PDA

View Full Version : Planet Waves Picks

UGS
07-19-2005, 04:53 PM
I tired these picks a while ago because they looked to be the same material and quality as dunlop picks. . .they even had that powdery shit on them while they were new. They ended up being garbage, and actually warped. With the tip of the pick not in the place where you expect it (due to warping) playing is difficult. It wasn't just one pick either, pretty much all of them.

For a brand that has such good quality patch cords, you'd think they'd have better quality picks.

Big Fat Sammy
07-19-2005, 05:04 PM
LMAO at these pick threads....

...never tried plant waves...but I will take your word! :D

BrownSound1
07-19-2005, 10:32 PM
HAHAHAHA! Planet Waves....geez what's next, Black Diamond strings?

UGS
07-19-2005, 10:54 PM
Have you not heard of them? They're pretty popular at the local guitar shop. . .been around for 3-4 years too. . .mind you, they suck

BrownSound1
07-19-2005, 11:51 PM
Yeah dude I've heard of them, but they are like the bottom of the barrel brand...like Black Diamond strings.

UGS
07-20-2005, 12:35 AM
ahaha, ok, my mistake. . .I've never heard of Black Diamond. . .I thought you were refering to the cheese company :D

Nitro Express
07-20-2005, 07:40 PM
I have some Planet Waves Jerry Garcia picks and they are fine. They seem to be made of some kind of funky celliode.

As far as picks go, my favorite ones are .80mm Claytons, my house is infested with those little buggers.

Big Fat Sammy
07-21-2005, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
I have some Planet Waves Jerry Garcia picks and they are fine. They seem to be made of some kind of funky celliode.

As far as picks go, my favorite ones are .80mm Claytons, my house is infested with those little buggers.

That funky celliode you speak of....didn't Jerry used to snort that? :D

Nitro Express
07-22-2005, 01:32 AM
From what I understand is they were Jerry's actual picks made to his specifications and had his signature and artwork. I have some Jerry Garcia designed neck ties too. I always get compliments when I wear those. Funny, some design painted by an old hippie on acid looks great when worn with a conservative business suit.

Big Fat Sammy
07-22-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
From what I understand is they were Jerry's actual picks made to his specifications and had his signature and artwork. I have some Jerry Garcia designed neck ties too. I always get compliments when I wear those. Funny, some design painted by an old hippie on acid looks great when worn with a conservative business suit.

I've seen those ties...they are cool!

If I had to wear one..... :D

Nitro Express
07-24-2005, 03:44 AM
All the world's a stage and you sometimes have to dress the part. If you want peoples respect, being proffessional in a nice business suit is going to beat being nicely casual in shorts and a T-shirt. If you are a sales rep or have any part in creating an illusion on confidence, you are going to be in a suit.

Panamark
07-24-2005, 04:08 AM
JD's are the winners, you can slice those fuckers to death and still
use em. I shit you not, Ive got Dunlops here that would be 20
years old and are still useable...