PDA

View Full Version : Among The Finest VAN HALEN Boots

Nickdfresh
07-14-2005, 09:15 PM
FM soundboard of Van HALEN on the Diver Down tour in South America; one of three excellent sounding boots of that period in the glory of lossless audio.

Van Halen
Auditorio El Cilandro
Montevideo, Uruguay
February 5, 1983
Also includes FM interview, Montevideo, Uruguay, February 4, 1983

Excellent setlist as well. This one is worth the effort.

http://www.jamtothis.com/showthread.php?t=1946

bueno bob
07-14-2005, 09:39 PM
It's a grate recording :) I have it already, but it's still one of the best sounding ones out there.

Big Fat Sammy
07-14-2005, 09:56 PM
One of these days I gotta figure out this bittorrent shit.

Nickdfresh
07-14-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy
One of these days I gotta figure out this bittorrent shit.

It's not that tough and most everything is free. If I can do it, anyone can.

One of these days I'm gonna give a clinic on how to bit torrent/convert ot WAV lossless (instead of MP3, which are not as good).

Big Fat Sammy
07-15-2005, 12:04 AM
I just dont know how to convert it all to WAV

Nickdfresh
07-15-2005, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy
I just dont know how to convert it all to WAV

Download --FLAC (http://flac.sourceforge.net/download.html) Frontend onto your computer (free download). More info on FLAC here. (http://wiki.etree.org/index.php?page=FlacFrontend[/url)

When you torrent, several folders will appear on your desk top. When the torrent is finished downloading (which could take several hours, depending on the seed), you can open one of the "Disc" folders and you should have a "FLAC" codec file for each, individual song.

When you download and set up FLAC Frontend, an icon should be on your desktop. When this icon is opened, you can:

1.) Click on "ADD files, when you click on this icon, it will automatically open a browse feature that will allow you to sift through the folders on your computer.

2.) Simply select the folder containing the FLAC files you've just downloaded, then highlight all of the files. Then click on "Open."

3.) FLAC with then import all of the highlighted files. Then select "DECODE" and a new, black field with white text screen (that resembles the program run feature on your computer) will open in you can monitor each song being decoded from a FLAC file to a WAV file.

(SHN is another "lossless" form of encoding and compressing files for torrenting. It's also a free download and you can decode to WAV much like you can with FLAC, but most do not prefer this format.)

4.) The WAV files will automatically be placed into the bootleg folder along with the FLAC files. Sometimes, I create a separate "WAV File" folder before I do anything, and select this as the "output" feature to automatically place the WAV files in a separate folder for burning to CD-R (I use iTunes) when the decoding's done.

For more information on Bit Torrenting, see the following links:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/extras-faq.php

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/bt-dimeadozen-org/links (at YAHOO)

Big Troubles
07-15-2005, 09:08 AM
for FLAC's sakes!

Carmine
07-15-2005, 09:32 AM
Thanks to Nick's tutorial here...I am no longer FLAC'in retarded.

...Props!

Big Troubles
07-15-2005, 11:00 AM
Im still Flac'in incapable. Maybe it will come to be when I FLAC my wife later. :D

Big Fat Sammy
07-15-2005, 11:37 AM
Thanks Nick!

Nickdfresh
07-15-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
for FLAC's sakes!

Shut the FLAC up mother FLACKER!:D

Nickdfresh
07-15-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
Thanks to Nick's tutorial here...I am no longer FLAC'in retarded.

...Props!

It's not difficult at all really. The biggest problem I've had when torrenting is configuring the "hard" firewall router so the speed stays kosher.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-15-2005, 08:20 PM
I already have this, but ya gotta love Dave talking to the crowd in Spanish....

Dave's PA Rental
07-15-2005, 09:03 PM
I had a Bit-torrent tutorial thread here a year and a half ago...I caught so much fucking abuse for it that I deleted it a few weeks later out of spite...(this was when I was Mod of the Boots forum as well as Main...)

Glad you fuckers finally came around...;)

The Scatologist
07-15-2005, 11:45 PM
ura gay

Dave's PA Rental
07-16-2005, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by The Scatologist
ura gay

No, Youre a Guay. Montey Video.

rothnroll39
07-18-2005, 02:09 AM
i have 52 live concerts of david lee roth and vanhalen,i have 6 concerts with roth with vanhalen and the other 46 concerts i have r of roth solo.if anyone can tell me how i can transfer the shows onto the roth army website here i would b more than happy to do it. if anyone wants to tell me how to do this e-mail me at shawnmykles23@yahoo.com or instant message me on yahoo at shawnmykles23..3 of the roth with vanhalen concerts i have r not on this roth army site and i have a hell of alot of roth solo shows that this site dosent have so i would really like to donate these shows to the roth army for everyone to listen to.if anyone can help me than let me know,,,,,,,,,,later

Hardrock69
07-18-2005, 04:42 PM
Flac is great if you have broadband.

Same for bittorrent.

I can't have any file sharing software at work. And at home I have a hopelessly crippled 56k connection.

So unless somebody simply posts files for download...I am out of luck.

Rebel
07-18-2005, 07:33 PM
That's the one thing people forget, many folks don't have access to high speed. There's a section on jtt for snail trades of things being torrented. VHTrade is another great place to find snail trades, especially if your into DVDs.

Romeo Delight
07-23-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
FM soundboard of Van HALEN on the Diver Down tour in South America; one of three excellent sounding boots of that period in the glory of lossless audio.

Excellent setlist as well. This one is worth the effort.

http://www.jamtothis.com/showthread.php?t=1946

Much appreciated!!!!