PDA

View Full Version : Kerry: I'll 'Pre-challenge' Florida Vote Count

John Ashcroft
03-12-2004, 12:37 PM
Sen. John Kerry says he doesn't believe in pre-emeptive action against terrorists, but apparently that principle applies only when America's national security is at stake. When it comes to his own political future, the Massachusetts Democrat is taking no such chances.

He told a Florida audience this week that he's deploying a legal team to Florida before Nov. 2 in case Republicans try to "steal" the election, in a rerun of the contest Al Gore lost in 2000 by 537 votes.

"We're going to pre-check it, we're going to have the legal team in place," Kerry told the Hollywood, Fla., crowd. "We're going to take injunctions where necessary ahead of time. We'll pre-challenge if necessary."

Just to be on the safe side, Sen. Kerry might want to get his "pre-concession" speech ready as well. :D

Link: here (http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/3/11/170442.shtml)

Ally_Kat
03-12-2004, 12:40 PM
hahaha - pollwatchers are always fun and always try to get in where they don't belong, thus helping fuck up some part of election day.

Jesus Christ
03-12-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
[B]Sen. John Kerry says he doesn't believe in pre-emeptive action against terrorists, but apparently that principle applies only when America's national security is at stake. When it comes to his own political future, the Massachusetts Democrat is taking no such chances.

As One who spent His years on this earth under the oppression of Caesar, I would say that ensuring that thy votes are truly and fairly counted IS part of thy national security.

knuckleboner
03-12-2004, 05:49 PM
man, i totally agree that you need to make sure that things go well. but it sounds a little stupid to already mention the possiblity of republicans stealing florida.

i voted for gore. but if anyone tried to steal the election in florida, it wasn't bush...