Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

The RB injuries are a concern now as well...

Although honestly, I'm not TOO concerned....

Even if Duce is inactive again, the Bus is good to go....

The Browns do have a better run defense though....

Haynes has a turf toe, and he's doubtful.... That opens the door for Willie Parker, who I think can fill in without a hitch....

But like I said, this is Cleveland-Pittsburgh, the records go out the window....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I must say that I am very impressed by this Steeler team. Good defense, good O-line...Roth-Burger needs to get it done all year long before we crown him the next Tom Brady, though...
      Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Tom Brady is a product of the system...

Roeth may be a product of fantastic receivers...we'll see...

I like Willie Parker a lot...he may end up the starter at some point...he has the props...

I'm more worried about the game this week...then the games the past two...to be honest...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Aaah, leave it up to the stupidity of the Brownies to fire up the Steelers this week...

Hey Gerard, way to make sure the Steelers won't have a letdown !!!!

Browns' Warren risks suspension after threat of roughness

When Cleveland Browns defensive tackle Gerard Warren told reporters he'd risk a fine to land a blow on Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's head Sunday the league office not only listened; it fired back with a warning.

Warren risks more than fine, it said. He risks a suspension, too.

According to a league spokesman, Art Shell, the league's senior vice president for football operations and development, notified Warren and the Browns on Friday that if Warren commits a flagrant foul -- especially after having said he might aim at Roethlisberger's head -- "it may be a decisive factor" supporting his suspension, "depending on the entire set of circumstances."

Cleveland and Pittsburgh play Sunday in Cleveland.

Warren, who didn't play when the Browns and Steelers met last month, said Thursday that the best way to stop Pittsburgh was to stop its quarterback and that the best way to stop Roethlisberger was with a forearm to the side of the head. Then he demonstrated by smashing his left forearm into the palm of his right hand.

"Kill the head, and the body's dead," he said. "You have to get to him and rattle him."

Warren is something of an authority on the subject. In the third game of his rookie season in 2001 he knocked former Jacksonville quarterback Mark Brunell out of a game with a shoulder to the chin. The hit on the Jaguars' quarterback, made after Brunell threw an interception, did not draw a penalty, but it did provoke the league to respond with a $35,000 fine.

Told he could incur a penalty again, perhaps as high as $50,000, Warren seemed unconcerned.

"It would be well worth it going across a quarterback's head," he said. "They're already overprotected in this league."

Stay tuned. The league office is.

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Nobody ever confused Warren with being smart...

let him go after Ben...

1. I think he can handle himself...

2. I wouldn't want to piss off the Steeler D for one...they actually have the guys to back up a statement like that...

3. I also wouldn't want to do anything around Roeth with freakin Faneca roaming around...he's a fucking monster...
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Fucking idiot...

Now not only is P-Burgh not going to have a letdown, they're gonna punish those shittalkers....

Methinks Joey Porter is looking forward to this game....

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                Methinks Joey Porter is looking forward to this game....
                So much for that prediction.... 99 percent of these pregame scrums are nothing but a bunch of shoving, but I guess in this series, all that goes out the window.... Supposedly Green tried to headbutt Porter and the spit was flying, so who the fuck knows....

As for the game itself, afterwards it kinda reminded me of a NJ Devils hockey game.... Boring as hell, stifling defense, doing just enough of what it takes to win the game.... Wait until they make a mistake, i.e. Garcia's fumble, and then take it home for the TD....

Yeah, it wasn't pretty, but I did like the fact that for the most part they didn't play down to the Browns....

So, it's 8-1 now and onto Cincy, where another potential "letdown game" will present itself.....

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

No...I think your prediction was dead on...really fucking dead on...lmfao...

Cincy is playing well...and they have a good history against us...

I say no way though...

but we'll see...I'm cautiously optimistic...

Comment

• aesop
                    Commando
                    • Oct 2004

Good call, POJO. It looks like it may all come down to Dec 26th against the Ravens. God I hate those chumps.
                    Yo Yo Yo

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by aesop
                      Good call, POJO. It looks like it may all come down to Dec 26th against the Ravens. God I hate those chumps.
                      And I will be there !!!!!

Gonna take my youngest boy to his 1st Stiller game while I'm up north for the holidays....

The tickets will be a pain in the ass, but I'm sure I'll be able to grab a couple for a decent price.....

Comment

• aesop
                        Commando
                        • Oct 2004

Good, we need the Steeler Nation well represented at ALL away games. I'm sure you'll be suprised at how many peeps will be there in Black and Gold!
                        Yo Yo Yo

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

It's a home game bro, I'm headed to PA for XMAS....

But I know B'more has a big Steeler contingent as well....

Comment

• aesop
                            Commando
                            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                            It's a home game bro, I'm headed to PA for XMAS....

But I know B'more has a big Steeler contingent as well....
                            Opps, my bad. At home, eh? All the better. I'll be watching the game in Sharon, PA at the world famous Quaker Steak and Lube :bottle:
                            Yo Yo Yo

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Yo Aesop...I went to Slippery Rock my brother...spend many a day at that very Quaker Steak and Lube...

and the new one that they built in Erie as well...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Staley is starting on Sunday...I'm curious to see how they shift both back to keep them fresh...

will they go back to the Staley for everything?

Or will Staley get two sets...Bettis one?

Or every other?

Should be interesting...I know Bettis is most effective when he gets the ball rolling...

Comment

Working...