X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Baseball and Softball out as medal sports in the 2012 Olympics

lmfao...they are blaming the US...saying it's because we won't let the Major League Players play...

and that our steroid scandals helped cause it...

what a bunch of dumb fuckers...

when are they going to realize that it's gone because noone gives one double damn about a sport that Cuba dominates...

dumbasses...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • Figs
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jun 2004

...is ping pong still in?

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

lmfao...yep...

they took out baseball and softball because of the amount of competitors it brings in...they want to cut down...

so they are going to add golf...

and rugby?

last I knew...rugby teams were just as big as baseball and softball teams...

what they are trying to do is probably take out some US medals...not sure...

but hey...nothing like the ball grabbing sport of rugby to issue in Olympic wonder...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Unchainme
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2005

I can't Wait For The World Cup of Baseball that should be amaszing, Best of the best going at it for Global bragiing rights.
        Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

I've never paid much attention to Olympic baseball anyways, no sweat off of my cojones...
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

I watched the Atlanta games baseball team...when Lasorda was coaching...

but much past that...I don't give a shit either...

I generally tried to catch the game against Japan and Cuba...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

That was the one when Benson was on the team, right ??

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

It would have had to been...1996...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

The beginning to a moderately average, if not mediocre, career....

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Of course...a lot of people said that about Schmidt...until he turned 30...

of course...then Schmidt got good...

Comment

• stringfelowhawk
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Mar 2004

I bet they still have the lamest fucking "Olympic" sport known to man.
                      I don't know the name but I saw it while flipping through the channels to see which game they were showing. A rider gallops a fucking horse around a square area the size of an endzone. NO jumps, no barrels or other obstacles. Just literally galloping a horse in a big square. The rider didn't do tricks or stunts. They didn't tell jokes they just GALLOPED A HORSE. What the fuck does this have to do with the olympics? What part of this act is the human skill that makes it qualify as a human competion?
                      I have to stop before I lay into Olympic Taekwando which is more boring than watching grass grow in the middle of the desert.
                      Visit my online store http://www.tripleclicks.com/12395755 or get your own http://www.sfi4.com/12395755/FREE

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

So was it turning 30, or leaving Pittsburgh ??

I can list a bunch of former Pirate pitchers who are pretty productive in other places....

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Well...certainly Schmidt was just as dominating with Pittsburgh as he was with San Fran...

but 2 things happened...

1. Offense

2. He learned that you didn't have to K everyone to pitch well...

Comment

• Figs
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jun 2004

In all honesty I wouldn't miss baseball either. It's just that with the other weird (I know, who defines weird) sports that are in, why not have baseball?

If it were up to me, I would only have sports that the Olympic gold represents the ultimate achievement in that sport - like the Track & Field events, and a lot of others.

Why bother with Basketball, Baseball, & Soccer when you have the NBA championship, the World Series, & the World Cup of Soccer? Most every athelete in those sports would consider Olympic Gold a secondary achievement.

Comment

• monkeythe
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Apr 2004

The American team didn't even qualify for the Olympics last year, so the theory of eliminating a US medal doesn't fly. The real problem with the sport in the Olympics is that the best players in the world aren't on the field and the Olympics should be a contest between the best athletes in the world. I'm glad Selig didn't even think about stopping the MLB season to keep baseball in the Olympics.

Comment

Working...