PDA

View Full Version : Bush Honesty Rating Drops to Lowest Point

DLR'sCock
07-14-2005, 03:48 PM
Bush Honesty Rating Drops to Lowest Point
By Mark Murray
NBC News

Wednesday 13 July 2005

NBC/WSJ poll: Iraq replaces jobs as most important American priority.
Washington - The last two weeks certainly have been eventful ones in America and across the globe: President Bush gave a prime-time speech on Iraq and attended a G-8 summit in Scotland; Sandra Day O'Connor announced her retirement from the Supreme Court (with perhaps another retirement on the way); and suicide bombers killed approximately 50 people in London. After these events, the latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll finds that Bush's overall job rating has slipped and that his rating for being "honest and straightforward" has dropped to its lowest point.

Regarding Bush's upcoming pick to replace O'Connor on the court, moreover, the poll shows that strong majorities believe Bush would be taking a step in the right direction if he appointed a woman and someone who supports references to God in public life. But a majority also thinks that Bush would take a wrong step if he chose someone who would vote to overturn the Roe v. Wade decision that legalized abortion.

The survey, which was conducted from July 8-11 among 1,009 adults, and which has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.1 percentage points, finds that respondents, by a 49 percent-to-46 percent margin, disapprove of Bush's job performance. That's a drop from the last NBC/Journal poll in May, when 47 percent approved and 47 percent disapproved. In addition, the only time when Bush's job rating has been worse was in June 2004, when 45 percent approved of his performance.

Furthermore, only 41 percent give Bush good marks for being "honest and straightforward" - his lowest ranking on this question since he became president. That's a drop of nine percentage points since January, when a majority (50 percent to 36 percent) indicated that he was honest and straightforward. This finding comes at a time when the Bush administration is battling the perception that its rhetoric doesn't match the realities in Iraq, and also allegations that chief political adviser Karl Rove leaked sensitive information about a CIA agent to a reporter. (The survey, however, was taken just before these allegations about Rove exploded into the current controversy.)

"It's a bad period for the president," said Democratic pollster Peter D. Hart, who conducted the survey with Republican Bill McInturff. Hart attributes Bush's problems to "one part the economy, two parts Iraq, and one part everything else." In fact, he is somewhat surprised that Bush's ratings didn't increase slightly after the London attacks. "I am sort of surprised we don't see more a skew toward rallying around anti-terrorism."

But McInturff sees Bush's poll numbers as part of a broader indictment against all of Washington and politics as usual. "These are problematic numbers, but there are a lot of indications that the other option - the Democratic Party - is also in a much weaker position than it started the year." He adds that the public's negative attitude toward Washington could intensify if Democrats and Republicans begin battling over Bush's eventual choice to replace O'Connor on the Supreme Court. "This is a very difficult climate to begin [that] conversation," McInturff said.

Also according to the poll, the public ranks the war in Iraq as the top priority the federal government should address, followed by job creation and then homeland security. In January's NBC/Journal poll, the economy ranked first - followed by Iraq and then homeland security.

On Bush's upcoming pick for the Supreme Court, strong majorities believe Bush would be making a positive step if he appointed a justice who continues to allow references to God in public life (63 percent), who is a woman (60 percent), and who upholds affirmative action laws and policies (55 percent). However, 50 percent think Bush would be making a mistake if his choice changes the court's balance on Roe v. Wade. "There are chunks of people who are certainly right-to-life who are willing to leave [Roe v. Wade] alone," McInturff explained.

The poll also notes that 41 percent (vs. 30 percent) want Bush to appoint a strong conservative to the court, while a nearly equal proportion (40 percent to 25 percent) would like for him to take into consideration the views of secular and liberal groups.

Warham
07-14-2005, 03:50 PM
This is the key sentence in the whole article:

"These are problematic numbers, but there are a lot of indications that the other option - the Democratic Party - is also in a much weaker position than it started the year."

Cathedral
07-14-2005, 05:23 PM
This article tells me quite clearly, "We're Fucked!".

The whole lesser of two evils thing has really done a number on our country because we have elected people that really have no business running a Hot Dog stand, much less America.

And this has gone on since the birth of elections pretty much.

But we can't really blame the politicians, can we?
After all, we are the one's who gave them the power in the first place.

FORD
07-14-2005, 05:27 PM
We definitely CAN blame the Whore Media and Diebold for huge chunks of it.

Because the Whore Media won't be honest about who you vote for, and with Diebold you don't even KNOW who you voted for.

Keeyth
07-14-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral

The whole lesser of two evils thing has really done a number on our country because we have elected people that really have no business running a Hot Dog stand, much less America.

And this has gone on since the birth of elections pretty much.

But we can't really blame the politicians, can we?
After all, we are the one's who gave them the power in the first place.

And we are supposed to be the ones who can take it away from them. But not anymore. They have found ways to cheat themselves into power, and ways to scare us into not getting rid of them.

A great man once said after the '04 election:
SHAME on you, America! :mad:

You were so right FORD...

frets5150
07-14-2005, 09:11 PM

Hot Dog stand LOL
:D

scorpioboy33
07-14-2005, 09:17 PM
thats ball green newspaper dance :)

LoungeMachine
07-14-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Warham
This is the key sentence in the whole article:

"These are problematic numbers, but there are a lot of indications that the other option - the Democratic Party - is also in a much weaker position than it started the year."

:rolleyes:

jessuz h. christ, warpig.

Bottom line, your take is: "yeah, we suck major ass, and we're a bunch of shit bag fuck ups, but we're better than the other guys"

Way to reach for the stars:cool:

Such a high standard you hold:rolleyes:

Cathedral
07-14-2005, 09:50 PM
Fuck it, I have heard too many people tell me that i should run for City Council here in Fairfield....I'm gonna give it a shot.

My friends are right, if I want change so fucking bad i need to step up to the plate and try to make that change happen myself.

Then my foot will be in the door and who knows where it would stop.
I would love to represent Ohio in some fashion or the other..Congressman?.....Senator?......I think i could do a good enough job for all peoples interests because i care for more than just myself and money.

I could be the countries first "No Party" candidate, lol.

But seriously, I think i'll see what i need to do to at least give it a shot.

frets5150
07-14-2005, 10:06 PM
Good luck Go for it.:D

Cathedral
07-14-2005, 10:24 PM
I am going to look into it, I certainly couldn't do any worse than who we have now.

Thanks!

LoungeMachine
07-14-2005, 10:25 PM
Fuck it, I have heard too many people tell me that i should run for City Council here in Fairfield....I'm gonna give it a shot.

When asked by the press, disavow any knowledge of this site, and you'll be fine:D

Gonzo Party !!!! :cool:

Cathedral
07-14-2005, 10:53 PM
LMMFAO, I have a lot more than this site to disavow, buddy.

And none of it even gets me close to the skeletons in some higher ups closets...But still.

City Council ain't that big a deal anyway, but i would like to do something good for my Community.

It might make me feel better, it might make me go the rest of the way into Postal Mentality...who knows.

BigBadBrian
07-15-2005, 03:06 PM

My friends are right, if I want change so fucking bad i need to step up to the plate and try to make that change happen myself.

I would love to represent Ohio in some fashion or the other..Congressman?.....Senator?......I think i could do a good enough job for all peoples interests because i care for more than just myself and money.

If you ever get to be President, can I be on your Cabinet? :D

thome
07-15-2005, 03:13 PM

Be real can you open yourself up to what you and the rest of us
do to them?

Cathedral
07-15-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

I would never consider that job, that is not my goal at all.

I firmly believe that change has to come from the other end of the spectrum, the local governments.
If we fix the lower offices then all we would have progressing to the top would be better people than we currently have representing both major parties.

And that is the whole thing in a nutshell.
The idea that only one political view is represented no matter which party is in control is the problem.
Every American deserves equal and fair representation regardless.

The Oval Office isn't a highschool sports trophy to be set on one teams mantle for 4 years.

Cathedral
07-15-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by thome
Be real can you open yourself up to what you and the rest of us
do to them?

That is the exact reason why i am even thinking about it.
Because what I and everyone else does to them is exactly what THEY want us doing to each other.
It's how they are able to get an advantage above the other.

We are the pawns in the biggest chess game in world history.
We have been conditioned to follow along blindly and excuse lies and corruption by those we support, while ignoring the truth based on fear of losing that power.

It is the definition of hypocracy.

I can no longer play that game and be comfortable with myself.

thome
07-15-2005, 04:25 PM
Cat just remember one thing i know you are your own man but,

you can make a difference on a local level. Voteing in local govt

issues better than being In govt.Street signs, curbs, zoning ect.

Thats how these freeks are stealing our rites away at the bottom

slowly and quietly.chipping away.

FORD
07-15-2005, 04:28 PM
Go for it Cat.

I'm assuming Ohio voters are forgiving of past mistakes. Jerry Springer paid for a hooker with a check when he was the mayor of Cincinatti, and he was being discussed seriously as a Senate candidate until he went on the radio.

Now what do you have that competes with that? ;)

Warham
07-15-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
:rolleyes:

jessuz h. christ, warpig.

Bottom line, your take is: "yeah, we suck major ass, and we're a bunch of shit bag fuck ups, but we're better than the other guys"

Way to reach for the stars:cool:

Such a high standard you hold:rolleyes:

I knew you'd respond to my post. ;)

Keeyth
07-15-2005, 07:42 PM

Oh no... ..then we're RRREEEEEAAAALLLLY in trouble!!!:eek:

Keeyth
07-15-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Warham
I knew you'd respond to my post. ;)

Nice.:rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
07-15-2005, 07:52 PM

With the skeletons in your closet?

Not bloody likely :D

Warpig would make a helluva Press Secretary though:rolleyes:

I see you more of a Chief of Staff type, anyway:cool:

But not Cabinet Level

Guitar Shark
07-15-2005, 08:06 PM
I see him as a janitor. Maybe an intern. ;)

LoungeMachine
07-15-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Maybe an intern. ;)

Are you insinuating counselor that BBB is "headed" to the Oral Office?:eek:

Does he own a blue dress that you know of?

:cool:

Cathedral
07-15-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Go for it Cat.

I'm assuming Ohio voters are forgiving of past mistakes. Jerry Springer paid for a hooker with a check when he was the mayor of Cincinatti, and he was being discussed seriously as a Senate candidate until he went on the radio.

Now what do you have that competes with that? ;)

Nothing really, By our current political standards I was pretty much an angel.

Unless being arrested for pissing in the Ohio River in '87 comes back to haunt me.
Hey, it was River Fest, and the shitters were full, lol.

There was an assault charge, but the charges were dropped once the asshole i beat the shit out of opened his mouth to the judge.

My comments in any court room are limited and beaming with overwhelming respect to all who work there.
It was clearly evident that i was provoked by the dumb ass, and i was.

Other than that, i've been a good boy. :)