PDA

View Full Version : SAMMY HAGAR: EDDIE VAN HALEN 'Wants To Be A Miserable Human Being'

DLR'sCock
07-18-2005, 10:59 PM
SAMMY HAGAR: EDDIE VAN HALEN 'Wants To Be A Miserable Human Being' - July 18, 2005

Sammy Hagar spoke to Doug Podell of Detroit's WRIF 101.1 FM earlier this month about the current status of VAN HALEN and his upcoming solo album, tentatively due in early 2006. When asked to comment on the rumors that VAN HALEN may once again have been shelved following reports of internal disagreements, Hagar said, "It's really a shame… I don't know what happened. But, you know, Eddie [Van Halen] and I… everybody knows… I thought it was gonna be OK, and it wasn't OK. We did some great shows — don't get me wrong; we did some amazing shows in the Detroit area and some [other] places — but there were times off stage when him and I were… they were holding us back. We don't get along anymore. This guy… I'm sure he'd tell you a whole different story, but from my perspective, he doesn't know how to have fun, he doesn't wanna have fun, he wants to be a miserable human being and make everyone around him miserable. He just goes around firing people, and he tried to fire some of my people, [and I went], 'Get the hell outta here, man. This guy works for me, not you.' He's not any fun to be around. David Lee Roth was more fun to be around. [laughs] Unless he changes to where Mike [Anthony] and I can even handle being around… His brother can't even stand to be around him, but his brother is his brother, so he goes over and tries to deal with him all the time. If the guy wants to come around and say, 'Hey, look, let's go back to being friends and being happy musicians and playing music for the people,' and get rid of these $150, $200 dollar ticket prices and all this crap, then we could probably do it again. But I would never do it again for those prices — never ever ever. And I can say never ever ever. People say, 'Don't ever say never.' Well, I'm saying it. [laughs] but that's part of the deal. And the other thing, I wouldn’t do it unless we could become friends, and he's gotta change, 'cause I'm happy — I'm having a blast."

Nickdfresh
07-18-2005, 11:06 PM
Link?

here: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=39445

rustoffa
07-18-2005, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
SAMMY HAGAR: EDDIE VAN HALEN 'Wants To Be A Miserable Human Being' - July 18, 2005

Sammy Hagar spoke to Doug Podell of Detroit's WRIF 101.1 FM earlier this month about the current status of VAN HALEN and his upcoming solo album, tentatively due in early 2006. When asked to comment on the rumors that VAN HALEN may once again have been shelved following reports of internal disagreements, Hagar said,

Addendum:

It's just fucking done man. You know how when you're juicing oranges and prunes...like making a smoothie....sometimes a nasty peeling falls in? That's what happened with it.

(laughing)

Sorry man, I shoulda' used the lemonade outta' lemons thing. That's what was really going on. What kind of fucking asshole pisses in lemonade? EDDIE!

He's just a miserable human being. Fuck the fruit, lets talk about getting up for breakfast! Poor fucking mike could barely get an omelette on a plate without Ed pissing in the skillet, or rubbing his dick in the butter! If I never hear "you want some hot sauce bitches?" again, it'll be too soon.

(grimmacing)

You know what? Fuck it. It's over and done...unlike the motherfucking omelettes the sonofabitch ruined. I'm having a blast now, and Dave Chappelle cooks one hell of an omelette....not to mention being a fine geetarist.

Come see us on tour. Look for the happy motherfuckers with piss-free smoothies. Throw all the innuendos' around you want regarding my weight! I'm fucking losing weight now because I ain't dining on piss-laden shit!

(laughing)

Man, I can't believe I suggested I ate shit. Fuck it, you know what I mean...right???

Panamark
07-19-2005, 01:57 AM
That is fucking awesome...

What did I tell you all, huh huh ???
Once Spammy gets in bitch mode it just gets better and better.
Im loving this :D

DLR was better to hang around with than EDDIE !!!

BWHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Hey Spamsters,

Suck your fat anuses you dumb sheepfucks !!!

Here is your man, here is Sammy. This is ace.
Isn't Sammy a great Bitch !!

I was waiting for this moment, knew it was coming.
I wonder if he can do better, it seems he is bitching
more with each interview.

How good is this ?? :D :D :D

Panamark
07-19-2005, 01:58 AM
Thats what *LOVE* is made of !!!!

Man, I gotta go to the links.. Sorry, I have to...
This is just too good...

RogueHorseman
07-19-2005, 02:04 AM

...He just goes around firing people, and he tried to fire some of my people, [and I went], 'Get the hell outta here, man. This guy works for me, not you.' ...

Ahhhhh, vindication.

I remember reporting this very fact right here as I'd heard it during the tour from a good source and the hard core Hagar fans telling me i was full of it.

Hate to say, told you so, BUT I told you so.

Panamark
07-19-2005, 02:05 AM
You can even listen to this !!

Van Hagar is officially dead..

Crikies, this puts a huge smile on my dial !! :D

Dudes, this is fucking ACE ACE !!!

MAX
07-19-2005, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Hey Spamsters,

Suck your fat anuses you dumb sheepfucks !!!

Here is your man, here is Sammy. This is ace.
Isn't Sammy a great Bitch !!

ROTMFFLMMFAO!!! :killer:

Aiiight, that post just fucking did it, although you had me from the words "Hello mate."

Mark,

Will you marry me? ;)

Panamark
07-19-2005, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by MAX
ROTMFFLMMFAO!!! :killer:

Aiiight, that post just fucking did it, although you had me from the words "Hello mate."

Mark,

Will you marry me? ;)

HAHHAHA

I think SweetSecrets beat you to it ! ;)

Panamark
07-19-2005, 02:11 AM
MAXIMUS, Is this not the greatest shit ever ?? :D

Panamark
07-19-2005, 02:22 AM
Bandwidth revision time for Brenty Brents again ?? :p

MAX
07-19-2005, 02:23 AM
MAXIMUS, Is this not the greatest shit ever ?? :D

The greatest shit evaa will be when the brothers have to kiss Dave's collective ass and do what HE says when and if they reunite again.

Regardless, I'll have to ask SweetSecrets but I'll gladly have some sloppy seconds. lol.

Panamark
07-19-2005, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by MAX
The greatest shit evaa will be when the brothers have to kiss Dave's collective ass and do what HE says when and if they reunite again.

Well Samantha's comments certainly make your suggested scenario
more of a reality now ;)

Rikk
07-19-2005, 02:49 AM
LMFAO. Frankly, I think I dislike Eddie even more than chicken head. Eddie is responsible for this mess. And he invited the moron back. His bitterness and massive ego ruined the band back in '96, '00, etc.

MAX
07-19-2005, 02:56 AM
This guy… I'm sure he'd tell you a whole different story, but from my perspective, he doesn't know how to have fun, he doesn't wanna have fun, he wants to be a miserable human being and make everyone around him miserable.

Well, yes Sam not only being around you, listening to your Michael Boltonesque, painful shit screeching vocals and horrid lyrical interpretations of songs does tend to do that to some people. Let alone a fuckin' drunk.

David Lee Roth was more fun to be around.

No shit? Of course he is you fucking dumbass!!! :rolleyes: And this statement tis' coming from a guy who Dave repeatedly went out of his way to fucking ignore during their entire tour. "There's poor old Sam bangin' on the windshield with a bottle of tequila in one hand and his dick in the other..." Ring a bell, clueless?

get rid of these $150, $200 dollar ticket prices and all this crap, then we could probably do it again. But I would never do it again for those prices — never ever ever. And I can say never ever ever.

*TRANSLATION* No one (excluding the both mentally and musically retaaaaded) paid such money for said ticket prices. Hence, a flop of a tour that NOBODY wanted to see in the first place and the lackluster ticket sales proved it.

Again, who is this Spam Hagar character and why does anyone care what he has to say?

I don't get it? :confused:

MAX
07-19-2005, 02:57 AM
oops double post

Panamark
07-19-2005, 02:58 AM
Its so great to hear Sammy telling the truth. Christ, remember the
candlelit dinner dates with Al ??? I couldnt find a big enough
bucket to hold my spew when Sammy was getting his undies moist
at that time...

This is great, every interview will keep getting better too..
One of these *WILL* end up in Edwards lap...

Awesome !

Matt White
07-19-2005, 03:13 AM
I wonder if Doug asked Spammy about his recent show in DETROIT...a couple weeks back...and the $10.00 tickets?!?!?!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

FUCKING priceless!!!!

Panamark
07-19-2005, 03:40 AM
Somebody please inform the international hotbed of Van Halen
activity immediately, Tasmania !!!

Panamark
07-19-2005, 03:40 AM
Man, this is such a cheap holiday, lovin it ! :D

Panamark
07-19-2005, 03:49 AM
You know what will be even sweeter ???
EVH's retaliation when he realizes this shit is going down ;)

fryingdutchman
07-19-2005, 04:51 AM
That is fucking awesome...

What did I tell you all, huh huh ???
Once Spammy gets in bitch mode it just gets better and better.
Im loving this :D

How good is this ?? :D :D :D

Originally posted by RogueHorseman
Ahhhhh, vindication.

I remember reporting this very fact right here as I'd heard it during the tour from a good source and the hard core Hagar fans telling me i was full of it.

Hate to say, told you so, BUT I told you so.

Indeed, both of you NAILED it.

Panamark, you've been saying for a couple of months now that Sammy was going to start shit-talking....and it has happened. The floodgates are open, and the nastiness will come flowing out in a flood of shitty tequila.

RogueHorseman.....I do recall when you posted about the reports of dissention within the Fleece The Sheep tour when Eddie tried to dump some of Sammy's roadies.

Shit....the fact that Sammy even had SEPARATE roadies should have been an indication from the start that the whole thing was going to end in disaster.

Let's just sit back, crack open a beer, and watch the fireworks. As soon as the Smoking Loon is done, Ed will fire back.

Polk High
07-19-2005, 08:37 AM
I'm glad sam is back to his solo stuff, i've liked his solo stuff much better then his VH junk.

Forget VH, I say roth just never gets back w/ em. I'd be up for another Sam n Dave tour.

SoldMySoul4RnR
07-19-2005, 08:37 AM
Ahhh I can't wait!

Shhhhh everybody, hear that??? I think I can hear Dave laughing...

guwapo_rocker
07-19-2005, 08:44 AM
I think Sammy said never before didn't he? Hmmm?

qtipp
07-19-2005, 09:02 AM
If Ed can't work with Sammy for a cash grab, he sure as hell can't ever crawl into bed with Roth for anything meaningful.

Mark David Chapman shot John Lennon & he still had good music left to make... Where is a guy like that to cap old Ed & put him out of his misery?

John Holmes
07-19-2005, 09:10 AM
"It's really a shame… I don't know what happened.

you did a rip-off tour to steal fans' money, that's what happened.

But, you know, Eddie [Van Halen] and I… everybody knows… I thought it was gonna be OK, and it wasn't OK. We did some great shows — don't get me wrong;

Yeah, the best ones were those you did cancel.

we did some amazing shows in the Detroit area and some [other] places —

other places, like in your dreams?

but there were times off stage when him and I were… they were holding us back. We don't get along anymore. This guy… I'm sure he'd tell you a whole different story, but from my perspective, he doesn't know how to have fun, he doesn't wanna have fun, he wants to be a miserable human being and make everyone around him miserable.

Don't tell me you never knew about it before. Oh, but it was a good thing to make some cheap money anyway selling out your ( already pitiful ) Van Hager legacy, wasn't it, Spam?

He just goes around firing people, and he tried to fire some of my people, [and I went], 'Get the hell outta here, man. This guy works for me, not you.' He's not any fun to be around. David Lee Roth was more fun to be around. [laughs] Unless he changes to where Mike [Anthony] and I can even handle being around… His brother can't even stand to be around him, but his brother is his brother, so he goes over and tries to deal with him all the time. If the guy wants to come around and say, 'Hey, look, let's go back to being friends and being happy musicians and playing music for the people,' and get rid of these $150, $200 dollar ticket prices and all this crap, then we could probably do it again. But I would never do it again for those prices — never ever ever. And I can say never ever ever. People say, 'Don't ever say never.' Well, I'm saying it. [laughs] but that's part of the deal. And the other thing, I wouldn’t do it unless we could become friends, and he's gotta change, 'cause I'm happy — I'm having a blast." [/B]

Yeah, Spam. Never ever ever. I am sure you'll stick to your words, when the outrageous weight watchers, diets and plastic surgery bills will knock at your door and you'll see a new Ferrari in some car shop. You'd rather do a loan, not to play with Eddie "never ever ever". Right.

Quit biting the hands that feeds, kiss your lucky meal ticket and stop bitching. Scumbag.

UGS
07-19-2005, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by qtipp
Mark David Chapman shot John Lennon & he still had good music left to make... Where is a guy like that to cap old Ed & put him out of his misery?

Dude, wishing murder upon someone isn't cool

fenway5150
07-19-2005, 10:29 AM
There's only one guy who can deal with Eddie and that's Dave. Dave doesn't want to be friends, it's all business with him and that's what is needed at this point. Dave's strong enough to not take Eddie's shit personally. Hagar isn't.

Terry
07-19-2005, 10:53 AM
Kinda gay that Sambo is bitching about the inflated ticket prices now, half a year after the tour is over. Think they were going more for 80 bucks, rather than 150 or 200, although it really matters not; my general feeling is that anyone willing to shell out ANYTHING to go see Van Hagar 2004 deserved to be fleeced. Just kind of rings hollow that Sam was so opposed to charging so much to see Van Hagar, yet went ahead and did the tour anyway.

Vinnie Velvet
07-19-2005, 10:57 AM
Sammy is desperately trying to keep himself in the public eye.

And what better way to get attention than to bash Eddie VH.

Granted, Eddie may be a self-destructive individual, but Sam always just jumps at the chance to talk anything "VH".

But he also mentioned Dave's name! And that means more records sold and more exposure for CVH.

Fucking loser.

Nickdfresh
07-19-2005, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by fenway5150
There's only one guy who can deal with Eddie and that's Dave. Dave doesn't want to be friends, it's all business with him and that's what is needed at this point. Dave's strong enough to not take Eddie's shit personally. Hagar isn't.

Who wants to deal with a washed-up, alcoholic virtuoso train wreck?

Vinnie Velvet
07-19-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Who wants to deal with a washed-up, alcoholic virtuoso train wreck?

True, but maybe, just maybe, its just what Ed needs-----DLR!

If only his brother would keep out of the way.

Mr. Vengeance
07-19-2005, 11:32 AM
I love that the same fucking retard that sells that liquid shit tequila of his for wayyyyyyyyyyy too much, is concerned about the ticket prices! HEY SAMMY YOU FUCK, AFTER THE LAST TOUR DEBACLE AND YOUR RECENT INTERVIEWS, VAN HAGAR WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO CHARGE A SQUIRT OF PISS FOR TICKETS- so, just get lost.

bueno bob
07-19-2005, 11:37 AM
Well, now...all this really comes as no surprise to us, does it... :rolleyes:

sonrisa salvaje
07-19-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by SoldMySoul4RnR
Ahhh I can't wait!

Shhhhh everybody, hear that??? I think I can hear Dave laughing... Si...Si.....

bobgnote
07-19-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Radio Birdman
it was the ticket prices.

RB can plainly SEE, the ripoffs ALL WENT FOR THE HIGH TICKET PRICES. They are ripoffs in ways a real birdman can hear about.

They include Sammy AND Dave, but Dave is the so-what leader at sound that can be blended, in rock, a desperately undermined, distorted, anemic corporate culture, sick from years of corporate profiteering, which corporate copouts cross over easily from chopshop to copshop. So don't expect Bill and Ted to make more rock WITHOUT MACHINES LIKE LUDWIG VAN'S SPECIAL KEYBOARD.

Just whyinhell would anyone named Dave or Bob or anything that smart-sounding go for any eatings of Ed-shit on keys, cheese on an organ, tulips need not apply, pooholes into Ed the cancer-stricken fake, who like Jacko needs a riff infusion, or BofA might bite, one day.

With all of Time-Warner credibility up for grabs, don't expect ME to dodge any REAL ISSUES, as rock looks for a way to undistort the market, while I look for ways to undistort particular players, like DAVE, who will likely find a way to finish the job he started in 1985, or look goddam dumb like it's a contest someone else should win.

bueno bob
07-19-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by bobgnote
RB can plainly SEE, the ripoffs ALL WENT FOR THE HIGH TICKET PRICES. They are ripoffs in ways a real birdman can hear about.

They include Sammy AND Dave, but Dave is the so-what leader at sound that can be blended, in rock, a desperately undermined, distorted, anemic corporate culture, sick from years of corporate profiteering, which corporate copouts cross over easily from chopshop to copshop. So don't expect Bill and Ted to make more rock WITHOUT MACHINES LIKE LUDWIG VAN'S SPECIAL KEYBOARD.

Just whyinhell would anyone named Dave or Bob or anything that smart-sounding go for any eatings of Ed-shit on keys, cheese on an organ, tulips need not apply, pooholes into Ed the cancer-stricken fake, who like Jacko needs a riff infusion, or BofA might bite, one day.

With all of Time-Warner credibility up for grabs, don't expect ME to dodge any REAL ISSUES, as rock looks for a way to undistort the market, while I look for ways to undistort particular players, like DAVE, who will likely find a way to finish the job he started in 1985, or look goddam dumb like it's a contest someone else should win.

You know, Bob, that's one place I can see eye to eye with you..."Bob" REALLY IS a name of brilliance, isn't it? Well, in some cases, anyway :)

academic punk
07-19-2005, 12:31 PM
Who here thinks that there's a distinct possibility that bobgnote was the guy that Dave pulled a gun on while tweaking on meth in Dave's backyard?

Hardrock69
07-19-2005, 12:37 PM
What I find interesting is the comment that Spambo The Flatulent made about how Ed's own brother can't stand him anymore.

What a fucking loser. Perhaps it is wrong to wish murder upon someone, but sometimes I wish Ed would just drink himself to death. That is the only way we can get some finality about this bullshit.

Panamark was right on the money. AGAIN.

He said Spambo would start to talk shit, and sure enough there it is....

Way to go, bro!
Roth On!
:cool:

Vinnie Velvet
07-19-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by bobgnote

God, I love your posts bobgnote.

:)

DavidLeeNatra
07-19-2005, 12:58 PM
this is a thread I started in 2004 :D

posted: 04-14-2004 at 06:04 PM
I bet... !!!

ok...to show you how much I believe this tour is not going to be what all you hagaritas out there whish it will be...

I bet:

...the new BO - album does not hit the million

...at least one show gets cancelled

...van hagar reunion does not last for x-mas 2005

if I'm wrong I gonna post a pic...me all dressed in capri pants, hawaii shirt, sandals and a goatie making the stupid sign with the hands that looks like tjvhou812's back door pussy...

if you spamsters loose (and you will) I wanna see you in spandex trying to do the split jump...

so, who's with me?

DavidLeeNatra
07-19-2005, 01:00 PM
this is FUCKING GOOD NEWS !!! I SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY ...

DavidLeeNatra
07-19-2005, 01:22 PM
...and now I followed panamark's road to the linx and can't stop from laughing... :D

DLR_EngineRoom
07-19-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by qtipp

Originally posted by UGS
Dude, wishing murder upon someone isn't cool

I agree UGS, unquestionably. We like, we don't like - bottom line is let's keep human dignity at par. I wouldn't advise wishing ANYONE, inclusive of Sammy, Eddie, Alex or Mike anything but the best of health, regardless of how I disagree with how they deal with business.

Matt White
07-19-2005, 04:19 PM
"SAMMY HAGAR: EDDIE VAN HALEN 'Wants To Be A Miserable Human Being'"

Ironic....I have an old INterview with EVH back in 1985 i GUITAR WORLD magazine....

EVH: "DAVE says I never happy unless I'm miserable...that's a crock of shit."

HHHMMmmmmm.......

The picture couldn't be ANY more clear as to WHO the ASSHOLE is.

Diamondjimi
07-19-2005, 04:30 PM
Thank god this train wreck is fuckin over with.
Spammy, take your tits and your shitty booze and STAY in Cabo !!!

Hardrock69
07-19-2005, 04:52 PM
LMFAO!!!

Great pic....

Spambo The Flatulent is WRONG.

Miss Edward VH does not WANT to be a miserable human being, he IS ALREADY a miserable human being.

Stupid fuck....

"WAAAAH!!! I AM SOOO FUCKING MISERABLE! POOR, POOR ME!!! I HAVE ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD, I AM WORSHIPPED AS A GUITAR HERO, I COULD HAVE ANY PUSSY OR COCK I COULD EVER WANT! I HAVE A FERRARI, A MANSION IN BEVERLY HILLS, AND I WAS MARRIED FOR YEARS TO A HOT, FUCKABLE TELEVISION ACTRESS!

MY LIFE IS SO FUCKING HORRIBLE!!!"

:rolleyes:

Big Fat Sammy
07-19-2005, 04:54 PM
We would all be miserable too if we had to encore with When It's Love every night.

DlocRoth
07-19-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy
We would all be miserable too if we had to encore with When It's Love every night.

swish

Youre No Stern
07-19-2005, 05:59 PM
For real? I need some leopard print spandex, wheooooowww! Hey I want to JUMP! Wheeeooooooow! I'm DDLR and I get way to excited in my tight leopard print spandex! Wheeooooooow! I'm hot for teacher! Wheooooooow! Give me spandex because I'm a perfectly heterosexual man! Wheooooow!

ANYONE EVER WONDER WHY DDLR HAS TO WEAR SPANDEX?!?!?!?!

Nickdfresh
07-19-2005, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by blueturk
From the pages of Creem magazine, here's what Dave had to say about the break-up of Van Halen back in 1986.

"David Lee Roth: Foul-Mouthed Reagan Shocks The World"

My original intent, when I bailed out of Van Halen, was, "All right, I've gotta get a band together. No telling how long that's gonna take." You know, I'd been with the same guys for 10 years or more – how you gonna replace that? Not easily, probably. Jeez, it took me almost four months. (laughs) I got lucky. I realize that – I got hyper-lucky here.

The guys in Van Halen have been talking about you, and you really haven't had a chance to talk. What's been your reaction to it all?
Well, what specifically are you referring to?

They said you left "to be a movie star" – they told me something like, "with Dave, we were a Model T, but with Sammy, we're gonna be an SST." What surprised me most was, when I talked to you guys six years ago or so, there seemed to be some camaraderie between you all that some of the band members now seem to be denying. I thought that might've hurt you, personally – hurt your feelings.
Well, you know, the guys go on about how they were so miserable for these past 10, 12 years, the music was substandard, now they're gonna go on and everything is just wonderful, and they hated it for the last 12 years...Poor Edward Van Halen – forced to live a lie! Struggling to survive the onslaught of Masaratis! Forced to survive Lamborghini after Lamborghini! Can you imagine the mental stress the poor kid must be feeling?

Except he's not a kid anymore, he's 30 years old. You know? And you don't go bullshitting the public like that. You know? You don't treat your fans like that. A great part of Van Halen was – it still is a big part of me, you know? My heart was completely and totally into that band, my whole life dedicated to that band. Shit, I must've cut a good 10 or 20 years off of my life! Either working for that band or celebrating it! (laughs) And you just don't go on and treat the public as dummies – you know, mindless word drool poured all over pages abut how it "stunk." "Yeah, we hated it," "Dave forced us to do it"...

Yeah – big bad Dave. Forced them to do it, yeah. "Used to be a Volkswagen, now it's a Maserati," you know? Come on guys, you'll still be working on Volkswagen parts, there. Edward's a great guitar player, you know? But who died and left him king? There are other great guitar players out there. Let's talk state of the art: he's gonna have to learn how to pronounce "Yngwie." And once he's done with that, he's gonna have to spend the rest of the time trying to figure out what language Vai is. So it's c'mon, you know? We're all in this together. I sort of feel like...you know, it's like going out to dinner with somebody, and you think you're having a great time – in fact, you are having a wonderful time – and part of that is knowing the other person's having a good time. Right? You get back at the end of the night – or first thing in the morning, as it were (laughs)...and you say, "Hey, I had a really great time – thanks a lot." And the other person says, "Hey, you know what? I really had a fucked-up time. And you wanna know something? You're really fucked up, too. But thanks a lot for paying for dinner." (laughs)

You don't treat the public like that. I'm used to it from those guys, you know, I'm used to it – but you don't treat the public like that. So let's call a spade a spade here. There is no such thing as "he left to be a movie star." That's just Van Halen's wanting you to be pissed off at me like they are. I'm not a movie star. I'm not even an actor.

So you read that stuff and it pissed you off?
Well, we did not split amicably at all. That's some more nonsense that they're putting in the press now. Uhh-uhh. Now that they realize how ugly their little hatchet job on me is reading, now Edward turns that impish little "Ohhh, I'm so sorry." You know, that little boy thing. Forget it, kid! You're 30 years old, man – I don't buy it. (laughs) I don't think the public does, either.

What do you expect from the new Van Halen album?
I'm sure that Edward will play every bit was well as he ever has – I never said he was anything but a wonderful guitar player. He's just a shitty human being.

Deja vu all over again!

Nickdfresh
07-19-2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Youre No Stern
For real? I need some leopard print spandex, wheooooowww! Hey I want to JUMP! Wheeeooooooow! I'm DDLR and I get way to excited in my tight leopard print spandex! Wheeooooooow! I'm hot for teacher! Wheooooooow! Give me spandex because I'm a perfectly heterosexual man! Wheooooow!

ANYONE EVER WONDER WHY DDLR HAS TO WEAR SPANDEX?!?!?!?!

And you you little fuckstump...Are you an alias? Or did you actually waste a good portion of your life registering here just because the gerbil named Howard lodged deep in your ass began to get antsy the minute Roth was named as a possible replacement. Here's what I wrote at another board:

STERN's a borefest. He hasn't been consistently funny for years now. ARTIE LANG gave him an initial boost for a year or so, but STERN is burned out and hasn't been genuinely cutting edge for at least ten years now. For example, he used to actually be funny HIMSELF without relying on others' bits, like MIRA, or just interviewing T&A as eye-candy for his now defunct TV show. He used to do "radiomovies" which were hysterical and topical ("Mayberry KKK" or "I Shot Lucy (Joe)" anybody?:D) But he's been mailing it in for years now and I don't think they write bits like they used too. I've listened at drive time, but I could care less to throw him on in the morning if I'm around anymore, and there used to be a time when he was on every minute of his show I could manage.

It seems his only angle is to attack his potential competition (DAVE) and to wax on his sentimental nostalgia for a funnier time.

So you little fucking worm, go shell out your money for satellite so you can hear STERN mail it in and pay for it, rather than hear him be lazy for free, like he has been for the past ten years at least. I guess maybe he's more interested in nailing his trophy girlfriend than making good radio these days.

Oh, and while we're at it, tell me why STERN took down the message-board on his official site? Do you know why? Because real listeners were flaming him every second for being boring, old & tired, burned-out, and unfunny like I just did. Now go get your SIRIUS you little cunt, at least ROTH is interesting enough to parody.

SloBurn
07-19-2005, 09:36 PM
Don't ya'll think Eddie would get the idea? Can't he see how he drives people away?

Valerie?

Spammy??

Dave???

No wonder he's such a miserable motherfucker. He's been trying to escape from himself all these years and the booze is helping him get there.

To an early grave, that is.

Halen High
07-19-2005, 11:58 PM
Thats what *LOVE* is made of !!!!

Man, I gotta go to the links.. Sorry, I have to...
This is just too good...

I just went over there. I could here the sheep stirring from down here!

As RH said, "vindication"

I feel like celebrating all over again.

Hardrock69
07-20-2005, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy

No fucking shit!!!

Funny how I posted about how miserable his life is, then the Dave interview from 1986 got posted where he said almost the exact same thing....
:D

guwapo_rocker
07-20-2005, 03:07 PM
Launch Radio Networks reports: After spending most of 2004 back with VAN HALEN, Sammy Hagar says he's in no hurry to do it again. The group did tour North America and record three new songs for a greatest hits album, but Hagar told Launch that what he once called a "continuation" has reached its conclusion — and he puts the blame solely on guitarist Edward Van Halen. "I don't get along with Eddie anymore, and that's all there is to it," he said. "I think the whole world knows that he's changed. And I don't know what his problem is, but he's miserable and he likes to make everyone around him miserable. And I'm the happiest guy on the planet, and anybody who makes me miserable I don't want to be around. And so, that's a simple way to put it."

Hagar did not completely rule out the possibility of working with VAN HALEN again, however. "Maybe he'll change, you know," he said. "He used to be a great guy. He used to be a fun guy and wasn't miserable. You know, I mean, he went through the cancer thing and all that, but he should be grateful and not miserable. That's the way I look at it. Maybe he'll change. If he changes, we can do it again."

Hagar resumed touring as a solo act this year. His "The Tequila Made Me Do It" tour, during which he'll play with both MONTROSE and his own band, THE WABORITAS, begins August 6 in Clarkston, Michigan.

Hagar also operates another group, LOS TRES GUZANOS, which features VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony.

It was one year ago today that the VAN HALEN greatest-hits album "The Best Of Both Worlds" came out. It featured three new songs that Hagar recorded with the band — "It's About Time", "Up For Breakfast", and "Learning To See".

Link (http://93x.com/listingsEntry.asp?ID=351539&PT=ROCK+NEWS)

Matt White
07-20-2005, 03:59 PM
Three steaming piles of SHIT!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Anybody heard ANY of those 3 songs...in the last 6 months?!?!

I knew better!!!

guwapo_rocker
07-20-2005, 04:09 PM
3 Months, it's been a lot longer than that. I think I only heard them

the night they made their debut, and never since.

Bahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Hardrock69
07-20-2005, 04:15 PM
Ya know, it is too bad that he was the singer in Montrose....I mean, the original lineup Ronnie Montrose had put out some great shit in the early 70s....I always thought I would like to see them live if possible...but you could not pay me enough to be in the same building as Spambo The Flatulent....anymore....well, unless there was another Spambo & Dave Tour....

Speaking of which...I have a confession to make...

When the Sam & Dave TOur hit Gnashville, Dave was playing first. In a way that was nice, cause I was not forced to sit through any Spambo bullshit.

But the confession is that After Dave was done, I did hang around long enough to see The Bass Player come out and do some stuff....

I was never impressed with a) Spambo's solo material (though his 1977-79 period solo stuff was not awful as everything he has done since then was) or
b) the waboritas (he just happened to find some musicians with less stage presence than him, and he got crowds of unlucky contest winners up onstage so he could still think he has fans).

Oh well.

If Dave had not done that tour, and Spambo had come to town, I would have had much more fun washing my dogs ass than to go see that fat slobbering klown fuck...

Romeo Delight
07-21-2005, 02:16 AM
Call me overly optimistic, but to hear Sambo be so openly critical of Ed makes me wonder if there may be some Van Halen activity that does not involve him.

Panamark
07-21-2005, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by DavidFlamma
Call me overly optimistic, but to hear Sambo be so openly critical of Ed makes me wonder if there may be some Van Halen activity that does not involve him.

Well if theres not, it doesnt harm the chances of creating some ! ;)

Vinnie Velvet
07-21-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by DavidFlamma

And if history is repeating itself (1996) then that may be what's happening.

Terry
07-22-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
3 Months, it's been a lot longer than that. I think I only heard them

the night they made their debut, and never since.

Bahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

No doubt. None of those tracks even got any radio play, least none I heard of.

rothnroll39
07-24-2005, 03:33 AM
mother fuck hagar! nobody gives a fuck about that cry baby bitch hagar.

qtipp
07-24-2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
I agree UGS, unquestionably. We like, we don't like - bottom line is let's keep human dignity at par. I wouldn't advise wishing ANYONE, inclusive of Sammy, Eddie, Alex or Mike anything but the best of health, regardless of how I disagree with how they deal with business.

I wish you only the best of health, wealth, & wisdom...

But EVH can take one for the team I say.

<cap><cap>

thin red line
07-25-2005, 02:28 PM
Look guys. I keep reading about how shitty Sammy is and all that. Lets look at the facts. EDDIE kicked Dave, not Sammy. EDDIE kicked Sammy out. Then EDDIE kicked Dave three more time. Dave only got to make two songs with them. Sammy did get to make three more songs with them and a tour. I 'm a big fan of both VH's. What is killing me. Is EDDIE can't get his shit together with ether Dave or Sammy. So what we have right now is NO VH. I give Dave and Sammy alot of respect for trying to make VH world go round. If EDDIE would come back to it. I think we would have alot of new music. A Dave or Sammy VH is a hell of alot better than nothing at all. And that folks is what we have right now. Thank you EDDIE!!!!!!

JimGardner
07-27-2005, 04:48 PM

Sammy Hagar spoke to Doug Podell of Detroit's WRIF 101.1 FM earlier this month about the current status of VAN HALEN and his upcoming solo album, tentatively due in early 2006. When asked to comment on the rumors that VAN HALEN may once again have been shelved following reports of internal disagreements, Hagar said, "It's really a shame… I don't know what happened. But, you know, Eddie [Van Halen] and I… everybody knows… I thought it was gonna be OK, and it wasn't OK. We did some great shows — don't get me wrong; we did some amazing shows in the Detroit area and some [other] places — but there were times off stage when him and I were… they were holding us back. We don't get along anymore. This guy… I'm sure he'd tell you a whole different story, but from my perspective, he doesn't know how to have fun, he doesn't wanna have fun, he wants to be a miserable human being and make everyone around him miserable. He just goes around firing people, and he tried to fire some of my people, [and I went], 'Get the hell outta here, man. This guy works for me, not you.' He's not any fun to be around. David Lee Roth was more fun to be around. [laughs] Unless he changes to where Mike [Anthony] and I can even handle being around… His brother can't even stand to be around him, but his brother is his brother, so he goes over and tries to deal with him all the time. If the guy wants to come around and say, 'Hey, look, let's go back to being friends and being happy musicians and playing music for the people,' and get rid of these $150, $200 dollar ticket prices and all this crap, then we could probably do it again. But I would never do it again for those prices — never ever ever. And I can say never ever ever. People say, 'Don't ever say never.' Well, I'm saying it. [laughs] but that's part of the deal. And the other thing, I wouldn’t do it unless we could become friends, and he's gotta change, 'cause I'm happy — I'm having a blast."

I'm no fan of the Bette Midler look alike, but it seems fair enough what he's saying about Eddie being in a bad place and not wanting to be around him when he's like that.

I'd prefer to say Dave back with Steve Vai and Billy Sheehan way more than I'd be happy about a VH reunion.

DavidLeeNatra
07-27-2005, 05:26 PM
just go over to the linx and read how the sheeporitas cry about their sambo-man and how they start to talk shit about the three "great tunes" for the BOBW-album they celebrated so much when they came out...that's fucking funny...thanx for the fun, brett...

guwapo_rocker
07-27-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by thin red line
Look guys. I keep reading about how shitty Sammy is and all that. Lets look at the facts. EDDIE kicked Dave, not Sammy. EDDIE kicked Sammy out. Then EDDIE kicked Dave three more time. Dave only got to make two songs with them. Sammy did get to make three more songs with them and a tour. I 'm a big fan of both VH's. What is killing me. Is EDDIE can't get his shit together with ether Dave or Sammy. So what we have right now is NO VH. I give Dave and Sammy alot of respect for trying to make VH world go round. If EDDIE would come back to it. I think we would have alot of new music. A Dave or Sammy VH is a hell of alot better than nothing at all. And that folks is what we have right now. Thank you EDDIE!!!!!!

I would rather keep seeing Dave shows and partying with my friends, than see a Spam Hagar fucking show....cock drip!!!

Sammy Roy Hagar
07-28-2005, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
I would rather keep seeing Dave shows and partying with my friends, than see a Spam Hagar fucking show....cock drip!!!

Hey man, A Wabos show is a fucking party!

I bring the party to the fans and they love it.

I want them to leave the show with a smile on their face and with a sense of hope.

See ya in Cabo!

:)

rothnroll39
07-29-2005, 05:54 AM
fuck hagar!!!!

JimGardner
07-29-2005, 10:24 AM
I'd hate to think my comments on Hagar could be used as a justification for his existence. Don't get me wrong - he's a turd sucking knob jockey, BUT he did have a point about Eddie being just as irrelevant while his ongoing miserable phase persists.

fryingdutchman
07-29-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by JimGardner
I'd hate to think my comments on Hagar could be used as a justification for his existence. Don't get me wrong - he's a turd sucking knob jockey, BUT he did have a point about Eddie being just as irrelevant while his ongoing miserable phase persists.

Jim:

Shouldn't you be prepping some copy for tonight's 6pm news???

bueno bob
07-29-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by thin red line

Excuse me while I go vomit up my breakfast - I will respond thereafter.

JimGardner
07-30-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by fryingdutchman
Jim:

Shouldn't you be prepping some copy for tonight's 6pm news???

Trust me, the day the words "turd sucking knob jockey" are permissible on the news my application is in the post!

Should it not be obvious by the way, just on a general "point of all this" tip: The days of any of these characters being relevant to the world of rock and roll are long gone and it's time to move on?

I know CVH, DLR (everything before your Filthy Little Mouth) and the likes are all very good to listen to and get nostalgic about, but some of this stuff is 25, 30 years old.

It'd be great if any of the Roth related musicians and Dave himself where still cutting edge and new but even Steve Vai is beginning to loose his appeal, and I say that as a massive fan.

It seems to me that the peripheral figures of the likes Sammy "the bette midler look alike" Hagar and Michael Anthony represent would have even less to say than they do now if we, the loyal and occasionally very blinkered, fans just.. ..well - moved on!

Heresy? Sue me.

JimGardner
07-30-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by rothnroll39
fuck hagar!!!!

I'll bet he takes comments like that so seriously. God son, at least give an original reason formed of your own opinion rather than one you received from others.

Yes, by all means - fuck Hagar, but what exactly did he do to you personally in order to warrant such a frenzied abuse of his rectal region?

Be specific. Words Ubu, words!

DLR'sCock
07-30-2005, 04:40 PM
I am more down for the EEAS reunion than anything, fucking Sheehan and Vai sound so amazing together....

DavidLeeNatra
08-01-2005, 09:26 AM
listen to it here...it's over...

http://www.wrif.com/media/2005_07hagar.asx

DavidLeeNatra
08-01-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
listen to it here...it's over...

http://www.wrif.com/media/2005_07hagar.asx

don't miss to listen to this interview! it's the full length audio of "miserable numan being"...sam also makes a statement for the bass player saying that he is through with ed also...and there is a bit of dave bashing at the end...

TimmiT
08-13-2005, 05:49 PM
Before I say this, cause I know there a few that will jump down my ass for saying this on this site, but here's the sad truth. LIVE WITH IT!

Eddie is the way he is because he can't get back to what he had with Dave. He even said so once back when he kicked Spammy out the first time, that if Van Halen couldn't make it with Cherone that it was over and that he was going to put out a solo album. Of course that didn't hold water, without Dave there is no Van Helen and it never will be. I just wish that he went ahead and did that and spared us all this pain and misery what has now become a fucking BIG ASS JOKE.

Some of you people are so quick to jump down Eddie's ass and say "hahahhahahaha" Eddies a loser. Fuck that. Even with Dave at his best he cant touch what he had when Eddie right there by him on stage!

I'm not going or ever will put down Eddie. Dude is a genius. In the
day he was the best guitarist around. Although I do have a strong feeling that he stole that tap technique from the Great Randy Rhodes, Rest in Piece Randy! You were the real deal my friend. FUCK, now I'm depressed. ugggggggggg!

If not Dave then I'm all for a solo album. I just hope that if Eddie is going to do this, that he takes his time and puts out a well thought out masterpiece. Until he can do this then a chance for the Greatest show known as Van Halen will never happen.

Eddie! Are you ready? Get the fuck out of your slump man!

Sammy_Lee_Roth!
08-16-2005, 09:44 AM
Look everyone. You guys can waste the rest of your pathetic lives on your computer paying out Sammy "The Red Rocker" Hagar. Or you can just get over it and stop being little bitches. You guys are really lame, you spend all this time paying the crap out of someone who obviously suceeded in life while you guys on the other hand waste your time sending endless "bitchy" remarks towards Sammy. (and you guys think that Sammy bitchs phht...). Just because Sammy had more sucess with =VH= than David you crack a big shit about it. Dont get me wrong David is an absolute Dude. And I am a true musican and "Man" when I can say that I enjoy all Van Halen albums. So guys just get over the whole thing.10

DavidLeeNatra
08-16-2005, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Sammy_Lee_Roth!
Look everyone. You guys can waste the rest of your pathetic lives on your computer paying out Sammy "The Red Rocker" Hagar. Or you can just get over it and stop being little bitches. You guys are really lame, you spend all this time paying the crap out of someone who obviously suceeded in life while you guys on the other hand waste your time sending endless "bitchy" remarks towards Sammy. (and you guys think that Sammy bitchs phht...). Just because Sammy had more sucess with =VH= than David you crack a big shit about it. Dont get me wrong David is an absolute Dude. And I am a true musican and "Man" when I can say that I enjoy all Van Halen albums. So guys just get over the whole thing.10

this one is for you, rikk...SPA (sheep pen alert)

Sammy_Lee_Roth!
08-16-2005, 10:07 AM

DavidLeeNatra
08-16-2005, 10:09 AM
double post?

Sammy_Lee_Roth!
08-16-2005, 10:11 AM
Oh here it comes that funny feeling again Winding me up inside
every time we touch. Hey I don't know oh tell me where to begin
'Cause I never ever felt so much. And I can't recall any love at
all oh baby this blows them all away. It's got what it takes
so tell me why can't this be love? Straight from my heart oh
tell me why can't this be love? I tell myself hey only fools
rush in And only time will tell if we stand the test of time.
All I know you've got to run to win And Ill be damned ifI'll
get hung up on the line. No I can't recall anything at all oh
baby this blows them all away. It's got what it takes so tell
me why can't this be love? . . . It's got what it takes so
tell me why can't this be love? . . . Baby why can't this be
love? Got to know why can't this be love? I wanna know why can't
this be love?

I LOVE THIS SONG, dont you?

Sammy_Lee_Roth!
08-16-2005, 10:12 AM
Everybody's lookin' for somethin'?Somethin' to fill in the
holes?We think a lot but don't talk much about it?'Til things
get out of control?How do I know when it's love?I can't tell you
but it lasts forever?How does it feel when it's love?It's just
something you feel together?When it's love?You look at every
face in a crowd?Some shine and some keep you guessin'?Waiting
for someone to come into focus?Teach you your final love
lesson?How do I know when it's love?I can't tell you but it
lasts forever?How does it feel when it's love?It's just
something you feel together?Oh oh oh oh?Oh when it's love?Oh oh
oh oh?You can feel it yeah?Oh oh oh oh?Nothing's missing?Yeah?Oh
oh oh oh?Oh oh oh oh?Oh oh oh oh?Nothing's missing?How do I know
when it's love,?I can't tell you but it lasts forever?How does
it feel when it's love?I can't tell you but it lasts
forever?When it's love?When it's love?It'll last forever?When
it's love?You and I?We're gonna feel this thing together?When
it's love?When it's love?You can feel it?We'll make it last
forever?When it's love?

Sammy_Lee_Roth!
08-16-2005, 10:15 AM
I don't know what I been livin' on but it's
Not enough to fill me up
I need more than just words can say
I need everything this life can give me
Come on baby close your eyes let go
This can be everything we've dreamed
It's not work, that makes it work no
Let the magic do the work for you
Cause something heached out and touched me
Now I see that all I want...
I want the best of both worlds
And baby I know what it's worth
We can have have the best of both worlds a little
Heaven right here on earth There's a picture in the gallery of a
Fallen angel looked alot like you
We forget where we come from sometimes
I had a dream it was really you
Solo
You don't have to die to go to heaven
Or hang around to be born again
Just tune into what this place has got to offer
Cause we may never be here again

I L O V E T H I S S O N G ! ! !

guitarded_13
08-16-2005, 04:35 PM
Doesn't it occure to you that he wrote those songs just so he could get some chip and dales dancers too pump his cornhole? Back when I was bulimic, I used to listen to why can't this be love after meals for a little help. Honest to god truth!

UNCHAINED MOTHERFUCKAS!!!!!

M249
09-11-2005, 03:15 AM
Look, I know I am going to take heat but I got to party with "spammy" and He was cool...Period..DLR IS the frontman of VH anything else is taxidermy. Blame Eddie...In my opinion a reunion might happen..y not......travel on separate buses or planes..meet for sound check and then make it happen on stage for 3 hours.. These guys are professional musicians..what a shame when the Atomic Punks sound better than VH...and NO DISRESPECT to VH ...just pick a path...be sober or be drunk dude...but after your last tour with Sam... dude..go back to the bottle and get your wireless back...and maybe a hearing aid. But it was a shame to see the Greatest Guitarist self implode...forget his best tunes...I could go on but why...Dave is on tour..and saving lives....HEy EDDIE maybe DAVE could help YOU out dude.

M249
09-11-2005, 03:16 AM
Look, I know I am going to take heat but I got to party with "spammy" and He was cool...Period..DLR IS the frontman of VH anything else is taxidermy. Blame Eddie...In my opinion a reunion might happen..y not......travel on separate buses or planes..meet for sound check and then make it happen on stage for 3 hours.. These guys are professional musicians..what a shame when the Atomic Punks sound better than VH...and NO DISRESPECT to VH ...just pick a path...be sober or be drunk dude...but after your last tour with Sam... dude..go back to the bottle

M249
Look, I know I am going to take heat but I got to party with "spammy" and He was cool...Period..DLR IS the frontman of VH anything else is taxidermy. Blame Eddie...In my opinion a reunion might happen..y not......travel on separate buses or planes..meet for sound check and then make it happen on stage for 3 hours.. These guys are professional musicians..what a shame when the Atomic Punks sound better than VH...and NO DISRESPECT to VH ...just pick a path...be sober or be drunk dude...but after your last tour with Sam... dude..go back to th

M249
Look, I know I am going to take heat but I got to party with "spammy" and He was cool...Period..DLR IS the frontman of VH anything else is taxidermy. Blame Eddie...In my opinion a reunion might happen..y not......travel on separate buses or planes..meet for sound check and then make it happen on stage for 3 hours.. These guys are professional musicians..what a shame when the Atomic Punks sound better than VH...and NO DISRESPECT to VH ...just pick a path...be sober or be drunk dude...but after your last tour with Sam... dude..go back to th

eddieheck2000
11-11-2005, 02:40 AM
sammy is better without the van halen bros anyway so its agood thing if ya ask me. and dave is stupid if he goes back. screw the van halen bros

VanLally
12-08-2005, 07:38 PM
mm

Eyes of the Night
12-12-2005, 02:41 AM
The things I missed while I in hiatus mode!!! ...

Ed I think just hates to grow old ... wishes he was the #1 gunslinger in the land ...

billy_lyle2002
01-30-2006, 12:31 AM
nobody cares about that lil fat midget hagar

GAR
04-02-2006, 10:20 AM
hahahaaahhaaa..

yah
05-14-2006, 02:04 PM
I was laughing when I read Spam's interview....hard
Some things seem to ring true though; both Sam and Dave had both said Eddie was miserable- Dave's quote was that" Eddie was a miserable human being without a guitar in his hands"
I don't think Sam really needs the money to tour or record with VH ever again, that is obvious when he bitches about the ticket prices and he says that he and Eddie would have to be friends again to work together again....fortunately this will probably not happen....I think VH is finally ready to accept Dave back in their camp again, they'll probably finish recording some tunes this summer/fall.
Mike's going to be on tour with Sam so his bass parts will probably be recorded by Eddie.....lol