28 Games and counting...Damon is halfway to 56...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

28 Games and counting...Damon is halfway to 56...

Only halfway...but it seems to be an interesting guy going after a hit streak...

Damon is a scrappy player...a hustler...a guy who could get a run at a long-term hit streak...

I think 56 is out of reach...but fuck...28 is a long streak...longest in awhile...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Longest in Red Sox history since Nomar.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

You know...it's early...but wouldn't it be funny if Damon could continue this thing...

how would Yankee fans feel if Damon made a run at their God Dimaggio...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ALinChainz
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Not a good enough hitter.

No way he even sniffs 40 games.

Comment

• Warham
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

I dunno. He's almost at 30. I would imagine 99% of big league players in history have never sniffed that number.

Pete Rose was a lifetime .303 hitter and had a 44 game streak once. It's possible.

Comment

• Fairwrning
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

56 is UNTOUCHABLE...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

I really don't think 56 is untouchable...although noone has been within 20 of it...and I think...what...only 2 guys have been within' 12?

Molitor and Rose both had 44 right?

I can't remember how many Molitor had in a row...but I think it's less than 44...but not much...

Damon is the kind of guy that could do it...

I think you underrate him as a hitter Al...in particular...this year...

Comment

• Warham
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

He's only hitting .345 this year, Pojo. Let's not give him too much credit now.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

I really doubt it, IMHO...

Once/if he hits 30, the media pressure gets pretty intense....

Rose's streak was insane in terms of media coverage....

BTW Poj, Molitor's streak was 39, in '87.....

Here's some tidbits to show how great a hitter Dimaggio was....

His 56 game streak in '41 wasn't even his personal longest, he hit in 61 straight in '33 in the Minors...

After his 56 game streak ended in '41, he hit in 16 more consecutive games.....

72 out of 73 games, not bad....
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

I think most of us doubt it...just worthy of mention...because in general...we don't even get streaks THIS long...

Nobody is comparing Damon to fucking Dimaggio here...

I was just speculating...lmfao...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

There aren't even that many that got to 30...

Comment

• Warham
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

Nope, except that rookie phenom Jerome Walton had a 30 game hitting streak for the Cubs in '89. He promptly faded away into oblivion after that year.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                          Be glad you didn't, if my old man ever got whiff of it, he'd hunt you down....

Probably wouldn't kill you once he found out you're an Westside Erieite....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Warham
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                            I think most of us doubt it...just worthy of mention...because in general...we don't even get streaks THIS long...

I was just speculating...lmfao...
                            Oh, I'm sure Dom Dimaggio wouldn't be too offended.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Warham
                              Oh, I'm sure Dom Dimaggio wouldn't be too offended.

Dom Dimaggio was no door knob either....

Nearly a lifetime .300 hitter....

Comment

Working...