PDA

View Full Version : THE PITTSBURGH Sports CHATTER

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]

TFM_Dale
01-29-2011, 12:25 PM
Thing is I think Pitt would be a top team without his ass. Ben is a big game QB but sometimes Pitt gets to wrapped up in throwing the ball with Rape-man that they get away from running the ball and keeping the D fresh. With the way the Steelers are set up I think they contend with any smart, vet QB (kind of a Dilfer arrangement) and Ben could be more of a distraction then what he is worth. Call me crazy but the D has more to do with the SB titles then Ben does.

POJO_Risin
01-29-2011, 12:36 PM
Thing is I think Pitt would be a top team without his ass. Ben is a big game QB but sometimes Pitt gets to wrapped up in throwing the ball with Rape-man that they get away from running the ball and keeping the D fresh. With the way the Steelers are set up I think they contend with any smart, vet QB (kind of a Dilfer arrangement) and Ben could be more of a distraction then what he is worth. Call me crazy but the D has more to do with the SB titles then Ben does.

While I don't disagree at all that the D is the #1 reason the Steelers are in the Super Bowl, you can blame the passing on Arians as a whole, and to some extent, their lack of top-notch offensive lineman for the past five or six seasons. You could even make a case that with Willie Parker and to some extent, Rashard Mendenhall, they haven't had the HUGE back that they are used to. I think it's less a Roeth thing, than a "system" thing.

As for Dilfer...post Bradshaw, we've had our Dilfer's with top defenses...and it didn't get the Steelers anywhere, with the exception of 1995 with O'Donnell...who had his best season. What Roeth can do while not trying to rape daughters...is make game-saving plays. I can't even begin to count how many HUGE 3rd or 4th down plays the guy has made, with his arm, and with his feet. Hell, look at Super Bowl 43, and that pass to Holmes. Now, of course, Holmes makes the catch...but the pass was where it needed to be to make the play. Dilfer doesn't make that play...or in the Steelers case...

your boy Batch.

To a different team...he's a distraction. To these Steelers...lets be honest...it probably gave him cred to some of these fucking dipshits...

Bob_R
01-29-2011, 12:41 PM
While Ben didn't exactly murder two people,

Roeth had the benefit of:

A: Being white (I don't care what the fuck you say, if a black dude has a white girl in that bathroom, he's going to jail)

Too bad they didn't get OJ for murdering two people.

In that instance if he were white and the victims were black he would have been in jail immediately.

TFM_Dale
01-29-2011, 12:47 PM
Ben does make alot of plays, I just think without them they use a different system all together making a smart vet QB an option for them. If I could stand him even a little bit it might help, he just irritates the shit out of me with the whole motorcycle drama, his hobby of raping young girls, to many free passes and second chances doesn't make a new man, it makes a bigger asshole.

POJO_Risin
01-29-2011, 12:51 PM
Too bad they didn't get OJ for murdering two people.

In that instance if he were white and the victims were black he would have been in jail immediately.

Okay...while I'm not going to fight the whole OJ argument in this thread.

1. OJ is about as white as a black guy got in those days, and the MAJOR reason it was race related was because it was in LA (you know...Brentwood...big black neighborhood), and Johnny C. made it about race, and not about murder...smart move to get his client off...
2. He didn't get off because he was black...he got off because Marcia Clark and the LA police department are fucking idiots...Fuhrman and the glove...
3. I can't even comment on the white guy/black chick scenario

I'm not trying to make this about race, just don't think the OJ comment was relevant to the discussion...

DlocRoth
01-29-2011, 12:55 PM
Nice little RB though. His moves were electrifying in those Avis TV spots. :baaa:

TFM_Dale
01-29-2011, 12:56 PM
OJ was probably a bad choice for comparison, I meant it as a football player comparison and the fact that fame gets you ALOT of slack. All other comparisons are out the window.

POJO_Risin
01-29-2011, 12:59 PM
Ben does make alot of plays, I just think without them they use a different system all together making a smart vet QB an option for them. If I could stand him even a little bit it might help, he just irritates the shit out of me with the whole motorcycle drama, his hobby of raping young girls, to many free passes and second chances doesn't make a new man, it makes a bigger asshole.

Well...let's be honest here...it's not about the amount of "free passes" he gets. Technically speaking, he's only had one...in GA. Now, IMO, it's the type of "free pass" that is nearly unforgivable as a father for sure...

...and watching him talk about actually makes me want to pile drive him into the fucking ground (which I couldn't do...by the way)...

POJO_Risin
01-29-2011, 01:00 PM
Nice little RB though. His moves were electrifying in those Avis TV spots. :baaa:

I loved watching that bastard jump over those suitcases...

In all honesty...they were my favorite commercials growing up!!!

POJO_Risin
01-29-2011, 01:03 PM
OJ was probably a bad choice for comparison, I meant it as a football player comparison and the fact that fame gets you ALOT of slack. All other comparisons are out the window.

I know...

but the funny thing about OJ is that everyone goes right to the black/white deal...

when the reality of the situation is that OJ had been "Uncle Tommed" years ago.

The brilliance of Cochran, and really, that whole team, is that they "Un-Tommed" him...

Then got ahold of Fuhrman, and made it look like he COULD have planted evidence...

Then the fucking glove...

I mean...seriously...the utter brilliance is incredible...and is only matched by the utter idiocy of the L.A. DA office...

POJO_Risin
01-29-2011, 01:04 PM
Wasn't it Hertz?

chefcraig
01-29-2011, 01:10 PM

I was going to say, try Kobe. I thought it sort of odd for him to be calling anyone stupid or idiots, particularly fans in Colorado last week.

KOBE (http://www.ocregister.com/articles/bryant-285361-lakers-going.html)

POJO_Risin
01-29-2011, 01:14 PM
Yeah...and truth of the matter is that fame is the great equalizer anyways...

unless you kill a dog...or shoot yourself in the leg...

POJO_Risin
01-29-2011, 01:15 PM
Hahahaha...hadn't thought of Kobe in a long time...with regards to his hotel encounter with the chick who got bent over a chair an hour oh so after her boyfriend bent her over a chair...

nice...

chefcraig
01-29-2011, 01:16 PM
Yeah...and truth of the matter is that fame is the great equalizer anyways...

unless you kill a dog...or shoot yourself in the leg...

Yep. You notice that Michael Vick had a pretty good season, but he still doesn't have a series of sponsors with endorsement deals knocking on his front door or sitting in his driveway.

DlocRoth
01-29-2011, 01:16 PM
Wasn't it Hertz?

LMAO.... Prolly.

POJO_Risin
01-29-2011, 01:18 PM
See Dale...you made one innocent comment about OJ...and I've done turned this entire thread into a race war!!!

DlocRoth
01-29-2011, 01:18 PM
Didnt Vick just get his first new deal recently?

Slowly but surely........

That mutt killing prick.

chefcraig
01-29-2011, 01:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf46hDT5SQQ&feature=related

POJO_Risin
01-29-2011, 01:20 PM
Remember...everyone dropped Kobe too...

and now...he's got the same exact fucking sponsors...

Vick signed with...shit...you can't make this up...

"Unequal"

a PA based sports equipment company...

chefcraig
01-29-2011, 01:23 PM
Didnt Vick just get his first new deal recently?

Slowly but surely...

Yep, for an equipment manufacturer no one has ever heard of. That's a long way from being the face selling soup, cars or (particularly) dog food.

Romeo Delight
01-29-2011, 01:24 PM
Ben makes plays.

Who are they going to replace him with? Cutler? Hasselbeck?

He is the perfect QB for Pittsburgh

Bob_R
01-29-2011, 01:24 PM
See Dale...you made one innocent comment about OJ...and I've done turned this entire thread into a race war!!!

That was me actually.

Sorry. Not my intention.

Bob_R
01-29-2011, 01:25 PM
I was going to say, try Kobe. I thought it sort of odd for him to be calling anyone stupid or idiots, particularly fans in Colorado last week.

KOBE (http://www.ocregister.com/articles/bryant-285361-lakers-going.html)

Kobe's a jackass. What a loser.

chefcraig
Anyone else not watching the Pro Bowl?

DlocRoth
That was me actually.

Sorry. Not my intention.

That avatar..... The good old days.....

Romeo Delight
01-29-2011, 01:26 PM
Kobe's a jackass. What a loser.
Really? How so?

TFM_Dale
01-29-2011, 01:27 PM

Anything to spice things up a bit.

DlocRoth

Fuck.... The Pro Bowl is horseshit. Every other sport has decent All Star games.....

Romeo Delight

The NFL and NHL would be better off playing best ball or some other golf tourney against each other instead of the All-Star game and Pro Bowl

chefcraig
Really? How so?

I was going to say, Kobe has a few rings. The team that always plays the Globetrotters, now there's a loser for ya. :biggrin:

DlocRoth
01-29-2011, 01:28 PM
Really? How so?

You married, Flamma?

TFM_Dale
01-29-2011, 01:28 PM
Ben makes plays.

Who are they going to replace him with? Cutler? Hasselbeck?

He is the perfect QB for Pittsburgh

Cutler wouldn't cut it but he could be Ben's next rape victim.

DlocRoth
01-29-2011, 01:29 PM
The NFL and NHL would be better off playing best ball or some other golf tourney against each other instead of the All-Star game and Pro Bowl

Aww cmon.... the NHL puts on a good show.

TFM_Dale
01-29-2011, 01:29 PM

I'll watch, I'm a football junky, I'll even watch Pros vs. Joes lol

chefcraig
01-29-2011, 01:30 PM

I still enjoy the Winter Classic far more than the All Star game, but I have to admit, at least the NHL makes an effort.

DlocRoth
01-29-2011, 01:31 PM
I'll watch, I'm a football junky, I'll even watch Pros vs. Joes lol

I remember John Rocker being on there. Talk about an asshole. Ha!!

DlocRoth
01-29-2011, 01:32 PM
The NHL is like the NBA in that the emphasis is on scoring. These fools aint playing no D. Fun to watch.

Romeo Delight
01-29-2011, 01:33 PM
You married, Flamma?

I know where you are going...who really knows what their relationship is about or what went on between the two of them.

None of my business. There is alot to like about Kobe. Him and his wife can sort out their differences.

chefcraig
01-29-2011, 01:33 PM

You ain't kidding, check this shit out:

JohnRocker.Net (http://www.johnrocker.net/) :confused13:

Romeo Delight
01-29-2011, 01:34 PM

I like the skills competition better than the game

DlocRoth
I know where you are going...who really knows what their relationship is about or what went on between the two of them.

None of my business. There is alot to like about Kobe. Him and his wife can sort out their differences.

Totally agree. But if I were to call him a loser, I spect that is the ONLY reason to do it.

POJO_Risin
That was me actually.

Sorry. Not my intention.

Yo Bob...c'mon man...you know it's fun to talk about though...;)

Shit...we had the Duke LaCrosse team thing here a few years back...with a bunch of rich white kids, and a couple of black strippers/whores...in the middle of Durham. Durham is an interesting, extremely diverse place, with Duke right in the middle of it all.

You can imagine how that went....

DlocRoth
01-29-2011, 01:35 PM

You cant be serious. That shit is for real?

TFM_Dale
01-29-2011, 01:35 PM

lol, talk about a fastball making a career for you, what a douchebag, if I remember correctly he even sucked on Pros vs. Joes.

POJO_Risin
01-29-2011, 01:36 PM

Who was the New England running back that destroyed his career playing in that fucking gay ass flag football game in the sand, and tore up his knee?

TFM_Dale
01-29-2011, 01:38 PM

Holy shit, a real life Kenny Powers lol, to bad Rocker isn't as entertaining as the show.

DlocRoth
01-29-2011, 01:38 PM
Johnny Utah? LOL

chefcraig
01-29-2011, 01:42 PM
He was a first round RB, and he got hurt playing volleyball. Damn, I'm drawing a blank...

TFM_Dale
01-29-2011, 01:42 PM
Who was the New England running back that destroyed his career playing in that fucking gay ass flag football game in the sand, and tore up his knee?

Robert Edwards, I had that son of a bitch in a keeper league lol

POJO_Risin
01-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Instead of the All-Pro game...they should have another game like the Chicago College All-Star game...when the Super Bowl champions used to play a COLLEGE All-Star team in the summer...

Just have All-Pro's...and fuck that other shit...

POJO_Risin
01-29-2011, 01:51 PM
Nah...wasn't volleyball...you may think it was because it was on sand...but it was flag football...he was going or made a catch in the back of the end zone...and his leg just fucking collapsed...was disgusting...and they damn near amputated his leg...

POJO_Risin
01-29-2011, 01:53 PM
If that fucking website is real...

Holy hell...

I'd like to say I'm surprised...

DlocRoth
01-29-2011, 01:55 PM
If that fucking website is real...

Holy hell...

I'd like to say I'm surprised...

Bullshit!! How many T shirts did you order? :biggrin:

TFM_Dale
01-29-2011, 01:57 PM
Pats had a streak of bad luck, remember Hart Lee Dykes? He was pretty bad ass at WR and was starting to come around when he got hurt during preseason, if I remember correctly he never played again.

chefcraig
01-29-2011, 01:59 PM
Instead of the All-Pro game...they should have another game like the Chicago College All-Star game...when the Super Bowl champions used to play a COLLEGE All-Star team in the summer...

Just have All-Pro's...and fuck that other shit...

Oddly enough, the last time the college players won (before the game was abolished in 1976) was against the Green Bay Packers.

DlocRoth
01-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Hey Flamma...

Did everyone take the day off work up there when The Great One turned 50 the other day?

chefcraig
01-29-2011, 02:04 PM
Even odder, the last team to win against the college kids was the Pittsburgh Steelers.

POJO_Risin
01-29-2011, 02:11 PM
If the players have a hard time with 18 games...and pre-season games...imagine the field day theyd have with this one...

Romeo Delight
01-30-2011, 12:19 AM
Hey Flamma...

Did everyone take the day off work up there when The Great One turned 50 the other day?

You know what was pretty cool is all of the guys who had these unique stories where the Wayner went waaaaay above and beyond what he could have done. Former and current NHL' ers, journalists, fans.

Dude is the classiest of them all in any sport.

SilvioDante
01-30-2011, 07:31 AM
Roeth had the benefit of:

A: Being white (I don't care what the fuck you say, if a black dude has a white girl in that bathroom, he's going to jail)
B: Getting caught (I get the feeling that had this set for another day or two...payments could have been made...and we wouldn't have heard a thing about it (you know...like shit that happens probably EVERY weekend with regards to NFL players).

I don't think it was to his benefit to be white on this...

I was firmly on the side of cutting/trading him after this whole debacle, and I still stand by that. It's gonna take more than 6 months of "good behavior" to prove to me that he is a changed person. But, and I could be wrong, has anybody in the history of the NFL be suspended for as long a Ben without being charged with a crime? The Nevada accuser is certifiably insane and the Georgia woman "thinks" she may or may not have wanted to have sex with Ben but was too drunk to be sure. (Remember gang, she was "DTF" that night according to her name tag) Hardly rock solid cases, yet 6 games (cut to 4 I know) for being a millionaire with a hard on that likes beer.

Blacks were attacking the NFL after the whole Vick thing, crying racism, even though he committed a FELONY!!! The suspension was the NFL's way of saying "We will suspend white guys like Ben just like we suspended Vick and Pac Man, damn the proof!"

Bob_R
01-30-2011, 10:53 AM
Really? How so?

See post #3012

POJO_Risin
01-30-2011, 01:59 PM
Well...Pouncey is out, and while it's likely to get downplayed a bit...

I think it's going to be a HUGE deal. Roeth is likely the most capable QB at moving away from the rush, but if that fat fucker Raji is pouring up the middle, and that big-goofy-girl-looking bastard coming around from the outside, Roeth could be in some trouble...

and I'm just saying, and I know a couple have man-love for Mendenhall, but running the ball just got a bit more difficult...

Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders just got that much more important...

chefcraig
01-30-2011, 02:04 PM
Well...Pouncey is out, and while it's likely to get downplayed a bit...

I hear ya, POJ. Believe me, I know what it means to lose a talented center, as when Dwight Stephenson went down (and never recovered), the Dolphins were a completely changed team. I was reading up on the subject, and was astounded to learn the Steelers have only had 4-5 guys ever play the position, yet every one of 'em was an All Pro.

POJO_Risin
01-30-2011, 02:33 PM
Maybe over the past 40 years:

Webster
Dawson
Hartings

all all-pros

followed by:

Sean Mahan (horrid)
Justin Hartwig (not horrid, nor that good, but often needed help)

followed by:

Maurkice Pouncey (all pro)

hopefully, this is an injury (and a broken ankle and high ankle sprain is that injury) that he comes back from 100% next season...

and perhaps with his brother pushing for a job on the line as well...

SilvioDante
02-01-2011, 06:05 AM
Nice!!!

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs001.snc6/165146_10150097585070945_29672350944_6340462_83856 52_n.jpg

Va Beach VH Fan
02-01-2011, 09:10 AM
Christ, this will be another lonnnnnnnnnnnng week....

DlocRoth
02-01-2011, 11:39 AM
Nice!!!

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs001.snc6/165146_10150097585070945_29672350944_6340462_83856 52_n.jpg

Yo, is that Hootie? You know... from the Blowfish?:biggrin:

POJO_Risin
02-02-2011, 09:58 PM
which one?

DlocRoth
02-03-2011, 10:47 AM
Ha! Dude on the right looks like that fake ass gangsta from Naughty by Nature.

POJO_Risin
02-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Hootie and Trech!!!!

I'd buy that fucking album...

"Give a little love, and some OPPppp...."

TFM_Dale
02-06-2011, 02:54 PM
http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/roethlisbergers-promise-to-change%2C17354/

Following accusations of sexual assault and his NFL suspension, contrite quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has vowed to mend his ways. Here's how:

Try not to just talk about himself when forcing himself on drunk women

Shall always stop short of sexual assault by holding up around sexual misconduct

If he does go out to bar, he will absolutely make sure to tell everyone he's Jay Cutler

Put any young woman who's had too much to drink into taxi and while helping her into backseat just feel her up a little

Every time he has an urge to drink and screw random women, will just drink and ride his motorcycle instead

Admit to himself it's time to start killing them afterward, wrapping their bodies in chicken wire, and tossing them on the outgoing tide

Work on throwing mechanics to become so good that no one will care how sleazy he is

Find out why that one nice girl in Georgia hasn't called him back

kwame k
02-06-2011, 03:11 PM
:lmao: The old saying.....they can forgive anything as long as you're winning.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-07-2011, 09:15 AM
I'm kinda proud of myself that I've "matured" enough not to take these losses poorly, like I used to....

Shit, the '90/'91/'92 (especially the '92) Bucco losses in the NLCS, Super Bowl XXX loss.... I took those losses hard....

But in the last few years, the Cup loss in '08, and now this.... Meh, as I told my son last night, there's always next year....

Pitchers and catchers in two weeks for the Buccos !!! Hehehehehe.... I crack myself up sometimes....

Some SB notes:

- Hopefully this finally puts to rest the horribly overrated Steelers CB's.... Taylor and Gay are both free agents..... There are reports that the Steelers have started negotiations with Taylor, which I hate..... Gay should be fucking gone, last night was yet another example of his horrible play.....

- Draft pick #1 needs to be OT, round 2 should be CB, or maybe another O-lineman if they can go CB in free agency....

- Ben didn't look sharp, and not even talking about the INT's.... He had a sure TD to Wallace in the corner that he had a bad throw... He was throwing high a lot.... I'm not going to blame it all on him, because the "vaunted" defense got shredded....

chefcraig
02-07-2011, 09:35 AM
I'm kinda proud of myself that I've "matured" enough not to take these losses poorly, like I used to...

- Ben didn't look sharp, and not even talking about the INT's.... He had a sure TD to Wallace in the corner that he had a bad throw... He was throwing high a lot.... I'm not going to blame it all on him, because the "vaunted" defense got shredded....

The thing is, it's easier to accept a loss when you have an inherent culture of winning, as it cushions the loss by the belief that either your team was in the thick of things, or had/has the potential for greater things. It is far worse for folks that never seem to get close, as years of going nowhere steadily take their toll until you get to the point that you just don't care anymore. Currently, I'm that way with the Dolphins. I stopped getting season tickets years ago, and am so apathetic now that even if they did get a play off victory, I'd see it as an act of prolonging the inevitable loss.

I've the deepest respect for fans that stick with a losing team year after year, achieving little if anything other than shattered hopes. In a way, I believe we all do to an extent, as explains our sympathies toward Cinderella teams like the Saints last year. You want to see the underdog win, because you can relate to it through your own team's struggles. On that level, perhaps sport really does work as a metaphor for life itself.

Von Halen
02-07-2011, 10:17 AM
I'm kinda proud of myself that I've "matured" enough not to take these losses poorly, like I used to....

Come on Va. How the fuck am I supposed to bait you, with this new and improved attitude? :biggrin:

Kristy
02-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Shall always stop short of sexual assault by holding up around sexual misconduct

Much in the way both the NFL and Steelers organization played that one in front of the press.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Come on Va. How the fuck am I supposed to bait you, with this new and improved attitude? :biggrin:

I'm telling ya Von, 20 years ago I would have been throwing the remote through the TV last night....

Just ain't worth it nowadays....

Va Beach VH Fan
02-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Sad...

Back in 1981, the Pirates had an American Legion team called the "Little Pirates"... Roberto Clemente Jr. played for them, and they came to my hometown for a doubleheader....

Of course, they stomped our ass in both games, although I struck out Clemente Jr. (qualifies for my 15 minutes of fame, I believe....).....

But Chuck Tanner came with them.... He asked for a left-handed volunteer, I jumped in and took a few swings...

He told me I had a great swing, then did a hitting demonstration with me.... I will never forget that for as long as I live....

RIP Chuck....

Former Bucs’ manager Chuck Tanner dies

http://www.ncnewsonline.com/current/x532734811/Former-Bucs-manager-Chuck-Tanner-dies

Former Bucs’ manager Chuck Tanner dies
By Staff
New Castle News

NEW CASTLE — Former Pittsburgh Pirates manager Chuck Tanner has died.

Tanner, 82, a lifelong New Castle resident, led the Pirates to the World Series championship in 1979.

Tanner also managed the Chicago White Sox, Oakland A’s and Atlanta Braves and had a successful playing career of his own. He most recently has served as a senior adviser to current Pirates general manager Neal Huntington and remains a fan favorite when he attends games in Pittsburgh.

Please see the Weekend edition of the New Castle News for complete details.

chefcraig
07-13-2011, 05:28 PM
Harrison calls Goodell 'a crook and a puppet'

The Miami Herald (http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/07/13/2313039/harrison-calls-goodell-a-crook.html)/The Sports Network

Steelers linebacker James Harrison calls NFL commissioner Roger Goodell "a crook and a puppet" and criticizes Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger during an explosive interview that will hit newsstands Friday.

In excerpts posted online Wednesday by Men's Journal magazine, Harrison criticizes Goodell and the league for the way it hands out fines for hard hits.

The outspoken linebacker was docked $100,000 by the NFL last season, including $75,000 for hits on Browns receivers Josh Cribbs and Mohamed Massaquoi.

On the issue, Harrison told the magazine:

"What I tried to explain to Goodell, but he was too stupid to understand, is that dudes crouch when you go to hit them. With Massaquoi, my target area was his waist and chest, but he lowered himself at the last possible second and I couldn't adjust to his adjustment. But Goodell, who's a devil, ain't hearing that. Where's the damn discretion, the common sense?"

He added: "My rep is James Harrison, mean son of a [expletive] who loves hitting the hell out of people. But up until last year, there was no word of me being dirty -- till Roger Goodell, who's a crook and a puppet, said I was the dirtiest player in the league. If that man was on fire and I had to [urinate] to put him out, I wouldn't do it. I hate him and will never respect him."

The comments come at a time when the NFL and its locked-out players seem close to signing a new collective bargaining agreement that should lead to a full 2011 season.

Harrison appears shirtless in the magazine and is holding two pistols in a crossed-arms pose reminiscent of a popular video game cover. According to the excerpts, he also criticizes Roethlisberger's performance in the latest Super Bowl.

The Steelers quarterback threw two interceptions, including one that was returned for a touchdown, and Pittsburgh lost to the Green Bay Packers, 31-25.

Both Roethlisberger and Harrison have won two Super Bowl rings with the Steelers.

About the interceptions Roethlisberger threw against the Packers, Harrison said: "Hey, at least throw a pick on their side of the field instead of asking the [defense] to bail you out again. Or hand the ball off and stop trying to act like Peyton Manning. You ain't that and you know it, man; you just get paid like he does."

Harrison, who has undergone two back surgeries this offseason, also told the magazine he "should have another ring."

"We were the best team in football in 2004, but the Patriots, who we beat during the regular season, stole our signals and picked up 90 percent of our blitzes (in the AFC title game). They got busted for it later, but, hey, they're Goodell's boys, so he slapped 'em $500,000 and burned the tapes. Was he going to rescind their Super Bowls? Man, hell no!"

Harrison criticized Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall for fumbling too much, while praising safety Troy Polamalu for his spirituality and style of play.

"You know, he gets more flags than anyone on our team but never gets fined for nothin," Harrison said. "He's so polite and talks so softly that he could tell Goodell to kiss his [butt], and Goodell would smile and say thank you."

Mendenhall tweeted a link Wednesday to NFL rushing statistics that showed he fumbled just twice in 324 rushing attempts last season. He also said on Twitter: "I don't have a problem with what [Harrison] said because I know him."

Steelers president Art Rooney II said in a statement that he hasn't seen the Men's Journal article and hasn't spoken to Harrison.

"We will discuss the situation at the appropriate time, when permitted once the labor situation is resolved," Rooney said in the statement.

fifth element
07-13-2011, 06:33 PM
Also read that Harrison gets away w/ this sort of behavior because everyone knows how ridiculous he can be.

unfortunately, no one will ever take him seriously again

also unfortunately....crap like this is making headlines because the football gods have YET to sign an agreement about the 2011 season.....

bleh. here is the version of the story that I caught.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-steelers-harrisonarticle

Va Beach VH Fan
07-13-2011, 08:49 PM
Meh...

That will all be forgotten once the deal is signed next week.....

chefcraig
07-13-2011, 08:59 PM
Yeah, since the story broke, the players themselves seem to have just tossed it off as a "Harrison being Harrison" type of deal. The real sticking point seems to be him posing with guns and calling the commissioner an anti-gay slur. After Kobe Bryant's recent fining for the same thing, you have to figure the league will do something similar.

Romeo Delight
07-14-2011, 01:22 AM
Can you fine a player for something he said while locked out? I don't think that would stick if it happened.

Apparently this interview took place at lease a month or more ago and the publication was waiting for this time (near a deal) for maximum impact

Nickdfresh
07-17-2011, 10:09 AM
Sullivan's comments are dead-on here....

Harrison sets new low with remarks about Goodell
'Maybe athletes aren't role models. But they can choose to be better than this. Kids look up to them.'

By Jerry Sullivan

Buffalo News Senior Sports Columnist (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/jerry-sullivan/article491376.ece)

Updated: July 17, 2011, 7:46 AM

Evidently, the NFL owners and players are on the brink of a settlement that will end the lockout and bring labor peace to America's favorite sport. That's great news for those of us who spend our autumns wondering just how long it will take for the Bills to achieve a meaningful level of competence on the playing field.

The owners, no doubt, are exultant because they won't have to forfeit revenue from those precious preseason games. It will be perceived as a triumphant compromise for Roger Goodell, the commissioner, and DeMaurice Smith, the head of the players union. Really, how can there be losers when you're cutting a $9 billion pie two ways?

Goodell will emerge from his first major negotiation with his reputation intact. And once he's done with all the necessary paperwork, the commissioner ought to turn his attention to the Steelers' James Harrison, whose insulting and divisive comments in Men's Journal should earn him a hefty fine and suspension from the league.

I'd go with $250,000 and four games as a starting point for Harrison, a star linebacker who became the NFL poster boy for illegal hits last season. Harrison is clearly resentful at Goodell, who fined him $100,000 last season. But the magazine article went over the line. In most normal lines of work, Harrison would have been fired on the spot for his remarks.

He called Goodell a "crook," a "devil" and "stupid." Harrison said he wouldn't urinate on Goodell if he were on fire. He took shots at his teammates, ripping Ben Roethlisberger for throwing two interceptions and Rashard Mendenhall for fumbling in the Super Bowl. Harrison had one tackle in the game.

Harrison used a gay slur to describe Goodell, joining a recent parade of pro athletes who have uttered such crude phrases. It's a troubling pattern, which makes you wonder how far we've come in our acceptance of homosexuals in this society.

In April, the Lakers' Kobe Bryant used the same phrase against a referee after a technical foul. In May, the Bulls' Joakim Noah did it during an exchange with a fan. In a June radio interview, Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson uttered a stream of gay insults to a confrontational caller. Last week, White Sox infielder Gordon Beckham scribbled the message "Getz is Gay" in the dirt for his second base counterpart, the Royals' Chris Getz.

Harrison apologized, of course. There's always an accompanying apology, invariably more well-written and thoughtful than the original rant, thanks to the wonder of agents.

Jackson said he "meant no disrespect to the gay and lesbian community." Bryant apologized. It wasn't like him, you see. Beckham called his message a joke. He and Getz are friends! Ha ha. At least he didn't say he would stab his own son in the heart if he were gay, as comedian Tracy Morgan did recently. Yes, Morgan apologized, too.

Harrison performed the usual athlete's backpedal, claiming his words were "misquoted and taken out of context." Really? In what context is it acceptable to call the boss of your company a devil and a crook, a homosexual and a punk?

Goodell is not above criticism. Harrison had some valid points in the interview. There are inconsistencies in the NFL's legislation against hits to the head. The league did appear to target Harrison last season. But his salient points get lost in the cheap outrage. It didn't help to pose with two handguns across his bare chest, either.

Harrison gave some lame explanation about the right to bear arms in this country. I'm sure the cover won't be any comfort to the thousands of people in America who have been victimized by senseless gun violence. The families of Sean Taylor and Darrent Williams, NFL stars who were shot to death, likely won't be amused.

Maybe athletes aren't role models. But they can choose to be better than this. Kids look up to them. Athletes are their physical ideal. They can have a positive impact in a society where the bullying of gay youths is an epidemic, and where you can still be fired for being gay in 29 states.

It's not only jocks. It's everywhere. I've heard young males in my immediate family use "gay" as a pejorative. "That's so gay!" What adjective does "gay" replace? Does it become a synonym for "weak?" "Stupid?" "Cowardly?" "Non-masculine?" Let's not even get into the regrettable return of "retarded" as a negative descriptor.

What are these young males afraid of? How can elite athletes be so physically gifted and yet so disdainful of people they perceive as less masculine? Harrison said he needed "a better choice of words." But when men spew gay slurs in a moment of anger, it suggests that homophobia is deeply ingrained in our culture.

There are too many stories about athletes who abuse women, or who have children with multiple women and don't fulfill their roles as fathers. Maybe they hide behind the guns and the gay slurs and the macho posturing because they have no idea what it really means to be a man.

jsullivan@buffnews.com

Va Beach VH Fan
08-09-2011, 09:53 PM
This was hilarious....

Va Beach VH Fan
08-19-2011, 09:24 AM
"Dream Team", my ass....

Preseason, granted, but the Steelers absolutely dominated the Eagles last night with the 1st teams playing....

POJO_Risin
08-20-2011, 04:58 PM
I wonder where Lou is these days?

POJO_Risin
08-20-2011, 04:58 PM
I'd love to discuss how the Iggles coach can't win a big one...with his pop offense...

TFM_Dale
09-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Ben Roethlisberger Close To Completing Offseason Without Committing Sex Crime

Va Beach VH Fan
09-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Wow, how hilarious...

TFM_Dale
09-08-2011, 01:17 PM
I really screwed that up, how do I post video?

TFM_Dale
09-08-2011, 01:18 PM
duh, nevermind, I'm still used to my old forums lol

Va Beach VH Fan
09-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Let's see, let's go with grades....

QB - D. The only reason I didn't give Ben an F is because he did have the one TD pass. A couple of horrible INT's, in addition to the tipped one. Lost 2 fumbles as well.

RB - D. One decent run by Mendenhall. Motherfucker needs to stop fucking dancing and run north/south. Also did a lousy job on blitz pickup.

WR - C-. They weren't nearly as big a factor as I thought going into the game. Of course, when Ben doesn't have a lot of time, that doesn't help.

O-line - D. "Only" gave up four sacks, and were getting pushed back on every play. I don't know how long they're going to continue to ignore the O-tackles on this team. They drafted Gilbert in the 2nd round this year, but he's far from proven.

D-line - D. Didn't hear them getting called all game. No pressure on Flacco all game.

Linebackers - F. Harrison and Woodley were non-existent outside of one meaningless sack late in the game.

Secondary - F. See "ignore" comment from O-line.

Coaching - F. What the fuck was up with Foote subbing for a healthy Farrior?? And what the fuck was Ben still in the game late with them down 4 touchdowns??

Overall, it was a perfect storm for the Ravens. Give them full credit, they outplayed, outhustled, and outcoached the Steelers. But, they also got every bounce of the ball, their hits resulted in what, 4 fumble recoveries ??

I feel sorry for Seattle next week. That could get ugly....

ODShowtime
09-18-2011, 08:08 AM
Time to beat the living piss out of the seahawks. Hopefully the Steelers' D will give them something to cry about. Hopefully Sunday Ticket will work this weekend.

Va Beach VH Fan
09-26-2011, 09:37 AM
I don't give a fuck whether they won or not, this team has some serious fucking problems....

I'm really getting tired of watching Mendenhall trying to tip-toe and east/west dance.... Get the ball and go UPFIELD.... They need to get Redman and Moore more carries until Mendenhall gets his head out of his ass....

In his defense, that O-line is absolutely horrendous.... Injuries aside, the Pittsburgh Steelers have only themselves to blame for nearly entirely ignoring the offensive line in both the draft and free agency for three years now....

I've seen fans bash Ben this morning.... Yeah, he threw one INT, but he's to blame for blindside fumbles ??

And that so-called "shutdown corner" Ike Taylor should've been the goat, but Painter overthrew Garcon for the winning TD....

Even the run defense is now looking like shit.... Aaron Smith is on his last legs, get Ziggy in there permanently... Farrior must've missed five tackles last night....

Mark my words: This team does not beat the Texans in Houston on Sunday....

POJO_Risin
10-02-2011, 09:39 AM
Well...in fairness to the Steelers, they have taken offensive linemen within their first two picks of all three of the last three drafts. They took Urbik in 2009, Pouncey in 2010, and Gilbert in 2011.

Theoretically, that's the bulk of your line right there. Urbik was cut (now starting for the Bills and was playing pretty well at right guard. Pouncey is awesome, and the jury is still out on Gilbert, but looks like a good pick. Should they have gone higher each year, or drafted depth? Maybe, if your draft-nicks are doing their job, using a third rounder in '09, a first rounder in '10, and a second rounder in '11 should be the foundation of a good line for years to come....if you're doing your due diligence in free agency. I'll be honest, I don't know that I'd have drafted a lineman higher in any round over the past three years. I'd have definitely gone corner in two of them then went OL in the second and third. In the 2009 draft, they took Ziggy, and I'm pretty happy with that. They didn't have a second rounder...traded to the Broncos for two third rounders (they took Urbik, then took Wallace, so I'm pretty happy with that). They could have taken Max Unger in the first, who I was pushing for. Unger is starting at center for the Seahawks now, and a decent one. He also could play guard. Had they gone Unger/Urbik/Wallace...I'd have been pretty happy...but Hood was a no-brainer...and a steal at the 32nd slot. They could have taken a guy like T.J. Lang with their pick in the third round (the last pick), but they took Keenan Lewis instead...but whatever...

They go Pouncey in round 1 in 2010, and you can't argue with that. What really bothers me is their second pick...a linebacker in Jason Worlids. Now, Worlids quite likely is their next great linebacker, but do you really go there with so many other linebackers in the fold? I'd have gone Jared Veldheer, who I know was high on their board, but someone I think they thought they could get in the third or possibly fourth round. He ended up going in the third, and the Steelers then took a receiver, in Sanders, which I also questions (good receiver though). You can also note that other than suckhole Lewis, they haven't addressed cornerback.

In 2011, I thought Heyward was decent, although I'd have gone OLine there. Heyward could prove to be a steal, with the Steelers dline averaging 94 years old. So I can't fault them there, but had they gone Sherrod, there's an answer at right tackle or guard, then go Gilbert...and you have one incredible looking line for the future. I really thought the Steelers were going to go Aaron Williams in the first though for corner...but whatever...

Agree though that the lineplay sucks...and while Mendy is dancing more than normal...I would be too. He's not missing many holes up front...and Pouncey isn't playing all that well either. He's getting beat up pretty good...which makes you wonder how much behind he is because of his injury...

POJO_Risin
10-02-2011, 09:55 AM
Where they really fucking blew it was the 2008 draft...IMO.

I like Mendenhall, but don't think I'd have gone running back. I'd have likely taken Jenkins at corner, or Rachal at offensive line. They worked both out, but likely figured Rachal might fall to them. They took Mendy...and that was a solid pick though...so you can't fault them there...

It's their next two picks that turned out to blow ass. They took Limas Sweed in the second because rapist was whining about big receivers. I don't think anyone even had him in the first five rounds. I know the Steelers had worked out Ray Rice, and he was a backstop should the big runners go before they picked at 23. When Dallas took Felix and not Mendy, it was a done deal though. If Pittsburgh had gone Jenkins and Rice...wow...but hindsight is 20/20.

Then the damn steelers took damn Bruce Fields...another head scratcher at the time...

They go lineman...lineman there...and you could have two quality starters right now. Instead, they wait until the fourth and take Tony Hills, who many thought would go undrafted...and didn't start looking like an NFL player until this year.

As it stands, he's in Denver right now...as a back up after having a decent camp.

Ugh...

Va Beach VH Fan
10-02-2011, 10:55 AM
Yes, can't dispute the drafting of Pouncey... The next Dawson....

I think Gilbert will end up being a serviceable OT, not great, not bad....

But they should've strengthened their O-line via free agency, and not with washed-out old men like Flozell....

It's like the Pirates GM does their free agency....

POJO_Risin
10-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Totally agree with that Va...I didn't mind the Flozell signing...but...

I think in a year they are going to be kicking themselves for throwing all this money around to 30+ year old defenders...and not solidifying the line...

POJO_Risin
10-02-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say today is a statement game for the Steelers...while it's about 60-40 what kind of statement that they make, I'm going to say they turn their season around today.

Big win in Houston...defense steps up and locks down the run...and maybe even knocks out Schaub...

Just a gut feeling...

Va Beach VH Fan
10-02-2011, 12:24 PM
A lot of truth to that...

I actually picked Houston in the Pick'em...

BUT, this is one of those games when everybody and their mothers are predicting the Steelers' demise, and then they turn right around and kick the shit out of the next team they play.....

Plus, they're on the road, which has always been great for their focus....

POJO_Risin
10-02-2011, 01:02 PM
Yeah...but a lot of holes.

the line...both sides of the ball...the flippin' secondary...the running game...

Glad the Steelers aren't playing that damn Lion's line...

fifth element
10-03-2011, 04:12 AM
Don't know about any of that...but I am happy as hell that the Steelers lost.....

(and that the Chiefs won a game....(1st since LAST november!)

POJO_Risin
11-12-2011, 08:09 PM
POJO and VA Beach converge on the rbc center as the pens take on the hurricanes. Canes up 1-0 thanks to Cam Ward playing out of his flippin' asshole...

Romeo Delight
11-12-2011, 08:15 PM
Nice! Post a pic of some of the local talent

POJO_Risin
11-12-2011, 08:45 PM
3-0 Canes...on 13 shots. Terrible goaltending, and lapses in defense....

Horrid

POJO_Risin
11-12-2011, 08:53 PM
Va just got ejected for stealing the shirt cannon and nearly taking off the head of the fat, bald, dude cheerleader...

Romeo Delight
11-12-2011, 08:57 PM
fat, bald, dude cheerleader...

You don't have the same level of "talent" as Anaheim I am guessing?

POJO_Risin
11-19-2011, 07:02 PM
There's solid talent here...there just wasn't any in the near vicinity...

VAiN
11-20-2011, 10:52 AM
The Panthers beating the Pens was a beautiful thing.. Fuck you, Pittsburg.

Va Beach VH Fan
11-20-2011, 04:54 PM
If you're going to talk shit, at least spell the city's name right....

PITTSBURGH

Va Beach VH Fan
11-20-2011, 04:54 PM
And oh, by the way, some kid named Crosby returns tomorrow at home vs. the Islanders...

FINALLY !!!!

Va Beach VH Fan
11-21-2011, 11:01 PM
And oh, by the way, he only got 2 goals and 2 assists in his return...

Watch the fuck out, NHL......

Romeo Delight
11-22-2011, 12:58 AM
That was nice to see. I think the Pens should take the Cup. My beloved Nucks don't have the right mix at this time.

And since the Pens are in the East, Bettman won't allow any thugery in the Eastern Final.

POJO_Risin
11-22-2011, 07:42 AM
Certainly a big return for the best player in the game...

Hopefully...they handled it 100% correctly with regards to the concussion...clearly they waited a long...long time to bring him back...and clearly he's not missing a beat...

...will be an interesting watch the rest of the way...

POJO_Risin
01-21-2012, 11:48 AM
Well...Bruce Arians "retired" at 59, which is code for...uh...it's time for your lame ass to leave...

Looks like Randy Fichtner, Va's boy from Meadville, will get a look at the job...as well as nutjob Haley, and loser Caldwell. Rumors were abound that Clements may return from Green Bay...but with their OC heading to Miami, doubt that happens...

Va Beach VH Fan
01-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Well...Bruce Arians "retired" at 59, which is code for...uh...it's time for your lame ass to leave...

Looks like Randy Fichtner, Va's boy from Meadville, will get a look at the job...as well as nutjob Haley, and loser Caldwell. Rumors were abound that Clements may return from Green Bay...but with their OC heading to Miami, doubt that happens...

Yeah, what a trip....

I was saying on Facebook, I'd be happy as hell for him, but the pressures of that job have got to be absolutely fucking crazy.....

That said, he ran one of the best offenses in the country as the OC for Memphis, with Deangelo Williams as his RB....

I've read it's between Randy and Caldwell....

POJO_Risin
01-21-2012, 12:05 PM
I saw some shit about Haley as well...from an "insider," but he doesn't appear to have any connection to Tomlin...which seems to be a key in his hires...

He's damn good friends with Caldwell from the Tampa days...and of course...Fichtner...

chefcraig
01-21-2012, 12:15 PM
but with their OC heading to Miami, doubt that happens...

Local sports radio and print are all wondering about Philbin, even before the ink is dry on the contract. There seems to be doubt about an offensive coordinator who only called the plays for his team in a Pro Bowl.

POJO_Risin
01-21-2012, 01:07 PM
I like Philbin...and respect him as a coach...and never in a million years would have hired him this year...

no fucking way...

His fucking son died two weeks ago...how in the hell can you focus on becoming a head coach for the first time...and if you can...why would you want someone like that as your head coach in the first place...

POJO_Risin
01-29-2012, 02:50 PM
Indy whoring their offense and defensive coordinators from the Steelers...

Arians returns there...I think he was the QB coach there back in the early days of Manning...

hiring Keith Butler as their DC...he's Pittsburgh's current LB coach...

neither will be missed...well...maybe Butler...but let's face it...LeBeau makes those linebackers...Butler just focuses them...

Va Beach VH Fan
01-29-2012, 05:05 PM
Jim Caldwell was in town yesterday having lunch with Tomlin....

So that might mean that he could be the frontrunner for the OC job over Randy, but who knows....

chi-town324
01-29-2012, 06:44 PM

So that might mean that he could be the frontrunner for the OC job over Randy, but who knows....

i could see that

POJO_Risin
01-29-2012, 11:55 PM

Will be interesting to see what happens...and how it's perceived...

The Steelers are looking to go to an old-school offense, with a blue-collar running game...and Caldwell has always, historically, been a pass-happy coach...

Too bad they didn't have money under the cap...Peyton Hillis would definitely be on their radar...

if he isn't already...

Va Beach VH Fan
01-30-2012, 11:13 AM
Well, forget about that, Caldwell's going to Baltimore as QB coach....

Looks like the job is Randy's to lose....

Which is both great as a buddy of mine, but I kinda feel sorry for him, 'cause of the pressure he's going to face...

POJO_Risin
01-30-2012, 07:04 PM
Well, forget about that, Caldwell's going to Baltimore as QB coach....

Looks like the job is Randy's to lose....

Which is both great as a buddy of mine, but I kinda feel sorry for him, 'cause of the pressure he's going to face...

Well...when you are the Steelers' OC, one of two things happen...you get made a head coach, or you end up a pariah...

nah...no pressure...

Caldwell is a perfect QB coach...wouldn't like him as an OC for the Steelers...

Va Beach VH Fan
09-10-2012, 08:44 AM
Jesus H. Christ.....

Not as bad as last year's trouncing by the Ravens, but the Steelers loss to the Peytonites sucks nonetheless....

- I give a "C" to Todd Haley's first gameplan.... He was really pushing the run early on, mostly for naught.... And as usual, the red zone playcalling sucked....

- Would've been nice to see Decastro in there, but overall I thought the O-line did pretty well against Dumervil and Miller....

- And last, but certainly not least, how many fucking years has to go by before the Steelers force Lebeau, or someone else if he won't do it, to devise a fucking scheme where the WR's aren't WIDE FUCKING OPEN EVERY FUCKING PLAY !!! Manning was just the latest QB to pick that porous Lebeau pass defense apart. But this isn't just Manning. This happens time after time after time....

If fucking Sanchez beats the Steelers via the pass next week, I may drive to Pittsburgh to choke some bitches.....

DlocRoth
09-10-2012, 10:48 AM
If fucking Sanchez beats the Steelers via the pass next week, I may drive to Pittsburgh to choke some bitches.....

SHOTGUN!! lol

Nickdfresh
09-10-2012, 11:13 AM
I'm sorry, but watching Rapist'burger throw that pick at the end of the game gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling in an otherwise dreary day.... :)

ODShowtime
09-20-2012, 07:03 AM
I'm sorry, but watching Rapist'burger throw that pick at the end of the game gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling in an otherwise dreary day....

Fuck you.

Nickdfresh
09-20-2012, 01:01 PM
And good fuckings to you too good sir... :)

POJO_Risin
12-22-2012, 09:24 PM
I may drive to Pittsburgh to choke some bitches.....

This may become my new sig...

Va Beach VH Fan
12-23-2012, 06:38 PM
Well, I give them credit, at least they find a different way to lose every week....

These fucks have so many legitimate problems, I don't even know which is the most important....

So fuck it, let's talk draft, which right now is between 14 and 16....

Running back ? Twinkletoes will be gone....

Cornerback ? When Ike fucking Taylor is your only legitimate CB, you're in deep kimchee.... Keenan Lewis has improved, but he's a UFA too next year...

OLB ? Harrison is due a $10.035 million cap hit next year.... I don't see the Steelers paying that for an oft-injured LB that will be 35 in May.... PLUS, Woodley is due a $13.24M cap hit, and Timmons is due 11.16M cap hit next year, need those restructured....

Safety ? Troy and Clark aren't going anywhere just yet, but they need to start drafting their replacements....

Defensive Line ? I think Casey has had a good year, but I doubt they're going to re-sign him, not with Hood and Heyward there and Keisel signed for another year...

WR ? Wallace is fucking gone, but they've got too many other problems to draft high....

And oh, by the way, rumor is that Heath tore his ACL.... Yippee !!

TFM_Dale
05-12-2013, 05:26 PM
The Steelers have issued various statements in the wake of the passing of Hall of Fame defensive back Jack Butler, who followed his playing career with decades working as a scout.

“Jack was a tremendous player who ranked among the best in league history with his 52 interceptions while only playing in 12 games a year,” team chairman Dan Rooney said in a statement released by the team. “He was a versatile player who was also used as a wide receiver, but his career ended unfortunately too soon with a bad knee injury. He was an excellent person both on and off the field, and he played an integral role in the BLESTO scouting program and our entire draft process before his retirement. His family was very close to the entire Rooney family, and he will be missed. Our condolences are with his family through this very tough time.”

“Jack Butler was one of the all-time great Steelers,” team president Art Rooney II said. “He devoted his entire life to the NFL and made contributions to many teams and many players through his work with BLESTO and player personnel matters.”

“Jack was a great person and great friend who always placed his faith and family first,” Steelers G.M. Kevin Colbert said. “Beyond his great play on the field, he was a legendary personnel man who helped so many of us get established in our scouting careers. He will be missed, but never forgotten.”

It’s a fitting tribute to a man who spent most of his life trying to make the Steelers a better team.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Va Beach VH Fan
08-02-2013, 07:45 AM
If DGT can bump up the Cleveland thread talking about the Indians, then I'm doing the same damn thing to the Pittsburgh thread with the Pirates, dammit !!

Took 4 out of 5 from the Cardinals and the best record in baseball, bitches.... ;)

mh5150
08-02-2013, 11:45 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/02/pugubeba.jpg

Va Beach VH Fan
08-02-2013, 01:06 PM
I can play that game too, ya know...

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k55/ferr3816/wegot6_zps9f8e380f.jpg (http://s85.photobucket.com/user/ferr3816/media/wegot6_zps9f8e380f.jpg.html)

mh5150
08-02-2013, 03:40 PM
I can play that game too, ya know...

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k55/ferr3816/wegot6_zps9f8e380f.jpg (http://s85.photobucket.com/user/ferr3816/media/wegot6_zps9f8e380f.jpg.html)

Just 2 in 15 years .
Having a bit of fun that's all....

Va Beach VH Fan
08-02-2013, 04:18 PM
Just 2 in 15 years .
Having a bit of fun that's all....

I think you need to check your math, 2 in 8 years....