PDA

View Full Version : Stern Punks Listeners With Roth Stunt

guwapo_rocker
07-18-2005, 11:59 AM
July 18, 2005
By Paul Heine and Scott McKenzie, Billboard Radio Monitor

If there was any doubt of Howard Stern’s ability to create buzz and work a rumor, it was squashed Monday morning. Fans eager to hear a fresh episode of the Howard Stern Show following the cast’s two-week vacation got a rude awakening this morning.

No Stern.

Instead, someone purporting to be former Van Halen frontman David Lee Roth had taken over the syndicated radio show.

There was an ill-prepared Diamond Dave commenting on Hollywood news, playing guess-that-Diamond-Dave-tune, taking calls from irate listeners. One called him a “washed up rock star” who needed to go on Ritalin. Another begged for someone to say it was all a joke.

Between it all were clips of classic VH songs, Roth’s trademark scream and a Stern show effort to portray what radio could be like without him. At one point, the Roth impersonator expressed his joy with being back in the media spotlight, saying he was “bigger than the London bombings.”

After the show’s first commercial break, someone who identified himself as a Viacom exec explained that the company had chosen not to wait until Stern leaves the company for satellite radio in January 2006 to launch his replacement. The carefully orchestrated radio theater-of-the-mind reached a peak when the faux Roth--played to a T by Billy Mirra--put a caller on the air. It was Stern, saying he received a phone call on vacation, informing him that he didn’t need to show up for work any more. Thanking "Roth" for putting him on the air, Stern berated Infinity for not allowing him to do a farewell show.

Shortly after 7:00 A.M., Stern was back behind the mic, copping to the prank and explaining to listeners that he wanted them to know what the show might be like under Roth, who has been named as a possible replacement. Adding fuel to the rumor, Stern said Infinity has hired Roth and Loveline co-host Adam Carolla to replace him.

Link (http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/news/radio/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000980537)

Polk High
07-18-2005, 12:02 PM
stern is not that great, he does things to be outrageous. I honestly thing dave is smarter, has opinions and could be just as funny.

Polk High
07-18-2005, 12:02 PM
i think dave would be better

PFTSOF
07-18-2005, 12:09 PM
Yep, I woke up to it. I thought it was Dave until all the callers were calling in insulting him. I did think alot of it was funny, like when the Dave impersonator said Valerie should have been on Desperate Housewives. Sounds like Howard isn't too stoked about Dave taking over. I thought they were tight?

Dave's PA Rental
07-18-2005, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by PFTSOF
Yep, I woke up to it. I thought it was Dave until all the callers were calling in insulting him. I did think alot of it was funny, like when the Dave impersonator said Valerie should have been on Desperate Housewives. Sounds like Howard isn't too stoked about Dave taking over. I thought they were tight?

They are tight, but Roth and Stern will now be competing for ratings...so Stern will start to smear Roth probably...

PFTSOF
07-18-2005, 12:39 PM
Yes, he already started. The basics were that Dave talks too much, that there would be too much Van Halen music incorporated into the show and that Dave is too "OLD SKOOL". There was nothing complimentary about it. They were even dissing him about being replaced by Sammy and sitting back watching while everyone else is doing. It was a slap in the face if you ask me.

Bill Lumbergh
07-18-2005, 01:22 PM
Stern has been "dissing" Dave for the last couple years. He also spoke of talking with Ed on the phone A LOT during the debacle/tour last year...........

Mr. Vengeance
07-18-2005, 02:13 PM
Yes, he already started. The basics were that Dave talks too much, that there would be too much Van Halen music incorporated into the show and that Dave is too "OLD SKOOL". There was nothing complimentary about it. They were even dissing him about being replaced by Sammy and sitting back watching while everyone else is doing. It was a slap in the face if you ask me.

I don't think people really paid much attention to what Howard was saying. He never trashed Dave, as some would have us believe. Anyone who knows Howard's show, should have realized that that was Billy imitating Dave. We've had these "controversies" on Howard's show for years now. You had the fake Arnold Shwartzenegger controversy, the "Evil" Dave Letterman incident. The fake Ozzy (also done by Billy Mira), Craig Gass and his dead-on Sam Kinison....

I don't know why people took this as a slap at Dave. I thought it was more a slap at Infinity, who obviously let it leak while Howard was away on vacation that Dave was going to be coming to KRoc.

Bill Lumbergh
07-18-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance

as some would have us believe.

It's a conspiracy MAN!!!!!!!!!! THE MAN'S TRYING TO KEEP US DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PFTSOF
07-18-2005, 02:34 PM
I don't know why people took this as a slap at Dave. I thought it was more a slap at Infinity, who obviously let it leak while Howard was away on vacation that Dave was going to be coming to KRoc.

I don't know :confused: IMO they were giving us a sample of what they thought we could expect if Dave does the show. It wasn't very complimentary if you ask me. The callers were phoning in saying things like Dave is a washed up rock star who needs ritalin and that he was a no talent old man. If that's not a slap in the face then I don't know what is. Was it supposed to be a verbal characature? Ya know, over exaggerating the obvious? Does that make it funny?

rochesterdr
07-18-2005, 02:41 PM
As someone who knows once said...there's no such thing as bad publicity.

lafours
07-18-2005, 02:42 PM
sterns diehard fans are gonna be overly harsh to anyone who takes the spot. Dave will be ready to handle it ....

PFTSOF
07-18-2005, 02:48 PM
I wonder if the people calling in were real callers? They were all pissed off that Stern was off. I'm not sure if the callers were part of the gag or actual callers???

Kelly_Clark
07-18-2005, 03:19 PM
I wonder if the people calling in were real callers? They were all pissed off that Stern was off. I'm not sure if the callers were part of the gag or actual callers???

I don't know either... but I would have to go with that they were either

a) fake callers

or

b) very carefully screened

While there is no doubt many people will be unhappy with Stern's replacement, regardless of who it is, there will be those who are pleased with it. Also, there will be those who could care less who Stern is but will be overjoyed to have Dave on the air.

As for it being a slap in the face to Dave... I don't think so either. There are many of us Roth fan's who aren't real happy about him taking over for Stern either. I have even read on this site where Dave should consider the radio thing as a "retirement gig".

Might as well play up the negativity since its coming from both sides. Get the anger going early and maybe it will burn itself out. Besides. its a known fact Roth fans can't stand him being bashed... so how better to "rally the troops" than to start bashing the general?

Dave you either love him... or love to hate him.

And, as has already been stated, there is NO such thing as bad publicity. :D

VonHalen
07-18-2005, 04:15 PM
daves better off touring and making records that only the die hards will buy.

PFTSOF
07-18-2005, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by VonHalen

Don't know about that. Getting himself on a well known talk radio station could possibly increase the number of die hards no? Nothing wrong with aiming for the main stream again if you ask me.

bobgnote
07-18-2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
It's a conspiracy MAN!!!!!!!!!! THE MAN'S TRYING TO KEEP US DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rock ******s, yo! Po rock niggas gettin ANOTHER big whuppin, to they po, little, radio-HAIDS.

Rock is kinda distorted, THE WHOLE MARKET, not just the Dave zone. Most of 70s funk should be guitar, but it got copped to Detroit, etc.

Anybody who thinks Ed played good, even, much less GREAT is a dumbass, eyes-on-same-side-of-head, ROCK ******.

The Corolla show will be a Dumb and Dumber takeoff, and DAVE will have a chance to whup arch-Zionist Jimmy Kimmel at yak media, which Corolla needs to straighten his Jewish-sidekick who sucks planes into NYC buildings-TREND, that rock fans better absorb, from wherever.

Roy Munson
07-18-2005, 05:19 PM
Are there any clips of this stunt?

Bill Lumbergh
07-18-2005, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by VonHalen

Fuck you.

Diamondjimi
07-18-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by bobgnote
Rock ******s, yo! Po rock niggas gettin ANOTHER big whuppin, to they po, little, radio-HAIDS.

Rock is kinda distorted, THE WHOLE MARKET, not just the Dave zone. Most of 70s funk should be guitar, but it got copped to Detroit, etc.

Anybody who thinks Ed played good, even, much less GREAT is a dumbass, eyes-on-same-side-of-head, ROCK ******.

The Corolla show will be a Dumb and Dumber takeoff, and DAVE will have a chance to whup arch-Zionist Jimmy Kimmel at yak media, which Corolla needs to straighten his Jewish-sidekick who sucks planes into NYC buildings-TREND, that rock fans better absorb, from wherever.

What the fuck are you smokin dude?

Looks like your ebonics lessons are paying off for ya.

Keep up the great work "G" .........LMMFAO !!!!!!!!!!

John Holmes
07-18-2005, 06:24 PM
I don't know :confused: IMO they were giving us a sample of what they thought we could expect if Dave does the show. It wasn't very complimentary if you ask me. The callers were phoning in saying things like Dave is a washed up rock star who needs ritalin and that he was a no talent old man. If that's not a slap in the face then I don't know what is. Was it supposed to be a verbal characature? Ya know, over exaggerating the obvious? Does that make it funny?

Well, man, the people calling were orchestrated by Stern as well.

Stern is a piece of shit. He's the kind of guy who gives americans a bad name, you know? He's greed in person. All he cares is being first and making money. Greed for money and fame. As a person, he's got nothing to offer to humankind.

Now, if David Lee Roth takes over his show and is succesful, an he will be succesful, you can bet your ass, because Dave is 100.000 times better than this arrogant clown, poor Stern will face a lot of troubles. Maybe some sponsors will dump him, as well as listeners.

Poor Stern is shaking in his little booties, that's it, guys. The shameless prank he did this morning proves that he's shitting in his pants. When you know you're the best, you don't feel the urge to prove anything, unlike Stern.

John Holmes
07-18-2005, 06:31 PM

Because IT IS a slap at Dave. Stern said CLEARLY he just wanted to prove listeners that, when Dave will run the show:

1 ) People would call and insult the host ( Dave ), because he's apparently old and tired.

2 ) The show would only play Van Halen tunes to death.

3 ) The show would be run by a man who insults women ( the Valerie remark )

4 ) The host is an egomaniacal sporting arrogant jokes with no class, like the London bombing one.

The overall image decpicted is horrible. I don't know why some of you aren't that smart to figure out the sense of it all. It's plain and simple slapping in the face Dave, because he dared to come close Stern's throne.

But the only throne that would suit best for a guy like Stern is the toilet bowl, and he's the one who sits inside of it.

PFTSOF
07-18-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by John Holmes
Well, man, the people calling were orchestrated by Stern as well.

Stern is a piece of shit. He's the kind of guy who gives americans a bad name, you know? He's greed in person. All he cares is being first and making money. Greed for money and fame. As a person, he's got nothing to offer to humankind.

Now, if David Lee Roth takes over his show and is succesful, an he will be succesful, you can bet your ass, because Dave is 100.000 times better than this arrogant clown, poor Stern will face a lot of troubles. Maybe some sponsors will dump him, as well as listeners.

Poor Stern is shaking in his little booties, that's it, guys. The shameless prank he did this morning proves that he's shitting in his pants. When you know you're the best, you don't feel the urge to prove anything, unlike Stern.

Good point.
They even threw rocks at his EMT gig. I thought that was hitting below the belt.

John Holmes
07-18-2005, 08:04 PM
Good point.
They even threw rocks at his EMT gig. I thought that was hitting below the belt.

It shows just how desperate Stern is. He probably had hoped for some true old fart, so that he could simply take over and bring his listeners to another radio station, whatever is the shithole he'll move in next, I don't know.

But now that his opponent will be Diamond Dave, heh, that means trouble. What about if Dave makes more audience than him? What about if the new show, contrary to his, is appreciated by critics?

Dave is too smart to spit an f-word here and there just to impress and win over a couple of youngsters. A show run by Dave can as well reach more than just one generation.

Stern can go fuck himself and bring that ole' ****** mama along with him in the next ghetto station he'll hit. I can already figure her bobbing her head when someone tells her Diamond Dave outscored her pimp Stern in audience: "dis beez bullsheet" and "dis lies, no way a mofocka can do that". Enough of this crap.

Diamond Dave is coming Stern! Run for cover!

bigtrouble77
07-18-2005, 09:39 PM
Joe, I think you're right, but not for the reasons you listed. I listened to this thing live and it friggin made me sick. That guy does a dead on impression, it was very convincing. There were things that should have clued me in that this was fake (like absolutely no other supporters except for a cohost stripper that sounded like a russian man) but I bought into it bigtime.

Here's some of my impressions:
1. Dave is completely consumed in his pathetic career
2. He's simply a bumbling fool.
3. He's completely insensative (comments about him being bigger than the london bombings- blows off Howard when he called in.)
4. Silly VH grudges are still a part of his everyday life.
And there was other crap too that I don't remember....

As a DLR fan it upset me, but it was friggin brillient. I disagree with the notion that no publicity is bad publicity. He's setting Dave up to crash and burn bigtime. Considering that Dave and Adam are friends of his show that's pretty classless. I hope Howard backs off now that he's had his fun. He has nothing to prove with that uber multimillion sirius deal. I really hope he's not one of those guys that's only happy when everyone else fails.

-BT

Because IT IS a slap at Dave. Stern said CLEARLY he just wanted to prove listeners that, when Dave will run the show:

1 ) People would call and insult the host ( Dave ), because he's apparently old and tired.

2 ) The show would only play Van Halen tunes to death.

3 ) The show would be run by a man who insults women ( the Valerie remark )

4 ) The host is an egomaniacal sporting arrogant jokes with no class, like the London bombing one.

The overall image decpicted is horrible. I don't know why some of you aren't that smart to figure out the sense of it all. It's plain and simple slapping in the face Dave, because he dared to come close Stern's throne.

But the only throne that would suit best for a guy like Stern is the toilet bowl, and he's the one who sits inside of it.

Hecubus
07-19-2005, 12:16 AM
Yep, there were the subtle disses @ Dave. Cheesy to say the least, and I'm thinking Stern had the dude do an "over the top Dave" impersonation to rile the listeners...

Stern can be a little two-faced, but entertaining nonetheless...

Regardless, on the west coast it'll blow to have to listen to Adam Corrolla...

Redballjets88
07-19-2005, 12:39 AM
i love adam corrola he is no dave but loveline is hilarious

Diamondjimi
07-19-2005, 01:33 AM
Gotta agree with Redballs. Corolla and the Loveline show are fuckin hilarious .

spmusicplyr
07-19-2005, 03:05 AM
please this is great for dave...this the most publicity he's had since 2002 and 1996...go for it!

there was one part where billy recorded his voice pretending to be DLR on the phone, and he argued with himself about being an imposter..

i thought that was funny as hell

sirgarycoleman
07-19-2005, 04:11 AM
It shows just how desperate Stern is. He probably had hoped for some true old fart, so that he could simply take over and bring his listeners to another radio station, whatever is the shithole he'll move in next, I don't know.

But now that his opponent will be Diamond Dave, heh, that means trouble. What about if Dave makes more audience than him? What about if the new show, contrary to his, is appreciated by critics?

Dave is too smart to spit an f-word here and there just to impress and win over a couple of youngsters. A show run by Dave can as well reach more than just one generation.

Stern can go fuck himself and bring that ole' ****** mama along with him in the next ghetto station he'll hit. I can already figure her bobbing her head when someone tells her Diamond Dave outscored her pimp Stern in audience: "dis beez bullsheet" and "dis lies, no way a mofocka can do that". Enough of this crap.

Diamond Dave is coming Stern! Run for cover!

Do you even know what you're talking about?

Before you get all bent out of shape, you should realize that it was all a JOKE and for fun. Get a sense of humor. Also, he was mocking the news reports that he's going to be "let go" early at the end of the summer and Roth will replace him in NY. So, it's not so much making fun of Dave as it is making fun of the rumor.

Also, Roth will only replace him in New York. Howard is syndicated throughout the COUNTRY. So why the fuck would he "be scared" like you say? I'm sure he could give two shits... he can't equal his ratings if he's only on in one market. Howard knows someone is going to be replacing him because he's leaving at the end of the year. So, his problem isn't with who will replace him.

And you say you don't even know where Howard is going? I guess you really don't know what you're talking about. He signed a $500mill contract for Sirius Satellite and will be gone by the end of the year (or earlier if the news rumors are right).

Lastly, what you say about "being too smart to spit the f-word" ... Howard doesn't curse on the air. Ever. Again, you clearly have no idea what you are saying.

Panamark
07-19-2005, 04:29 AM
Its great that this idiot realizes that Dave could be a serious threat.
If he wasnt, why bother with this shit ??

John Holmes
07-19-2005, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by sirgarycoleman
Do you even know what you're talking about?

Before you get all bent out of shape, you should realize that it was all a JOKE and for fun. Get a sense of humor. Also, he was mocking the news reports that he's going to be "let go" early at the end of the summer and Roth will replace him in NY. So, it's not so much making fun of Dave as it is making fun of the rumor.

It's clear he was dissing Dave. The problem is you aren't smart enough to understand it. After all, you're a Stern fan.

Also, Roth will only replace him in New York. Howard is syndicated throughout the COUNTRY. So why the fuck would he "be scared" like you say? I'm sure he could give two shits... he can't equal his ratings if he's only on in one market. Howard knows someone is going to be replacing him because he's leaving at the end of the year. So, his problem isn't with who will replace him.

yeah yeah... He can't equal his ratings, you say? Sirius is a satellite radio network, you have to pay to receive it. How many people have a satellite radio receiver in their cars? The technology itself, and the fact it isn't free, will cut half of his ratings.

And you say you don't even know where Howard is going? I guess you really don't know what you're talking about. He signed a $500mill contract for Sirius Satellite and will be gone by the end of the year (or earlier if the news rumors are right).

Good for him. Seems that when third world is starving someone is ready to give 500$mill to a piece of shit like Stern .

Do you have the required gear to listen to Stern in your car? No? Well, odds are Stern will probably disappear from air for a lot of other people as well.

Lastly, what you say about "being too smart to spit the f-word" ... Howard doesn't curse on the air. Ever. Again, you clearly have no idea what you are saying.

I have a lot of recordings with Stern saying "fuck" "fucking" "motherfucker" with a beep on it. The fact he censors it with a beep doesn't change anything; unless you're a retarded, you understand perfectly.

PFTSOF
07-19-2005, 12:20 PM
Stern was playing it in bits and peices again this am.

sirgarycoleman
07-19-2005, 10:28 PM
I have a lot of recordings with Stern saying "fuck" "fucking" "motherfucker" with a beep on it. The fact he censors it with a beep doesn't change anything; unless you're a retarded, you understand perfectly.

Maybe from things outside of his radio show, like movies or something. But he doesn't say the F word on the radio. It's live - his "bleep" button hits a delay of like 8 seconds so it chops out more than just 1 word.

They bleeped stuff on his E! Show if he says "dyke" or "fag" because the E! Channel apparently finds that word overtly offensive even though it's not an FCC violation. His manager bleeps re-runs sometimes for saying just about anything because his GM is overly paranoid. But it's never the F-word, the S-Word, or any of the "7 dirty words" that's being bleeped. You prove to me that you don't know what you're talking about when you say otherwise.

I'm a fan, you obviously don't listen, so trust me on that one.

I can grant you the point that maybe Roth will take this thing as a "diss" against him, but absolutely no way is Howard doing it because he's "scared." That's not why he did it. I already told you why he did it, feel free to re-read it.

Howard has said on the air that he doesn't care who replaces him. That he'd gladly welcome them on and wish them good luck.

And to claim that I'm stupid because I listen to the Howard Stern show is just a foolish claim. So many people claim that Van Halen fans are jersey trash with terrible taste in music that are living in the past, but that doesn't make it so. In fact, those people probably don't even know 1 van halen song. My point is, don't be so quick to judge people based on what they like... ESPECIALLY if you don't know what the fuck it is you're talking about (as you've displayed over and over again).

sirgarycoleman
07-19-2005, 10:31 PM
Stern was playing it in bits and peices again this am.

That was actually not from yesterday... that was from a long ass time ago (before the rumor about roth taking over in NY even started). Funny stuff, though.

thome
07-19-2005, 10:52 PM
whos the Dik comparing Dave to that air wanker stern look at yourself

doofus set your scale of worship a little higher you are worth it.

I read a lot of cr@p here you need help i like stearns show because

of o little sik imiturity i have left over comparing stern to a turd in

reality is disrespecting a turd.Reality its a terrible thing to waste!

EDDIEVRULZ
07-20-2005, 01:19 AM
"Good for him. Seems that when third world is starving someone is ready to give 500$mill to a piece of shit like Stern ."

dave has money too. both sides of that arguement are irrelevant, bottom line, they both do charity work. as do thousands of other multi-millionaires. dont knock someone for starting with absolutely nothing and making a financially secure living for themselves.

"Do you have the required gear to listen to Stern in your car? No? Well, odds are Stern will probably disappear from air for a lot of other people as well."

very possible. we have yet to see someone of his status switch to satellite.

"I have a lot of recordings with Stern saying "fuck" "fucking" "motherfucker" with a beep on it. The fact he censors it with a beep doesn't change anything; unless you're a retarded, you understand perfectly."

so have you, without a bleep. in fact, you just said this "Stern can go fuck himself and bring that ole' ****** mama along with him"

you dont have to like him. you dont have to agree with him. the fact is, this guy changed talk radio. he revolutionized, if not started, syndication for people like rush limbaugh, alan colmes, sean hannity, bill o'reilly, bubba the love sponge, mark and brian, mancow etc etc. bottom line, he is an icon. much like dave. lets all just wait and see what happens. i'd listen to dave if i was in NY.

Wolverine
07-21-2005, 01:23 AM
anyone have an audio download???

David Lee Ross
07-21-2005, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by bobgnote

My hoody by woody shiloh milo! Only in America and the DavidLeeRothArmy that such a grave injustice be constituated to a board which I, your street preacher, David Lee Ross was a modern place, no longer stuck in 1950's backwoods Alabama. I AM APPALLED my good friend. HOW DARE YOU spell out the N word. Regardless of what is the color of your skin pigmentation, YOU SHALL NEVER SAY THE N WORD in any form. Vocally, sign language and written.

This sets back the DLRArmy hip movement by 50 years. What's next. You gonna have separate forums for black and white folk to post. You may use words like gook in regard to Tom Vu. Or beaner for those of Latinese backgrounds. BUT UNDER NO CONDITION SHOULD ANYONE USE THE N WORD!

This reminds your street preacher of a time, My uncle Gaston Hensley, went to go apply for work in the big city. At the time the country was prosperous. My uncle Gaston rolled out one day, hitching a ride with our neighbor, Randolf Cooper and me and my siblings waved him good0bye. That was a long day since we loved our uncle. But we kids knew that uncle had to apply for employment, we decide to be productive citizens of this great country as well. We got hard to work and built a lemonade stand for 5 cents a dixie cup. Since our budget could not include sugar, we had some of the most sour lemonade since Sammy joined the mighty Van Halen.

At 5 cents a pop with a sour taste business was brisk but their was lot's of unsatisfied customers. And boy were the mad. Madder than a mosquuito and a dead winter's night with the moonlight shining. Or is that the moonshine lighting? Whatever's the case you know what I mean? Ho was we to know the citric acid in the lemonade is included at the coco-cola factory when bottled. You ever been to the plant. We did. We lived right boy one. I use to sneak in and collect the coca-cola off the floor and put it in my bottle before the cleaning crew came in. Sure was good. You know, don't you? Of course my good people, where does the water flow to when flushed down the toile into the oceans of this great great world. Is it eastbound or westbound and how long does it take to reach the homes in Pasadena?

You have to remember, when the mollases are out in the backyard, you must use a repellent and not old spice. I remember Poppy always had a bottle in the medicine cabinet and I used it on my first date with Joleen Johnson. Boy was she pretty, too bad I didn't marry her but that's ok. My wife today is not too bad herself if you get my drift.

Then at evening, uncle came home and was tired. We didn't ask him about his day since we wanted him to rest. But when I grew up and didn't do to badly and made a good amount of change. And I was able to buy a new car and a new house with a pool. On top of all of that, I got a beautiful wife. My children played with kids of all colors and nationalities.

I, the street precher David Lee Ross was going to make a donation to the DLRArmy with a large sum. But, since I saw that an Army member sued the N word, I am not going to make that donation and will hold onto to for myself with generated interest since property values are so high in summy southern California where I make my home. You my son should be more ashamed then a frog in the jumping moon. So, I the street preacher is levaing for another day. I'll be back with a brand insightful post for all. So long!

Your street Preacher,

David Lee Ross

http://board.freeones.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24827&stc=1
Above is the DLRArmy intended donation now delayed and nestled in my account on the misdemeanor of racism.

Lil Rchard Mrly
07-21-2005, 06:14 AM
Arrrrrrghhh!!!!!

I'm about fumin right now! I am gonna whoop your ass and wash yo mouth out with soap!!!!

Only garbage like you would use such a offensive word.

If I ever see you, I'm gonna give you a shallacking for the whacking.

I'm pissed off like no other brother.

I'm tough and hornery. Take a look at my picture, son. You don't want no piece of me!

:mad: :wow2: This is gonna happen to you!

bru87tr
07-25-2005, 08:15 AM
people slamming dave was setup.

you remember 96' VMA's ?????????

if anyone belives people would slam dave thats just dumb thinking. the public loves dave and a standing O at the VMA's was perfect proof!

cnat
07-27-2005, 02:40 PM
Stern is a F@#KING ASS....the best thing that would happen to radio is if ROTH took over his show. HOO-HOO has not had a funny/original idea since Allison took off..............Just stop Howard....STOP...FOR GODS SAKE!!

XM FOREVER.202...OPIE AND ANTHONY!!! WOW!!

cnat
07-27-2005, 02:41 PM
Stern is a F@#KING <a href='http://consumeralertsystem.com/cas/zx-hclick.php?hid=141' target='_blank'>ass</a>....the best thing that would happen to radio is if ROTH took over his show. HOO-HOO has not had a funny/original idea since Allison took off..............Just stop Howard....STOP...FOR GODS SAKE!!

XM FOREVER.202...OPIE AND ANTHONY!!! WOW!!

Unchainme
07-27-2005, 03:54 PM
Dave is way fucking better than fucking Stern will ever hope to be in his fucking life. Bob And Tom Show are way funnier than he is, and they even invited Dave on The Show. I highly doubt Dave would play a lot =VH=. He'll prboably play songs he likes and Dave has an extremely wierd tastes in music. Howard Stern is probably Jealous of Dave because he is Dave, Dave is The ultimate Rockstar, while stern is some pervert with a Microphone.

Brett
07-27-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
Dave is way fucking better than fucking Stern will ever hope to be in his fucking life. Bob And Tom Show are way funnier than he is, and they even invited Dave on The Show. I highly doubt Dave would play a lot =VH=. He'll prboably play songs he likes and Dave has an extremely wierd tastes in music. Howard Stern is probably Jealous of Dave because he is Dave, Dave is The ultimate Rockstar, while stern is some pervert with a Microphone.

Dude seriously, get off the fucking crack.

I'm sure Stern who makes $25 million a year and soon to be getting a half billion is really jealous of Dave. :rolleyes:

What the fuck is a Bob and Tom?

Unchainme
07-27-2005, 04:09 PM
Can you imagine waking up To This

[Panama Plays]

LIVE BEFORE YOUR NAKED STREAMING EARS ITS THE DAVID LEE ROTH RADIO PROGRAM.

Dave would probably go on and say something like I fucked so-and so last night.

God the possibilties are endless you know hoe popular Dave will become we will get to see him do all kinds of stuff Late Night Talks Shows just anything, He will be awesome.

Unchainme
07-27-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Brett
Dude seriously, get off the fucking crack.

I'm sure Stern who makes $25 million a year and soon to be getting a half billion is really jealous of Dave. :rolleyes:

What the fuck is a Bob and Tom?

Bob And Tom is radio show that broadcasts out of Indianapolis, It often has very funny comedians and is very popular in the Midwest. They had Dave on the show in 2002 during the Sam And Dave and he was hilliarious as usual He played acoustic versions of Yankee Rose and And The Cradle Will Rock.

Oh BTW Brett, VHLINKS Sucks, :D Ciao.

Brett
07-27-2005, 11:50 PM
Never heard of 'em.

Yes I know you're obsessed with VHLinks. Have you figured out who that fucking webmaster is yet?

Unchainme
07-28-2005, 12:22 AM
Never heard of 'em.

Yes I know you're obsessed with VHLinks. Have you figured out who that fucking webmaster is yet?

Yes, You Jackass. I was messing with you i know that it was you all along, BTW why the hell do you post here when you got your own site?

Brett
07-28-2005, 12:51 AM
LOL yeah sure you were. :rolleyes: Good try kid. :)

I'm an equal opportunity poster. Does my presence here scare you that much?

Unchainme
07-28-2005, 01:03 AM
LOL yeah sure you were. :rolleyes: Good try kid. :)

I'm an equal opportunity poster. Does my presence here scare you that much?

Nope, Bring it on Bitch, BTW what the hell is your problem, Every time I post something and you see it you go all negative on me, Saying that i smoke crack etc. What just because I've only been to this since April that makes me a lesser member of the board, Just because you've only been on this site 15 monthes more than me that makes you better?

redfire
07-28-2005, 01:08 AM
Ah, people getting bent out of shape for no reason at all. It's nice to see some things don't change...

Brett
07-28-2005, 01:08 AM
Wow that's quite a chip on the shoulder man.

A. Actually I've been on this board since 2000 when it really started if you want to get the facts right. And who cares anyway.

B. When you say stupid stuff, I'm going to call you on it. Saying Howard Stern is jealous of Dave is beyond ridiculous.

C. I know you love Dave, and that's fine and dandy. But a little perspective wouldn't hurt.

D. Stop taking this shit so seriously.

And yes I am probably better than you, but don't sweat it too much.

Brett
07-28-2005, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by redfire
Ah, people getting bent out of shape for no reason at all. It's nice to see some things don't change...

Wow look who stopped by! Didn't know you were still alive. :)

Unchainme
07-28-2005, 01:15 AM
Wow that's quite a chip on the shoulder man.

A. Actually I've been on this board since 2000 when it really started if you want to get the facts right. And who cares anyway.

B. When you say stupid stuff, I'm going to call you on it. Saying Howard Stern is jealous of Dave is beyond ridiculous.

C. I know you love Dave, and that's fine and dandy. But a little perspective wouldn't hurt.

D. Stop taking this shit so seriously.

And yes I am probably better than you, but don't sweat it too much.

Ok I'll agree I won't talk about your precious VHlinks if you just shut the fuck up and quit calling me an idiot. Its your lucky day because I don't have time for some shitty feud with you.And If i'm wrong about it, fine I'll accept those facts, I don't need someone like you corecctinb ME. Got it?

Brett
07-28-2005, 01:20 AM
I don't care if you talk about it. You're a funny guy man.

BTW I never said you were an idiot, I just simply advised you against the extended use of crack. I care man.

Nope you shall be corrected if I find the need arises.

Now stop carrying on.

The skins are getting thinner around here by the day, it's not fun anymore. Bastards. :(

Unchainme
07-28-2005, 01:22 AM
I don't care if you talk about it. You're a funny guy man.

BTW I never said you were an idiot, I just simply advised you against the extended use of crack. I care man.

Nope you shall be corrected if I find the need arises.

Now stop carrying on.

The skins are getting thinner around her by the day, it's not fun anymore. Bastards. :(

You Think I'm Funny? Like In A good way?

Brett
07-28-2005, 01:23 AM
Dude you're cool man, just don't take this shit too hard.

redfire
07-28-2005, 01:24 AM
Wow look who stopped by! Didn't know you were still alive. :)

Yep, still alive. lol. Just too busy to really do anything online anymore. That and I think I've said prolly everything I've ever needed to say about VH and DLR. And since nothing new is happening, I have to stay in reality. lol, how are things going with you Brett?

Brett
07-28-2005, 01:25 AM
Reality what's that?

Same shit, different day man. Except I have a kid now.

Unchainme
Dude you're cool man, just don't take this shit too hard.

Mmmmkay, Maybe I missjudged you Brett.

Brett
Originally posted by Unchainme
Mmmmkay, Maybe I missjudged you Brett.

Nah you probably didn't.

Have a good one. :)

Unchainme
07-28-2005, 01:31 AM
Nah you probably didn't.

Have a good one. :)

Okay :)

redfire
07-28-2005, 01:35 AM
Reality what's that?

Same shit, different day man. Except I have a kid now.

Wow, that's nuts. Lol, I could have swore I remember reading in the mod room when you got engaged or something.

Reality? I think that's when people realize the internet is a protective bubble from society and physical interaction. lol, but as for me, I have a degree in Government, and Biblical Literature, and I'm getting a minor in History right now. Head off for Grad school in about year or so. I've worked on 3 Congressional campaigns that won. Twice for a dude in the House of Rep in Colorado, and one for a Senator here in OK. And I worked to get a guy elected Governor of Mississippi. And I lecture once a week as a TA for Gov 101 at school. And I have 3 other jobs. That's freaking crazy... and reality.

cdwillis
07-28-2005, 04:17 AM
I never liked Howard Stern's show really, its had its moments, but it isn't that good. I'll be glad to hear DLR on the air. I'll have to find a way to listen to it around here.

Cathedral
07-28-2005, 04:19 AM
Stern sucks donkey dick, period.
Every Stern fan i have met in real life is an immature prick to say the least, just like Stern himself.

I got news for Howard, there is no shock effect on sat radio, none.
What made him popular was his tendancy to go against the rules, the "Shock Jock Factor".

Folks, that element will be missing from his new gig because he can say anything he wants to say without getting in trouble.

And excuse me very much, but trouble is how he got where he is today.

He'll be bland and boring, all the things i've known him to be since day 1.
A bitchin' '69 Charger with NO MOTOR!

This is the beginning of the end for Howard Stern, mark my words.

So he can say and do whatever he wants to side track Dave, it won't work and Howard most certainly knows better.

I wonder if Dave will get air time on E as well?
Dave TV finally coming to pass would be fucking awesome and too long in coming.

bobgnote
07-28-2005, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
I got news for Howard, there is no shock effect on sat radio, none.
What made him popular was his tendancy to go against the rules, the "Shock Jock Factor".

Folks, that element will be missing from his new gig because he can say anything he wants to say without getting in trouble.

And excuse me very much, but trouble is how he got where he is today.

He'll be bland and boring, all the things i've known him to be since day 1.
A bitchin' '69 Charger with NO MOTOR!

This is the beginning of the end for Howard Stern, mark my words.

So he can say and do whatever he wants to side track Dave, it won't work and Howard most certainly knows better.

I wonder if Dave will get air time on E as well?
Dave TV finally coming to pass would be fucking awesome and too long in coming.

Howard has to convert to satellite media, however much he can do that. His approach to the tainted rock scene is balanced UNTIL it comes time to really make a play, to undo the frauds Howard knows are still playing. Hey, he played PJ on E!, then after they did their electric hits, they came back a year later, WITH NO ELECTRIC HITS, just like all the other fakers who FAIL, after they can't use copshop rips of college kid guitar, as NOTE-FOR-NOTE DUPE.

Service personnel alone bought stereos and post-Hendrix distortion-market tunes for YEARS, including when the Viet Nam conflict was on.
When the bases started closing, rock was on its way out, since the clubs were undermined at the same time, by the concert frauds you guys love to hate, BUT YOU'VE BEEN PAYING THEM, even after I stopped playing for them to rip off!

The fakers cannot cover the ripped styles. It is a good idea for the service members into pop culture to watch the Planet Hollywood weather here. Movies and songs will give you hints, like the 1944 release which depicted GHW being pulled out by a sub, exactly 44 years before he was inaugurated.

Designing Women is REALLY hard prediction, about Clinton-era girl clowns and a bro, who will not get to Augusta for the Masters, before GW gets us whacked by terrorists. Anthony is like UO Coach Kent, the gals in original cast are like Bush family, same later.

Howard has his deja vu, but it is all restrained under wackpack programs, since Stern and producers have a great, light, common-man comic sense, and hidden agendas with all sorts of compromises going on, undetectable to Cats who don't watch closely enough.

Howard is going to get strippers naked on any sat TV show, I bet, no mosaic, and I for one want that. MAYBE the funding will be around to cover his move. If his wheels spin on sat, he might retire, since the fund implosion in California and else re energy contracts might whack the music biz hard enough, as it stupidly tries to cover its ripoffs in court, ONLY, not by making more music, honestly for once.

You may have noticed that service-connected opinions are important to me, more important than they are to corporations who have us all going their bad way for years, so now, they are going with the collapse the bases trend. YOU GUYS IN THERE RIGHT NOW AREN'T HOT, inc.

If Howard the vet fails to cover at Sirius, OUR media is weaker, bet on it. Still, hoping for Howard or any other radio person seems stupid. Radio is retarded by years of distortion, the fines on Stern were probably just publicity, a writeoff planned where music fences are working too hard, so the feds had intrigue with Stern, by FINES.

He goes from his fading writeoff market to one in need of FUNDS, so people into Stern can participate. Who can pay for it? I've seen wack.