO_Risin
04-24-2010, 01:12 PM
The Steelers also get a sixth round pick...

So, the Steelers end up dealing Santonio Holmes for Bryant McFadden and a sixth rounder...

much more palatable than a fifth rounder....

POJO_Risin
04-24-2010, 01:21 PM
I would think Pittsburgh would now be looking at either dline or safety...maybe running back?

Va Beach VH Fan
04-27-2010, 08:45 PM
Yeah, I was going nuts since they didn't draft a CB, then saw they traded for McFadden, so that took care of that....

Overall, I guess it was a decent draft.... We'll see if Gibson can turn out to be another Mike Wallace....

POJO_Risin
04-28-2010, 11:58 PM
We'll see...

It's one of those drafts that I've got no feel for...not even their #1 pick.

They obviously racked up all those linebackers so they can pressure the QB...and take the pressure off the secondary...

but without Troy healthy, and can we really expect him to be much....

It stops being all that effective.

As for McFadden...signed a new deal...

chefcraig
06-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Steelers shrug off release of Roethlisberger DVDs

By JOE MANDAK (AP) – 17 minutes ago

PITTSBURGH — DVDs? What DVDs?

That, generally, was the reaction of several Pittsburgh Steelers asked about more than 50 audio recordings and DVDs released Wednesday by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation from its investigation of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

Roethlisberger was accused of sexually assaulting a college student during a night of partying in the small Georgia town of Milledgeville on March 5. No charges were filed against Roethlisberger, but he did receive a six-game suspension from the NFL for his behavior.

The GBI released DVDs to the media showing video and audio recordings of the interviews that were conducted, along with photos from the scene and surveillance tapes.

The release of the information drew little reaction at the Steelers' minicamp Wednesday.

Roethlisberger didn't take questions and was escorted from the indoor training field on a rainy day by a team spokesman. Wide receiver Hines Ward spent more time talking about a rained-out charity softball game, and safety Troy Polamalu spoke mostly about returning from a season-ending knee injury.

"It's not even something that's being discussed," backup quarterback Charlie Batch said of the release of the investigative information.

Why? "Because it has nothing to do with football," he said.

Willie Colon, the only teammate with Roethlisberger at the Georgia nightclub, said he learned only Wednesday morning that the DVDs, including one of his police interview, were being released to the public, and hasn't had a chance to speak with Roethlisberger about it.

"I had no idea that it was going to be released to the public," Colon said. "So, whatever comes out, comes out and I'm going to go accordingly."

Tight end Heath Miller thought a reporter was asking him about an official team video.

"Oh, I didn't know what you were talking about," Miller said. "I thought you were talking about a highlight DVD or something."

Asked about the DVDs, Polamalu said, "It's the first time I've heard of it."

Polamalu doesn't think players are ignoring the issue specifically. He said athletes just tune out the media — period — an ironic comment from perhaps the most polite, media-friendly member of the Steelers.

"I think it's the nature of any athlete not to pay attention to what the media says, whether it's talking about who's gonna win the game, who's weak, who's good, who's bad ...," Polamalu said.

Ward said he wasn't aware of the DVDs until someone mentioned it to him before he spoke to reporters.

"But it'd be cool kind of to watch and see if you was interested in it but, it's not going to change the fact that he's still suspended," he said. "I mean, so, to be honest it really doesn't matter."

Still, Ward believes the experience — and the suspension — have changed Roethlisberger.

"When you take the game of football away from somebody, it's very humbling," Ward said. "I know he's itching at the bit to get back out on the field and to have success like he's had over the years."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iJAlPa76EqTPwYp6rVlNf5F7H8oQD9G7VEQ80

Va Beach VH Fan
06-09-2010, 04:49 PM
I could care less, honestly....

Everyone knows he fucked up, he got EXTREMELY lucky that his fat ass isn't in jail right now....

He'll have that incident as an asterisk for the rest of his life....

But I'm just ready to move on and sweat out the 1st four weeks of the season....

POJO_Risin
06-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Willie Colon out for the year...I think it's a good thing...

Va Beach VH Fan
06-28-2010, 08:12 PM
Well, they aren't exactly fat (no pun intended) on the O-line....

POJO_Risin
06-28-2010, 08:47 PM
Shit Va...I still think we have a shot...let's try out...

Va Beach VH Fan
06-28-2010, 09:44 PM
Well, I'll be up there, trying to beat out Leftwich for QB while Ben's out... ;)

POJO_Risin
07-24-2010, 07:05 PM
Bill Cowher's wife died yesterday of breast cancer. Sad...for the whole family.

It does make things clearer though, with regards to Cowher and his decision-making over the past several years with regards to the Steelers, and other jobs.

Finally, someone actually does the right thing...

Va Beach VH Fan
07-25-2010, 07:51 PM
I didn't even know she was diagnosed, sad....

POJO_Risin
09-05-2010, 11:55 AM
Justin Hartwig cut...not a surprise considering Pouncey's started both games this past week...and looks pretty good...although there has been several mistakes. He DOES lock up a lot in the middle though. I've never laid the blame on Hartwig. I knew he was average, but you do have to wonder how much can lay at his door step...

Pouncey is already better...

POJO_Risin
09-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Rumors abound that the Steelers may be bringing back Willie Parker...

I like their backs right now...and it came down to the wire. Not sure Parker is the right move...but...certainly knows the system...and would come at a lower price...

POJO_Risin
09-06-2010, 07:40 PM
I'm a bit surprised here, but the STeelers are going to be starting Dennis Dixon this weekend, which is what I thought to be, the right move. However, it appears as though the vets on the team all want Batch to start, siting the fact that Dixon still doesn't have a grasp of the playbook.

This could be an interesting year for Pittsburgh. I'm starting to wonder if Tomlin has the respect of these vets...and I still question the Steelers so easily dumping Santonio Holmes, while hanging onto Roeth...

I know Holmes transgressions are all black and white fact, but you could really make a case, rape or not, that Roeth's moves were as questionable without murdering someone as you can get...and the Steelers are supporting him...twice...

Interesting all round....

SilvioDante
09-07-2010, 06:03 AM
I'm a bit surprised here, but the STeelers are going to be starting Dennis Dixon this weekend, which is what I thought to be, the right move. However, it appears as though the vets on the team all want Batch to start, siting the fact that Dixon still doesn't have a grasp of the playbook.

This could be an interesting year for Pittsburgh. I'm starting to wonder if Tomlin has the respect of these vets...and I still question the Steelers so easily dumping Santonio Holmes, while hanging onto Roeth...

I know Holmes transgressions are all black and white fact, but you could really make a case, rape or not, that Roeth's moves were as questionable without murdering someone as you can get...and the Steelers are supporting him...twice...

Interesting all round....

First, I was hoping for Batch. I know he is made of glass and all, but he should have played until he got hurt. Dixon looked horrible with the 1's against the Lions...

This was far from Holmes first transgression. He was arrested twice in 2006. then the arrest in 2009. Ben has NEVER been charged with anything.

I do agree with Ben's suspension, and also agree the next time he should be gone...

POJO_Risin
09-07-2010, 12:14 PM
First, I was hoping for Batch. I know he is made of glass and all, but he should have played until he got hurt. Dixon looked horrible with the 1's against the Lions...

This was far from Holmes first transgression. He was arrested twice in 2006. then the arrest in 2009. Ben has NEVER been charged with anything.

I do agree with Ben's suspension, and also agree the next time he should be gone...

He was arrested three times Silvio...and all three times...the charges were dropped. So he has exactly the same amount of actual charges as Roeth.

So...transgressions not substantiated...

Roeth 2
Holmes 3

Holmes was suspended for violating the substance abuse property...black and white.
Roeth was suspended for acting, admittedly, like a fucking douchebag.

Need I remind you...that if you or I did EXACTLY what he did...we'd be listed as sexual predators for the rest of our lives...

In a pure football sense, we need the guy, but it's really hard to get behind a guy that got a girl drunk, drug her into a bathroom, had his buddies block the door...

Then have consensual sex...with the hammered girl...

I think Holmes and Roeth are both douchebags, and both should have been cut. Just my two cents. Now, I'll just continue to back the Steelers, and hope they win the Super Bowl thanks to a fucking fantastic running game and receivers...without acknowledging the idiot behind the center.

Terry Bradshaw was dead on...

POJO_Risin
09-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Okay...I'm officially on to the football side of things...done with Roeth and his character...

Va Beach VH Fan
09-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Some of these fans act like they starting watching football in like 2004 or something...

Dixon is nothing but Kordell Part Deux.... He's damn near a carbon copy - No pocket presence, no accuracy, just a fast QB....

Batch, while made of glass, has always performed well as a backup to Ben....

I don't like this decision one bit.....

SilvioDante
09-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Okay...I'm officially on to the football side of things...done with Roeth and his character...

Sorry I must reply then we will be done...

Don't get me wrong, I have a daughter and I think Ben is scum. I was for cutting, trading him, whatever and somewhat a little disappointed the Rooney's didnt' go further. I was just making a point that legally, Tone was in somewhat more consistent trouble than Ben...

I know a lot of macho guys think that Ben has a right to be a fat, drunk and stupid no helmet wearing potential rapist, and I guess he does. But as a Steelers fan, that kind of lifestyle will not make for a long career and I want a QB committed to the franchise. That is why I wanted him gone, not necessarily for moral reasons, but for common sense reasons.

Now back to our regular programming...

chefcraig
09-07-2010, 03:43 PM
So, is the general thinking that Dixon will start while holding Batch in reserve based upon Batch's supposed frailty? I guess that makes sense, rather than starting Batch, watching him go down and throwing in Dixon without much of an insurance policy. Either way, counting the bi, this is going to be a long five weeks for you guys. :(

POJO_Risin
09-07-2010, 03:56 PM
So, is the general thinking that Dixon will start while holding Batch in reserve based upon Batch's supposed frailty? I guess that makes sense, rather than starting Batch, watching him go down and throwing in Dixon without much of an insurance policy. Either way, counting the bi, this is going to be a long five weeks for you guys. :(

Maybe...maybe not. I really did like the idea of Batch starting, and Dixon coming in as a change of pace..."Slash"-type player. While I agree that Batch isn't a mistake-maker, I do think he is more than a year past being able to stay healthy. As much as they may have to wheedle down the playbook for Dixon, they have to wheedle it down for Batch...

I don't like either option, to be honest...

SilvioDante
09-07-2010, 05:30 PM
"Slash"-type player.

That statement made me throw up in my mouth...

I don't like either option, to be honest...

That pretty much sums it up for me... I think we will be lucky to be 1-3 by week 5. God I hate losing to the Titans...

POJO_Risin
09-07-2010, 09:34 PM
I do like Mike Tomlin's style...

We all know Roeth starts no matter what...but he throws some momentum behind Dixon...his current starter.... (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5543326)

Va Beach VH Fan
09-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Is there anything this fucking kid CAN'T do ??

<object width="640" height="383" id="embed" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://video.penguins.nhl.com/videocenter/embed.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="flashVars" value="catid=0&id=75020&server=http://video.penguins.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.penguins.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/" /><embed name="embed" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" src="http://video.penguins.nhl.com/videocenter/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="383" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashVars="catid=0&id=75020&server=http://video.penguins.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.penguins.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/"></embed></object>

POJO_Risin
09-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Yeah...he can't say out or about...without saying Oooot or aboot...

SilvioDante
09-09-2010, 05:56 AM
Is there anything this fucking kid CAN'T do ??

Can he play quarterback and is he busy the next 4 weeks?

Von Halen
09-09-2010, 07:10 AM
Do the Steelers have a white man left in their organization?

Seshmeister
09-09-2010, 08:08 AM
http://www.facebook.com/profile/pic.php?oid=AAAAAwAgACAAAAAP9gZgdu0CKaFOtc337F33Hg pmSF8bj3pJufIHNNYqsZNRCzowvcao9GL7ANPfraWPCiUACblF oOdia9YqyN4OfYs-mc26jX25wE1lsrC2yIsHIx5mXh67LpMoqUe2bzRU&size=normal

Libby Patcher, Season Ticket Assistant

POJO_Risin
09-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Libby Patcher?

POJO_Risin
09-09-2010, 08:27 PM
You obviously haven't seen Dennis Dixon with his fucking helmet off...

http://www.lebasketbawl.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Powder-4.28a.jpg

POJO_Risin
09-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Max Starks is out...looked bad...leg rolled under...either a sprained knee or high ankle...or something more serious with the knee. Scott looking okay with help...

Casey Hampton out with a hamstring...

Va Beach VH Fan
09-12-2010, 04:59 PM
Yeah, good they got the win, but looks like they might have two significant injuries..

POJO_Risin
09-12-2010, 05:56 PM
We'll see...

Starks' injury looked bad.

I'm hoping Hampton's wasn't so much. Be healthy and 2-2 after the bye week...and I'll be ecstatic....

Va Beach VH Fan
09-12-2010, 06:16 PM
High ankle sprain for Starks, not good for someone 6'8" 345lbs....

POJO_Risin
09-12-2010, 06:31 PM
I saw that...but I also heard Tomlin say they were going to MRI the fucker to make sure...

Hampton could be back next week...

POJO_Risin
09-12-2010, 06:35 PM
I read a couple of articles that said Jonathan Scott did a great job in Starks stead...I don't agree...

There were a couple of runs his way...but Spaeth and Miller were both there as well...

On passing downs...he was getting bumrushed...

We'll need Hampton against Tennessee...

SilvioDante
09-13-2010, 06:27 AM
Michael Turner is a pretty good running back and we shut him down. Not Chris Johnson. maybe, but still really good. I think we will be OK without Big Snack if need be. Ryan is a better pocket passer than Young. Count on VY to have a couple brain cramps against our zone blitz.

Our offense made Atlanta look like the '85 Bears for most of the game. That is where I am worried. I think we can run on them. They must feel like they have D-line probs or they don't even discuss taking Haynesworth back (I know he's not a runnstopper, just looking at the overalll)...

Oilers 19
Steelers 9

Va Beach VH Fan
09-13-2010, 10:04 AM
Last year: Chris Johnson - 15 rushes, 57 yards vs. the Steelers, including a 32 yard run....

POJO_Risin
09-14-2010, 10:53 PM
The key to beating this team is to keep them off-balanced...and Pittsburgh's D can do that easily...especially with Young in there.

If I remember correctly...it was week 1 we played them last year...the Game Polamalu was fucking everywhere until he got hurt. CJ...had that big run in the first quarter...I think...and it was within their scripted plays I'm betting. I think that big play was the same one that Polamalu got called for a personal foul...for a late hit out of bounds. There was that one-handed int...he may have had another 15-yarder as well...

I just remember thinking that he had about a half-season of highlights and lowlights, and was out of the game before the half...

While Pittsburgh's D should hold him to an underperformance...last year's performance was the first game of the season...and if anyone saw any games this past week...these teams look like high school football...

Fuck it...Pittsburgh's going to win...

Unchainme
09-14-2010, 11:25 PM
Can we bring back the oilers?

And then give the city of Cleveland back the "Browns" that play with those gay ass purple and black uni's, and just re-start the AFC central.

seriously, fuck baltimore and modell.

Was curious how you guys felt of the AFC Central from back in the day? was amazed in particular how great it was from '78 to '81 which to me was probably the toughest division ever.

SilvioDante
09-15-2010, 06:10 AM
Well, first off, I hate the Browns and all, but I felt sorry for the Cleveland fans. They were great fans and those were great games. (I still see Eric Metcalf running back punts in my nightmares...)

That is one of the problems living this close to Nashville. I hated the Oilers growing up, and now I miss Steelers games on TV here because the Oilers are at home playing the Raiders. Makes me sick... I remember Bud Adams wasn't originally going to change the Oilers name, but he got almost absolutely NO fan support (meaning 2,000 seats left for the opening game at LP Field), so he changed the name. Tennesseans wanted a new identity for the team, he fought it but gave in eventually...

And don't fool yourself and listen to the Northeastern bias of the four-letter-network. The AFC Central-North IS THE BEST DIVISION IN FOOTBALL.

SilvioDante
09-19-2010, 05:29 PM
Well, I have seen a lot of Steelers games in my day, the these last 2 have been maybe the best defensive games I have ever seen. 7 TO today... Are you kidding me? I was counting on VY making some mistakes because he is borderline retarded, but 7 TO's.... Wow. And with what Atlanta did today, makes last week look a lot better.

The amazing thing, we are down to basically our 4th string QB, with a makeshift o-line, and were 2-0.... Can't ask for much better...

POJO_Risin
09-19-2010, 06:47 PM
Well Dante...I wanted two wins out of the first four...and we got them. The only problem with this team so far has been the red zone...but you know it will be better with Ben.

The defense is fucking wicked...

We need another receiver...

But the line is playing well. We need it to get healthy...but boy...this team is good...

POJO_Risin
09-19-2010, 06:52 PM
Of course...I say how good the line is...and the fucking quarterbacks are going down like flies...

Brister called...he's available...

SilvioDante
09-19-2010, 07:02 PM
I think we are OK at receiver. Then again, we haven't had a REAL QB back there this season. I will wait until Ben is back to make a true assessment on our receivers.

I think this team is out to prove a point, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Just check out Tomlin's postgame presser. There were literally tears in his eyes.

I was hoping for 2-2, but preparing for 1-3. This defensive effort is reminding me of the season Bradshaw got hurt and the defense locked down...

POJO_Risin
09-19-2010, 07:12 PM
While I don't have a problem with Hines Ward...I'm pretty sure we've seen his best, and are about to see a decline.

He's not the same receiver...

There may be some other guys there that ultimately can fill the role, but losing Holmes is huge as this team plays down the road...

chefcraig
09-19-2010, 07:28 PM
POJ, SI's Peter King is reporting that Byron Leftwich will be resigned sometime Monday morning.

Va Beach VH Fan
09-19-2010, 08:38 PM
That was assumed as soon as he was released the other day...

2-0 is fucking outstanding, and I think they should go to 3-0 if they don't let up at Tampa Bay.... (POJ: You know the word I'm thinking of, starts with a T and ends with a P...)

I knew that the QB situation would leave the offense hobbled, to put it lightly, but I didn't expect it to be THIS mediocre....

To be fair though, I thought Batch had some good throws, but they were just deflected at the last second....

The defense is just more of the same.... The run defense is nearly impossible to run against, and the pass defense is horrendous, unless you make the mistake of throwing around Polamalu.... I really think they have the worse prevent defense in the league.....

I'm tired of saying how bad Ike Taylor sucks... His contract is up after this year, they better let him fucking walk.... He's going to get a huge contract because of the Steelers defense, not because he's any good....

Anyway, good road win......

2-0 Steelers sure as hell is better than 0-2 Cowboys, that's for sure....

POJO_Risin
09-19-2010, 09:12 PM
Yeah Chef....he's already guaranteed his contract for the season. Pittsburgh dumped him to add a defensive lineman...

They'll sign him first thing tomorrow...

I just don't know why the fuck they even play prevent. Just play their regular D...and keep troy back. If they overload with receivers...christ...you'd think they'd be able to get another cover corner....fucking somewhere...

Their starting linebackers...all four...just might start in the pro bowl...Harrison, Woodley and Timmons are a fucking lock...and alls Farrior does is tackle everyone...

I still say that Timmons is their best linebacker. He's figured it out...and is fucking everywhere. Woodley is such a force on the pass rush...

and Harrison...he's such a disruptor...and when he has a chip on his shoulder..as he does whenever he plays fucking Tennessee...look the fuck out.

The key to the D is TroyP...he evens it all out...

SilvioDante
09-19-2010, 09:29 PM
This D has always been about the front 7. All the secondary has to be is good enough. Troy accomplishes that. He is so good he makes this secondary just good enough. I have been told by the media and locals that this o-line of the Oilers is one of the best in the NFL. Chris Johnson is suppose to be the best back in the NFL. This defense DESTROYED them. Sacks, INT's and no running game. The Oilers were suppose to be contenders after last week. Well....

POJO - I agree about Hines, but he is very valuable as a leader and teacher right now. Wallace will be fine, El will be serviceable this year. I think we could have some young studs at WR just learning and waiting for their chance.

POJO_Risin
09-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Yeah...Emmannuel Sanders just might be another Mike Wallace...we shall see...

I just hope he gets some PT this year...

POJO_Risin
09-19-2010, 11:44 PM
Harrison is a fucking beast...he totally took the game over in the third quarter. Tennessee had one yard in the third quarter, with Harrison making five tackles, two sacks and forcing two fumbles - in 12 plays.

SilvioDante
09-20-2010, 05:58 AM
Harrison is a fucking beast...he totally took the game over in the third quarter. Tennessee had one yard in the third quarter, with Harrison making five tackles, two sacks and forcing two fumbles - in 12 plays.

I always forget... how many times did we cut this guy??????

SilvioDante
09-20-2010, 06:00 AM
Having to live down here in Oiler country and listening to the talk ever since the schedule came out, I gotta say this win is almost as sweet as one of the Super Bowls. The local sports talk radio shows here had this game as a loss back in July...

I am one happy camper today...

Va Beach VH Fan
09-20-2010, 12:45 PM
Their starting linebackers...all four...just might start in the pro bowl...Harrison, Woodley and Timmons are a fucking lock...and alls Farrior does is tackle everyone...

I was thinking the same thing Poj... They could have those three START the Pro Bowl, and no one who wasn't a blatant homer should disagree....

Va Beach VH Fan
09-20-2010, 12:49 PM
I always forget... how many times did we cut this guy??????

The Steelers cut him 3 times, the Ravens cut him once....

POJO_Risin
09-25-2010, 11:58 PM
...and harrison keeps getting better...

Hmmmm....

Tomorrow's game is one of those junction points.

Are the Steelers a team that takes everyone serious...or do they drop a notch with teams that aren't on the same theoretical level?

POJO_Risin
09-26-2010, 12:00 AM
With that said...

Steelers win...

23-6...

SilvioDante
09-26-2010, 09:03 AM
With that said...

Steelers win...

23-6...

That's kind of where I was going with the score.

Steelers 20
Fucs 9

I believe Batch plays better with a week of practice, just hope we can keep him upright. He is made of glass as you know, but then again, it seems like ALL of or QB's are made of glass.....

POJO_Risin
09-26-2010, 09:38 AM
Rumor has it that Todd Blackledge was in for a tryout...

SilvioDante
09-26-2010, 10:19 AM
Rumor has it that Todd Blackledge was in for a tryout...

Really.... I heard it was Mark Malone or Kent Graham....

POJO_Risin
09-26-2010, 10:30 AM
...nope...really it was Mike Tomczak, but only after they burned Cliff Stoudt in effigy during a Pittsburgh Maulers rally...

Va Beach VH Fan
09-26-2010, 10:47 AM
This is a scary game... One, even with QB #4, they SHOULD win....

But this is also eerily similar to those away games a few years ago when they were undefeated, at Arizona, at the Jets, etc....

POJO_Risin
09-26-2010, 10:49 AM
This is a scary game... One, even with QB #4, they SHOULD win....

But this is also eerily similar to those away games a few years ago when they were undefeated, at Arizona, at the Jets, etc....

Yep...definitely similar...

The only way they lose this game though...is if their quarterback play is stodgy...which it very well could be...

SilvioDante
09-26-2010, 11:17 AM
The only way they lose this game though...is if their quarterback play is stodgy...which it very well could be...

I really don't care if the quarterback play is "stodgy". If this D plays like is has, Josh Freeman will have a LONG day. He could make Vince Young's day look impressive.

I really don't see Tomlin "losing" this team at least until Ben gets back. Everyone is drinking the kool aid for now. With last year's losses against KC, Oakland and the Brownies, I worry that as the years goes on, there will be a loss of focus, but not now. They seem to have an "us against the world" thing going right now. (See Tomlin's post game presser with tears in his eyes...)

Last week they proved they can destroy a contender and win by just a TD. More to come today, except that Tampa Bay is hardly a contender...

POJO_Risin
09-26-2010, 12:03 PM
I really don't care if the quarterback play is "stodgy". If this D plays like is has, Josh Freeman will have a LONG day. He could make Vince Young's day look impressive.

I really don't see Tomlin "losing" this team at least until Ben gets back. Everyone is drinking the kool aid for now. With last year's losses against KC, Oakland and the Brownies, I worry that as the years goes on, there will be a loss of focus, but not now. They seem to have an "us against the world" thing going right now. (See Tomlin's post game presser with tears in his eyes...)

Last week they proved they can destroy a contender and win by just a TD. More to come today, except that Tampa Bay is hardly a contender...

Agreed. Right now, their only major weakness is QB...and Ike...

and QB isn't really a weakness because Batch doesn't make major mistakes...

If he does...they can lose.

I don't see the D dropping the ball.

If Mendenhall goes off...well...boom...I do like Tampa's D though...

POJO_Risin
09-26-2010, 02:34 PM
With that said...

Steelers win...

23-6...

Yeah...um...I guess I meant...

FIRST HALF scores...;)

SilvioDante
09-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Another thumpin'.....

I think we just played a weak team. Batch seemed OK... Missed the 1st pick, second one was bad... Nice to see Mendenhall get all those carries and hold on to the freakin' ball...I am a moron for benching Wallace on my fantasy team, but they hadn't done anything on O this year. The only thing that made me mad today...

And the D is, well, the D...

Next week is the cliched "throw the records out the window" game....

POJO_Risin
09-26-2010, 06:36 PM
Another thumpin'.....

I think we just played a weak team. Batch seemed OK... Missed the 1st pick, second one was bad... Nice to see Mendenhall get all those carries and hold on to the freakin' ball...I am a moron for benching Wallace on my fantasy team, but they hadn't done anything on O this year. The only thing that made me mad today...

And the D is, well, the D...

Next week is the cliched "throw the records out the window" game....

Flacco threw the ball a lot today...I'd expect the same...if we get pressure on him...

We win handily...

It wasn't a pretty win...and those two catches were partial luck by Wallace...

but it's not a typical Steelers team. Normally...Va nails these trap games...and this turned into just the opposite.

It never works this way...but if it does...how good is this team WITH Ben?

SilvioDante
09-26-2010, 06:58 PM
Flacco threw the ball a lot today...I'd expect the same...if we get pressure on him...

We win handily...

It wasn't a pretty win...and those two catches were partial luck by Wallace...

but it's not a typical Steelers team. Normally...Va nails these trap games...and this turned into just the opposite.

It never works this way...but if it does...how good is this team WITH Ben?

It sure wasn't a pretty win, we had some ugly losses last year (KC, Oak. and Cleve.) so a ugly win is a win...

You are right, this is not you average Steeler team.

Mendy is liable to go BERSERK after we get Ben back. We saw today what he can do now if opponents have to respect the pass..

I just hope Tomlin can keep that chip firmly attached to the shoulder. If he can, this team is goin' places...

POJO_Risin
09-26-2010, 07:02 PM
Here's the thing about this team.

We now know that the offensive line can do it's job. They aren't perfect...but...they are actually good...

and...

...they actually have some depth...

and...

...they are interchangeable...

most of the lineman...if you are paying attention...have been playing on both sides of the ball...whether by injury...or freshness...

So if Ben comes back, and he gets lit up...well...

we know why...

But if this line holds up...and Roeth doesn't get beat up...

It's a long...long...long...season...

Va Beach VH Fan
10-24-2010, 10:35 PM
Ugly-ass win, but they count just as much as the pretty ones.....

Could be costly though, looks like Aaron Smith is out for the year with torn triceps....

Woodley tweaked his hamstring, but he said it was only minor....

Flozell looked like he sprained his ankle pretty badly....

Next up are the Saints on Halloween night, who got smoked at home by the Brownies....

POJO_Risin
10-24-2010, 10:41 PM
Yeah...thank god we were fucking deep to begin with...but shit...

This could get uglier than that win...on the road...against a pretty good team.

Now...we got the Saints...on the road...on Sunday Night...after they get rolled by Cleveland...

somehow...that all doesn't add up to anything positive...now does it...

Va Beach VH Fan
10-24-2010, 10:57 PM
Yeah, I can just see Brees nickel and diming those CB's up and down the field....

POJO_Risin
10-24-2010, 11:02 PM
Especially with linemen out...and Woodley not at 100%...although Worlids is a player...

He needs another move other than the speed rush...but he can move...and has a nose for the ball..

POJO_Risin
10-24-2010, 11:04 PM
Timmons just isn't the same player when he's playing outside linebacker...he disappeared today...keep Worilds in the game as the starter....

ODShowtime
10-25-2010, 09:35 PM
Ugly-ass win, but they count just as much as the pretty ones.....

Could be costly though, looks like Aaron Smith is out for the year with torn triceps....

Woodley tweaked his hamstring, but he said it was only minor....

Flozell looked like he sprained his ankle pretty badly....

Next up are the Saints on Halloween night, who got smoked at home by the Brownies....

That SUCKS about Smith. I don't know how the Steelers will replace him. I did win $20 betting the Dolphins wouldn't get 100 yards on the ground but with Smith out I probably won't try it again.

POJO_Risin
10-25-2010, 11:25 PM
At 34...even a young 34...this could be it for the Steelers lineman...he had the same injury in 2007 I think...not 100% sure....but missed the Jacksonville games late in the year...at least the playoff game.

Too bad...

I do think...although difficult...that the Steelers can replace him if the rest are healthy. If Keisel comes back...there are players that can take his place...not as well...but nearly...and they can drop Harrison/Woodley into a three-point...as they've done in the past.

We'll see though. If healthy...they are as deep as they've ever been...

Va Beach VH Fan
11-15-2010, 09:55 PM
Personally, I don't think anything will change until the day when they spend some money, but anyways, the Bucs have a new manager.....

Pirates tap Hurdle as new manager

PITTSBURGH -- He cracked a joke as he took the stage. His booming voice needed no assistance from the microphone.

Yes, newly introduced manager Clint Hurdle talked through many of the same goals delineated by those managers who have come before him -- restoring pride in the organization, building a winning club, engaging a passionate fan base. But for those who criticized John Russell's stoic demeanor, Russell's successor is truly his opposite.

An engaging speaker with a gregarious personality, Hurdle introduced himself to the Pirates' fan base in a Monday morning news conference at PNC Park. There, he repeatedly spit out the phrase, "All in," a slogan that captures his approach to the job and his promise from management about the team's direction.

"This wasn't about taking a job because it was a sure thing," Hurdle emphasized. "This was about taking an opportunity that felt sure. And it fit right. I felt comfortable with the people that I was going to be getting after the job with.

"This is eventually going to turn," he added, specifically referencing the club's string of 18 straight losing seasons. "There is not a doubt in my mind that this is eventually going to turn. I wanted to get on board now, because I believe this is the time it's going to start turning."

Hurdle is now the 39th manager in team history, though none of the past five have been able to produce a winning season in Pittsburgh. He was a candidate that, general manager Neal Huntington confirmed on Monday, the organization highlighted the day Russell was dismissed.

Due to the Rangers' run to the World Series, the Pirates couldn't formally interview Hurdle until Nov. 4. However, that month-long waiting period afforded the organization to do extensive research on its top candidate.

Huntington estimated that he talked with 30 different people about Hurdle's credentials and philosophy. And when Hurdle was finally brought in for an in-person interview, it confirmed everything management had been led to believe.

"We had been told that he was going to be a remarkable interviewee just because of the presence and the intelligence and the passion," Huntington said. "But the alignment of where he is philosophically and where we are philosophically was a terrific fit right away.

"He has the ability to help young men grow up and mature and be ready to take the next step, yet he's also a person that can relate to veteran players and help them get better. He believes in being unified. He believes in cohesion. He believes in a lot of the same things we believe in."

Hurdle, 53, takes over a club that lost a Major League-worst 105 games in 2010. Still, it's one that Hurdle said he sees as very similar to the Rockies' club that he guided to the World Series in '07.

Hurdle joked about how unpopular it was to don a Rockies jersey in 2002, the year that he first stepped in as Colorado's manger. That rebuilding process took plenty of steps and some time, but it did come to fruition five years later. That, Hurdle asserted, is where he sees Pittsburgh headed.

"I'm not going to shy away from talking about a championship," Hurdle said. "I really don't care what people think. You have a young nucleus of good players that grow up together, they learn together, they stumble together, they fight together, and through it all, they emerge as champions together.

"We're headed in the right direction. It's not about taking our time to get there. There's some urgency."

Hurdle noted the starting point, mentioning a handful of times the need for the team to pitch and defend better. Pittsburgh finished last in the league in both areas. Hurdle said he expects to help Huntington identify potential pitching additions this offseason. Deficiencies specifically in the infield defense, he said, will also be addressed.

Hurdle, who turned down a second interview for the Mets' managerial opening to accept this job, noted that management's answers to his questions during the interview put to rest any trepidation that he had about joining the organization.

He asked pointed questions about payroll flexibility and about the pieces in place. He wanted to know more about the plan that Huntington and president Frank Coonelly put in place three years ago, in order to make sure that their short- and long-term goals lined up with his.

"We talked very openly about where we are, where we plan to go and how we plan to get there," Huntington said. "Obviously, he was comfortable."

Hurdle emphasized that he was. He also noted that through his research of the organization -- which included discussions with former Pirates manager Jim Leyland and Rangers owner Chuck Greenberg, a Pittsburgh native -- he felt more and more sure that this would be an ideal fit.

"I know where the Pirates organization has been," Hurdle said. "I know where it is now, and I know where we want to go. I was extremely appreciative of the way [management] defended the fort. They defended the work that had been done and the process that is in place."

The work now begins immediately for Hurdle, as a coaching staff must be assembled and offseason needs must soon be addressed.

Hurdle had the opportunity to meet infielder Neil Walker and reliever Joel Hanrahan at Sunday night's Steelers-Patriots game in Pittsburgh, and he plans to meet other players in upcoming mini-camps. Those who he isn't able to meet face-to-face will likely receive a phone call.

There's the task of getting settled in Pittsburgh, a city that Hurdle said he and his wife, Karla, are excited to make their new home. Fittingly, that new home will be but a few hours away from the legendary coach whose quote Hurdle has kept written on a piece of paper in his pocket for the past 12 years. On Monday, Hurdle pulled it out.

"You've got to believe deep inside yourself that you're destined to do great things," Hurdle read, the words coming from Penn State football coach Joe Paterno.

His challenge is now turning such belief into tangible change.

"I'm going to be upfront. I'm proud to be a Pirate," Hurdle said. "We're not going to back down from anybody. We're going to show up and we're going to play. Our focus is going to be on a commitment of excellence that is unique and that is real. We're going to hold ourselves to a very high degree of accountability and responsibility.

"I'm all in."

POJO_Risin
11-16-2010, 02:07 PM
I like Hurdle...but I agree...the only way you break out of mediocrity is to revamp your minors, and have five or six guys coming up together...like the Rays...

Or...

spend SOME money...

POJO_Risin
11-16-2010, 02:08 PM
Well..can't say that I blame them...but now they've got a guy who has to refigure out Heinz Field.

Yo Va...wasn't he with Pittsburgh a few years back in some capacity?

Here's the Link: Steelers cut Reed for Suisham... (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5813026)

Va Beach VH Fan
11-16-2010, 04:55 PM
Yeah, Suisham was in Steelers camp in 2005....

Va Beach VH Fan
11-16-2010, 04:57 PM
I like Hurdle...but I agree...the only way you break out of mediocrity is to revamp your minors, and have five or six guys coming up together...like the Rays...

Or...

spend SOME money...

Well, their minor leagues are vastly better in the last couple of years....

They have some of the best young arms in baseball the last two years, some are in AA, some in A, and some just started Rookie Ball, like the two best arms in the draft last year, Jameson Taillon and Stetson Allie, plus the #1 young international pitcher, 16 year old Luis Heredia from Mexico....

So it's gonna be a couple more years, but I finally see some light at the end of the tunnel.....

SilvioDante
11-16-2010, 05:25 PM
Well..can't say that I blame them...but now they've got a guy who has to refigure out Heinz Field.

Yo Va...wasn't he with Pittsburgh a few years back in some capacity?

Here's the Link: Steelers cut Reed for Suisham... (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5813026)

So, I guess Skippy's gonna take the fall for Arians being a horrble OC, LeBeau unable to adjust to Brady after 10 seasons and Tomlin unable to manage the clock. Not to mention a beat up line unable to run block....

POJO_Risin
11-16-2010, 05:47 PM
plus the #1 young international pitcher, 16 year old Luis Heredia from Mexico.....

That made me chuckle...

POJO_Risin
11-16-2010, 05:54 PM
Well, their minor leagues are vastly better in the last couple of years....

They have some of the best young arms in baseball the last two years, some are in AA, some in A, and some just started Rookie Ball, like the two best arms in the draft last year, Jameson Taillon and Stetson Allie, plus the #1 young international pitcher, 16 year old Luis Heredia from Mexico....

So it's gonna be a couple more years, but I finally see some light at the end of the tunnel.....

Yeah...I'm sure the #1 reason they brought in Huntington was to start revamping the front office...

I like Allie...went to St. Ed's in Cleveland...great...great stuff...thought the Tribe would go after him...as a closer...

Va Beach VH Fan
11-16-2010, 10:42 PM
He slipped to the 2nd round because everyone was sure he was going to go to UNC..... Bucs took him and showed him the $$$$....

And, oh by the way, he hit 102MPH last spring....

POJO_Risin
11-16-2010, 10:59 PM
What the hell is in the cheerios these kids eat!

Let's hope the Pirates don't blow out this kid's arm...;)

Not that they would...mind you...

It's just hard not to unleash these kiddos...

TFM_Dale
12-03-2010, 12:15 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's sprained foot is actually broken, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported Thursday.

The Post-Gazette said that the fifth metatarsal bone or the outside metatarsal on his right foot was broken during the first quarter of the Steelers' win Sunday in Buffalo.

The Steelers, who have listed the quarterback's foot as sprained, denied that Roethlisberger's foot was broken in a statement Thursday. The team said the injury is simply "an aggravation of an old injury where scar tissue is present."

Roethlisberger was limited in practice Thursday, but said he plans to play Sunday against Baltimore. He has not missed a snap since returning Oct. 17 from his four-game suspension.

Roethlisberger has been wearing a reinforced shoe in practice that stabilizes the foot yet allows enough movement to play, but according to the Post-Gazette, he has a heavy limp without the shoe and has been wearing a protective boot when off the field.

Pittsburgh offensive coordinator Bruce Arians told the Post-Gazette that the injury shouldn't impact the team's game plan against the Ravens.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5876391

Va Beach VH Fan
12-03-2010, 10:36 AM
They're saying that his foot was previously broken, and this injury is due to the scar tissue built up....

Unfortunately, I don't think it matters much... I've seen too many of these games vs. the Ravens to predict what's going to happen....

1. Ravens blitz until the cows come home.
2. Steelers (read Arians, Bruce) refuse to call any plays that will not only counteract, but burn the Ravens for blitzing all the time, such as draws, screens and quick slants...
3. Ray Rice will have an average game, like around 80 yards or so.
4. Steelers CB's continue to give Ravens WR's a 10 yard cushion, thus making Flacco out to be Johnny Fucking Unitas.

Ravens by 10.....

SilvioDante
12-06-2010, 05:55 AM
You know, if the league hates James Harrison, Ben and the Steelers and LOVES Manning, Brady and Brees, I am cool with that. Let the pretty boys be the face of the league, that's fine. And I don't wanna be that guy, but...

JUST DON'T MAKE IT SO OBVIOUS!!!

For the love of GOD, could you imagine what would have happened is Harrison would have hit Manning in the nose. They probably would have had him shot at half time. You KNOW there would have been a flag. EASILY a fine over $50,000. And the hit on Miller... If that guy doesn't get over $25,000, it will just prove my point (no flag on that either...)

I guess the crackdown is just against the Steelers...

Va Beach VH Fan
12-06-2010, 06:29 AM
Not to mention the hit that Heath Miller took.... Jesus Christ, that was bad....

chefcraig
12-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Wannstedt out after six seasons as Pitt coach

By ALAN ROBINSON The Associated Press (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/07/AR2010120704875.html)
Tuesday, December 7, 2010; 4:48 PM

PITTSBURGH -- Dave Wannstedt is out as Pitt football coach following a disappointing season in which the Panthers were big favorites to win a weak Big East Conference, only to finish 7-5 and qualify for a minor bowl.

Pitt called a 5:30 p.m. EST news conference to announce that the former Bears and Dolphins coach was stepping down, under pressure from athletic director Steve Pederson. Wannstedt, highly respected by Pitt's administration, is expected to stay with the school in a non-coaching position.

Wannstedt's six-season tenure was marked by upset losses to teams such as Ohio University and Bowling Green and a failure to play in a BCS bowl.

Von Halen
12-07-2010, 06:31 PM
Good. That hairlip motherfucker is a HORRIBLE coach that should never, ever, get another head coaching job anywhere.

Va Beach VH Fan
12-07-2010, 06:33 PM
Meh....

I never thought Pitt was as good during the times when people thought they were among the top teams in the country....

chefcraig
12-07-2010, 06:36 PM
You can only imagine how I feel about the guy, after he drove the Dolphins into the ground.

POJO_Risin
12-07-2010, 11:57 PM
Wannstedt out after six seasons as Pitt coach

By ALAN ROBINSON The Associated Press (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/07/AR2010120704875.html)
Tuesday, December 7, 2010; 4:48 PM

PITTSBURGH -- Dave Wannstedt is out as Pitt football coach following a disappointing season in which the Panthers were big favorites to win a weak Big East Conference, only to finish 7-5 and qualify for a minor bowl.

Pitt called a 5:30 p.m. EST news conference to announce that the former Bears and Dolphins coach was stepping down, under pressure from athletic director Steve Pederson. Wannstedt, highly respected by Pitt's administration, is expected to stay with the school in a non-coaching position.

Wannstedt's six-season tenure was marked by upset losses to teams such as Ohio University and Bowling Green and a failure to play in a BCS bowl.

Imagine if the Steelers chose this fuck instead of Cowher all those years ago...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07294/827301-66.stm

BigBadBrian
12-09-2010, 07:52 AM
Not to mention the hit that Heath Miller took.... Jesus Christ, that was bad....

Personally, I thought that was a good fair hit.

SilvioDante
12-09-2010, 03:30 PM

I believe it was a legal hit also. It was just as legal as Harrison's on Massaquoi that he was fined $75,000 for....

Bob_R
12-09-2010, 03:34 PM

Nah. It was the poster video/hit for what they're trying to stop.

If that's not fined just don't fine anyone.

Just my .02 cents.

Unchainme
12-29-2010, 01:29 PM
A question to be asked

on a steelers board I frequent, the fans there keep insisting that the Browns rivalry is dead and buried and that the Ravens is the new permanent number 1 rivalry.

Can I call bullshit on that? I've been to Baltimore and the sorrounding areas several times, and it's not a sports sort of area by any means. Quite the opposite, I got the impression that most of the people had like this.."I was a band geek in high school and after the game on sunday me and the wife go antiquing" vibe. And when I'm in Pittsburgh and my hometown? I get a vibe of true fans who are loyal and love their team, and love the game of football from High School on up.

So my question is, do you guys feel that the true rivalry is with the Browns or the Rats?

chefcraig
12-29-2010, 02:02 PM
So my question is, do you guys feel that the true rivalry is with the Browns or the Rats?

That's an interesting question. To an an old school outsider like me, the Raven/Steelers rivalry would not even exist if Art Modell hadn't moved the Browns to Baltimore, thus establishing the Ravens/Steelers feud. So the move could be seen as an extension of the Browns/Steelers deal, although altered by geography. The thing is, no true Browns fan could in good conscience support the Ravens. Furthermore, it's hard to call the Ravens/Steelers deal a true rivalry, simply because there isn't any foundation of history behind it (other than the imagined continuation of the Browns during the period they were absent from the league). This is further compounded by the idea that the Ravens themselves were mere replacements for the beloved Colts, whose owner pulled a Modell-like move himself in leaving town in the middle of the night.

No matter how you look at it, the true legacies and fan bases of the Browns, Ravens and even the Colts are huge, messed up deals, so attempting to pinpoint just where one begins and the next one ends seems to be an exercise in abject futility. Like I said, I'm speaking as an outsider, yet I can not begin to imagine what a local football fan feels about the subject.

Va Beach VH Fan
12-29-2010, 05:02 PM
Well, as is said often when discussing rivalries, for a rivalry to be an actual one, both teams have to win fairly equally....

The Browns have sucked since they came back to life, so it's not up to the level it used to be....

The Ravens and Steelers have been close to equal for several years now, so it's closer to a rivalry nowadays than the Browns...

Unchainme
12-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Well, as is said often when discussing rivalries, for a rivalry to be an actual one, both teams have to win fairly equally....

The Browns have sucked since they came back to life, so it's not up to the level it used to be....

The Ravens and Steelers have been close to equal for several years now, so it's closer to a rivalry nowadays than the Browns...

Yeah, but be real, it's not the same or as good as the Browns/Steeler rivalry was back in the day.

Again, I get the feeling that the Browns are a sleeping giant at the moment, and the Rat fanbase is very much the paper tiger. I believe the main reason the Colts moved in the 1980's was due in part to the fans in the STD Capital of the Word not giving a shit, this even during the the late 70's when the Bert Jones led Colts were a consistent playoff team, they struggled to sell out.

Va Beach VH Fan
12-29-2010, 06:33 PM
Yeah, but be real, it's not the same or as good as the Browns/Steeler rivalry was back in the day.

Again, I get the feeling that the Browns are a sleeping giant at the moment, and the Rat fanbase is very much the paper tiger. I believe the main reason the Colts moved in the 1980's was due in part to the fans in the STD Capital of the Word not giving a shit, this even during the the late 70's when the Bert Jones led Colts were a consistent playoff team, they struggled to sell out.

The rivalry in the '70's was dirtier, you could get away with much more back in those days....

The rivalry with the Ravens is just as much hard hitting, but it will never match the things such as the Turkey Jones hit on Bradshaw, not to mention the fights in the stands between the fans....

Good Wiki article on it.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Browns%E2%80%93Steelers_rivalry

POJO_Risin
12-29-2010, 10:58 PM
The rivalry between Pittsburgh and Cleveland is always there...and always will be. It's a rivalry between similar cities, with similar backgrounds. It's like having a step brother that you can't stand. They may move away, but they are always the bane of your existence come holidays, or in this case....when they play each other. I'll never forget seeing the Pirates play the Indians in Cleveland. As a devout Indians fan, above all other sports, I didn't feel a rivalry with the Pirates for any reason. I hadn't lived in Cleveland for awhile, and had spent some time in Erie, which at best, is a mix of Browns/Pittsburgh/Buffalo...so you lose the tenacity for the hate. Anyways, I was sitting in the club seats in right field...when a guy with a Pirates shirt sat in front of me. We struck up a conversation before the game...he was from Pittsburgh...following the Pirates (yeah...believe that). Anyways, a quartet of drunk Tribe fans behind me got more and more irritated at the shirt...and his retro-70's pie-hat style Pirates cap. It didn't end pretty...and after beers spilt over Pittsburgh boy...the Tribe fans were escorted out...as was the Pirates guy. Anyways....an inning goes by, and Tribe fans were escorted right back. I asked them what happened, and they said, "The ushers took us to the bathroom and told us to wait an inning until we got rid of the Pittsburgh scum." I asked them what was wrong with the Pirates, and they all unanimously said..."nothing, other than the Pittsburgh on the front of their jerseys." I don't even think they had Pittsburgh on the front of their jerseys...but you get the point.

The better term for Steelers fans and the Cleveland rivalry is that it's dormant. I grew up in Cleveland, and my family were season ticket holders for the Browns until they moved...so I've actually seen more Browns-Steelers games in Cleveland, than in Pittsburgh. If you've ever been to a game in either place, you know that the rivalry is still there...it's just...different.

In Pittsburgh, the Cleveland game is always a worry because of the former rivalry, but not much more than that. It's not a game that we sit around thinking about any more...the way it was in the past. Pittsburgh hates Cleveland...Cleveland hates Pittsburgh. That's just the way it is.

Now...the rivalry with Baltimore is strictly an "on the field" rivalry. I could give two shits about the city of Baltimore. As a Cleveland-born...I fucking hate the shit out of them for stealing the hometown football team (and thus...robbing the Steelers of their moron cousins)...but as a Steelers fan, I could give a shit less about all that. Let me put it this way...in 2000, Rod Woodson, a former Steeler, said that the Ravens D of the time was the best in the history of football. Then...they win the Super Bowl. They are a defense-minded team, with blustery, big-mouth players...set in the mold of the old Steelers. Hell...if you look at the two teams, the reflect each other in the mirror.

So the on-the-field rivalry is bigger in Baltimore now...and was in Cincy as well...and I'd say New England fits in their too, although since they beat us like bitches...we're more like Cleveland in that rivalry.

You see...the Browns really have nothing to hang their hat on now except for four games a year...with the traitorish Ravens, and the Steelers.

100 years from now...there likely won't be a Ravens Steelers rivalry...but Cleveland and Pittsburgh goes much beyond the football field, and always will...cheap hits...wins on the field...dominance on one side or the other notwithstanding...

Unchainme
12-30-2010, 11:50 AM
I've heard countless stories about Steelers fans getting a "warm welcome" from Browns fans at the old stadium, from getting beer dumped on them, to having their jersey forcibally taken off and lit on fire, to them getting their ass beaten and thrown into the piss troths.

yeah, unfortunately some of the ushers there have become brown shirts and get pissed when you say something to them now, though from what I read quite a few steelers fans still dislike going there.

POJO_Risin
12-30-2010, 12:04 PM
I've heard countless stories about Steelers fans getting a "warm welcome" from Browns fans at the old stadium, from getting beer dumped on them, to having their jersey forcibally taken off and lit on fire, to them getting their ass beaten and thrown into the piss troths.

yeah, unfortunately some of the ushers there have become brown shirts and get pissed when you say something to them now, though from what I read quite a few steelers fans still dislike going there.

My Dad and I went to a game in 1984, and I always wore my Steelers gear, but always kept my mouth shut...and was usually left alone with regards to the physicality...although I had to deal with the cat calls every year. Such is life. Anyways, there was a group of Steelers fans a few rows in front of us...fully decked out...and loud as fuck. In the second quarter of a tough, rather boring game to start...Sam Washington, in his first season as a starter, picked off a pass...I think from Paul McDonald...and returned it for an 80 or so yard pick 6...

This guy in front starts going apeshit...swinging his terrible towel. The Steelers go to the half with the 7-0 lead, and this guy never stopped. Our seats were in 332...great seats...and far away from the Dog Pound...but this fuck stood out. Anyways...five minutes into halftime...a group of Browns fans come down...don't say a word...had to be 40 of them...no shit...lift this guy up...and take him away. He never came back. The group he was with never moved, and to my knowledge, never looked for him. I was scared shitless for the first time in my life...

Steelers fans are ruthless as well...but nothing like die-hard browns fans. I've been to 15 or so Steelers games in Cleveland, and four in Pittsburgh, and I never saw the complete idiocy in Pittsburgh that I did in Cleveland. I'm not saying one's worse than the other...but there's an almost...I don't know..."The Browns are beneath us" take in Pittsburgh...if that fits...

chefcraig
12-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Steelers fans are ruthless as well...but nothing like die-hard browns fans. I've been to 15 or so Steelers games in Cleveland, and four in Pittsburgh, and I never saw the complete idiocy in Pittsburgh that I did in Cleveland. I'm not saying one's worse than the other...but there's an almost...I don't know..."The Browns are beneath us" take in Pittsburgh...if that fits...

Over the years while attending Dolphins games, I too have seen my share of moronic, mouth-breathing behavior, yet it usually comes from the visiting team's fans. The truth is, Miami fans are so damned casual and indifferent that rather than a diving dolphin, our logo should be of one reclining in a beach chair, wearing sunglasses and sipping a frosted beverage. Yet for a while there in the eighties/early nineties (coinciding with the peak Marino years), you were virtually guaranteed to witness some almost soccer-like hooliganism at Joe Robbie Stadium. This usually occurred during Buffalo games (New England was still in it's then ongoing period of suckage), and was idiotically insipid. Any true fan of football now recognizes that rivalry as having produced some of the finest football ever played on either side of the ball, but you wouldn't know this by the amount of drunken twits filling the stands who apparently came to the show only to engage in boorish behavior or fight.

Coincidentally, as both teams succumbed to a lengthy period of mediocrity, these "passionate" fans stopped coming to games altogether, reinforcing the idea that they were front-running phonies in the first place. By and large, I believe that little anomally speaks astutely about the nature of sports fans anywhere. And even if they do support a team during the lean years, people that come to games and treat the competition as secondary to drinking and brawling are no more of a sports fan than I am a rock star.

Bob_R
12-30-2010, 06:47 PM
I find that fans of teams that have not enjoyed recent or much success for that matter over the years are more raucous. In any sport not just the NFL but I'll stick to the NFL here.

Case in point. Who has rowdier fans? The Browns and Jets or the Patriots and the Cowboys?

If I'm not mistaken the NFL adopted the "no beer sold after the 3rd quarter" because of Jets fans lighting a fire in the stands during a Monday Night Football shellacking at the hands of the Buffalo Bills.

Actually, I believe for the Jets games there is no beer sold after halftime.

chefcraig
12-31-2010, 08:41 PM
New Pitt football coach arrested in Indiana

Friday, December 31, 2010
By Sadie Gurman, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10365/1114730-100.stm)

Newly named Pitt football coach Mike Haywood was arrested this afternoon in Indiana after the mother of his 21-month-old child told police he "held her in a choke-hold" and pushed her during a domestic dispute, St. Joseph County, Ind. police said.

Mr. Haywood was charged with domestic battery and lodged in the St. Joseph County, Ind. jail after the incident, which began unfolding about 2:30 p.m. central time at his home on Hawthorne Meadow Drive in South Bend. Officers were called there for a "domestic violence situation" in which the woman said Mr. Haywood had choked and assaulted her, assistant police Chief William Redman said.

When officers had separated her from Mr. Haywood, she told them she was "trying to leave the house with the child and he didn't want her to leave," Mr. Redman said. "That's when the verbal turned physical."

He wouldn't disclose the woman's name but described her as a "girlfriend." He wasn't sure if she had been living in the home with Mr. Haywood.

"What their relationship is is kind of unclear right now," he said.

She told officers Mr. Haywood held her in a choke-hold and pushed her. Officers said they could see red marks on her neck, arms and back.

"That's the physical evidence to what she claimed," Mr. Redman said.

Mr. Haywood was arrested at 3:10 p.m. and taken to the jail, where he will be held until he is arraigned. Under Indiana law, people facing domestic violence charges can't be released from jail until their arraignment, Mr. Redman said. His was scheduled for Monday at 1:30 p.m. due to the holiday weekend, but it was unknown if a judge would see him sooner.

Jail officials said Mr. Haywood has been meeting with attorneys, whom they would not name.

Newly named Pitt football coach Mike Haywood was arrested this afternoon after the mother of his 21-month-old child told police he "held her in a choke-hold" and pushed her during a domestic dispute, St. Joseph County police said.

Mr. Haywood was charged with domestic battery and lodged in the St. Joseph County, Ind. jail after the incident, which began unfolding about 2:30 p.m. central time at his home on Hawthorne Meadow South Bend. Officers were called there for a "domestic violence situation" in which the woman said Mr. Haywood had choked and assaulted her, Assistant police chief William Redman said.

When officers had separated her from Mr. Haywood, she told them she was "trying to leave the house with the child and he didn't want her to leave," Mr. Redman said. "Thats when the verbal turned physical."

He wouldn't disclose the woman's name but described her as a "girlfriend." He wasn't sure if she had been living in the home with Mr. Haywood.

"What their relationship is is kind of unclear right now," he said.

She told officers Mr. Haywood held her in a choke-hold and pushed her. Officers said they could see red marks on her neck, arms and back.

"That's the physical evidence to what she claimed," Mr. Redman said.

Mr. Haywood was arrested at 3:10 p.m. and taken to the jail, where he will be held until he is arraigned. Under Indiana law, people facing domestic violence charges can't be released from jail until their arraignment, Mr. Redman said. His was scheduled for Monday at 1:30 p.m. due to the holiday weekend, but it was unknown if a judge would see him sooner.

Jail officials said Mr. Haywood has been meeting with attorneys, whom they would not name.

First published on December 31, 2010 at 6:56 pm

POJO_Risin
12-31-2010, 09:02 PM
Hmmm, this oughta make George O'Leary's short-term hire as coach of the Irish look better.

POJO_Risin
12-31-2010, 09:13 PM
Pitt wanted Dana Holgorson, but he inexplicably turned them down. Now we know why.

He was laying in wait for the WVU job...since they hired him to be the new offensive coordinator, and will take over the team in 2012, in the most idiotic move. I can't imagine Pitt keeps this bum...if this turns out to be true...

Va Beach VH Fan
12-31-2010, 09:15 PM
My utter speculation...

Wannstadt to Pitt A.D., Penn State Def. Coord. Tom Bradley to Pitt coach...

POJO_Risin
01-01-2011, 02:47 PM
So Va...what's the writing on the wall. It's obvious that Bradley now knows he's not going to be the next coach at Penn State...

So...who is?

Va Beach VH Fan
01-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Bradley actually called Pitt on three separate occasions before they hired Mike Tyson, but the AD never gave him an interview....

So the speculation I'm reading is either Bradley or, wait for it, fucking Rich Rodriguez after he gets canned from UM.....

POJO_Risin
01-01-2011, 11:53 PM
I hate saying it...but Pitt would be the perfect spot for DickRod...

I'd never hire him though.

That's actually funny. We get the Pitt statement about how they hired Haywood because he matched their high moral standards...so he beats down some girl he knocked up...they can him...

and they turn to DickRod...

oy...

POJO_Risin
01-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Man...Pittsburgh is bitch-slapping Cleveland...three picks...28-3...

Starters will be out after half-time, and on their way to a much-needed bye week.

The Steelers will be at 100% come the divisional playoffs, and the last time they were 100%...they were the best team in the league...

chefcraig
01-02-2011, 03:02 PM
The Steelers are either showing off, have become bored with clobbering the crap out of the Browns or both. I mean, come on...Randal El throwing for a touchdown? :biggrin:

POJO_Risin
01-02-2011, 03:10 PM
The Steelers are either showing off, have become bored with clobbering the crap out of the Browns or both. I mean, come on...Randal El throwing for a touchdown? :biggrin:

hahahhahahaha...I think he has more TD's than Henne...;)

POJO_Risin
01-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Bye Bye Mangini...

Raiders go up 17-10 on KC...

Watch out for fucking Oakland next year...

chefcraig
01-02-2011, 03:14 PM
hahahhahahaha...I think he has more TD's than Henne...;)

Fuck, my grandmother has more touchdowns than Henne, and she doesn't even play. :duh:

Unchainme
01-02-2011, 03:21 PM
this...fucking sucks

wave bye-bye to mangini.

POJO_Risin
01-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Look at it as a service...to help you guys out in the future with a better coach...;)

Unchainme
01-02-2011, 03:32 PM
Look at it as a service...to help you guys out in the future with a better coach...;)

could give a shit about the coach, I'd take Rich Kotite acting a fool on the sideline so long as we'd quit being embarrassed and losing games at this point.

I want to win.

chefcraig
01-02-2011, 03:32 PM

That can be a lengthy search, as we've had six over the past decade. :(

Va Beach VH Fan
01-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Bye Bye Mangini...

Raiders go up 17-10 on KC...

Watch out for fucking Oakland next year...

Raiders went undefeated against the AFC West this year....

POJO_Risin
01-15-2011, 08:02 PM
Suck it Baltimore...

Have fun golfing...

...and make sure Ray Lewis doesn't rent any stretch Navigators...

chefcraig
01-15-2011, 08:05 PM
Yeah, but somebody had better sit that idiot Chris Kemoeatu down and explain to him that when a play is over, he can't be piling on afterward. Most of us learned this in middle school, but he did it the entire game, and was finally flagged for it. Because it was accessed on the kick off, it could have cost Pittsburgh the game, and he's extremely lucky it didn't.

POJO_Risin
01-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Yeah, but somebody had better sit that idiot Chris Kemoeatu down and explain to him that when a play is over, he can't be piling on afterward. Most of us learned this in middle school, but he did it the entire game, and was finally flagged for it. Because it was accessed on the kick off, it could have cost Pittsburgh the game, and he's extremely lucky it didn't.

I'll let the coaching staff worry about that. It's going to get chippy in a game against the Ravens...

POJO_Risin
01-15-2011, 08:47 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eovyn7IQ4lc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eovyn7IQ4lc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

POJO_Risin
01-15-2011, 08:48 PM
That one is actually pretty good...

POJO_Risin
01-15-2011, 08:51 PM
Here's another...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tAxDgNkHX4E?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tAxDgNkHX4E?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Va Beach VH Fan
01-16-2011, 10:49 AM
Now THAT was a wacky fucking game.....

I was steaming at halftime, looking like yet another Steelers home suckfest in the playoffs....

Then the tides just fucking turned....

The fans were saying the entire stadium was shaking as the Ravens imploded....

Still not happy with Suggs getting away with going to Ben's knees....

POJO_Risin
01-16-2011, 08:01 PM
Now THAT was a wacky fucking game.....

I was steaming at halftime, looking like yet another Steelers home suckfest in the playoffs....

Then the tides just fucking turned....

The fans were saying the entire stadium was shaking as the Ravens imploded....

Still not happy with Suggs getting away with going to Ben's knees....

There was a camera angle near the end of that game where you could tell the stadium was fucking shaking...

I could give a shit less about the fucking Jets...the only reason I want to kick the shit out of them is that shitheel, sideshow coach of theirs...

Va Beach VH Fan
01-16-2011, 10:48 PM
Aaaah, the timing is PERFECT....

I was already heading to Pittsburgh on Saturday for Canes/Pens.... The Pens are having another night where they give bloggers press credentials.....

But NOW, I'm fucking sticking around... Got a room next to PNC Park already.... Got feelers out to my Internet buddies for a single ticket.....

I'm fucking PUMPED !!!

POJO_Risin
01-17-2011, 12:04 AM
Yo Va...if you go...make sure you do all the damn shit that you do when you go and see the Steelers win...

Don't be fucking with karma now...

POJO_Risin
01-17-2011, 12:05 AM
Got feelers out to my Internet buddies for a single ticket.....

I'm fucking PUMPED !!!

The only time you hope that someone can't put off their Primanti bros. triple bipass...

Va Beach VH Fan
01-17-2011, 08:02 AM
Yo Va...if you go...make sure you do all the damn shit that you do when you go and see the Steelers win...

Don't be fucking with karma now...

The timing with the hotel is kinda screwy... I'm at the Marriott Springhill Suites, which is across the street from PNC Park, for Saturday night.... I've got to be checked out by noon, including my car in the lot, which sucks...

So what I plan on doing is driving around to Station Square, putzing around for while, then take the Gateway Clipper over to Heinz.... Getting out of Pittsburgh that way is tons easier than if you were next to the stadiums.... Then I'll stop at Breezewood for the night before heading down to VA Beach on Monday.....

Va Beach VH Fan
01-17-2011, 08:06 AM
The only time you hope that someone can't put off their Primanti bros. triple bipass...

Dude, Primanti's is so packed on gamedays, regardless of what team is playing...

My boy and I were in town on the 28th for a Pens game, and we went down to the one in Market Square, and it was so packed we just turned around and went to Pittsburgh's oldest bar, the Original Oyster House, for a great fish sandwich....

Maybe I'll grab a sandwich at Heinz.....

chefcraig
01-17-2011, 08:14 AM
Dude, Primanti's is so packed on gamedays, regardless of what team is playing...

Primanti's have opened up two franchises here in God's waiting room, but given the general idea that everything legendary that is imported to this region loses something in the translation of quality, I've never bothered going. This despite the fact that one of them is within walking distance of my home.

POJO_Risin
01-17-2011, 08:43 AM
Primanti's have opened up two franchises here in God's waiting room, but given the general idea that everything legendary that is imported to this region loses something in the translation of quality, I've never bothered going. This despite the fact that one of them is within walking distance of my home.

I actually think you'll be okay...

There have been multiple locations for so long, that I doubt they'll be lost in translation. Although I haven't been to any of the eateries in Lauderdale, my cousin, a Pittsburgh native, has been there numerous times. He said the sandwiches are identical to the ones in the 'burgh. I'm sure that consistency may be a bit different...but I'd be willing to bet that you'll be good to go.

chefcraig
01-17-2011, 08:58 AM
I actually think you'll be okay...

There have been multiple locations for so long, that I doubt they'll be lost in translation. Although I haven't been to any of the eateries in Lauderdale, my cousin, a Pittsburgh native, has been there numerous times. He said the sandwiches are identical to the ones in the 'burgh. I'm sure that consistency may be a bit different...but I'd be willing to bet that you'll be good to go.

Thanks for the positive advice. It's great to have someone you know offer a positive recommendation to a place here, as I've gone in blind to several places well known in other parts of the country, and have come out crestfallen. Adding to this, I later discussed the places with friends who have visited the originals in their home states, and they too were disappointed.

Man, the idea of fried pastrami, cheese, egg, coleslaw and french fries on a sandwich sounds absolutely terrific right about now.

POJO_Risin
01-17-2011, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the positive advice. It's great to have someone you know offer a positive recommendation to a place here, as I've gone in blind to several places well known in other parts of the country, and have come out crestfallen. Adding to this, I later discussed the places with friends who have visited the originals in their home states, and they too were disappointed.

Man, the idea of fried pastrami, cheese, egg, coleslaw and french fries on a sandwich sounds absolutely terrific right about now.

There are two things to take into account here:

1. the aforementioned friend is a primanti junky. This could be helpful in your decision, or it could be "wishful thinking" on his part. IE...He may just be damned jonesing for primanti...and keep in mind, he drives from Flagler Beach to get there...quite a haul.

2. The place has been open for fifteen years, so my guess is they've got the general flavor. I'm sure there are either a bunch of Pittsburgh residents in Lauderdale, which keeps them open, or a bunch of people that don't know Primanti's, go there, and like it. Either way, I've seen plenty of places far from home close because they don't match the original. The fact that they've opened more than one there leads me to believe they got it right...

chefcraig
01-17-2011, 10:11 AM
...The place has been open for fifteen years, so my guess is they've got the general flavor. I'm sure there are either a bunch of Pittsburgh residents in Lauderdale, which keeps them open, or a bunch of people that don't know Primanti's, go there, and like it. Either way, I've seen plenty of places far from home close because they don't match the original. The fact that they've opened more than one there leads me to believe they got it right...

That in and of itself is a great sign. Normally, you'll see a famous name open here in a location that has been a failure to several restaurants over the years, which more or less sets up a stigma of uneasiness. The location nearest to me is such a one, which is why I believe I'll hold out for the Lauderdale store.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-17-2011, 04:00 PM
Yeah, I haven't been to any outside of the Pittsburgh area, and if I'm counting correctly, to five different ones in the city....

Let's see;

1. Main restaurant in the Strip District
2. Market Square
3. Monroeville
4. Heinz Field
5. Consol Energy Center

Little Texan
01-17-2011, 05:17 PM
http://www.primantibros.com/assets/images/menu_suburban_cover.jpg

It looks like a good sandybitch, at least. Is it better than a Schlotzsky's sandybitch?

Va Beach VH Fan
01-17-2011, 05:35 PM
Highly recommend the capicola and cheese....

Va Beach VH Fan
01-17-2011, 05:35 PM
http://www.primantibros.com/assets/images/menu_suburban_cover.jpg
Is it better than a Schlotzsky's sandybitch?

Oh God yes...

POJO_Risin
01-17-2011, 11:03 PM
I hit the one at Grove City the last time I was home...shit Va...that's like a half-hour from Mead...and right on the way home!!

Va Beach VH Fan
01-18-2011, 09:52 AM
Yeah, I didn't make it all the up I-79 this time, my mother had the flu pretty bad....

It's not that pressing a need for me nowadays, shit, after this Saturday I'll have been to 4 Penguins games this season alone.... Easy to grab a sandwich there...

Va Beach VH Fan
01-18-2011, 10:11 PM
Well, I decided I'm not going to try to go to the Steelers game....

Between the hotel, game and the extras, it could easily go over 500 clams to go, I just have better things to do with that amount of money....

I'll be back home probably in time for the 1st game on Sunday, and in my lucky spot for the Steelers kickoff....

SilvioDante
01-19-2011, 03:45 PM
Well, I decided I'm not going to try to go to the Steelers game....

Between the hotel, game and the extras, it could easily go over 500 clams to go, I just have better things to do with that amount of money....

I'll be back home probably in time for the 1st game on Sunday, and in my lucky spot for the Steelers kickoff....

You're probably better off. If you listen to the "experts" the Steelers have no shot. The best I can figure, out of the 4 teams remaining, the Steelers have:

the 3rd best QB
the 2nd best defense
the 3rd best coach
the 4th best offense
and absolutely NO home field advantage....

POJO_Risin
01-19-2011, 05:31 PM
You're probably better off. If you listen to the "experts" the Steelers have no shot. The best I can figure, out of the 4 teams remaining, the Steelers have:

the 3rd best QB
the 2nd best defense
the 3rd best coach
the 4th best offense
and absolutely NO home field advantage....

So you have to ask yourself Silvio...what's the NFL up to. It is interesting how GOOD Green Bay is right now...considering a few weeks ago they almost didn't make the playoffs. Now they're the best team? It's also interesting how the NFL has handled the Jets, essentially sweeping the Favray shit under the rug, and the foot fetish shit. After the Steelers took a hit (literally) all season for bullshit late hit and spear calls, you have to wonder if shit isn't going to hit the fan.

I have a feeling we're going to see some shit calls this weekend. Hopefully...the blowout I suspect will commence.

POJO_Risin
01-19-2011, 05:32 PM
And again...this bullshit about Clay Matthews being the NFL player of the year. TroyP may be the best defensive player of his generation...

and James Harrison's stats as a disruptor are far superior to Matthews.

SilvioDante
01-20-2011, 06:05 AM
So you have to ask yourself Silvio...what's the NFL up to. It is interesting how GOOD Green Bay is right now...considering a few weeks ago they almost didn't make the playoffs. Now they're the best team? It's also interesting how the NFL has handled the Jets, essentially sweeping the Favray shit under the rug, and the foot fetish shit. After the Steelers took a hit (literally) all season for bullshit late hit and spear calls, you have to wonder if shit isn't going to hit the fan.

I have a feeling we're going to see some shit calls this weekend. Hopefully...the blowout I suspect will commence.

I know what they want. #1 TV market vs. #2 TV market. They see a ratings bonanza! What they forget is that last years game was small market vs. small market and was the most watched game ever. I do understand that you don't need to pump the Steelers, they have the most solid fan base in all of sports. They will watch. You need story lines to get Average Joe American fired up, so that explains the hype machine. Personally, from a marketing stand point, a Steelers-GB or Steelers-Bears is the NFL equivalent to a "Original Six" final. That would be an easy sell I would think.

As far as the experts, I think it's personal. NO ONE at ESPN is "neutral". Sportscenter is the marketing arm of ESPN. They sell. The guys on show like that and Sunday Morning Countdown are moving product. Once again, don't need to sell the Steelers, but really, until last year, no one cared about the Jets. Just that fat bastard Boomer and one of the Mikes. They are the red headed step child of NY football.

SilvioDante
01-20-2011, 06:08 AM
If you haven't seen this, the video is better. I love Tomlin:

Steelers' Mike Tomlin scolds ESPN's Bob Holtzman for talking plays

By Gary Mihoces, USA TODAY

PITTSBURGH -- The New York Jets and Pittsburgh Steelers aren't doing any trash talking, but Steelers coach Mike Tomlin fired a zinger Wednesday at ESPN reporter Bob Holtzman.

Before the Steelers' playoff game with the Baltimore Ravens on Saturday, Holtzman reported the Steelers might use a gadget play.

"Two Steelers have told me, if they catch the Ravens in the right defense, they have a trick play ready to go today that they've never run before," Holtzman said prior to the game. He added it was a play on which somebody who typically doesn't pass would throw the ball -- and that it wouldn't be passing wide receiver Antwaan Randle El.

At Tomlin's Wednesday news conference, Holtzman ask him how much extra time it takes to prepare for coach Rex Ryan's Jets defense.

"It depends on whether or not you give him my plays, you know," Tomlin said with steely eyes and without elaboration.

After the news conference, Holtzman declined comment on the matter.

Against Baltimore, QB Ben Roethlisberger was the lone Steeler to throw a pass. Pittsburgh did run two end around with WR Mike Wallace for minus two yards.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-20-2011, 08:26 AM
http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Mike-Tomlin---AFC-Championship-Game-Week-1-19-/33c90b2b-d71f-4f7e-85e4-9f12364b3f98

About the 1:30 mark....

POJO_Risin
01-23-2011, 05:02 PM
Yeah...that was funny shit...

Pittsburgh was extremely quiet this week...attending to business...

That's going to be a fun game...

BigBadBrian
01-24-2011, 08:10 AM
http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Mike-Tomlin---AFC-Championship-Game-Week-1-19-/33c90b2b-d71f-4f7e-85e4-9f12364b3f98

About the 1:30 mark....

It was a closed practice so the reporter found out about the plays from a player.
A reporter's job is to report what he hears. you can't fault him for that.
Tomlin is barking up the wrong tree.
He needs to tell his players to shut the fuck up.

chefcraig
01-24-2011, 08:23 AM
It was a closed practice so the reporter found out about the plays from a player.

I agree with you to an extent, but let's face it, this was a judgment call by the reporter. Yes, it's the guy's job to report news, but that job also includes a certain amount of feasible responsibility when it comes to determining what is priority news to begin with. Bob Holtzman could just as easily spoke of the play after the game, where his reporting would not have affected the outcome. Instead, he did so before the game, leading Mike Tomlin or his staff to change plans and not run the play. It's one thing to report details after the fact, it's quite another to come up with a story by offering speculation upon what might happen, impacting events and thus causing an outcome. That isn't reporting news, it's manufacturing it.

Von Halen
01-24-2011, 08:25 AM

Even though he's black, I like Tomlin. :biggrin:

You think Tomlin didn't tell his players to shut the fuck up? I'd bet money he did.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-24-2011, 08:58 AM

No, that's not correct.....

Before every game, the broadcasters from network doing the game and the sideline reporters meet with the coaches a day or two before. During those meetings, the coaches talk about certain things they're going to do, under the stipulation that the network is not to divulge that until after it happens.... It's part of the contract and why the networks pay billions to the NFL....

ODShowtime
01-28-2011, 06:43 AM

Hopefully you live near the one on the beach! I've been to the one on... Oakland Park? From memory... Good stuff, I'm sure it's best the sandwich in that god-forsaken hell-hole. There are always cops there and one thing they know about is good sandwiches. Why can't they open one in Clearwater?

Von Halen
01-28-2011, 08:49 AM
Green Bay 42 Pissburgh 17

Va Beach VH Fan
01-28-2011, 09:03 AM
Green Bay 42 Pissburgh 17

Spoken like a true whiny Detroit fan....

TFM_Dale
01-29-2011, 10:49 AM
I think the serial raper and the Steelers win the Super Bowl but if the Packers find a way to keep some heat off Rodgers it could be interesting. I'm just sick of asshole athletes that get chance after chance because they can play a sport well, Ben should be sharing a cell with OJ, not playing on the NFL's biggest stage.

POJO_Risin
01-29-2011, 12:18 PM
I think the serial raper and the Steelers win the Super Bowl but if the Packers find a way to keep some heat off Rodgers it could be interesting. I'm just sick of asshole athletes that get chance after chance because they can play a sport well, Ben should be sharing a cell with OJ, not playing on the NFL's biggest stage.

While Ben didn't exactly murder two people, I do agree that it is a joke of all jokes that we are actually seeing stories pop up about he's changed and overcome what's happened to him...

What's fucking happened to him, the joke of all jokes.

I'll never be a Pittsburgh apologist with regards to Roethlisberger, and never will be. He's a fucking giant douchebag, and that's the end of that.

Roeth had the benefit of:

A: Being white (I don't care what the fuck you say, if a black dude has a white girl in that bathroom, he's going to jail)
B: Getting caught (I get the feeling that had this set for another day or two...payments could have been made...and we wouldn't have heard a thing about it (you know...like shit that happens probably EVERY weekend with regards to NFL players).

It's an interesting place to stand...being a Steelers fan, with this cat as the QB...

I know...the apologists will say he's paid for his crimes...or there weren't any crimes...or whatever...but he's lower than low...and there are things you SHOULDN'T be able to come back from.

With that said...GO STEELERS!

POJO_Risin
01-29-2011, 12:19 PM
Uh...Fan?

Spoken like a true whiny Detroit fan....