X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UGS
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2005

Who was the most intelligent President?

Let's not discuss that IQ report that came out a few years ago, as we all know it's bogus. . .but really, based on policy, actions, strategy, speeches, etc, what pres do you think had his shit together the most?

I'm thinking Carter probably up there, but I'm curious to see what the general consensus is. Jackson seemed to be smart too, but for relevence's sake, let's keep the discussion to post WWII. Discuss.
    Keep on Rothing in the Free World
  • Unchainme
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2005

Ford's probably going to say Clinton LOL.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Thomas Jefferson was pretty damn smart. He was a scientist and inventor. Hated politics but took the job because he felt it was his duty.

Teddy Roosevelt is one I admire. A rich kid from the east who always tried to fit in with the mainstream Americans more than the elite. He was a conservationist and environmentalist in a realistic sense and could not be bought by big business. Roosevelt broke up huge monopolies like Standard Oil to keep consumer prices lower and to invite competition in a free marketplace. After seeing how our current politicians are bought and paid for by big business, we need another Teddy Roosevelt today.

Jimmy Carter. He had the misfortune of being president during double digit inflation and hard economic times. Carter was probably one of the best foriegn policy presidents and later became admired even from political opponents for his integrity, honesty, and charity. Carter was an unpopular president who because of his post presidency charity and diplomatic work, is widely respected by both Democrats and Republicans today.

Dewight Eisenhower. The famouse general who became president had a gift to see the big picture. It helped him win the war in Europe and it helped him initiate programs that built infastructure in the US that we need today. This was the president that built the Interstate freeway system when many people thought he was crazy. Picture the country without the Interstate now. What a slow poking traffic jam we would have on small two lane highways. Eisenhower also warned about the "military industrial complex" becoming too powerful. Vietnam and the current war in Iraq prove he was right. Dick Chenney and George Bush invaded Iraq to boost Halliburton Oil profits under the guise of "weapons of mass destruction". Eisenhower saw the temptation to go to war to make money and gave his warning over 40 years ago.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
        Ford's probably going to say Clinton LOL.
        Bill Clinton, in all seriousness, was probably the most intelligent man to hold the office in our lifetime.

Carter was also highly intelligent. Nixon wasn't a dummy either, just paranoid and corrupt. And Poppy Bush didn't turn the BCE into the worldwide crime empire that it is by being an idiot. I don't think any of his sons are very bright though. Jeb is smarter than Junior, but not by much.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Mezro
          Full Member Status

• May 2004

Originally posted by FORD
          Bill Clinton, in all seriousness, was probably the most intelligent man to hold the office in our lifetime.

Carter was also highly intelligent. Nixon wasn't a dummy either, just paranoid and corrupt. And Poppy Bush didn't turn the BCE into the worldwide crime empire that it is by being an idiot. I don't think any of his sons are very bright though. Jeb is smarter than Junior, but not by much.
          If there was a President Gore, where do you think would he stand in that group?

Mezro...can't see him being smarter than Carter...but Al did invent the internet ...
          Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I think John F. Kennedy had to be close to brilliant. And I say this not just because I consider him a personal hero for his ability to juggle poontang and the Cold War, but because he was literally sedated for much of his presidency as his back pain became worse and worse. Yet historians can fine almost no fault in his decision making regarding The Cuban Missile Crisis and in his performance at a critical summit meeting with Khrushchev.

Comment

• Rikk
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Carter. You have to be pretty brilliant to force Human Rights Legislation policing by the UN for the United States and not be killed.

A great man, his legacy was not seen through because the moron cowboy took over in 1981 and practically declared war on Russia for the sake of scaring voters and pleasing arms dealers...
              Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
              Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                Carter. You have to be pretty brilliant to force Human Rights Legislation policing by the UN for the United States and not be killed.

A great man, his legacy was not seen through because the moron cowboy took over in 1981 and practically declared war on Russia for the sake of scaring voters and pleasing arms dealers...
                You know, I once saw a biography of CARTER in which he said that his brother BILLY was actually much smarter (and more troubled) than he was.

I think they both worked in a warehouse when they were young men, so they could sit and read newspaper after newspaper.

Comment

• UGS
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by FORD
                  Jeb is smarter than Junior, but not by much.
                  There's an accomplishment-and-a-half

Jeb will make a good president someday, his dad said so.
                  Keep on Rothing in the Free World

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Karl Rove.
                    ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                    Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Warham
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

I'd say Bill Clinton. He's somehow managed to stay out of prison for the last thirty years. That takes brilliance to accomplish.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                        I'd say Bill Clinton. He's somehow managed to stay out of prison for the last thirty years. That takes brilliance to accomplish.
                        No, it was just the hapless efforts of right wing morons that never stood up under any real investigation.

Comment

• Rikk
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                          No, it was just the hapless efforts of right wing morons that never stood up under any real investigation.
                          See THE HUNTING OF THE PRESIDENT. Pretty good flick.
                          Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                          Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Warham
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                            Hey, don't blame the Republicans for his mistakes!

He got in trouble with Hillary all by himself.

Comment

• academic punk
                              Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

What is this obsession you have with Bill Clinton's penis???!!???

Comment

Working...