PDA

View Full Version : Another good reason not to order Domino's

academic punk
07-10-2005, 02:40 PM
Can I get that with anchovies, red peppers, and a heaping dose of exploitation, please?

http://www.freep.com/news/statewire/sw118178_20050708.htm

Ave Maria University establishes Schiavo scholarship
July 8, 2005, 6:25 PM

NAPLES, Fla. (AP) -- The fledgling Ave Maria University has established a scholarship in the name of Terri Schiavo for students planning careers in the priesthood, officials announced Friday.

The Terri Schindler-Schiavo Scholarship for pre-theologate students aims "to carry on Terri's name and assist future priests and laypersons in creating and developing a Catholic culture of life," the university said in a statement.

The liberal arts school was founded by Domino's Pizza magnate Thomas Monaghan, a supporter of conservative Catholic causes in Michigan and elsewhere.

Terri Schiavo, who suffered severe brain damage when her heart temporarily stopped in 1990, died March 31 from dehydration after her feeding tube was disconnected despite efforts by Gov. Jeb Bush, her parents, anti-abortion activists and some state and national lawmakers to keep her alive. The Vatican condemned her death as "arbitrarily hastened," and called the removal of her feeding tube a violation of the principles of Christianity and civilization.

Her husband, Michael Schiavo, had fought to have the tube disconnected, saying his wife wouldn't have wanted to remain alive in what many doctors said was a persistent vegetative state.

Set up to become one of the university's annual endowed scholarships, the goal is to have up to $4 million in scholarship money available to students within the next few years, the university said.

"It's great to have an institution willing to take on something like this," said her father, Bob Schindler. "We feel that Terri was chosen by God to combat evil, and what a fine way to pay tribute to her life."

Ave Maria graduated its first class this spring. The school has been conducting its classes in temporary facilities while a $220 million, 750-acre campus is built in Naples. It is expected to open next year.

blueturk
07-10-2005, 03:33 PM
Not to mention that Domino's pizza tastes like shit.

UGS
07-10-2005, 03:36 PM
All franchised pizza places are shitty and overpriced. If you want good pizza, it's all about the locally owned and operated independant joints. Hell of a lot better prices too.

blueturk
07-10-2005, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by UGS
All franchised pizza places are shitty and overpriced. If you want good pizza, it's all about the locally owned and operated independant joints. Hell of a lot better prices too.

That's true, but Domino's is the Van Hagar of franchised pizza. Generic bullshit with an inexplicably large fan base.

Samir
07-10-2005, 03:46 PM
But Domino's has many times as much fans as Van Hagar

Jérôme Frenchise
07-10-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Samir
But Domino's has many times as much fans as Van Hagar

Yeah. Van Hag sounds like a shitty pizza tastes.

Nickdfresh
07-10-2005, 04:01 PM
DOMINOS just opened in the town next over, it's already dying because of the local pizza & wings places, which are far superior...

FORD
07-10-2005, 04:03 PM
Wings places in Buffalo??

The Hell you say!

ODShowtime
07-10-2005, 04:06 PM
said her father, Bob Schindler: "We feel that Terri was chosen by God to combat evil"

oh yeah, she just was kicking ass and taking names there in the coma unit! :rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
07-10-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by FORD

The Hell you say!

Wings, pizza, and subs! Hardly any of those chains really do well here. Shit, now I'm hungry!

academic punk
07-10-2005, 05:41 PM
Why is is it that OD Showtime is the only one commenting on the article?

The pizza forum is in "NON", people...

:)

ODShowtime
07-10-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
Why is is it that OD Showtime is the only one commenting on the article?
:)

because I care

academic punk
07-10-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
because I care

The perhaps you too should open your own pizza franchise and finance Christian Schools with whacky scholarship funds!

Jérôme Frenchise
07-10-2005, 05:56 PM
Happy 4000th AP!:D

Damn, we registered at the same time... What a chatterbox you are!

ODShowtime
07-10-2005, 05:56 PM
The perhaps you too should open your own pizza franchise and finance Christian Schools with whacky scholarship funds!

change pizza to burritos and you got a deal!

LoungeMachine
07-10-2005, 06:19 PM

"It's great to have an institution willing to take on something like this," said her father, Bob Schindler. "We feel that Terri was chosen by God to combat evil, and what a fine way to pay tribute to her life."

Great, she can start with Randall Terry, Jeb Bush, Tom DeLay, and all of the other Evil Doers who crawled out from under a rock on her behalf.

There's a Veggie Pizza / Schiavo joke just waiting for someone with low morals to post........

But I of course would never post such a thing.:cool:

LoungeMachine
07-10-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
Happy 4000th AP!:D

Damn, we registered at the same time... What a chatterbox you are!

Today is my 1 year anniversary here.

One Large Schiavo with anchovies for the group ;)

Jérôme Frenchise
07-10-2005, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Today is my 1 year anniversary here.

One Large Schiavo with anchovies for the group ;)

Happy First B-day to you LM! :D Keep on rocking!

Thanks for the pizza, and cheers! :gulp:

Jérôme Frenchise
07-10-2005, 06:36 PM
There's a funny song on J. Geils Band's "Love stinks" that's called
"No anchovies, please".
Maybe you can listen to it there:

http://www.mp3.com/tracks/2773481/dl_streams.html

academic punk
07-10-2005, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

There's a Veggie Pizza / Schiavo joke just waiting for someone with low morals to post........

Has anyone ever heard a joke that's in such questionable taste that your balls retract for a moment?

I have.

academic punk
07-10-2005, 07:38 PM
Oh, and by the way, while we're on the topic...

http://www.sciencedaily.com/upi/?feed=TopNews&article=UPI-1-20050708-10445700-bc-us-schiavo.xml

LoungeMachine
07-10-2005, 09:48 PM
Has anyone ever heard a joke that's in such questionable taste that your balls retract for a moment?

I have.

I'm sorry, a/p

:(

Seshmeister
07-10-2005, 10:06 PM
I do like their new super thin base things but they are seriously fucking overpriced.

Sometimes I phone them on a Sunday lunchtime to feed people that have stayed over if I can't be bothered cooking.

Nickdfresh
07-10-2005, 10:30 PM
DOMINOS pizza is like fucking cheese & tomato paste on a saltine-cracker to me. There are few good things to say about the BUFFALO area at this point, but we have some of the best pizza in the country.

If the DOMINOS fails that I mentioned earlier, it will be the second time in 15-years here.

Unchainme
07-11-2005, 12:23 AM
God Anyone else Ate At Pizza King in Indiana.
http://www.pizzakingindiana.com/menu.asp

Thats my fav. Pizza, To bad they don't have any 'round here :(.

http://www.atticaonline.com/Sports%20Information/images/pizzaking.gif

FORD
07-11-2005, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
I do like their new super thin base things but they are seriously fucking overpriced.

Sometimes I phone them on a Sunday lunchtime to feed people that have stayed over if I can't be bothered cooking.

They have Dominos in Scotland??

Do they have any REAL pizza there?

danzig
07-11-2005, 01:55 AM
I miss working in a ma and pa pizza joint. Free small pizza to take home every night. Abondanza!! Woodstocks in San Diego and Santa Barbara! The legend continues. Anybody done that?

Matt White
07-11-2005, 02:04 AM
I hate Tom Monaghan for an entirely different reason...HE RUINED MY DETROIT TIGERS BACK IN 1985!!!:fuck:

BASTURD!!!!!!:mad:

academic punk
07-11-2005, 11:55 AM
While we're on the topci of food and sustenance, may I just add that

JesterStar...IS HUNGRY FOR THE COCK!!!

Mezro
07-11-2005, 02:31 PM

The Hell you say!

I hear you Blackie Lawless:D

Mezro...Wings, Buffalo and Mark Ruffalo...oh what a place...for human waste...

Nickdfresh
07-11-2005, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
I hear you Blackie Lawless:D

Mezro...Wings, Buffalo and Mark Ruffalo...oh what a place...for human waste...

Go borrow one of BILL LUMBERGH's gerbils!:mad:

Mezro
07-11-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Go borrow one of BILL LUMBERGH's gerbils!:mad:

Forgot you were from Buffalo Nick.

Mezro...LOL...sorry about that man...

Nickdfresh
07-11-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
Forgot you were from Buffalo Nick.

Mezro...LOL...sorry about that man...

Actually, I meant MARK RUFFALO's NOT from BUFFALO. We have enough shitheads to take credit for.:D

None taken, I live about 30 miles south...

http://www.bryantchoung.com/archives/conanvsjohn.JPG http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/a/a/aas217/mainpic.jpg

Mezro
07-11-2005, 05:09 PM
In a simple rhyme, Mark Ruffalo and Buffalo works..LOL.

Mezro...hard to rhyme pussy Goo Goo Doll and Buffalo...

academic punk
07-11-2005, 06:48 PM
"Mark, you made us listen to that crappy song "iris" against our wills/
Get lost and go back to where you came from, where football fans root for the Bills"

Okay, it's not gold, but I didn't labor on it for too long...

(and it shows)

Seshmeister
07-11-2005, 07:23 PM
They have Dominos in Scotland??

Do they have any REAL pizza there?

Of course but you don't get an Italian restaurant open at midday who will deliver.

What do you mean by REAL anyway. American???