PDA

View Full Version : My Dream Van Halen Lineup

Unchainme
07-13-2005, 11:11 AM
Since Al is a dick, and Mike is Sam's Boyfriend, I thought what If Ed and The Diamond One still wanted tour, Heres My Dream Van Halen
Lead Singer- Diamond David Lee Roth
Guitar- Ed
Bass- Billy Sheehan
Drums- Dave Grohl (He did awesome with His Metal project Probot, and he probaly was obssesed with Van Halen when he was a kid, so why not)

Your Thoughts?

jero
07-13-2005, 11:13 AM
Although it sounds great on paper, I don't think they can make it sound like CVH!

Carmine
07-13-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by jero
Although it sounds great on paper, I don't think they can make it sound like CVH!

ditto...

moose
07-13-2005, 11:18 AM
Great choices, but just not CVH.

DlocRoth
07-13-2005, 11:23 AM
Yep...Sheehan is too good.

franksters
07-13-2005, 11:29 AM
Dave doesn't need any of the sisters anymore...

he should just keep on doin what he does and that's it, add some of the solo stuff and I'll be happy.

do you seriously think that if Dave reunite with vh he will perform spammy era kindy garden rock ballad?????

bueno bob
07-13-2005, 11:33 AM
No

Carmine
07-13-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by franksters

do you seriously think that if Dave reunite with vh he will perform spammy era kindy garden rock ballad?????

NO!NO! NO!

bueno bob
07-13-2005, 11:34 AM
Besides...for a new bassist, I'd pick John Alderete...

Carmine
07-13-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Besides...for a new bassist, I'd pick John Alderete...

Les Claypool..."My name is MUD"....:D

bueno bob
07-13-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
Les Claypool..."My name is MUD"....:D

...so I kissed him upside his cranium with an aluminum baseball bat, my name is mud... :)

Claypool is a great funk bassist, for sure...but I honestly feel John's chops are virtually second to none, Claypool, Sheehan, Coven...John's just an outstandingly good bassist...his instructional shit has blown my fuckin' mind more than anything else recently...amazing...

Dave's Bitch
07-13-2005, 11:45 AM
wouldnt be the same without alex and mike....

bueno bob
07-13-2005, 11:47 AM
But it could be better! :)

Truth, it wouldn't be CVH at all.

Hey Carmine, here's some trivia for ya - between 1983 and 1984, Les Claypool engineered two or three albums for a young, hot new guitarist - any guesses who it was?

Carmine
07-13-2005, 11:48 AM
...so I kissed him upside his cranium with an aluminum baseball bat, my name is mud... :)

Claypool is a great funk bassist, for sure...but I honestly feel John's chops are virtually second to none, Claypool, Sheehan, Coven...John's just an outstandingly good bassist...his instructional shit has blown my fuckin' mind more than anything else recently...amazing...

Did you know Claypool tried out for Metallica after Cliff Burton died...

...It appears not to have gone well...:rolleyes:

bueno bob
07-13-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
Did you know Claypool tried out for Metallica after Cliff Burton died...

...It appears not to have gone well...:rolleyes:

Yeah, Les said that, uh...he was the "entirely wrong guy" for the position :)

jero
07-13-2005, 01:56 PM
let's not change things! Let's get it back togheter! We all want it

Carmine
07-13-2005, 02:02 PM
Yeah, Les said that, uh...he was the "entirely wrong guy" for the position :)

Entirely!!

He jammed Eisley Brothers tunes for his tryout in front of Lars!!

jero
07-13-2005, 02:04 PM
I'm from The Netherlands, we got a company called Philips (maybe you have heard of it) and the' ve got a slogan "let's make things better" They invented the CD and more of it! Will your CD sound better even if the music sucks? I don' t think so. CVH is the whole book the rest is dispossible

Polk High
07-14-2005, 07:14 AM
whats sheehan been up to anyway

mako_kimura
07-16-2005, 09:39 AM
My dream VH lineup:
Vocals-Diamond Dave
Guitar-EVH
Bass-Gene Simmons
Drums-AVH

canadiandlrgirl
07-16-2005, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by mako_kimura
My dream VH lineup:
Vocals-Diamond Dave
Guitar-EVH
Bass-Gene Simmons
Drums-AVH

Dave and Gene Simmons.....the 2 biggest egos
hmmmmm don't think that is gonna work lol

SNIPER
07-16-2005, 04:06 PM
for it to work without Mike or Alex it would have to be an umplugged deal with Dave and Ed ofcourse.

SNIPER
07-16-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Polk High
whats sheehan been up to anyway

Saw Sheehan and Vai play a coulpe months back in Boise.

Matt White
07-16-2005, 05:06 PM
After last night...I can tell you: DAVE has a dream lineup right now!!!

Cato
07-17-2005, 08:44 AM
Mike should be in the band. although he's average as a bass player, his voice is a must factor for the VH sound.
as for Al, he's really a no good bastard. I'm sure that he couldn't play there if he was not Ed's brother.
so, my dream lineup is...

DLR
EVH
Dan Hartman
Mike (Backfround Vo)
Ozzy Fudd

SNIPER
07-17-2005, 01:18 PM
Alex might be a prick but I think he is a damn good drummer. He doesnt sound like anyone else and his tone is stellar. He never fucks up either. The only change to a CVH lineup should be me on Bass!

SloBurn
07-18-2005, 07:32 PM
All these bassplayers mentioned are too talented. EVH would never give himself a chance to be eclipsed by another MUSICIAN - bad enough that Dave would do it!! Remember how angry and jealous Eddie was that Alex was better on the drums than him?

Michael Anthony, while being a good bassplayer, is fairly ordinary really, when stacked up against the likes of Sheehan, Claypool, Flea etc. Remember his bass solo in 'Live Without A Net'? Puh-leeeeeaze! The king of the lo-fi bass solo was Cliff Burton. I bet Mike used his Jack Daniels bass to distract everyone - "look, duuuhh......it looks just like a bottle of Jack!! That's too much man....!"

Fuck EVH - he'll never get a chance to redeem himself as a musician.