Those Wacky, Peace-Loving Mooslims BUTCHER 190 IN MADRID; 1200 Injured.......

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Viking
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Those Wacky, Peace-Loving Mooslims BUTCHER 190 IN MADRID; 1200 Injured.......

MADRID, Spain (AP) - Ten terrorist bombs tore through trains and stations along a commuter line at the height of Madrid's morning rush hour Thursday, killing 190 people and wounding 1,240 others before this weekend's general elections.

The government initially blamed Basque separatists for the worst terrorist strike in Spanish history. But the interior minister said other lines of investigation were opened after police found a van with detonators and an audiotape of Quranic verses near where the bombed trains originated.

"This is mass murder," said a somber Prime Minister Jose Maria Aznar following an emergency cabinet meeting, vowing to hunt down the attackers.

The bombers used titadine, a kind of compressed dynamite also found in a bomb-laden van intercepted last month as it headed for Madrid, a source at Aznar's office said, speaking on condition of anonymity. Officials blamed the ETA separatist group at that time.

A U.S. intelligence official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said, "It's too early to tell. We're not ruling anything out."

Police found a van with detonators and an Arabic-language tape with Quranic verses in the town of Alcala de Henares, 15 miles east of Madrid, Interior Minister Angel Acebes said Thursday night, saying all lines of investigation were open.

Neighbors tipped police, who found seven detonators and the tape on the front seat of the van, Acebes told a news conference.

He said ETA remained the "main line of investigation" in the blasts.

• John Ashcroft
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

I just saw that myself. Interesting to say the least, as Spain was one of our more notable allies in the War on Terror. It'll be hard to say right now, as it very well could be the Basque sepratists (they've been organizing terrorist hits in Spain for years). I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

Either way, this fucking plague called terrorism has got to go. And trying to "understand" where this hatred comes from is exactly what's gonna get more innocent people killed. Fuck them.

Comment

• Dr. Love
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

I say we give Spain the help they gave us in handling their terrorist problem.
      I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• BigBadBrian
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
        I say we give Spain the help they gave us in handling their terrorist problem.
        Sarcasm or truthful? Can't really tell.......
        “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• BigBadBrian
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Saw a report on Yahoo News that al-Qaeda has claimed responsibility.
          “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• knuckleboner
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by John Ashcroft
            And trying to "understand" where this hatred comes from is exactly what's gonna get more innocent people killed. Fuck them.
            nah, trying to understand why is important. it doesn't mean that if we find out WHO before WHY that we should hold off.

going after someone who already committed an act is fine.

but understanding why may (in some cases) help us prevent future ones.

al qaeda didn't pick the U.S. at random. (or spain now, unfortunately.) learning why doesn't mean we have to kowtow to the terrorists and change anything. but at the very least, the better we understand the mind of the enemy, the better we should be at stopping it.

and you know DARPA is working hard on the why.

Comment

• Viking
              Veteran
              • Jan 2004

Al Queda's now claiming responsibility......

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Bush, come on and give support.
                Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

stupid question and i don't meant to make light of anything cuz I'm really upset now, but...

what's with them and the 11th?
                  Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Viking
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2004

Because, my dear, like an obvsessive/compulsive dog that keeps licking his balls, the heathen terrorists are creatures of habit.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                      Sarcasm or truthful? Can't really tell.......
                      Truthful. Sorry for not being a little more clear on that.
                      I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by knuckleboner
                        nah, trying to understand why is important. it doesn't mean that if we find out WHO before WHY that we should hold off.

going after someone who already committed an act is fine.

but understanding why may (in some cases) help us prevent future ones.

al qaeda didn't pick the U.S. at random. (or spain now, unfortunately.) learning why doesn't mean we have to kowtow to the terrorists and change anything. but at the very least, the better we understand the mind of the enemy, the better we should be at stopping it.

and you know DARPA is working hard on the why.
                        What if we already know? I do. The President does. In fact, most people who will be intellectually honest with themselves know exactly why terrorists hate Western people. I'm sure you do to, but are afraid to say it (Don't want to look like you're stereotyping... We're above that, right?) None of which changes the fact that they need to be stepped on like cockroaches. Every last one of them. But, the most necessary part is severing the head(s). Kill the leaders, and you will have one hell of alot less followers to contend with.

Again, Bush understands this. I think even some Dems in our Congress understand this, but don't want Bush to get credit for doing the right thing.

Comment

• knuckleboner
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

the WHY is because of america's influence in the middle east. and now, apparently, spain paid the price for standing with us in the war against iraq. (remember the press conference with bush, blair and the spanish president?) i'm not saying spain was wrong to do so.

but that's the why. and yes, i do believe president bush and the congress know the reason. and no, i don't think we should leave the middle east. nor do i think psychoanalizing the terrorists motives should take the place of physically fighting them. take 'em out.

however, i do see some potential danger in certain actions. hamas is fighting for a homeland. a noble goal, in and of itself. a goal for many of the palestinian peoples. but hamas, itself is a bunch of murderous thugs. how they go about trying to accomplish their goal is important and what makes them cockroaches.

but understanding hamas means that we know that their goal, and their focus is on israel right now. if America suddenly starts attacking hamas members (which i'm not against, by the way) then we need to at least recognize that we run the risk of becoming targets of hamas, as well.

al qaeda's already shown its reason for, and willingness to attack us. and our allies. at this point, i'm fine with putting them all down.

Comment

• steve
                            Sniper
                            • Feb 2004

As a bleeding heart liberal, I think that Univeral Health Insurance - with a mental health care system built in - could serve as a way to unearth the pains that drive these troubled young men to do commit such unreasonable acts.

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

*raises eyebrow*

How the hell would it do that?
                              Roth Army Militia

Comment

Working...